Author Topic: The Bore Anime & Manga Thread  (Read 318282 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Bore Anime Thread
« Reply #1680 on: January 01, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »
:wtf

Fuck this, off to the movie theater!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:39:19 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1681 on: January 01, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »
lolwut^

ive been watching umineko, which is super fucking weird

the main character battler keeps trying to disprove magic despite using magic to do so which I thought was bizarre, has to be a translation error because it makes more sense if hes trying to disprove murder as being done without magic

every ep just seems like an excuse for beatrice the witch to laugh all evil like whenever she has the chance

I do enjoy scenes where maria is beaten mercilessly because she is a creepy loli and deserves it, how she has survived this long is the real mystery
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:10:41 PM by Viz »
萌え~

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1682 on: January 01, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
lolwut^

Nothing's out of context.  It's exactly what you think it is.  :lol :wtf
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1683 on: January 01, 2010, 06:56:42 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl

And that wasn't even the worst thing I saw the first episode.  :lol
dog

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1684 on: January 01, 2010, 08:15:16 PM »
DMC = Detroit Metal City.  FUCKING AWESOME.  Not Devil May Cry.   :)

I dunno if I'm going to be able to get through this Ladies Vs. Butlers show.  Panty shot within the first 12 seconds?  A show about "servant education?"  "Flamehart-san?"  (the bad sub job makes it even better)  How does the main character not fall down with that gigantic hair?  Looks like two huge French bread loaves trailing behind her.  At least the other main character is ripping on her haircut.

Oh yea i forgot about that.

owned  :'(

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1685 on: January 01, 2010, 08:51:26 PM »
[youtube=560,345]gIO4Uw36-JE[/youtube]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
wait wait wait i tought akagi was the only anime with epic mahjong action in it,what is this?
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1686 on: January 01, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
[youtube=560,345]gIO4Uw36-JE[/youtube]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
wait wait wait i tought akagi was the only anime with epic mahjong action in it,what is this?

It's a new OVA that starts in February. This is the preview for the first episode.
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1687 on: January 01, 2010, 09:47:02 PM »
lolwut^

ive been watching umineko, which is super fucking weird

the main character battler keeps trying to disprove magic despite using magic to do so which I thought was bizarre, has to be a translation error because it makes more sense if hes trying to disprove murder as being done without magic

every ep just seems like an excuse for beatrice the witch to laugh all evil like whenever she has the chance

I do enjoy scenes where maria is beaten mercilessly because she is a creepy loli and deserves it, how she has survived this long is the real mystery
Battler never used magic.

MAGIC AND WITCHES DO NOT EXIST

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1688 on: January 01, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
used magic himself maybe, but freezing time or whatever to talk with a witch seems pretty magic-y
萌え~

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1689 on: January 01, 2010, 10:00:23 PM »
I thought it was cool, it's like i am really playing a visual novel!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1690 on: January 01, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »

I have resumed viewing, and sadly, right you are indeed.  This seems to be the "incredible growing breast animu," since anytime our hero gets in the vicinity of a female chest, they grow three times in size.  He fondled the loli who looks like she's 9, but it's okay because she's really 19!  :(  What is with the girls all fainting when he runs by them, too?  Why does the chick he spills coffee on take off her clothes?  Why does she then sit there watching as his nose get stuck in some other chick's crotch?  (at which point, my wife gave me the biggest :wtf look I have ever seen  :lol)  Where is the plot?  Why the hell am I still watching this?

EDIT: Did...did I just see two Muslim females?  Shit's gonna hit the fan if there's some burqa upskirt.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 10:51:53 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1691 on: January 01, 2010, 10:57:57 PM »
I seriously have no idea what the hell I just watched.
ど助平

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1692 on: January 01, 2010, 11:01:10 PM »
you liked it didn't you

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1693 on: January 01, 2010, 11:07:39 PM »
you liked it didn't you

No.  It wasn't quality ecchi animu like Queen's Blade.  I turn my nose up at it.   :tophat

I'm also beginning to understand Japanese censorship laws.  Breast grabbing is fine, but bath scenes are a no-no!  Can't have the kiddies seeing anything inappropriate.
ど助平

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1694 on: January 01, 2010, 11:36:22 PM »

I have resumed viewing, and sadly, right you are indeed.  This seems to be the "incredible growing breast animu," since anytime our hero gets in the vicinity of a female chest, they grow three times in size.  He fondled the loli who looks like she's 9, but it's okay because she's really 19!  :(  What is with the girls all fainting when he runs by them, too?  Why does the chick he spills coffee on take off her clothes?  Why does she then sit there watching as his nose get stuck in some other chick's crotch?  (at which point, my wife gave me the biggest :wtf look I have ever seen  :lol)  Where is the plot?  Why the hell am I still watching this?

EDIT: Did...did I just see two Muslim females?  Shit's gonna hit the fan if there's some burqa upskirt.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

i need to check this out

you liked it didn't you

No.  It wasn't quality ecchi animu like Queen's Blade.  I turn my nose up at it.   :tophat

I'm also beginning to understand Japanese censorship laws.  Breast grabbing is fine, but bath scenes are a no-no!  Can't have the kiddies seeing anything inappropriate.

Well that Breast Milk drinking anime may have a tough time on its hands then  :(

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1695 on: January 01, 2010, 11:44:14 PM »
Well that Breast Milk drinking anime may have a tough time on its hands then  :(

Well, Queen Blade did get away with topless chicks lactating acid out of their boobs and firing it as a weapon, so I'm sure they'll find a way.
©@©™

Purple Filth

« Reply #1696 on: January 01, 2010, 11:47:18 PM »

Well, Queen Blade did get away with topless chicks lactating acid out of their boobs and firing it as a weapon, so I'm sure they'll find a way.

Interesting to hear but thats not the only thing that anime has to deal with....seriously.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1697 on: January 02, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »
There's a preview for that breast milk anime out.  It tries to present itself as ULTRA-SERIOUS and EPIC.   :lol
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1698 on: January 02, 2010, 12:38:50 AM »

I tried to warn you!
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1699 on: January 02, 2010, 12:41:01 AM »
There's a preview for that breast milk anime out.  It tries to present itself as ULTRA-SERIOUS and EPIC.   :lol

:japancry
©@©™

Purple Filth

« Reply #1700 on: January 02, 2010, 12:52:24 AM »

I can somewhat see the ultra serious (main character's action, attitude, the fights, the enemies, etc) part but not the epic.

Milk drinking is almost secondary in this thing  :lol

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1701 on: January 02, 2010, 01:08:15 AM »
ep 18 of umineko was ice cold

battlerxbeatrice destroyed :(

tsundere ftl
萌え~

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1702 on: January 02, 2010, 01:15:32 AM »
beatrice is a massive troll HAHAHA

the last "Episode" is only good thanks to two things: insane Kinzo and the last episode (:bow Battler :bow2).

you will be stuck with that distinguished mentally-challenged red head and annoying Maria for almost the whole thing.

Purple Filth

« Reply #1703 on: January 02, 2010, 01:30:53 AM »
Just watched Ladies vs Butlers

hopefully the next episodes will shed some light  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1704 on: January 02, 2010, 04:00:09 AM »
You know, I did kinda like Nyankoi from the fall season.  Watched the first five or six episodes and found the episodes with the cats amusing.

Just watched Ladies vs Butlers

hopefully the next episodes will shed some light  :lol

It was so difficult to get through it.   :lol 

I tried to watch Kanokon, but I couldn't get through more than a few minutes of it.  The plot seems to be about some big-tittied chick who's really a fox deity trying to fuck a "high school" student who looks like he's seven.  They should have called it "Shotakon."  Whenever I think of the name "Kanokon," I keep picturing a cartoon about characters who love Kano from Mortal Kombat.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:04:18 AM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Jansen

« Reply #1705 on: January 02, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »
any anime released recently that doesnt suck?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1706 on: January 02, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
any anime released recently that doesnt suck?

Trapeze
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #1707 on: January 02, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »
Do/can we have a straight up manga thread around here? Because we only have one piece and this. I wanna discuss more mangas.
Boo

Jansen

« Reply #1708 on: January 02, 2010, 11:25:14 AM »
after reading a description i think i can safely say that i would not like it.

i prefer anime with action. the last comedy anime that i found enjoyable was midori days.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1709 on: January 02, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »

Well, then there's the second season of Darker than Black or Book of Bantorra.
dog

Purple Filth

« Reply #1710 on: January 02, 2010, 12:48:54 PM »
Do/can we have a straight up manga thread around here? Because we only have one piece and this. I wanna discuss more mangas.

Will agree but not much here give a shit about bleach or naruto (i can see why  :lol)

would have the thread anyways just for laughing at those 2 and other stuff

Purple Filth

« Reply #1711 on: January 02, 2010, 12:51:22 PM »

i prefer anime with action. the last comedy anime that i found enjoyable was midori days.

Try Darker than black 2 then

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1712 on: January 02, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
We need a manga thread so that we can talk about how awesome Pluto is.
dog

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1713 on: January 02, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

be cool like me

read Zetman

or punpun

also mirai nikki and onani master kurosawa
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:14:45 PM by Viz »
萌え~

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Bore Anime & Manga Thread
« Reply #1714 on: January 02, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »
This thread is already really slow.  Just talk about manga here.
ど助平

« Reply #1715 on: January 02, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »
Nothing to talk about at the moment. All the current animu sucks balls. New Votoms and Gundam will save us in the spring.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1716 on: January 02, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
I heard the new Gundam models are fueled by moe moe gyaruzu squirting breast milks into the cockpits.
ど助平

Purple Filth

« Reply #1717 on: January 02, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
Nice can now talk how complete shit naruto has turned.

Sharingan arm montherfuckers :rock

« Reply #1718 on: January 02, 2010, 03:41:10 PM »
I heard the new Gundam models are fueled by moe moe gyaruzu squirting breast milks into the cockpits.

:lol

:maf

That Qwazer show or whatever it's called is beyond idiotic.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #1719 on: January 02, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »
Naruto is poo  :yuck
Bleach is poo  :yuck
Hunter X Hunter is back and FUCK AWESOME  :borys

spoiler (click to show/hide)
will watch/read one piece eventually
[close]

Purple Filth

« Reply #1720 on: January 02, 2010, 03:58:53 PM »

:lol

:maf

That Qwazer show or whatever it's called is beyond idiotic.

I will give the breast milk thing, but the rest of it is cool enough and disturbing as hell.

« Reply #1721 on: January 02, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »
I will give the breast milk thing, but the rest of it is cool enough and disturbing as hell.

Too bad the creepy breast milk thing is like the basis for the whole show.
野球

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #1722 on: January 02, 2010, 04:39:01 PM »

:pimp Got volume 1 and 2 for xmas. Good stuff.

Darker than Black manga has awesome art and the last chapter was awesome because a girl kicked a guy and HE EXPLODED.
Boo

Purple Filth

« Reply #1723 on: January 02, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »

Too bad the creepy breast milk thing is like the basis for the whole show.

Yea the overall goal is due to it (a painting depicting the act holding some mysterious secret(s))  :lol

Other stuff is going on which are more important at the moment, but it can't be relegated due to its purpose.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:08:19 PM by Purple Filth »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1724 on: January 02, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »

Indeed. I wish Production IG and Kenji Kamiyama would do an adaptation, but it doesn't look like there's ever going to be one.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1725 on: January 02, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
I liked Pluto but I think it suffered from the same flaws as Monster & 20th Century Boys.  It's super intriguing and an absolute page turner that builds and builds up the suspense and then in the end the manga can't live up the momentum/mystery that's been built up and so the post-revelations story is meh and unsatisfying.

[close]

Agreed on Naruto (should have ended with Exam Arc, everything post time-skip has been lame outside Jiraiya vs. Pain)
Agreed on Bleach (should have ended with Soul Society arc, instead milked for years and it's gotten worse and worse)

But I don't get why people care about HxH anymore.  I used to love HxH during the first few arcs and even Greed Island was ...readable even if it was not great.  But the bug arc has been complete shit.  Even aside from the pencil drawings, the characters are boring, the story sucks, and it's mainly just a bunch of fights now that I can't bring myself to care about because of the two things I mentioned.  This arc should've ended years ago and the manga should have either gotten better or ended.

This is why I read One Piece, because everything else in Jump sucks.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:09:59 PM by Bebpo »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1726 on: January 02, 2010, 05:10:43 PM »
I liked Pluto but I think it suffered from the same flaws as Monster & 20th Century Boys.  It's super intriguing and an absolute page turner that builds and builds up the suspense and then in the end the manga can't live up the momentum/mystery that's been built up and so the post-revelations story is meh and unsatisfying.

I hate when that happens, but as long as the journey's worth it I'll definitely pick up a few more volumes.
dog

Purple Filth

« Reply #1727 on: January 02, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »

[close]

Agreed on Naruto (should have ended with Exam Arc, everything post time-skip has been lame outside Jiraiya vs. Pain)
Agreed on Bleach (should have ended with Soul Society arc, instead milked for years and it's gotten worse and worse)

But I don't get why people care about HxH anymore.  I used to love HxH during the first few arcs and even Greed Island was ...readable even if it was not great.  But the bug arc has been complete shit.  Even aside from the pencil drawings, the characters are boring, the story sucks, and it's mainly just a bunch of fights now that I can't bring myself to care about because of the two things I mentioned.  This arc should've ended years ago and the manga should have either gotten better or ended.

Naruto got awesome again during Pain's invasion and his fight with Naruto, but sadly went back to garbage with this whole Sasuke , Danzo, sharingan arm , Naruto being a pussy again horsehit

Bleach is just fucking garbage

Never read HxH and i have no reason to care

Bebpo

« Reply #1728 on: January 02, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »

I hate when that happens, but as long as the journey's worth it I'll definitely pick up a few more volumes.

Yeah I'll keep reading Urasawa's stuff because it's very enjoyable, but I just feel he can't close the deal on his stories. 
I usually wait until the entire series is done though and read it in one go because they are such page turners.  Waiting on Billy Bat to finish atm.

Beezy

« Reply #1729 on: January 02, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »
Woah woah woah. You gave fucking Bleach and Naruto a chance, give HxH a chance too. I only watched the anime, but it's better than Bleach and on par or better than Naruto.

cool breeze

« Reply #1730 on: January 02, 2010, 05:34:53 PM »

The chimera arc is awful in HxH but at least it is getting finished.  Apparently the reason it was on hiatus for a year was because the writer had another baby with the Sailor Moon writer.

Also, right now the Hajime no Ippo manga sucks big time.

I also read Hitman Reborn, which isn't a good series and is confusing as hell right now.  yeah, I need to start one piece.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:37:03 PM by swaggaz »

Purple Filth

« Reply #1731 on: January 02, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »

The chimera arc is awful in HxH but at least it is getting finished.  Apparently the reason it was on hiatus for a year was because the writer had another baby with the Sailor Moon writer.

Also, right now the Hajime no Ippo manga sucks big time.

I also read Hitman Reborn, which isn't a good series and is confusing as hell right now.  yeah, I need to start one piece.

Ever since the actual truth was given about Irie and the main Antagonist it has gotten really messed up

Woah woah woah. You gave fucking Bleach and Naruto a chance, give HxH a chance too. I only watched the anime, but it's better than Bleach and on par or better than Naruto.

maybe i will one day
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:04:28 PM by Purple Filth »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1732 on: January 02, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »

Darker than Black manga has awesome art and the last chapter was awesome because a girl kicked a guy and HE EXPLODED.
man, you are such a BRO junpei.

i was pretty surprised when i saw chapter 10,11 and 12 scanlated today.

feels good man.

Purple Filth

« Reply #1733 on: January 02, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »

man, you are such a BRO junpei.

i was pretty surprised when i saw chapter 10,11 and 12 scanlated today.

feels good man.

just checked them out

very nice and holy shit at that final attack

that fucker deserved it :lol :lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:48:36 PM by Purple Filth »

Bebpo

« Reply #1734 on: January 02, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
I read Nijigahara Hologram today which was ok.  I didn't particularly care for it but it was competently written.

Then since I was in the manga mood I spent the last 3 hours finishing up the last 25 chapters of Bokurano and that was sure a waste of time.  No plot twist, no explanation, no positive ending.  Just shit that gets worse and worse and worse and then it ends like you would expect from the beginning.  It read pretty well and was totally depressing the entire time, but since there was no surprises in the end it was just kind of boring.  Especially compared to Narutaru's crazy fucked up ending.

Purple Filth

« Reply #1735 on: January 02, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »
I read Nijigahara Hologram today which was ok.  I didn't particularly care for it but it was competently written.

Then since I was in the manga mood I spent the last 3 hours finishing up the last 25 chapters of Bokurano and that was sure a waste of time.  No plot twist, no explanation, no positive ending.  Just shit that gets worse and worse and worse and then it ends like you would expect from the beginning.  It read pretty well and was totally depressing the entire time, but since there was no surprises in the end it was just kind of boring.  Especially compared to Narutaru's crazy fucked up ending.

Decide to check on this and......

What the flying fuck was that? :o

Bebpo

« Reply #1736 on: January 02, 2010, 11:38:50 PM »
Yeah, Narutaru is probably the most fucked up manga I've ever read.  Like I would be afraid to have copies of the original Japanese version on my shelves in fear of being arrested some day and it used against me.  Narutaru starts out all "hi we're pokemon" and ends up all End of Eva style except incredibly evil, with lots of loli sex and hardcore gore and everyone and everything dying all the time in any way.  I mean hell Dark Horse couldn't even release it uncensored in the US.  The tone kind of reminded me of Saikano, but Saikano had some tact; Narutaru has none.

But after thinking about Bokurano for a few hours, I think it's a much better work from the writer.  The characters are good and I think the author has things to say because especially the later half of Bokurano doesn't really have much shock value stuff, so it's being written for an actual purpose.  The story is really, really simple and because of what the story is, there's very little room for a satisfying conclusion, but I think I enjoyed it overall.  It's kind of nice that it exists in the world of stories as a different take.  Probably the most bleak thing I've ever read.

Purple Filth

« Reply #1737 on: January 03, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »
Yeah, Narutaru is probably the most fucked up manga I've ever read.  Like I would be afraid to have copies of the original Japanese version on my shelves in fear of being arrested some day and it used against me.  Narutaru starts out all "hi we're pokemon" and ends up all End of Eva style except incredibly evil, with lots of loli sex and hardcore gore and everyone and everything dying all the time in any way.  I mean hell Dark Horse couldn't even release it uncensored in the US.  The tone kind of reminded me of Saikano, but Saikano had some tact; Narutaru has none.

I actually about know this since i was reading it but i didn't know that someone actually finished translating it (since dark horse showed no intention of getting the rest and no one at the time was translating) so i just shelved it and eventually forgot about it.

@ bold: thats what got me really interested (and disappointed since i wanted to see it untouched)  at the time. I mean its dark horse, the people who fucking releases Hellsing volumes and they couldn't do this.

i was like holy crap
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:28:58 AM by Purple Filth »

cool breeze

« Reply #1738 on: January 03, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »
I'm watching the last episode of Prince of Tennis (I haven't seen the rest of the OVA specials, so it was a jump from the anime to the final OVA episode) and this shit is crazy.  The main character powered up and cut a Tennis ball in half, then the other guy returned both parts of the tennis ball by going super speed on him.

why do so many anime end with
the main character in a rough part of America?
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1739 on: January 03, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »

I actually about know this since i was reading it but i didn't know that someone actually finished translating it (since dark horse showed no intention of getting the rest and no one at the time was translating) so i just shelved it and eventually forgot about it.

@ bold: thats what got me really interested (and disappointed since i wanted to see it untouched)  at the time. I mean its dark horse, the people who fucking releases Hellsing volumes and they couldn't do this.

i was like holy crap

I checked out some of the author's (Kitoh) other works and I read through Hallucinations in the Womb last night.  It's kind of softcore pornish at times, but it's not a bad collection of sci-fi short stories and only one volume.