Author Topic: You know what, this is bullshit  (Read 5938 times)

Billy Rygar

You know what, this is bullshit
« on: August 21, 2008, 11:58:31 PM »
I went to play my Wii for the first time in two months, and the batteries in the controller were dead.  Which is bullshit because the last time i played it for 30 minutes the batteries were dead too, and the fucking time before.  If i had the time i'd sell the fucking thing.

cool breeze

Re: You know what, this is bullshit
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:00:50 AM »
Invest in Eneloop batteries.

Always some charge in those controllers no matter how long it has been out dusting.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:01:08 AM »
I don't think that happens with mine from disuse ???

Also, r u home?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »
i'm seriously considering selling my wii, too. tell me what i'm supposed to be anticipating beyond wario shake, which i can live without!
duc

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 12:04:01 AM »
Is Samba actually good or is it just fanboiz?

Does anyone here have one of those Nyko charger docks, with the grips on the battery packs?

cool breeze

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 12:13:15 AM »
Short term to get on the Wii:
Wario Land
Samba De Amigo

Long term:
MadWorld
Kororinpa 2

Hopefully more about the new Zelda and Mario games is announced and I can start getting excited about them.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:17:09 AM »
Little King Story!

And I've never had this happen to me either.
dog

jiji

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 12:20:42 AM »
I sure wish Matsuno's Wii project would get announced soon. And a US release for Shiren 3 would be nice. I kinda want to try Tenchu 4.  I want to hope that From Software's unnamed Wii action RPG is a King's Field, but it's probably something nauseatingly cute.

Does anyone here have one of those Nyko charger docks, with the grips on the battery packs?

My friend has one. He seems to really like it.  I dunno why they didn't just give the wiimotes custom rechargeable batteries to begin with.
OTL

Greatness Gone

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 12:20:58 AM »
I reallllly want to sell my Wii, but I want Samba, and there's been talk of a new Space Channel 5 for the wii since forever.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 12:26:14 AM »
You know, I really love EB sometimes. Almost every post about the Wii is equal parts pining for some upcoming game and unabashed hatred for the system and/or a desire to sell it. :lol
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 12:27:59 AM »
^_^

MoxManiac

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 12:28:48 AM »
For five bucks you can download the original Megaman!  :hyper :dur
no

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 12:31:08 AM »
For five bucks you can download the original Megaman!  :hyper :dur

Or for free with the Twilight Hack
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 12:32:42 AM »
I'm interested in Tales of Symphonia, Wario Shake, and Force Unleashed (Gazunta worked on it, support my bears), Dead Rising (i just have to play it at least - not buying it of course)
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:54 AM »
I sold my Wii for almost the same price as I bought it.  The best way to describe selling your Wii is that the colors are brighter, the air is crisper, food tastes better.  Life was worth living.
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 12:51:43 AM »
I went to play my Wii for the first time in two months, and the batteries in the controller were dead.  Which is bullshit because the last time i played it for 30 minutes the batteries were dead too, and the fucking time before.  If i had the time i'd sell the fucking thing.

I come to your house and play your Wii at night.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 12:54:47 AM »
Well come to my house and play my Wii
fat

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:59:14 AM »
same shit happens to me all the time cohen.  the wii gets played maybe once or twice every month and the batteries are ALWAYS dead.  piece of shit.
pyh

Greatness Gone

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 01:07:06 AM »
same shit happens to me all the time cohen.  the wii gets played maybe once or twice every month and the batteries are ALWAYS dead.  piece of shit.

Once or twice a month? I've had 3-6 month breaks between playing with my Wii.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 01:15:10 AM »
Sounds like it's the batteries' problem.
wtc

Tundra

• Shower Expert
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »
I think i have a good solution now at hand. My Girlfriend wants to buy my Wii and some of the games i have. So the thing stays at our house, but i can use the money for buying a Playstation 3.

Everybody happy.
poo

Greatness Gone

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:17 AM »
I think i have a good solution now at hand. My Girlfriend wants to buy my Wii and some of the games i have. So the thing stays at our house, but i can use the money for buying a Playstation 3.

Everybody happy.

You sound like a horrible bastard. You want your bitch to buy your Wii from you?

Tundra

• Shower Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 06:16:20 AM »

Everybody happy.

You sound like a horrible bastard. You want your bitch to buy your Wii from you?

Was not my idea. Actually i want to sell the thing on Ebay, i'd get a lot more money out of it. But that would mean no Wii in our house anymore, which she objects to, since she and a friend of hers are the only persons playing it (a lot). So my Girlfriend told me she would like to buy it from me, and i will make her a very very good price, since, well, i can still use it too (for Mad World).

Sounds okay for me.

I don't mind getting called a bastard though...  :D

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:50:04 AM by Tundra »
poo

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 08:01:29 AM »
If any of you want to trade your wii for my psp bundle with cfw and some cash, hit me up :D
USA

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 08:53:15 AM »
I haven't turned on my Wii since Boom Blox came out.

Day before yesterday i turned it on, and the battery was dead, all i had to do was switch with the Phone batteries as it recharges them.

I Said "Fuck it". That's how appealing the Wii is. Only reason i won't sell it is because my sister might wanna play it from time to time.

Tundra

• Shower Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »
Only reason i won't sell it is because my sister might wanna play it from time to time.

You could try to sell it to her...

:D
poo

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:14 AM »
I still wanan play smash bros so bad.

I miss my Wii in a distinguished mentally-challenged sibling kind of way. I don't love him, but he's fun to watch while he attempts to be cool and fit in.
USA

DJ_Tet

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »
This is the main reason I don't like default wireless controllers, or didn't.

The only way they work (for me) is to buy a lot of rechargable AAs.  I've got a pretty decent stable now but need to add some.  I think everyone should move to this solution, I haven't bought regular AA's in nearly a decade, and I've been charging AAs since the days of the original GBA and whatever lamp that was that maf pimped back in the day.

With the 360 and Wii controllers both taking AAs, it works better for me like this than investing in proprietary solutions.  As long as controllers keep being built around the AA I'll be fine. 

But, this is a worry us old-timers aren't used to.  It sucks owning the console and not being able to play due to a lack of batteries.  This is also the main reason controllers NEED to use a generic solution like AAs.  With proprietary batteries, what is going to happen 10 years from now when you want to play?  You'll either have to use a supplied cord or buy a new battery from the company direct (if they still offer it.)
TIT

patrickula

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 10:14:19 AM »
I'm really tempted to see my Wii too.  I haven't used it since Smash Bros. and I don't see anything too exciting coming down the pipe aside from Mad World maybe.  I'm just afraid that if I sell it, Nintendo will suddenly announce a new Zelda that won't suck or something like that.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »
Buying rechargeable AA batteries is a must.  The proprietary solutions are garbage as you can get 4 AA rechargables and a charger for $15 at any retailer.  I could expect developers next gen to have their own proprietary batteries so you can't stick with AA, in another attempt to nickel and dime their customers even further.
🍆🍆

DJ_Tet

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »
Buying rechargeable AA batteries is a must.  The proprietary solutions are garbage as you can get 4 AA rechargables and a charger for $15 at any retailer.  I could expect developers next gen to have their own proprietary batteries so you can't stick with AA, in another attempt to nickel and dime their customers even further.

Yep, I'm pretty much expecting that as well, and that would be a poor decision.  The great thing about my NES/Genesis etc is I can still hook them up and play them.  Controllers with proprietary batteries would be disastrous for collectors. 
TIT

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »
i'm seriously considering selling my wii, too. tell me what i'm supposed to be anticipating beyond wario shake, which i can live without!

Yeah, it really is slim pickings.  For the rest of this year, all I can think of that interests me are Tenchu 4 in October and Mad World (is that even coming out this year?).

My Wii library is decent enough that I'm going to hold onto it though.  Plus it's always something to break out for everyone to play with, gamer or not.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:14:45 AM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Tundra

• Shower Expert
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »

Yeah, it really is slim pickings.  For the rest of this year, all I can think of that interests me are Tenchu 4 in October and Mad World (is that even coming out this year?).

My Wii library is decent enough that I'm going to hold onto it though.  Plus it's always something to break out for everyone to play with, gamer or not.

Those 'casuals' everybody here keeps talking about, i guess...  :maf
poo

cool breeze

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
I completely forgot about Tenchu 4 on the Wii.  Acquire doing Tenchu again guarantees that game is going to be great.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 11:31:04 AM »
okay, i am selling it at work, the cash would be nice
duc

archie4208

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »
okay, i am selling it at work, the cash would be nice
Gonna use the money to buy a PSP-3000?  :hyper

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »

Once or twice a month? I've had 3-6 month breaks between playing with my Wii.

well i usually have something in the gamefly queue pop in every month.  but i usually have stretches of 2+ months before turning the wii back on.  it has something to do with the controllers.
pyh

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 12:10:41 PM »
I just keep the Wii around for friends and family.  The only game Wii game I've played for more than an hour was Zelda.  I'll get to Mario Galaxy eventually but there are so many good playing and good looking games on other systems that I'm not in a hurry.  I can't fathom how anyone can have a Wii and nothing else.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 12:49:19 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy is pretty spectacular, though. I couldn't stand Zelda, but that's got nothing to do with Wii and everything to do with Zelda being an irrelevant old fart in the company of young champions. I can see the value of the Wii as a family sort-of-fun machine, but that doesn't interest me much. It was a nice rental though; had it for almost three months, and got everything I paid for it back when I sold it. Hell, I think I even made a slight profit.

Oblivion

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 01:02:30 PM »

The next Zelda?

I couldn't stand Zelda, but that's got nothing to do with Wii and everything to do with Zelda being an irrelevant old fart in the company of young champions.

ratchet

spoiler (click to show/hide)
home
[close]

duckman2000

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »

The next Zelda?

I wonder what the plot will be? Probably something involving kids being kidnapped. Venturing into dungeons for the sake of rescuing some snot-nosed brat is something that only childless dorks, preschool teachers or Polish dudes could find engaging.

ratchet

Great production values, lots of guns and a quest to save the universe from certain doom, that's all plenty relevant, although it too has over the years gained a distinct stench of old fart. At least the Stards have recognized this, as is evident by low sales. Wiiners just keep on trucking deeper and deeper into the pits of blatant mediocrity.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:24:07 PM by duckman2000 »

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »
The next Zelda, same as the last umpteen Zeldas.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2008, 01:27:23 PM »
Nintendo doesn't release a Zelda game every year.  That's a big difference.

duckman2000

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 01:28:23 PM »
Nintendo doesn't release a Zelda game every year.  That's a big difference.

Which, actually, makes it all that much sadder.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »
It takes them even longer to come up with nothing.

Oblivion

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
I wonder if the next installment of Ratchet will have any HIGHlarious sexual innuendo in its title that only childless dorks, preschool teachers or Polish dudes could find clever.

Great production values, lots of guns and a quest to save the universe from certain doom, that's all plenty relevant, although it too has over the years gained a distinct stench of old fart. At least the Stards have recognized this, as is evident by low sales. Wiiners just keep on trucking deeper and deeper into the pits of blatant mediocrity.

Considering that you said you'd think a PS3 is worth it for Insomniac games, I'd say no they haven't.  :'(

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:43 PM »
I wouldn't wait around for future Wii releases.  A new Zelda will probably be interesting but at the same time, is it really worth keeping the system for?  You can still make pretty good money selling your used Wii because you still have to wait in line to get a new one.  I was able to sell mine for $235.  You just can't expect getting that good of a return for a used console on the system once there are a million on the shelf.  Besides, the Wiii will probably be backwards compatible so you could always pick it up for $10 if you decide to get the successor.
🍆🍆

duckman2000

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »
To use a relevant example: Lionhead makes a good game, and resurfaces many years later with a game that shows remarkable improvements in just about every way. The Zelda guys make a game that was decent a decade ago, and resurface many years later with basically the same game.

Considering that you said you'd think a PS3 is worth it for Insomniac games, I'd say no they haven't.  :'(

When did I say that? I would have never bought a PS3 only to play Ratchet. I have said that I'd ditch the PS3 if Insomniac and Sucker Punch jumped ship, and I stand behind that. I did, however, expect Ratchet PS3 (and Resistance, really) to be a lot more than what it was. Your trolling is weak, my man.

You can still make pretty good money selling your used Wii because you still have to wait in line to get a new one.  I was able to sell mine for $235.  You just can't expect getting that good of a return for a used console on the system once there are a million on the shelf.  Besides, the Wiii will probably be backwards compatible so you could always pick it up for $10 if you decide to get the successor.

Precisely. As said before, I actually made a very slight profit off of mine, but it was a well timed sale.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:41:35 PM by duckman2000 »

Oblivion

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
duckman, I won't harp on this subject much longer. I really hate trying to argue about something like opinions. I mean, everyone's gonna have something else that floats their boat. But situations like this are certainly just a tad eye brow raising. I mean, if you were to talk about some other Sony game, like God of War or even Gran Turismo, then it'd be like whatever. But Ratchet of all games? Just sayin.

duckman2000

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2008, 02:23:59 PM »
duckman, I won't harp on this subject much longer. I really hate trying to argue about something like opinions. I mean, everyone's gonna have something else that floats their boat. But situations like this are certainly just a tad eye brow raising. I mean, if you were to talk about some other Sony game, like God of War or even Gran Turismo, then it'd be like whatever. But Ratchet of all games? Just sayin.

Just "sayin" what, though? I'm telling it like it is about Zelda, and you bring up Ratchet, a game that I'm fairly sure I've never claimed was an icon of remarkable franchise evolution (even though it did, between the first game and Deadlocked, evolve quite a bit). I'm really not seeing the relevance here.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »
Here's my list of 2007 Wii titles to keep an eye on:

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
de Blob
Sim City Creator
Wario Land: Shake It
Samba de Amigo
Deadly Creatures
Dokapon Kingdom
Monster Lab
MySims Kingdom
Mushroom Men
Tales of Symphonia 2
Fatal Frame IV
Little King Story
dog

cool breeze

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2008, 02:44:30 PM »
If Nintendo released a Zelda game that at worse was the quality of Phantom Hourglass (Worst Zelda in years, if not ever.  Not to say the game was bad.), I would be happy.  I have am a completely insane Zelda fan and happy to be one.  For me, that is what gets me to buy Nintendo platforms, and that is what truly stops me from ever getting rid of them.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2008, 03:27:37 PM »

The next Zelda?

I wonder what the plot will be? Probably something involving kids being kidnapped. Venturing into dungeons for the sake of rescuing some snot-nosed brat is something that only childless dorks, preschool teachers or Polish dudes could find engaging.

I guess it's a good thing I'm 1/2 Polish. Love the Zelda games, they usually feature some awesome puzzles and dungeon design.
^_^

Oblivion

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »

Just "sayin" what, though? I'm telling it like it is about Zelda, and you bring up Ratchet, a game that I'm fairly sure I've never claimed was an icon of remarkable franchise evolution (even though it did, between the first game and Deadlocked, evolve quite a bit). I'm really not seeing the relevance here.

I brought up Ratchet because what you were saying about Zelda could apply to Ratchet as well, but you seemed to have no problem praising it while lambasting Zelda.

duckman2000

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »
I brought up Ratchet because what you were saying about Zelda could apply to Ratchet as well, but you seemed to have no problem praising it while lambasting Zelda.

Ah, so it's the typical Nintyboy deflection bullshit then. Perhaps if what you originally said about my reasons for owning a PS3 weren't just your common nuggets of revisionist bullshit, or if I had a history of going on about the remarkable evolution and great strides forward for the Ratchet franchise (as opposed to reality, wherein I actually criticize Ratchet TOD for not being anywhere near enough of a step forward and up) or if what I said could actually so easily applied to the Ratchet franchise, it might have even made sense. It still would, of course, not change anything in regards to what Zelda is.

duckman2000

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »
AA is hyping SHELLSHOCK 2.

Just sayin.

Today on EB: Clumsy revisionism in magnificent real-time! EBs dullest stars claim that AA is hyping something, when in reality AA is simply relaying information.

:gloomy Borys, budget warrior without a cause :gloomy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 04:55:57 PM by duckman2000 »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »
ive never played a Ratchet game, but Zelda TP is one of the worst games Ive played in recent years

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
ive never played a Ratchet game, but Zelda TP is one of the worst games Ive played in recent years

Even worse than GTAIV?
dog

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
better than GTA4, but still terrible

Oblivion

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2008, 05:22:01 PM »

Ah, so it's the typical Nintyboy deflection bullshit then. Perhaps if what you originally said about my reasons for owning a PS3 weren't just your common nuggets of revisionist bullshit, or if I had a history of going on about the remarkable evolution and great strides forward for the Ratchet franchise (as opposed to reality, wherein I actually criticize Ratchet TOD for not being anywhere near enough of a step forward and up) or if what I said could actually so easily applied to the Ratchet franchise, it might have even made sense. It still would, of course, not change anything in regards to what Zelda is.

The hell are you talking about? I just found it funny that someone who says he would ditch the PS3 if Insomniac of all developers, jumped ship (which shows that you do seem to hold them in high regard, despite whatever minor criticism you may have thrown at Ratchet: ToD) had no problem calling Zelda of all things irrelevant. When you make statements like that, with a history of liking the stuff that you like (need we bring up Haze again?), then it doesn't take too much difficulty to understand why someone would call you out.