Author Topic: What are you listening to? (obligatory music thread)  (Read 24565 times)

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Re: What are you listening to? (obligatory music thread)
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2006, 04:54:07 PM »
What are you listening to, Fancie? Super Furry Animals for the 100th time straight?
please don't troll posters in my ace music thread

k?

Ok, that's a dick move. You just said it was fine for ebw to troll.
'posters' does not = 'music'
EBW said, "And Diablos still has bad taste"

Are you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged? Either that, or you just want to be a dick to Diablos.
AMC

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2006, 04:55:22 PM »
What are you listening to, Fancie? Super Furry Animals for the 100th time straight?

k?

yeah, pretty much.

Opa-ages distinguished mentally-challenged fellows have hijacked this forum, I feel bad.
::) read the above post, fancie hasn't trolled you in this thread.
P90

Diablos

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »

k?

'posters' does not = 'music'
EBW said, "And Diablos still has bad taste"

Are you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged? Either that, or you just want to be a dick to Diablos.
OAers stick together like one big happy dysfunctional family.

cloudwalking

• I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
  • Forum Princess
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2006, 04:58:49 PM »
Guys please drop it right here, I don't want this to become a flame war, this is a thread to post about what you're listening to. If you want to start a thread to fight about music taste and shoot personal attacks at one another by all means do it, but don't derail this thread kthx. :)

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2006, 05:00:47 PM »
Diablos

posts- 7497

Btw I take what ever I said back, I just want to keep this thread on topic- not dissovling into some bitchy exchange of words.
P90

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2006, 05:01:54 PM »
This issue with this board is that threads are structured like GAF.  There, you really have no choice but to list your opinion and forget the thread in question. . .unless you have way too much time on your hands to hit the reload button.

Traffic here is a lot slower. This board could use something, and I guarantee it isn't hyperactive moderation.
omg

Diablos

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2006, 05:06:45 PM »
Diablos

posts- 7497

Btw I take what ever I said back, I just want to keep this thread on topic- not dissovling into some bitchy exchange of words.
I trolled you half the time. Then I left. But look, I don't want to derail the thread either. (Never intended to).

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2006, 05:09:03 PM »
This issue with this board is that threads are structured like GAF.  There, you really have no choice but to list your opinion and forget the thread in question. . .unless you have way too much time on your hands to hit the reload button.

I'm confused.  Are you saying the way the forum is structured or the lack of a dedicated feature telling you what topics have new posts?  If it's the latter, that'll be fixed with our new layout/software update.  If it's the forum, I'd be open to hearing suggestions.

Traffic here is a lot slower. This board could use something, and I guarantee it isn't hyperactive moderation.

Hooters wasn't built in a day.
PSP

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2006, 05:09:09 PM »
Diablos

posts- 7497

I trolled you half the time. Then I left. But look, I don't want to derail the thread either. (Never intended to).

okay- I call a permanent truce between us (on here at least)

The fall- free range
P90

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2006, 05:11:03 PM »
No, I'm saying the issue with GAF is that if you have any sort of a life, any thread you have a passing interest in will probably be on the second (or third, or fourth) page of the board by the time you can come back to your computer.  Thusly, why it is important not to derail.  So everyone can weigh in and move on.

Here, what's the big deal?  This place crawls.  Let them e-make out, or whatever they were doing.
omg

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2006, 05:42:02 PM »
No, I'm saying the issue with GAF is that if you have any sort of a life, any thread you have a passing interest in will probably be on the second (or third, or fourth) page of the board by the time you can come back to your computer.  Thusly, why it is important not to derail.  So everyone can weigh in and move on.

Here, what's the big deal?  This place crawls.  Let them e-make out, or whatever they were doing.
Yea. I agree with this. It seems lke there's maybe 20 active posters.
AMC

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2006, 05:42:34 PM »
Close.  It's really about 30 or so active posters.
PSP

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2006, 05:45:56 PM »
Close.  It's really about 30 or so active posters.
:-\  :(  :duh
AMC

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »
On GAF you can just hit "User CP" and see what threads you've subscribed too (which Automatically happens when you've posted in a thread). This is how I keep track of what threads I post in and reply to comments focused at me.

Here I just use the "Show New Replies to Your Post" link at the top, in the User Info area. I still find GAF more friendly when it comes to tracking threads you've subscribed too though.
:9

Diablos

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
Also, bookmarks. Old fashioned, but it works!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2006, 06:22:03 PM »
On Topic:

Heres three tracks that i've been playing just to give a taste of what i'm listening too...

Paul Schwartz - Wind Love (Love Pace Pace)

The Roots - Clock with No Hands

Richard Marx - Hazard

Nick

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2006, 02:42:46 AM »
bell woods: seriously.  As a music fan, your tastes change.  OH.  MY.  GOD.  Let's write a fucking book.

Nick

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2006, 02:46:47 AM »
bell woods: seriously.  As a music fan, your tastes change.  OH.  MY.  GOD.  Let's write a fucking book.
OMGAW YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC IS FAKE.  LET'S GO LISTEN TO THE FALL BECAUSE ROJO DOES.

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2006, 05:58:55 AM »
OMGAW YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC IS FAKE.  LET'S GO LISTEN TO THE FALL BECAUSE ROJO DOES.
who is Rojo?

Death from above 1979- you're a woman, I'm a machine.
P90

Diablos

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2006, 10:31:15 AM »
Now I'm listening to the Chrono Trigger mixtape.

http://chronotriggermixtape.com/

Get the one without the DJ. These songs are really funny. Cloudwalking knows! My favorite is the rap song mix to "Wind Scene" with Young Jeezy. It's so unlikely and bizarre... but it WORKS. And not to mention, it's hilarious.

do... do...
niccas, BITCHES, BITCH ASS niccas!

:lol

Be warned: If you really like Chrono Trigger, these remixes will no doubt ruin the original songs for you. :D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 10:33:19 AM by Diablos »

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2006, 11:20:58 AM »
As a music fan you don't turn on a dozen bands you thought were totally awesome two weeks ago. And I've been listening to The Fall far longer than I've known about rojodiablo. Though if I hadn't, I wouldn't mind. He appreciates a lot of the same music as me (huge SFA fan), so I tend to trust his recs.

Nick

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2006, 02:38:40 PM »
As a music fan you don't turn on a dozen bands you thought were totally awesome two weeks ago. And I've been listening to The Fall far longer than I've known about rojodiablo. Though if I hadn't, I wouldn't mind. He appreciates a lot of the same music as me (huge SFA fan), so I tend to trust his recs.
So, what exactly are you trying to say?  I listen to the music I listen to (http://last.fm/user/1234007) so I can be cool?  Your schtick wears thin when you try too hard.

Diablos

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2006, 10:22:56 PM »
Anyway...

Spinnington, you were right! Cave In's Jupiter is amazing!

Found this at the record store and remembered I had to listen to it (thanks to Spinnington telling me to do so like 10 times :D). I cannot suggest this band enough. Everyone listen to Jupiter when you get a chance. What an awesome album.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 10:27:31 PM by Diablos »

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2006, 05:55:23 AM »
So, what exactly are you trying to say?  I listen to the music I listen to (http://last.fm/user/1234007) so I can be cool?  Your schtick wears thin when you try too hard.
Here is what I am saying: you listen to the music you listen to because you have no personality and have no idea how to enjoy a couple albums and not download five dozen a week and dispose of all you were listening to before.

I have no schtick. I speak from the heart. Stop being such a braindead teenager and awesome tastemakers like me will treat you with respect.

Thanks for the link, btw. Illustrates my point beautifully--http://www.last.fm/user/1234007/journal/2006/08/7/201807/. Weren't they your "favorite" band like four months ago? Dork.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:00:02 AM by enjoy bell woods »

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2006, 06:14:55 AM »
zz top  :D
P90

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2006, 06:34:55 AM »
Heiroglyphics - Full Circle

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C6JUA/sr=8-2/qid=1155204037/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-8414075-7986446?ie=UTF8

This has been my favorite album as of late, even though it came out it 2003 I just got it.  :D

EDIT: For great justice!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:50:27 PM by Viz »
萌え~

Nick

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2006, 09:47:12 AM »
Here is what I am saying: you listen to the music you listen to because you have no personality and have no idea how to enjoy a couple albums and not download five dozen a week and dispose of all you were listening to before.

I have no schtick. I speak from the heart. Stop being such a braindead teenager and awesome tastemakers like me will treat you with respect.

Thanks for the link, btw. Illustrates my point beautifully--http://www.last.fm/user/1234007/journal/2006/08/7/201807/. Weren't they your "favorite" band like four months ago? Dork.

No, I believe I started hating them after that's all everyone ever talked about.  I even explicitly stated this in every GAF thread related to them thereafter.  But hey, thanks for ignoring the real reason I posted my last.fm.  You know, to show you what I listen to.  Once again you prove to the world that you try too hard.  I actually forgot what you were trying to lambast me for.

Ah, right.  Because I don't listen to bands that I used to.  Real zinger right there, buddy. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:51:45 AM by Nick »

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2006, 10:04:46 AM »
I've been digging Sia Furler lately. Never knew she was the neice of Colin Hay (from Men at Work).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sia_Furler

Some tracks to sample

"In the Waiting Line" - w/ Zero 7

"Breath Me"

"The Bully"

"Numb"

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2006, 11:49:48 AM »

No, I believe I started hating them after that's all everyone ever talked about.  I even explicitly stated this in every GAF thread related to them thereafter.  But hey, thanks for ignoring the real reason I posted my last.fm.  You know, to show you what I listen to.  Once again you prove to the world that you try too hard.  I actually forgot what you were trying to lambast me for.

Ah, right.  Because I don't listen to bands that I used to.  Real zinger right there, buddy. 
Dude, quit acting like you don't know what I'm talking about. You stopped liking your favorite band--the band that gave you the most amazing album ever, Kid A--because "that's all everyone ever talked about.""
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 11:54:08 AM by enjoy bell woods »

Diablos

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2006, 12:09:10 PM »
Radiohead's fanbase at times makes me want to stop listening, too.
He's allowed... why does this bother you?

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2006, 12:11:54 PM »
I only liked The Bends. Then it got all weird.
o_0

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2006, 12:58:15 PM »
I actually discovered an album named "Era". The music is great, a mixture between Electronica and Gregorian Chanting. The music is very haunting. One of the most notable songs is "Era - Ameno"

Diablos

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2006, 03:29:06 PM »
ownneed

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2006, 04:39:24 AM »
I'm only halfway through that Cave In album, Jupiter, but WOW. This is some really good stuff. I guess I have to thank Mr. Spinnington because apparently he recommended it to Diablos (don't see it in this thread though, probably over at GAF). But thanks to Diablos for posting it in here.
AMC

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2006, 04:47:09 AM »
arcade fire
P90

Diablos

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »
I'm only halfway through that Cave In album, Jupiter, but WOW. This is some really good stuff. I guess I have to thank Mr. Spinnington because apparently he recommended it to Diablos (don't see it in this thread though, probably over at GAF). But thanks to Diablos for posting it in here.
It was either Spinnington or Strangelove.
Don't know why I'm getting them confused. :lol

rocketman

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »
Kanye West - Late Registration

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »
The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

If I Were You - Hoobastank

Fully Alive - Flyleaf

Lips of Angel - Hinder

Your Color - BoA
BUN

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2006, 06:23:01 PM »
It was either Spinnington or Strangelove.
Don't know why I'm getting them confused. :lol
Big Riff fucking rules so much in the last minute or so.
AMC

Diablos

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2006, 06:37:19 PM »
 In the Stream of Commerce is like the best song they have ever done, it has to be.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2006, 06:41:48 PM »
In the Stream of Commerce is like the best song they have ever done, it has to be.
Well, I know that's how you feel, I just had to respond to your post in the locked thread in here.  :-[
AMC

cloudwalking

• I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
  • Forum Princess
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2006, 07:12:50 PM »
New-ish:

Berryz Koubou - Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND

mink - Hold on to a dream

Not new:

Ferry Corsetn - L.E.F.

Yummy - Yummy

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2006, 07:36:45 PM »
^looks like the kind of music that makes a guy want to blow his brains out.

Diablos

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2006, 07:53:02 PM »
cloudwalking, you should check out "Citrus" by Asobi Seksu. They're from NYC (IIRC) but the lead singer mostly sings in Japanese.

They're really cool. Like Blondie meets My Bloody Valentine.
(You should also check out My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless" even though it has nothing to do with Japanese culture).

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2006, 08:05:10 PM »
You're a fickle idiot if a band's fanbase makes you stop liking the band. That's all.

Diablos

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2006, 09:15:49 PM »
You're a fickle idiot if a band's fanbase makes you stop liking the band. That's all.

You're the only thing keeping me from taking Super Furry Animals a bit more seriously :lol

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2006, 09:20:55 PM »
belle and sebastian.
P90

Diablos

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2006, 09:30:01 PM »
Their latest?

Song for Sunshine is some good stuff.

Also Sukie in the Graveyard!

« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2006, 09:37:36 PM »

You're the only thing keeping me from taking Super Furry Animals a bit more seriously :lol
Their last album kind of blows. Maybe you should check it out.

Nick

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2006, 09:42:16 PM »
I'm listening to Radiohead right now.

Loki

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2006, 10:43:27 PM »
At this moment, it's "Spitfire" by Prodigy.  Great workout music. :D

cloudwalking

• Forum Princess
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2006, 10:44:30 PM »
cloudwalking, you should check out "Citrus" by Asobi Seksu. They're from NYC (IIRC) but the lead singer mostly sings in Japanese.

(Image removed from quote.)

They're really cool. Like Blondie meets My Bloody Valentine.
(You should also check out My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless" even though it has nothing to do with Japanese culture).

Thanks, I'll check them out!

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2006, 12:43:45 AM »
belle and sebastian.

I can't stop listening to "Another Sunny Day."  Seriously.  I wish they'd go more toward that direction.
sig

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2006, 03:39:49 AM »
Their latest?

Song for Sunshine is some good stuff.

Also Sukie in the Graveyard!
nah- 'tigermilk'
P90

Lo-Volt

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2006, 08:08:38 PM »
At the moment, The Smithereens' Especially For You. Just to counter all the hipster or bleh-alternative votes in this thread. At times, I also listen to The Master Chief Show to meet my classics quota.

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »
BUN

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2006, 05:22:22 PM »
radiohead
P90

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2006, 05:28:46 PM »
AMC

Diablos

« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2006, 03:16:02 PM »

Hum - You'd Prefer an Astronaut

One of the forgotten gems of the 90's...

If you liked Cave In you'll definitely like this. It sounds a lot more dirty (or grungy, I guess), but it's so awesome.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2006, 03:26:19 PM »

Listening to my own BareNakedLadies Mix. Such an awesome and under-appreciated band:

1. Wind it Up (from the new EP Easy)
2. Helicopters
3. Falling For the First Time
4. What a Good Boy
5. Humour of the Situatioin (its even spelled with a U, lol Canada)
6. Jane
7. Alcohol
8. Life, In a Nutshell
9. Never Is Enough
10. Its Only Me (The Wizard of Magicland)
11. Pinch Me
12. Some Fantastic
13. Get In Line
14. If I had $1,000,000
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 03:30:57 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0