Author Topic: OMG HARRY POTTER TRAILER CUMMING SOON  (Read 6686 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
OMG HARRY POTTER TRAILER CUMMING SOON
« on: October 23, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »
October 11, 2006 - Word comes today, via the latest edition of the official Harry Potter email newsletter, that the preview for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will hit theaters on Friday, November 17th, exclusively attached to the CG-animated Warner Bros. comedy, Happy Feet.

Potter devotees will have to wait until July 13, 2007 to see Phoenix on the big screen in its entirety.

The fifth installment in the boy-wizard series follows Harry as he returns to Hogwarts and learns that much of the wizarding community is in denial about his recent encounter with Voldemort. Fearing that Hogwarts' Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort's return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge's Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves "Dumbledore's Army," Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing them for the battle that lies ahead.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/738/738377p1.html
 :hyper

I can't wait. Order of the Phoenix is perhaps the best HP book, and if done correctly the movie could be awesome. The book is rather dark, and I hope the movie is treated the same; that's one of the reason's Prisoner of Azkaban rocked so hard. Cuarón really nailed it.

But what will they cut out? Apparently Dobby won't be in the movie. I hated him in the second movie, but he kinda plays an important role in the book. He's the one who tells Harry about the Room of Requirement. And if he's not in it, I wonder if they'll cut out SPEW also. Personally I wouldn't mind if they cut Quidditch out if they absolutely had to.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: OMG HARRY POTTER TRAILER CUMMING SOON
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:44:08 PM »
Order of Phoenix will be a godawful movie if they keep adapting the books like they have.
PSP

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:46:24 PM »
Order of the Pheonix, save for the last few chapters, almost bored me to tears. I expect the film will do the same. PASS. ::)
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 07:49:13 PM »
Order of Phoenix will be a godawful movie if they keep adapting the books like they have.

Goblet of Fire had some absolutely terrible editing. The first 20+ were terrible. Skipping to the Quidditch Cup, and the HORRIBLE aftermath ("a man Harry? But who?) was dumb. Once they get to Hogwarts things get much better, despite Gambon's poor preformance as Dumbledore.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 07:49:57 PM »
Yeah, it's not really a book that I see translating to film very well.  The books have been getting worse and worse, as well.  That hack writer has finally outhacked herself.

Goblet of Fire stood the best chance of being the best overall film of all the books, especially since it had an actual villain.  Instead of making it a great film, they used the ADAPT-A-POTTER-BOOK formula from the previous films and made an absolutely boring movie.
PSP

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:51:24 PM »
Snape kills Dumbledore.
萌え~

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »
 :lol
PSP

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 07:51:47 PM »
Hey hey hey, I thought the last one was pretty fucking good. :-\
BKO

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 07:52:59 PM »
They should just rename Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE.
PSP

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 07:54:23 PM »
They should just rename Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE.
Agreed.
萌え~

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »

Yeah, but then you'd kill any suspense the story had. :-[
BKO

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »
Goblet of Fire was pretty awful.  I don't know how you could make a film feel more pedestrian than Chris Columbus' first two snoozefests, but Mike Newell did a terrific job.  And without John Williams' awesome score, it really didn't even have a leg to stand on.

As for all the Prisoner of Azkaban love, Alfonso Cuarón did inject some much needed life into the franchise with some great imagery, but the film was once again a bore due to the lack of a real villain.

Hopefully when Warner Bros. is done churning out these pedestrian adaptations, someone will remake them 20 years from now and make them worth seeing.
PSP

Catalyst

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 08:10:50 PM »
Uh, who the fuck over 15 watches this shit?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 08:13:10 PM »
Yeah, it's not really a book that I see translating to film very well.  The books have been getting worse and worse, as well.  That hack writer has finally outhacked herself.

Goblet of Fire stood the best chance of being the best overall film of all the books, especially since it had an actual villain.  Instead of making it a great film, they used the ADAPT-A-POTTER-BOOK formula from the previous films and made an absolutely boring movie.

The books are getting much better and more complicated.

The first book is essentially a children detective book. You guess who the villian is, and at the end you find out you've been wrong all along. That's not to say the book is bad; it's just more children oriented than the rest.

The second book is darker, but it's still a detective romp. I've always believed that Rowling will indeed right a quasi detective book after she's done with HP. She's also said this is the most important book in the series in terms of clues.

The third book really took the series to another level. Where once it was more of a children's story, Prisoner of Azkaban introduces many darker subjects. Many of the subjects hinted at in the previous books , such as the death of the Potters, are fully revealed. And for the first time in the series, Voldermort is not the villian, nor is he anywhere to be seen. Brilliant move on Rowling's part.

The fourth book is a transitional book imo. It's considerably longer than the other books; it's also clear that Rowling's inexperience with writing "long books" is on display. Like the third book, it introduces some very interesting characters such as Mad Eye Moody.

The fifth book is perhaps the best. It's perfectly paced. Perhaps my favorite thing about the book is its variety; there are so many interesting side stories here. From the introduction of Neville's parents to SPEW to Ron's Quiddith tryouts to Gwrap, every story grabs attention. The last few chapters are harrowing, sad, and nerve-wracking. I've never been more...afraid for the lives of fictional characters before. I knew someone was going to die, and pretty quickly Rowling makes it clear that everyone is a candidate. During most of the book it seems like Hagrid is the unlucky one, but within the last few chapters everyone is in trouble. Ron is almost killed. Neville is almost killed. Mad Eye is almost killed. And then there's Luna floating around, oblivous to all harm lol. The duel between Dumbledore and Voldermort is the final climax of an amazing book, which ends with Harry more damaged and heartbroken than ever.

The sixth book is an amazing piece of fantasy for the series. After five books, Rowling finally decides to detail Voldermort. We learn about his childhood, and the events that made him the evil man he is. Like OOTP, HBP introduces many side stories too. But perhaps the most interesting parts of the book are Harry's adventures with Dumbledore. The book is perfectly constucted, and when all the pieces come together the picture is quite easy to see. The Hocruxes bring a whole different point to the books. After reading HBP, little details from the previous books become huge clues (IE the locket...). And while everyone is aware of the big spoiler of the book, few understand the actual meaning of it. The "Snape kills Dumbledore" quips cloud the issue, which is much bigger. Is Snape really a bad guy, or is he still a double agent (as the book clearly suggests imo)? Who is RAB? Is he Sirius' brother (as the books suggest)? Will Harry return to Hogwarts (yes imo)? And what will happen to Malfoy?

I can't wait to get the answers to some of those questions

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 08:15:18 PM »
What kind of self respecting black male reads Harry Potter?
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 08:19:21 PM »
I like fantasty books so what. LOTR, Narnia, Harry Potter, whatever. They make me feel like a kid again, under the sheets reading an epic story about magical worlds, brave heroes, and terrible villians

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 08:20:53 PM »
I like fantasty books so what. LOTR, Narnia, Harry Potter, whatever. They make me feel like a kid again, under the sheets reading an epic story about magical worlds, brave heroes, and terrible villians

Oh please, be real. You know you touch yourself at night. Who has time to read? :P
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 08:23:11 PM »

Oh please, be real. You know you touch yourself at night. Who has time to read? :P

Hermonie :-*

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 08:26:02 PM »

You're not a kid?

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 08:26:32 PM »
An annoying, frumpy, uptight little girl in a fantasy novel really does it for you?

No words. :'(
BKO

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 08:28:16 PM »
grown men discussing Harry Potter.

:duh
BUN

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 08:28:51 PM »

You're not a kid?

Well sort of. I'm 19. But the books remind me of the time when I first was introduced to Harry Potter so long ago.

Shake: she's hot in the movies. Eat a fat cock or pour me a Coke, either way shut up

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 08:30:14 PM »
Quote from: Pheonix Dark

Shake: she's hot in the movies. Eat a fat cock or pour me a Coke, either way shut up

Wow, you just keep striking out.
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Pheonix Dark

Wow, you just keep striking out.

*yawn*

Right now my most anticipated movie of 07 is Spiderman 3, mainly because I know it's going to deliver. I don't know they can deliver OOTP in all it's glory yet. I hope they can

Same with stuff like Transformers and TMNT. I'll be in line on day one, but I'm not 100% sure those movies will be great.

With The Dark Knight, there is no worry. That's going to kick as much (if not more) ass than Spidey

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 08:37:59 PM »

With The Dark Knight, there is no worry. That's going to kick as much (if not more) ass than Spidey

Ah, you redeem yourself! :D
BKO

Catalyst

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 08:38:10 PM »
What kind of sane adult watches fuckin' Harry Potter?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 08:40:47 PM »

Don't you listen to emo music? Go cut yourself

Lots of adults like Harry Potter. It's not really a children's book, and the movies are getting pretty dark. Watch Prisoner of Azkaban and get back with me

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 08:41:59 PM »
No, Harry Potter is pretty much kid's stuff. Sorry. :-[
BKO

Catalyst

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 09:00:58 PM »

Don't you listen to emo music? Go cut yourself

Lots of adults like Harry Potter. It's not really a children's book, and the movies are getting pretty dark. Watch Prisoner of Azkaban and get back with me
Emo music actually means something.  Harry Potter doesn't.  End of story.  Go cry or something, but I'm right, you're wrong.  Period.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 09:03:22 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 09:06:16 PM »
OOTP is not the best book. Bookwise it goes:

GOF
PoA
HBP
OOTP
*big space*
COS
SS

Moviewise:
POA
GOF
*big space*
COS
SS

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 09:14:22 PM »
HBP
OOTP
PoA
GOF
COS
SS

Catalyst

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 09:15:02 PM »
How about

POS
POS
POS
POS
POS
POS

Cheebs

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 09:24:54 PM »
How about

POS
POS
POS
POS
POS
POS
No one asked you to come to this board after opa-ages went poof. kthx

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 09:32:15 PM »
The sixth book is an amazing piece of fantasy for the series. After five books, Rowling finally decides to detail Voldermort. We learn about his childhood, and the events that made him the evil man he is. Like OOTP, HBP introduces many side stories too. But perhaps the most interesting parts of the book are Harry's adventures with Dumbledore. The book is perfectly constucted, and when all the pieces come together the picture is quite easy to see. The Hocruxes bring a whole different point to the books. After reading HBP, little details from the previous books become huge clues (IE the locket...). And while everyone is aware of the big spoiler of the book, few understand the actual meaning of it. The "Snape kills Dumbledore" quips cloud the issue, which is much bigger. Is Snape really a bad guy, or is he still a double agent (as the book clearly suggests imo)? Who is RAB? Is he Sirius' brother (as the books suggest)? Will Harry return to Hogwarts (yes imo)? And what will happen to Malfoy?
So having no story and all cliches is good?  This is honestly the worst book I have chosen to read and I was just about to give up in the last 100 pages.  Read Wicked (prequel to Wizard of Oz) or A Wizard of Earthse to see what good real fantasy is supposed to be like.  Artemis Fowl is also much better, in fact I can't think of any major fantasy story that is worse then Harry Potter.  It's pure wannabe writing that is impossible to enjoy without a few grams of Ritalin.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 09:36:36 PM »
No story? Are you crazy? It details the evolution of Voldermort and slowly builds up to a giant attack on Hogwarts. How is that not story?

The sidestories are also good. Harry Potter bagging Ron's sister had me cracking up and sighing like I was on the Oprah show

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »
No story? Are you crazy? It details the evolution of Voldermort and slowly builds up to a giant attack on Hogwarts. How is that not story?
The sidestories are also good. Harry Potter bagging Ron's sister had me cracking up and sighing like I was on the Oprah show
See that's what I call not having a story or a morsel of respect for your reader.  NONE.  Pure shit on paper.  I'm going to burn that book actually because it's so much pure shit.

Cheebs

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2006, 09:44:18 PM »
HP has a deep story but most people gave up after the initial craze of SS & COS. The book took a DRASTIC turn after those simple mystery stories of book 1 and 2.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:52 PM »
HP has a deep story but most people gave up after the initial craze of SS & COS. The book took a DRASTIC turn after those simple mystery stories of book 1 and 2.

Exactly. The series went from "another fantasy children's romp" to a suspenseful fantasy thriller within three books. Many people still write it off, but the books are definitely not "just" for kids anymore. HBP was probably a little too dark for many kids. I know a few 11 and 12 year olds (family friends) who didn't like the book because of the things that happened. It's clear that the complexity of the story is leaving some younger readers behind pretty quickly

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2006, 09:57:41 PM »

You're such a nerd, PhoenixDark.
PSP

Cheebs

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »

You're such a nerd, PhoenixDark.

I know. With Harry Potter I have this wierd emotional attatchment that's hard to explain. Perhaps it has to do with the way I was introduced to the book.

When I was little I was pretty religious. Perhaps "religious" is not the best word though; "supersticious" seems like a better choice. I was one of those Christian kids who thought Harry Potter was demonic, and the daily dose of homeschooling I got only re-enforced those beliefs.

Well one day a friend of mine told me how he had been reading Harry Potter, and how amazing it was. I told him I didn't read it because it was evil, at which point he laughed at me. Finally we made a deal: I would read the first Harry Potter book if he read The Lion, The Witch, and the Waredrobe, as well as a Christian tract. We agreed and exchanged reading material.

From the first to last page, I was blown away by the book. It was funny, witty, action packed, and thought provoking to the little kid that I was at the time. It really marked a change in my life, as I slowly became more cynical of what I was being taught (example: Bill Clinton ruined the moral fabric of the country as well as the economy though socialist programs) in school. Even before reading the book I began to question the clear bias seen in my schoolbooks, but Harry Potter pushed things over the edge. While some people's shift to the far left is marked by wild sex and rampant drug use, mine was marked with trips to the library and soul searching. Was Clinton really a bad guy? Was Malcolm X just as racist as Hitler? Was Ronald Reagan truly the greatest president since Lincoln?

So Harry Potter means a lot to me, thank you very much. And I'm certainly not too proud to admit it.

*sniff*
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:13:54 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Himu

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »
OotP was disappointing as hell
IYKYK

Cheebs

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 10:16:30 PM »
Little kid? Harry Potter has been around like only 7 years.

Himu

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2006, 10:17:39 PM »
Phoenix is like 18 or something, so yeah he's be a little kid or something like that
IYKYK

Cheebs

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »
I'm only 20 and I got the first book when it first came out. I did not feel like a little kid.  :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2006, 10:19:06 PM »
OotP was disappointing as hell
WTF? :(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2006, 10:19:40 PM »
I'm only 20 and I got the first book when it first came out. I did not feel like a little kid.  :lol

"Little kid" is subjective. At least that's what I told the judge

Catalyst

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2006, 10:59:29 PM »
How about

POS
POS
POS
POS
POS
POS
No one asked you to come to this board after opa-ages went poof. kthx
And no one asked for you to come here either.  kay tee aetch ex

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 12:38:22 AM »
The first 30sec of this trailer gives give goosebumps everytime I see it

Catalyst

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 02:32:06 AM »
What lamer jizzes over kiddy shit like this?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:34:23 AM by Drinky Crowed »

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »
No matter what any delusional fanboy says, HP is most definitely a by-the-numbers, cliche ridden book. Honestly, how many times do we need the standard "mysterious beings attack Hogwarts, everyone blames Harry, he turns emo, emo, emo, Voldemort, Dumbledore being mysterious, ooooh Snape, emo emo" crap? The only reason I was able to stomach Book Six was because it didn't fall into that tired mold.

PD, go read some real fantasy -- COMICS MOTHERFUCKER. :punch
BKO

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 12:25:34 PM »
The actors are too old!!!!!!!!!!!
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 01:23:59 PM »
No matter what any delusional fanboy says, HP is most definitely a by-the-numbers, cliche ridden book. Honestly, how many times do we need the standard "mysterious beings attack Hogwarts, everyone blames Harry, he turns emo, emo, emo, Voldemort, Dumbledore being mysterious, ooooh Snape, emo emo" crap? The only reason I was able to stomach Book Six was because it didn't fall into that tired mold.

PD, go read some real fantasy -- COMICS MOTHERFUCKER. :punch
*yawn*

Harry was only blamed for something huge one time - in the second book. Get yet facts right faggurt :punch

In the rest of the books he might get blamed for lying about Voldermort's return (OOTP) or about putting his name in the Goblet of Fire. MEH.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »
I'll watch Harry Potter when that chick is legal.
AMC

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2006, 01:48:06 PM »
The first four books are pure drivel, but the 5th and 6th are largely readable.

I stopped reading the first about halfway through, but after watching the 4th movie with my wife and finding it didn't make a lick of sense, I read the 4th book to grok the plot points, and while it was horribly banal and tiresome as far as prose goes, I wound up reading the 5th and 6th over the course of a couple evenings just to see where the plot went. I can't say I'm terribly excited for the 7th, but I'll read it on a flight or something.

Hey, there's worse shit out there -- ever read post-Shining Steven King?

LOLZ TROLLZ :hyper
duc

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »
Cheebs is awesome, he's keepin it FRAKIN REAL
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
I am guilty of trolling Drinky threads, so I can't complain here

Cheebs

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2006, 02:57:46 PM »
this thread needs more starbuck:

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2006, 02:59:59 PM »
STAAARRRBBBUUUCCCKK!  :shh
PSP