Author Topic: The Bore Anime & Manga Thread  (Read 318332 times)

Himu

Re: The Bore Anime Thread
« Reply #1620 on: December 18, 2009, 06:36:15 PM »
How close is the one piece anime to the manga?

Relatively close.

Uh

17-18?
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1621 on: December 18, 2009, 07:00:45 PM »
I always thought he was like 14.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1622 on: December 18, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »
Apparently volume 4 mentioned that he was 17. Although he ought to be at least in his 20's by now.
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1623 on: December 18, 2009, 08:40:01 PM »
i've had a friend who was a pretty big evangelion fan
i watched some episode,i got a good idea of the story but i never bothered with the ending,the movie and all the extra stuff (i just discovered there even was a manga) should i bother or should i spare myself from the suffering?
<----

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1624 on: December 18, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
i've had a friend who was a pretty big evangelion fan
i watched some episode,i got a good idea of the story but i never bothered with the ending,the movie and all the extra stuff (i just discovered there even was a manga) should i bother or should i spare myself from the suffering?

ive watched evangelion recently, like a couple months ago, its still pretty good today i think
watch the series, then skip to end of eva, their is another movie but its like a recap + the first part of end of eva put together so its a waste of time
end of eva has some great scenes and is a much better ending imo than that tv crap, its still plenty mindfucked tho

if you like waiting, like a couple more years, they are actually redoing the entire series "rebuild of evangelion" which is I guess the guy who created the series doing it all again with a much nicer budget and more time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 08:51:36 PM by Viz »
萌え~

« Reply #1625 on: December 18, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »
There's actually some debate about Rebuild of Evangelion, whether it's a remake or a
spoiler (click to show/hide)
sequel to End of Evangelion.
[close]
野球

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1626 on: December 19, 2009, 07:58:37 PM »
Apparently volume 4 mentioned that he was 17. Although he ought to be at least in his 20's by now.

there was a rumor where Oda has recently indicated that Luffy is still 17 and this current battle will be the last of that age.

supposedly

treythemovie

« Reply #1627 on: December 19, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »
How close is the one piece anime to the manga?
Its about 40 chapters currently. Which translates into, well, 40 episodes since they've been going at a 1-1 pace for the last few years.

there was a rumor where Oda has recently indicated that Luffy is still 17 and this current battle will be the last of that age.

supposedly
Yeah, apparently in that "Volume 0" book they handed out at the new movie, Oda had written something like "This will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old, so please enjoy it!". Currently, no one knows what the hell he meant by that or why its the movie that will be hist last adventure.

Personally I tend to just ignore those ramblings by the author because they're always misleading. For example, once he mentioned that a crew member would die that year and then 3 years later the ship "died". So yeah...

As for Hancock, there's only about a 10 year age difference between her and Luffy. Its just that Luffy acts like a 5 year old while she acts like a mentally disturbed milf.

cool breeze

« Reply #1628 on: December 24, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »
I just finished the Monster anime I've been watching occasionally for the past few weeks.  Really great series.  One of the best anime I've seen, and I've seen way too many in my time. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1629 on: December 24, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »
There's actually some debate about Rebuild of Evangelion, whether it's a remake or a
sequel to End of Evangelion.
[close]

I don't even know what that means.  :o
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1630 on: December 24, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
time of eve dvd rips are done btw (otaku legends subs).

i am currently waiting for dtb2 last episode subbed so i can marathon it.

cool breeze

« Reply #1631 on: December 24, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
Hei is totally pedo

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1632 on: December 24, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »
you mean chinese electric pedo batman.

cool breeze

« Reply #1633 on: December 24, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »
that's season 1, season 2 is drunk dirty child beating dreamcrushing chinese pedo nightwing wearing a purple jacket

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1634 on: December 24, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »
sounds amazing.

i just can't wait to shove a knife up my ass and marathon it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1635 on: December 24, 2009, 11:29:57 PM »
time of eve dvd rips are done btw (otaku legends subs).

Niiiice.
dog

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1636 on: December 24, 2009, 11:36:37 PM »
dtb2 is done now?

hell yes, time to download

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #1637 on: December 24, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »
Boo

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1638 on: December 25, 2009, 03:11:06 AM »

yay

edit: part 3 is missing, Christmas ruined :(
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:04:09 AM by Viz »
萌え~

Purple Filth

« Reply #1639 on: December 25, 2009, 05:07:13 AM »

yay

edit: part 3 is missing, Christmas ruined :(

nice

i really need to catch up on this

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1640 on: December 25, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »
[PEM]​_Darker​_than​_Black​_Ryuusei​_no​_Gemini​_-​_12​_[820C073C].mkv
Comment: my present to all of you!

could be a fake but i will take that over nothing.

will start marathoning in an hour or so.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1641 on: December 26, 2009, 07:16:37 AM »
bss released episode 12.

man, watched 8 episodes and it is amazing, total batman level of amazing.

Hei still got it.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1642 on: December 26, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
my darker than black 2 brief impressions and the ending:

whole yin thing wasn't to my liking, she should have stayed as a doll and aided chinese electric batman like usual instead of some fucked up nia like character, it doesn't help that they don't explain shit about her leaving you to wait for some dvd ova special bullshit.

overall, pleased with the sequel thanks to the good fight scenes and the gorgeous bones art/animation, the new characters were also good (like Hazuki and August 7) along with returning characters (July is a pimp and you know it).

as for the ending, like season 1 it is some hell gate bullshit blahblahblah (i would have actually loved it if they didn't "kill" suo's character, what a waste) and leaves a room for a sequel, i will welcome it as long as Hei is in, he just makes every fight more interesting but i dunno, they ended this one fast with only 12 episodes and whole animu business doesn't look all that good recently so this might actually be the last dtb.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:11:53 AM by MCD »

Purple Filth

« Reply #1643 on: December 26, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »
my darker than black 2 brief impressions and the ending:

whole yin thing wasn't to my liking, she should have stayed as a doll and aided chinese electric batman like usual instead of some fucked up nia like character, it doesn't help that they don't explain shit about her leaving you to wait for some dvd ova special bullshit.

overall, pleased with the sequel thanks to the good fight scenes and the gorgeous bones art/animation, the new characters were also good (like Hazuki and August 7) along with returning characters (July is a pimp and you know it).

as for the ending, like season 1 it is some hell gate bullshit blahblahblah (i would have actually loved it if they didn't "kill" suo's character, what a waste) and leaves a room for a sequel, i will welcome it as long as Hei is in, he just makes every fight more interesting but i dunno, they ended this one fast with only 12 episodes and whole animu business doesn't look all that good recently so this might actually be the last dtb.
[close]

the most they have said was that she and Hei eventually got separated and she got caught and turned into that.
[close]

Watching it so far and its really kool

:lol @ at the Pics BSS uses when they release a episode showing Hei as a true pedo  :lol
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:48:40 AM by Purple Filth »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1644 on: December 26, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
still bullshit man, i love her role in the 1st season and the mango, just being a lovely moe and guiding hei to his targets, much better than this.
[close]

we need more hei in vidyagames and animu, beating up loli and not giving a shit.

Purple Filth

« Reply #1645 on: December 26, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »
still bullshit man, i love her role in the 1st season and the mango, just being a lovely moe and guiding hei to his targets, much better than this.
[close]

we need more hei in vidyagames and animu, beating up loli and not giving a shit.

After checking 12 it could be possible that scenario will be back (assuming she still alive and as lost this power).

oh well
[close]

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1646 on: December 26, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »
scenario?

Purple Filth

« Reply #1647 on: December 26, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »
scenario?

her season 1 role you were talking about
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:28:08 AM by Purple Filth »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1648 on: December 26, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »
oh that, my bad.

my head gonna explode from the goddamn fever, i mean bones just trolled me with that ending and i felt nothing, that's one strong fever for you.

and this /a/ picture pretty much sums up darker than black or perhaps what we needed more of in season 2.

cool breeze

« Reply #1649 on: December 26, 2009, 11:56:45 AM »
when is the ova out?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1650 on: December 26, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7338/Darker_than_BLACK_-_Ryuusei_no_Gemini_OVA

According to dojin mangaka Guyohmaru's blog, Aniplex announced at a preview for the anime business people that four extra episodes of Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini will be released as DVD/Blu-ray only episodes. The four episodes are the side stories bridging the gap between the first and the second series and will be included in the even number volumes of the DVD/Blu-ray Discs.

Aired: Jan 27, 2010 to ?

tl;dr it will be a while.

Purple Filth

« Reply #1651 on: December 26, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7338/Darker_than_BLACK_-_Ryuusei_no_Gemini_OVA

According to dojin mangaka Guyohmaru's blog, Aniplex announced at a preview for the anime business people that four extra episodes of Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini will be released as DVD/Blu-ray only episodes. The four episodes are the side stories bridging the gap between the first and the second series and will be included in the even number volumes of the DVD/Blu-ray Discs.

Aired: Jan 27, 2010 to ?

tl;dr it will be a while.

yikes.

its funny how in this season he really becomes Batman (no powers, going against peeps with powers and kicking ass)
[close]

cool breeze

« Reply #1652 on: December 26, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
Batman prefers young boys to girls, though

Purple Filth

« Reply #1653 on: December 26, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »
Batman prefers young boys to girls, though

He did have 2 girls although 1 supposedly died and then years later revealed she was alive all along and the other became crippled.

:P

cool breeze

« Reply #1654 on: December 26, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »
Hei had July around too.  That wasn't Hei's thing, just like little girls aren't Batman's.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1655 on: December 26, 2009, 12:37:57 PM »
actually whole Hei kicking ass with no powers was also briefly seen in season 1 (flashback scene where he was pretending to be a contractor just to be with his sister, Pai).

though as seen in the very first two episodes in season 2, he kicks more ass with his powers (his fight against August 7 the magician is so amazing) but then again all his fights with Hazuki were also amazing.
[close]

anyway like season 1, i don't wanna to think too much about whole story/ending and just want to be surprised at a sequel announcement a year or two later.

« Reply #1656 on: December 29, 2009, 02:34:51 AM »

:rock
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1657 on: December 29, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »
done with Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

i don't know what i watched but it was worth it for Battler's crazy line of thoughts.

goddamn he is so gar.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1658 on: December 30, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Deliver unto us a US release, hastily forsooth! :bow

Also of Gundam 00.
©@©™

« Reply #1659 on: December 30, 2009, 12:35:43 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Deliver unto us a US release, hastily forsooth! :bow

Outlook doesn't appear to be very good on an actual US release, regardless of what Bandai's press release said. At least the Blu-ray has English subs and a dub and it's the same region as North America.
野球

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1660 on: December 30, 2009, 01:02:39 AM »
Good news on the subs, but it's gonna be like $80, isn't it? :(
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1662 on: December 30, 2009, 03:38:04 AM »

Outlook doesn't appear to be very good on an actual US release, regardless of what Bandai's press release said. At least the Blu-ray has English subs and a dub and it's the same region as North America.

They went through the trouble of subbing/dubbing it, but won't release it in the States?   ???
ど助平

« Reply #1663 on: December 30, 2009, 05:47:29 AM »
Bandai Visual (Japan) is in charge of this release according to everything we know. They could just release it as is to North America and sell it for R2 prices like they did with their now-defunct Honneamise line. As of now, there is no NA release.
野球

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #1664 on: December 30, 2009, 05:54:34 AM »
Is the DVD also going to have English subs 'n dub?
PS4

« Reply #1665 on: December 30, 2009, 10:26:10 AM »
Is the DVD also going to have English subs 'n dub?

DVD is sub only.
野球

Purple Filth

« Reply #1666 on: December 30, 2009, 01:13:29 PM »
Oh a main character that doesn't look like a whiny little bitch.

now i'm interested

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1667 on: December 30, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
Oh a main character that doesn't look like a whiny little bitch.

now i'm interested

CLAMP am cry.  :uguu
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1668 on: December 30, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
Bandai Visual (Japan) is in charge of this release according to everything we know. They could just release it as is to North America and sell it for R2 prices like they did with their now-defunct Honneamise line. As of now, there is no NA release.

But once again I have to ask, why bother subbing and dubbing if it's not getting released outside Japan?  That doesn't make sense.
ど助平

« Reply #1669 on: December 30, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »

But once again I have to ask, why bother subbing and dubbing if it's not getting released outside Japan?  That doesn't make sense.

Make money off of nerds like me who are willing to import? They originally said that Gundam U.C. would get a simultaneous worldwide release, but Bandai's March 2010 release has come and gone without any mention of it, nor has it been announced for anywhere else outside Japan.

Maybe they're going back on the simultaneous release idea and it will get released at a later date. But I really don't care, I'm not waiting a year for them to figure out what the fuck is going on in North America. Bandai has given up on Gundam in North America the last couple years, fuck 'em.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #1670 on: December 31, 2009, 02:19:31 AM »
[youtube=560,345]e3IpEZyPqeA[/youtube]

:rock :roUNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1671 on: December 31, 2009, 02:53:19 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1672 on: December 31, 2009, 11:39:52 AM »
[youtube=560,345]gIO4Uw36-JE[/youtube]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
dog

Purple Filth

« Reply #1673 on: January 01, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »
If you people remember that anime coming soon about a dude who fights shit and gets power from breast milk, i decided to read the manga and holy shit is it ecchi beyond belief (constant nudity, milk drinking, bondage, S and M, lolis, etc). Aside from that its actually a somewhat decent story which takes existing stuff from shonen stories.

I'm now curious on how the anime is gonna handle alot of this crap.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 08:53:30 AM by Purple Filth »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1674 on: January 01, 2010, 02:53:46 PM »
Fall Season 2009 Recap:

-A Certain Scientific Railgun: Could have been much better than it is, but the direction is really bland and lifeless. Any attempts by the writers to inject tension into the show is wasted by an over-reliance on have characters explain every single thing or quickly resolving any issues as quickly as possible. It gets interesting leading up to the halfway point, but that arc is quickly finished up and then it goes on to a standard issue beach episode. 7 out of 10.

-Trapeze: One of this season's bright shining stars. It's weird, it's crazy, and it's absolutely hilarious. But it also offers a glimpse into the lives of people coping with psychological issues and how they overcome them. At times poignant and at others so very funny. It's well worth watching. 8 out of 10.

-Armed Librarians: Another show that could have been much better than it is. Has some very strong individual episodes that are absolutely wasted by a story that jumps from one character and situation to the next with reckless abandon. The overarching story is fairly interesting and sets up a unique world, but too often new characters are introduced, developed, and then killed off after an episode or two. This process has been repeated three or four times throughout the first half. Some of the backgrounds are amazingly detailed, but the CG work [which is thankfully limited] is atrocious. 7 out of 10.

-Letter Bee: This season's fantasy standout. The world in the series is amazingly to look at and delve into, though the story is a bit lacking. Most of the episodes are just standalones that center on developing aspects of the main characters are showing off some part of the world. Nevertheless, it's fun to watch and doesn't take itself too seriously. The main character does have a somewhat annoying trait of crying at some point in every single episode. 7.5 out of 10.

-Tentai Senshi Sunred: A parody of sentai shows that absolutely excels at what it sets out to do. The characters and situations are all just so amazingly funny. Might not be for everyone, but those that appreciate this sort of humor will find nothing to complain about. 8 out of 10.

-Blue Literature: A series of stories from Japanese literature. The first story was really good and the second story started really well, but I just lost interest in it after five episodes. Of all the shows that I've dropped this season, this is the one that I'd be most likely to come back and finish. 8 out of 10.

-Kimi ni Todoke: I really like this show even though there's no reason at all why I should. It's female mind candy and has way too many episodes that end with pointless cliffhangers, but...man, it's just so good. But I still dropped it after 9 episodes because I knew in my heart that it was the right thing to do. 7.5 out of 10.

Everything else from the Fall season can go die in a fire.

Winter Season 2010 Preview:

-Legend of Koizumi: A show about former Japanese Prime Minsters playing mahjong against other world leaders with the peace of the world at stake. It's like a combination between Gurren Lagann and...I don't know...Top Gun or something. Maybe Hot Shots. Anyway, the preview of the first episode [7 minutes out of 30] was absolutely amazing. And absolutely hilarious. This is going to be one to watch.

-Hellsing OVA: Episode 7 came out less than a week ago. It was really good stuff and a cure for the all the moe/animu junk that too many shows have these days. There's also a preview for episode 8 floating around as well.

-Ladies vs. Butlers: Pure, unadulterated garbage. Pulls out every possible cliche and genre trope and crams them into the most vapid excuse for animation I've ever seen. There's tons of fanservice [both censored and not], which clearly demonstrates that the sole purpose of this show is to induce mouth-breathing losers into forking over $30-$40 for two episodes on DVD. Or $40-$50 for two episodes on Bluray. Don't watch this. Don't even watch it ironically. All I did was skip through it and just that little bit of exposure was enough to make me want to puke all over the people who made this.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1675 on: January 01, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »
Wait, wait, wait!  That Koizumi short is actually part of a series?   :lol  Must watch.

And I will check out Ladies Vs. Butlers based on your glowing recommendation.   ;)
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1676 on: January 01, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
Wait, wait, wait!  That Koizumi short is actually part of a series?   :lol  Must watch.

It's an OVA and the first full episode comes out February 26th. I'm not sure how many episodes it's going to be though.

And I will check out Ladies Vs. Butlers based on your glowing recommendation.   ;)

If you read that and got excited then I really doubt you'll be disappointed!
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1677 on: January 01, 2010, 05:51:53 PM »
It's done by the same people who did Kanokon.  I can only imagine how bad it must be.   :lol

Well, at least there's the Koizumi anime to look forward to.  First time since DMC in 2008 that I've wanted to watch something!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:54:16 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Purple Filth

« Reply #1678 on: January 01, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
It's done by the same people who did Kanokon.  I can only imagine how bad it must be.   :lol

Well, at least there's the Koizumi anime to look forward to.  First time since DMC in 2008 that I've wanted to watch something!

:lol

How did this turn out for you?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1679 on: January 01, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
DMC = Detroit Metal City.  FUCKING AWESOME.  Not Devil May Cry.   :)

I dunno if I'm going to be able to get through this Ladies Vs. Butlers show.  Panty shot within the first 12 seconds?  A show about "servant education?"  "Flamehart-san?"  (the bad sub job makes it even better)  How does the main character not fall down with that gigantic hair?  Looks like two huge French bread loaves trailing behind her.  At least the other main character is ripping on her haircut.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:26:27 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平