Author Topic: So Mega Man 9  (Read 61706 times)

JustinP

• I put bananas up my butt. ONE MORE DUMB POST AND I'M BANNED!
Re: So Mega Man 9
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »
new video: http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14260822/mega-man-9/videos/mm9multidebu.html

And it is coming to PSN and XBLA.  Suck it Wii exclusivity.
thank god.  now i can save my precious wii kilobytes for bomberman

Himu

« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »
One thing I noticed is that they've recycled the bubble platforming from MM5. lol

I'm disappointed Capcom is opting to take the series a step back graphics wise, but honestly, looking at that trailer...the nes can't do all of that. This is definitely a stylistic choice more than anything else. I have yet to see an 8 bit or pre-super FX chip snes games that can pull sprite scaling off like that.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2008, 07:59:47 PM »
omg that was awesome.

also i don't have to dust off my Xbox 360 for it.

fixed for someone of your status
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »
if you're gonna play it on wii, might i introduce you to my friend the twilight hack
fat

Narag

« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2008, 08:19:07 PM »
I'll probably get this twice. Once to keep the MM stuff together on the Wii, once for DELICIOUS ACHIEVEMENT POINTS> FUCK YEAH.
DMC

JustinP

• I put bananas up my butt. ONE MORE DUMB POST AND I'M BANNED!
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2008, 08:20:07 PM »
if you're gonna play it on wii, might i introduce you to my friend the twilight hack
i thought they patched it

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2008, 08:39:01 PM »
i saw no sprite scaling
duc

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #367 on: July 10, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »
yeah himuro i don't think you know what sprite scaling means
wtc

drohne

« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2008, 08:47:53 PM »
i think he mistook those transitions where megaman zooms into the screen for actual game elements. oh himumu

psn version :o

wii fails again

cool breeze

« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »
If I wasn't lazy, I would cut together a trailer featuring gameplay/music from 4-6 and I guarantee that people will believe it is MM9.

Narag

« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2008, 08:49:52 PM »
i was going to mention that, but i didn't think anyone could be that :-\

Same here. Its the first thing I thought actually then figured no way.
DMC

cool breeze

« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2008, 09:04:38 PM »
It would be meant to trick those who are hyped up for a MM9 game, yet probably never touched most of the NES games.  The people who actually played all the games are totally justified.

Himu

« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »
I'm just glad there's a psn/xbl version. But what about ds/psp.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2008, 10:10:49 PM »
what i meant but the sprite scaling or altering was when Mega jumped on that thingy, and he turns upside down. It looked so...so smooth. Smother than any thing an 8 bit system could possibly do.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2008, 10:11:05 PM »
PS3 version of Bionic Commando lets you play on the PSP, so maybe this will also.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2008, 10:11:28 PM »
i thought they patched it

Hackers dont get stopped by "patches"

I also have homebrew channel
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »
what i meant but the sprite scaling or altering was when Mega jumped on that thingy, and he turns upside down. It looked so...so smooth. Smother than any thing an 8 bit system could possibly do.

haha

hey himuro, when you get a mushroom, mario goes from small to big

insane sprite scaling
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:25:34 PM by demi »
fat

Himu

« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2008, 10:32:57 PM »
True. I entirely forgot about the spinning. I think it's MM3.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »
Gonna start MM6 in a few minutes!
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
the nes megamans suck, play the GB ones instead
fat

Rman

« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »
the nes megamans suck, play the GB ones instead
Huh.  Weren't the GB ones just remixes of the original NES games?

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2008, 10:48:36 PM »
Colourless remixes at that. Unless he means the GBA ones.
Boo

Jansen

« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »
PS3 version of Bionic Commando lets you play on the PSP, so maybe this will also.

your post got me all excited and then i found out you can only do this is via the joke feature known as remote play.

screw you!

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #383 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »
man, the music is so sweet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ccdftu1mbzm

« Reply #384 on: July 11, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »
Glad that this is now confirmed for XBLA and PSN. A bit puzzled that this is not a true 'current gen' game using 8-bit sprites and music - from the trailers it's is clearly running on an NES emulator.  It's got flicker and everything.  Cool, I guess? 

Crushed

« Reply #385 on: July 11, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »
Glad that this is now confirmed for XBLA and PSN. A bit puzzled that this is not a true 'current gen' game using 8-bit sprites and music - from the trailers it's is clearly running on an NES emulator.  It's got flicker and everything.  Cool, I guess? 
I never saw flicker. When during the trailer did you see it?  ???
wtc

« Reply #386 on: July 11, 2008, 03:08:41 PM »

During the dragon fight, when he has all the projectiles on the screen and on the same raster line as the character.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »

it's definitely not an emulated ROM, much as it looks like one

they did a REALLY good job of fooling us however
乱学者

Crushed

« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »

During the dragon fight, when he has all the projectiles on the screen and on the same raster line as the character.
It blinked when it was shot. If this was running on an NES emulator, it would probably be flickering like there's no tomorrow just from having all those flame sprites and dragon on screen at once.
wtc

« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2008, 05:09:28 PM »

It blinked when it was shot. If this was running on an NES emulator, it would probably be flickering like there's no tomorrow just from having all those flame sprites and dragon on screen at once.

I really don't think you guys are right, I just watched it another 3 times and there are a number of places where it looks like there is light flicker happening.  We'll see, I suppose.  I'm sure production details will come out later.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #390 on: July 11, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »
not seeing this flickering you speak of

anyway music is awesome and its good to hear I can get it elsewhere like psn or xbla
萌え~

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »

I really don't think you guys are right, I just watched it another 3 times and there are a number of places where it looks like there is light flicker happening.  We'll see, I suppose.  I'm sure production details will come out later.

Unless the team is secretly making a NES ROM and lying to Inafune about it being made with modern programming techniques, then it is definitely not a NES ROM!
乱学者

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »
Definitely a NES ROM. Don't buy it. I'll teach you all the Twilight Hack. Just dont buy it. I'm begging you.
fat

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »
Well, I'll be buying this now that it's been confirmed on systems that are not complete garbage.  Not sure whether I will get it for PS3 or 360.  I think the PS3 has the edge here.  I wish I knew what this was going to look like at 720p.  I'm guessing they will put black bars on the sides of the screen since the room by room structure won't fit well with widescreen support.

I still don't think it looks great, or deserves the jizzings that are being sprayed over it, but hey, cheap megaman.
serge

« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2008, 06:58:06 PM »
Unless the team is secretly making a NES ROM and lying to Inafune about it being made with modern programming techniques, then it is definitely not a NES ROM!

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

I still think this is an NES ROM.

Crushed

« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2008, 07:02:45 PM »
How could it be an NES ROM with online leaderboards and DLC.
wtc

« Reply #396 on: July 11, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »

Haven't seen anything about DLC.  That's interesting.

cool breeze

« Reply #397 on: July 11, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »

Online leaderboards = people jotting down a password and going to a website.
DLC = rom hack

Proto Man DLC:

[youtube=425,350]phs5JV7fSJ4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:22:13 PM by swaggaz »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #398 on: July 11, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

I still think this is an NES ROM.

nobody today even knows HOW to make a NES ROM, let alone a complex one with a few cool graphical tricks

it's not a ROM, dude!
乱学者

cool breeze

« Reply #399 on: July 11, 2008, 07:39:22 PM »
It really doesn't matter too much.  Weather it is a rom or something else, it isn't going to make the game any worse or better than it will be.  The graphics debate at least hold some substance.

cool breeze

« Reply #400 on: July 11, 2008, 07:41:23 PM »
It's a tumor.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #401 on: July 11, 2008, 08:09:40 PM »
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2008, 04:48:10 AM »
beat mm6

started mm7

and uh...this game is fucking weird after playing 1-6 this past week
IYKYK

Tristam

« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2008, 04:58:19 AM »
beat mm6

started mm7

and uh...this game is fucking weird after playing 1-6 this past week

That's because it fucking sucks.

Himu

« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2008, 04:59:39 AM »
i swear it takes mega a fucking minute to get a full charge :rofl
IYKYK

Darunia

« Reply #405 on: July 12, 2008, 06:11:24 AM »
mm7 is rad, fuck all y'all haters

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: July 12, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »
Well, color me unimpressed.  That trailer just showed rehashed Mega Man game play from the previous games.  Seemed ultra-uninspired and that music was "meh."  Mega Man is still dead.   :'(
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »
I was just playing some MM8 and despite the game still not being great (my memories served me right again!), the game looks phenomenal.  Even the smoke clouds to block platforms in Frost Man's stage look amazing.  This just makes me want MM9 to be a high res 2D game so much more.  I mean, this is the PS1 and it looks this great.  Imagine with what they could do on the PS3 and 360! I would even settle for a  Wii game if it looks really nice.  Oh well.

Don't get me wrong here, MM8 is pretty bad.  Frost Man's stage is that stupid snowboarding shit with "JUMP! SLIDE! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!" the entire time.  Tengu Man's had that shitty riding on Rush segment.  All the bosses are pretty lame in general.  I mean, Clown Man? really?

homborg

« Reply #408 on: July 12, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »
Well, color me unimpressed.  That trailer just showed rehashed Mega Man game play from the previous games.  Seemed ultra-uninspired and that music was "meh."  Mega Man is still dead.   :'(
you saw the screens. you read about it. you read all the bitching and all the loving. you know capcom is laser-targeting a very specific group of people. so what, pray tell, did you actually, truly expect once you clicked that play button?

cool breeze

« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »
After playing a lot of MMX4 just now I made some stunning observations (all my opinion of course).  MMX series should have kept sliding/dashing as Down+Jump.  I know that for air dashes you can't do that, but they could have still kept the option or just have double tap only.  MM2 is the best Mega Man game when you play as Mega Man.  I enjoy MMX4 more, but only when playing as Zero.  Not to say that MMX4 is bad when playing as X, it is just that playing Zero in that game is utterly amazing.  MMX4 has some of the best voice acting in any game or cartoon.

Himu

« Reply #410 on: July 12, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »
Set Dash to L1. It's smoother than down + Jump.
IYKYK

Darunia

« Reply #411 on: July 12, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »

this is good advice. I have to use dash like no tomorrow in X4 with Zero and setting it to that button helped a lot.

cool breeze

« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2008, 07:15:30 PM »

That is how I had it on my memory card, so me in the past did the same thing.  I haven't played X4 in a long time and forgot how amazing it is.  I have to play Legends now.

Darunia

« Reply #413 on: July 12, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »
I had a really hard time with X4 in the beginning (playing as Zero). The stages are easy, but the bosses were so hard with a non upgraded life bar and not knowing the weaknesses. Like that mushroom? I wouldn't even dream of tackling that guy without the triangle attack. With his clone he's all over the place.

Now that I have 6 mavericks beat it's like night and day. The double jump, flame attack, upgraded saber... It's a lot of fun going through the levels now.

cool breeze

« Reply #414 on: July 12, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »
I like how difficult the bosses are.  Cyborg Peacock did dominate me with those stupid homing missiles and all the intense dodging was awesome.  I wish I just had the air dash before I fought him.  Dragoon was super easy if only because you can take the mech into the battle with you and beat the shit out of him to at least 50% health.  From there you just need to dodge his movies (that were all taken from Ryu!) and slash the him a bit more.  The Walrus was also super easy when you have the shoryuken.

Darunia

« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2008, 07:57:28 PM »
yep, just had all those bosses. beating them with their weaknesses felt good. I started the manta stage next but I don't like how it's a non stop bike race. I do not welcome shit like that in my mega man game

cool breeze

« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2008, 08:02:18 PM »
I didn't mind it too much because your bike had a saber on the front, which is awesome!  It is also less shitty than the stuff from MM8 I just played recently.  That boss fight was actually more annoying than anything since 90% of that fight was jumping and slashing at him.

Himu

« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2008, 10:56:41 PM »
X4 is heaven. Playing as Zero is tough. Try your best to not use his super moves. God, Dragoon's stage is so fucking AMAZING
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2008, 10:59:06 PM »
I think mega man zero 2 is a better game than mmx4 but....mmx4 is my definitive mega man title. two playable characters. amazingly creative stages and bosses...ugh. HEAVEN.

It is my favorite MM title.

I can't wait to replay it once I start replaying the X titles.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2008, 11:00:47 PM »
I like how difficult the bosses are.  Cyborg Peacock did dominate me with those stupid homing missiles and all the intense dodging was awesome.  I wish I just had the air dash before I fought him.  Dragoon was super easy if only because you can take the mech into the battle with you and beat the shit out of him to at least 50% health.  From there you just need to dodge his movies (that were all taken from Ryu!) and slash the him a bit more.  The Walrus was also super easy when you have the shoryuken.

pussy.

fight dragoon without the mech. then we'll talk.
IYKYK