Author Topic: MGS4 THREAD OF PEE PEE, POO POO and Anti-MGS Troll TEARS (!!EXPECT SPOILERS!!)  (Read 34051 times)

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
Re: GAMEPRO GIVES MGS4 5/5 AND THEY BRING UP FF7 IN REVIEW
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »
Why was it in regards to GTA4 though? That seems to happen with every "high profile" game these days. I think the reviews of Halo 2 pretty much made it clear that the controlled review sessions made for some dodgy ass reviews.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »
And then you have the fucking story, and the miserable story telling. I can deal with bizarre, if the storytelling is there. Which in the case of MGS, it just plain isn't. And having suffered through about 50% of The Twilight Princess, I'm starting to think that it's a problem with Japanese storytelling in general, and that fans of the MGS story are all-out or closet Japfags who have slogged through basic training in deciphering shit storytelling just so that they can enjoy idiotic stories as they were meant to be enjoyed.

Hmm, I personally think the ridiculous, over-the-top, meandering and confusing storylines are the best thing about the MGS series... truthfully though, only the second game had this... the first and the third game's plotline was mostly straightforward.
^_^

Draft

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2008, 01:48:59 PM »
Borys' hatred of the Xbox was legendary on Evil Avatar.

LEGENDARY.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2008, 01:50:49 PM »
Why was it in regards to GTA4 though? That seems to happen with every "high profile" game these days. I think the reviews of Halo 2 pretty much made it clear that the controlled review sessions made for some dodgy ass reviews.

It was in regards to GTA4 because unlike Halo 3 and the like, which have bloated scores, this was getting perfect scores.  The discussion was about the general practice, though.

Point being, stop wah-wah'ing that folks here are irate that MGS4 seems to be getting the same treatment and the community stood idly by as GTA4 got perfect score after perfect score.  I dare say that GTA4 is probably less liked by the community at large than MGS4.

All the 'bore is about is dogging sacred cows.  Don't get your panties in a bunch when it's yours.
PSP

duckman2000

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »
I thought it was established though that the reviews are generally not from a studio playthrough? Maybe it was just 1up, but none of the people who played it during the invitational event are actually reviewing the game, for that reason. I was under the impression that it was a mandate, but maybe that's incorrect.

Whatever though, MGS4 is anything but a "sacred cow" to me.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:59:45 PM by duckman2000 »

Powerslave

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2008, 02:07:20 PM »
stop wah-wah'ing faggit

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2008, 02:08:11 PM »
so does mgs4 change the face of gaming more than wii fit?

Beezy

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2008, 02:18:06 PM »
:piss GTA4 :piss2
My worst videogame purchase ever. :'(

Pharmacy

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »
:piss GTA4 :piss2
My worst videogame purchase ever. :'(

agreed 10000000000000 times over

FUCK GTA4

GTA3 FOR LIFE N*****

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2008, 03:41:43 PM »
Oh and what did FF7 give us exactly? What kind of impact did FF7 have on the RPG world becides making spin-offs and side story milking okay.

For better or worse, it was the first really large-scale production RPG.  Not only the graphics, but the design team (there were like 20 designers involved) and everything else.
QED

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »
I'm a huge Mgs fan.

But i can't help but smell BS on the impact that MGS4 might have on gaming, specially when what we see from MGS4, is a iteration in a big franchise that has suffered an impact from other games.

You see the gameplay, it's all influenced by other games. So i'm really, at least not right now, seeing the "whole impact" that MGS4 might have on gaming, and it all sounds like hyperbole Bs.

But i'm waiting to be surprised.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2008, 03:49:03 PM »
Has any MGS game really had much of an impact on gaming, aside from inspiring an assload of stealth action clones?
zzzzz

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »
I think MGs1 had a big impact. It introduced stealth to consoles at least, i don't know when Thief came out.

And it was the 1st game that brought a new kind of entertainment to consoles at least, and i think gaming overall, with that i mean cinematic entertainment. It was the 1st game that made you feel you were inside a movie.

So yes, MGs1 in my opinion had a big impact on gaming. The rest of the Solid franchise hasn't though, and i fail to see how MGS4, a game changed to be like others, is gonna be any different.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
lol WrikaWreck is here.

I got banned for making a joke on the Bioshock thread. A joke....a harmless joke. I guess the mod was looking for blood after those haze news.

duckman2000

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
WrikaWrek is here? I'm out.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
lol WrikaWreck is here.

I got banned for making a joke on the Bioshock thread. A joke....a harmless joke. I guess the mod was looking for blood after those haze news.
In slightly related news, I got unbanned today after a month. YAY!!
jon

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2008, 04:53:56 PM »
:lol fuck you guys, i dont even know who this wrikawrek guy is. he can stay.

:btw mgs4 will be shit, mark it
fat

duckman2000

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »

He's like an Xtardy version of SolidSnakex Dante, only more annoying and a good measure more daft.

Oblivion

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »
Borys is the non-Xbox owning spokesperson for all of the xtards on Evilbore though.
Xbox killed PC gaming as we know it. I'll NEVER forgive Microsoft that.

What? Is that the reason you hate MS? Seriously?

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »
all we need is skilloton and deepblue and we can have ourselves a party :hyper

where have y2kev and drohne gone? did they stop posting here?
orl

Pharmacy

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2008, 05:10:47 PM »
Borys is the non-Xbox owning spokesperson for all of the xtards on Evilbore though.

well xbox killed pc gaming

and pc gaming is the best type of gaming

Oblivion

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2008, 05:15:13 PM »

I saw y2kev post the other day. drohne placed himself in a self imposed interweb exile, sadly.  :'(

well xbox killed pc gaming

and pc gaming is the best type of gaming

Admittedly, I haven't really ever paid too much attention on the PC side of things, but how exactly did they do that?

Pharmacy

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2008, 05:24:49 PM »
Admittedly, I haven't really ever paid too much attention on the PC side of things, but how exactly did they do that?

cos microsoft built the xbox as a watered down pc, which basically ruined the pc market

now the 360 is here, they did the same thing, watered down pc etc

i dunno let borys explain, ive only got a generally idea

duckman2000

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »
I'm certainly more angry at PC gamers than anyone else at this point. Most of the people I know who play PC games have done so without actually paying for the games. They can drop $500 on a video card to play Crysis, but the game itself, that has to be free or they won't play it. Worse yet is that some of these cunts are so ignorant that they from time to time go into rants about the miserable state of PC gaming, and wonder aloud why developers have abandoned the platform.

Pharmacy

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »
I'm certainly more angry at PC gamers than anyone else at this point. Most of the people I know who play PC games have done so without actually paying for the games. They can drop $500 on a video card to play Crysis, but the game itself, that has to be free or they won't play it. Worse yet is that some of these cunts are so ignorant that they from time to time go into rants about the miserable state of PC gaming, and wonder aloud why developers have abandoned the platform.

yeah, to be fair if i bought a new rig id end up doing this as well :\

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »

He's like an Xtardy version of SolidSnakex Dante, only more annoying and a good measure more daft.

Hardly.

I trash the Ps3/360 in equal amounts. It's just that Ps3 fanboys generally respond with tears over at Gaf, while 360 fans actually argue with me you know? They actually take my opinion for what it is.

It's funny, i have some Ps3 fans on my Psn friends list, and at the beginning they thought i just hated on Ps3 related stuff till they realized that it was different, i was pretty harsh on the 360 too.

But there's something about most Ps3 fanboys on gaf at least, that they can't take any kind of shit, while at the sametime they only give shit. Never saw so much irony in one forum.

That's the Reason why i was posting less and less on the gaming side, unfortunately, i happened to drop a harmless joke at a bad time. :( And i was having a blast in the OT too, specially with the Football (soccer) crowd. Goddamn mod had to spill blood.

Heck i spend 80% of my gaming time on the Ps3 these days.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 05:55:11 PM by WrikaWrek »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

kev stopped posting here for god knows why.

drohne is taking a vacation from the internet.

Oblivion

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »

2001 grudge burns to this very day

Right, but how exactly did they do that? And is there actual proof or just conjecture?

Sorry, this reminds me a lot of something like Dragona's vendetta against Miyamoto for supposedly breaking up the Metroid Team or some shit. :lol

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2008, 07:28:08 PM »
:bow 2 weeks left :bow2
:bow mgs4 :bow2
:bow kojipro :bow2
zzz

Draft

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2008, 08:15:35 PM »
Borys' hatred of the Xbox is irrational and childish, but pure.

btw: I can already feel myself prepping to enjoy MGS4 a lot but to make an awful lot of fun of the story.

duckman2000

« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2008, 09:46:32 PM »
But there's something about most Ps3 fanboys on gaf at least, that they can't take any kind of shit, while at the sametime they only give shit. Never saw so much irony in one forum.

this.

they have nothing beyond "you are an xbot!"

there's not a single character amongst them , perhaps Wollan, Faf and Pana was always excellent for a proper debate, but i think we've knocked the edges off him a bit! haha. 

Now now, lectures on how to take things in stride with the top on would seem like rather a poor fit for anyone who has had to migrate to another forum in order to spew out excess bile (as well as finally get to loudly admit bias), and gain some perspective. Yes, I'm well aware that this includes me as well. I'm not going to argue that there aren't royal nutcases on the PS3 end of things, but that's hardly exclusive to that side. Neither is the victim complex exclusive to the xtard side, although recently it has certainly seemed to tip in favor of our festive Xs.

Speaking of which though, has anyone invited Busty here? He's always seemed like one of the more likable stards.

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2008, 10:04:02 PM »
Ok so here's what.

We have Nib making up threads after threads about GT 360 bias and shit, doesn't get banned.

I made a thread about a Sony released statement, made no comments whatsoever, what happens? I get called by a bunch of insecure Ps3 fanboys, and end up being banned for trying to hard. Wow

Meanwhile, nib over there is being an hypocrite, damage controlling, definitely trying too hard to defend a Ps3 exclusive, in the Haze thread, what happens? Nothing.

But sure, Crushed got banned for defending Banjo(I don't like how banjo looks too but cmon, wtf was that). But hey, mods were trashing banjo, shit mods were trashing too human at the same time too, it was a party in that place.

And what's up with that shit back a few months ago when i got banned for defending Assassins Creed in its own official thread, while Folus, who was trolling Assassins Creed didn't. Why can Folus and Dante stealth troll every 360 game, yet nobody can say shit.

Why is it that 360 threads get trolled like shit, yet, that Mod Jim, with his snakified avatar makes his presence felt instantly in Ps3 threads?

Dude not so long ago if you saw someone making a 360 game > Ps3 game post, with pics, he would get insta ban, in the meanwhile you would get every 360 thread filled with Uncharted pictures. That was ok.

Wollan draws some comics (funny, sure), man it's comedy gold, you have Ps3 fans cheering and shit, it's amazing, bla bla bla, shogmaster or whatever draws a comic and suddenly everybody gets all serious.

Whatever, the gaming side over there is a piece of shit, and they got lucky they caught me that time, 2 times in a row i get banned for no valid reason, i almost stopped posting there, i just hang around in the OT.

Evilbore seems like a place where people can spit out the truth at least, a le fucking luia. Lets keep it real, fuck that fake shit that goes on at GAF gaming side.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2008, 10:05:05 PM »
take this shit to the outside thread.

http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=6017.0

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »
why shouldn't mods (or anyone) trash Too Human  ???

Dude it's ok to trash a game that looks bad to you. It's not ok to post 20 times saying how trashy it looks to you.

If i said the game looked amazing 20 times in the same thread, i would get banned.

take this shit to the outside thread.

http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=6017.0

Tru dat. Sorry for the off topic.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2008, 10:19:30 PM »
lol, Gamepro.
Hi

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2008, 10:26:08 PM »
why shouldn't mods (or anyone) trash Too Human  ???

(or Banjo for that matter)
stealth edit  :punch

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »
 :lol

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »

You would be shocked at how things are where I live (Asia):

Stores sell you modded Wiis as a first option.
Stores sell you modded PS2s as a first option.
Stores sell you modded Xboxes as a first option.
Stores sell you modded Xbox 360s as a first option.
Stores sell you modded PSPs as a first option.
Stores sell you modded NDSs as a first option.

They are expecting you to buy the modded version. These are perfectly legit game shops that completely pass under the radar even when customs officers raid the malls where these stores are located.

You want to know why the Gamecube sold so poorly over here when the console launched? It was a bitch to pirate the games (at least initially).
You want to know why the PS3 is selling so poorly over here? You can't pirate the games.

I'll tell you what: people look at me funny when I say I want to buy Mario Kart Wii. "Just download it!" is what I hear. I'm blowing my money. This is from a guy in the office that has a hard drive with a little over 900 NDS roms on it.

The mainboard on my Wii burned out due to a short-circuit through no fault of the console. So here I am trying to repair it, and this other guy from the office tells me to not bother with replacing the mainboard when it costs 3/4 the price of a brand new Wii (I just want my saved games). "Just get a Wii and mod it, buy a few pirated games and you've recouped your investment." This is the same guy who goes every weekend to China and picks up a Wii game for five RMB - that's 65 cents. He gets bundled PSP CDs that come with assorted games for the same price.

All my recent PC games are purchased either off Steam or Direct2Drive. And honestly, when you have deals like the EIDOS pack or The Orange Box, there is really little incentive to pirate; the games come out for less than 10 bucks at times (by comparison, a pirated game here will sell for about 4USD, but by the time you factor in transportation and time it ends up costing about the same as "going legit"). Games don't cost that much on the PC. There are even free games to the caliber of Hitman, SC:CT or Far Cry if you are willing to put up with advertisements or being able to play the game for a limited period of time (not time-trials; you play the full game via a service, but you only have 1-2 months to play it). That, and abandonware: I just downloaded about 1,000 abandonware games via torrent; while 90% of those may be absolute shite or may not hold up well with time, I'll still have 100 free, legit games that I can play.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with the state of PC gaming. It's just going through its phase again, like a menstrual cycle. Every time a console cycle launches, there is this initial push by gamers to buy the latest consoles. The media goes into a frenzy, and euphoric gamers rush to buy the latest (pirated) games. Then in mid-cycle, the PC comes back with a vengeance.

It's been this way ever since the SNES days. Fact is, piracy has been rampant on both console and PC gaming since I can remember, and believe me, having lived in Asia for the greater part of my life, I've seen all there is to see about piracy - and then some. I'd even argue that piracy on consoles is much higher than it is with PC gaming, because most console gamers here will pirate console games, while PC users (not gamers) are not all into gaming, and may only pirate operating systems or applications.

duckman2000

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2008, 01:11:56 PM »
Actually, that does sort of remind me of the homeland. I jokingly said to a friend here that the PS3 would never take off over there unless it becomes easy to play pirated games on the system, but really, it's not all that far fetched of a joke. Most of the people I knew who owned Playstation 1s back in the day had massive collections of mostly pirated games. The whole culture there is sort of weird, as piracy is considered pretty much alright. Hell, there are even pro-piracy organizations, although of course they consider themselves spokespeople for the "Information is Free" movement. Now, if it was only free to actually develop the products they want for free, eh?

On an MGS4 note, the game might be shit, but the soundtrack appears to be amazing. That should cushion the blow of buying the LE for an undesirable game.

duckman2000

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »
why shouldn't mods (or anyone) trash Too Human

all bets were off when people shit the bed over Turok.

You know, I can understand Bish being touchy about blatant trolling, but I thought it was pretty lame that he dodged some pretty reasonable questions. I believe one of my questions was in regards to the decidedly outdated view bob, asking if the retail version would allow you to turn it off, and instead of responding to those types of questions, the focus was all on griping about people trolling the game. That was pretty disappointing.

But, the victim deal among Xtards is becoming unbearable. Yes, Too Human gets trolled, lots. It also receives valid criticism, but that's of course viewed as trolling too. But then so did Haze, didn't it? And that was open for free trolling before gameplay impressions had actually come in. Of course, some games are off-limits, but then that's true for Xbox titles as well. I saw plenty of people receive long bans for dogging on the early media of Halo 3, with Bish being the frontrunner among the mods that actively searched out Halo 3 trolls. So really, it's not as one-sided as the various camps would like people to believe. And getting upset over supposed unfair treatment doesn't exactly mesh with claims of that particular fanbase somehow having a tougher skin.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 03:50:55 PM by duckman2000 »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »
Is it true that MGS4 has like, 3 90min cutscenes?
:9

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »
i heard it's 60 and probably just the ending.

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »

Yeah, the U.S. OPM's review mentions an hour-long endgame cutscene.
野球

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »

:drool :omg

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2008, 05:18:26 PM »
A 60 minute cut scene?

What the fuck.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »
Fuck The Dark Knight, MGS4 coming to a 65" HDTV near you :bow

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
nice poster btw.

Draft

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
one dude that was banned for burning Turok nailed the sickest troll of all time. It was incredible. It was about the PS3 version and he asked if it would run on 40gb PS3s  :lol

Both X and Sfags are unbearable nowadays. On GAF at least. I much prefer the tone of a place like OA where these morons can be the ignorant shitheads they so desperately want to. More entertaining and pure than the mewling appeals to authority.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2008, 09:22:40 PM »
it was AdmiralViscen.

Draft

Beezy

« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2008, 09:46:29 PM »
one dude that was banned for burning Turok nailed the sickest troll of all time. It was incredible. It was about the PS3 version and he asked if it would run on 40gb PS3s  :lol
I don't get it...

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2008, 09:48:43 PM »
hint: what doesn't run on the 40gig?

Beezy

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2008, 09:51:57 PM »
Okay now I get it. :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Re: MGS4 THREAD OF PEE PEE, POO POO and Anti-MGS Troll TEARS
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2008, 03:38:18 AM »
IGN UK rated it 9.9 out of 10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877611p1.html

:omg

"BEST BOSS BATTLES YET"

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2008, 03:39:05 AM »
as good as jade empire!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2008, 03:39:28 AM »
;________________________________________________________;

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2008, 03:49:36 AM »
endings for long adventure/RPG games OUGHT TO be at least a half hour long, I get v. cranky when they're not :punch
QED

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2008, 03:50:37 AM »
One of those things that Konami doesn't want us to talk about is the 'total length of cut-scenes'. Hopefully it won't be bending the rules to far to reveal that they represent about half of the content of the game. That, for some people, will be too much to bear.
萌え~

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2008, 03:53:16 AM »
*waits for glorious backlash*
AMC

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2008, 04:01:07 AM »
uh-oh

large and relevant themes, from post-traumatic stress to global warming.

Kojima had a blog entry a couple years back in which he recounted reading Crichton's "State of Fear" and being super-impressed and convinced by it  :-X  :-X  :-X

we can only hope he's changed his mind since then and MGS4 won't devolve into denialist propaganda  :-X
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 04:03:09 AM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED