Author Topic: Dear California  (Read 56917 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Dear California
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2008, 02:43:38 AM »
Hollywood: Most of GAF and any GAF refugees think its totally okay to be complete hypocrites because they are on the internet.

oh god you can't be this fucking stupid

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2008, 02:43:56 AM »
Hollywood: Most of GAF and any GAF refugees think its totally okay to be complete hypocrites because they are on the internet.

first the martyr, now the preacher

nintendo truly is a faith
duc

Hollywood

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2008, 02:46:17 AM »
the purpose of analogy is comparison, waggletard. you are claiming that mocking nintendo's irrelevant new direction directly correlates to the sort of thinking that deprived hundreds of thousands of californians of basic respect and dignity. this is why ninthings don't get laid!

I'm comparing the way you act to that group of people who are set on making clarifications about the definition of message. Since you're known for being a troll, mostly in video games, I just find it funny you take offense at a bunch of homophobe's being a stiff ass about who's allowed to be declared married when you troll all the time about little definitions of shit.

I honestly expected a standard Drinky classic "HOMOS AM CRY :catlogo :catlogo :catlogo" response. It's just funny that you actually take this seriously and act like you don't understand intolerance, of all people.  :lol

My wife was in tears last night because a bunch of our friends were voted second class citizens last night by millions of people.  Way to take videogames too seriously.

It wasn't a gay marriage-videogames analogy, it was an intolerance analogy. Drinky's known for trolling everything and being intolerant. I just found it ironic HIM of all people suddenly is clueless as to how the group of idiots in California who care far too much about something that doesn't concern them is governed, just because of how they define something. He spends all his time trolling something that doesn't concern him, its not a different sentiment than people in California "trolling" with anti-gay marriage stuff and voting against it when it doesn't concern them. So I'm not sure how he doesn't understand how people have that sentiment, when he does all the time, although much less relevant.
What in god's fucking green earth are you babbling on about?  Are you seriously equating forum trolling with wide spread cultural and religious intolerance that has led to people actually being beaten to death?  Yes, all the California gays just got "trolled," you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Sorry, must be over your head. Maybe I shouldn't have brought up videogames and just explained it: drinky talking about intolerance is funny. Ta-da. I find it funny people think this thread is serus intranet business, when all kinds of others of equal issue importance get trolled and mocked all the time. Don't get all butthurt dude, chill. Go grab your wife's tissues or something.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »
the purpose of analogy is comparison, waggletard. you are claiming that mocking nintendo's irrelevant new direction directly correlates to the sort of thinking that deprived hundreds of thousands of californians of basic respect and dignity. this is why ninthings don't get laid!

I'm comparing the way you act to that group of people who are set on making clarifications about the definition of message. Since you're known for being a troll, mostly in video games, I just find it funny you take offense at a bunch of homophobe's being a stiff ass about who's allowed to be declared married when you troll all the time about little definitions of shit.

I honestly expected a standard Drinky classic "HOMOS AM CRY :catlogo :catlogo :catlogo" response. It's just funny that you actually take this seriously and act like you don't understand intolerance, of all people.  :lol

My wife was in tears last night because a bunch of our friends were voted second class citizens last night by millions of people.  Way to take videogames too seriously.

It wasn't a gay marriage-videogames analogy, it was an intolerance analogy. Drinky's known for trolling everything and being intolerant. I just found it ironic HIM of all people suddenly is clueless as to how the group of idiots in California who care far too much about something that doesn't concern them is governed, just because of how they define something. He spends all his time trolling something that doesn't concern him, its not a different sentiment than people in California "trolling" with anti-gay marriage stuff and voting against it when it doesn't concern them. So I'm not sure how he doesn't understand how people have that sentiment, when he does all the time, although much less relevant.
What in god's fucking green earth are you babbling on about?  Are you seriously equating forum trolling with wide spread cultural and religious intolerance that has led to people actually being beaten to death?  Yes, all the California gays just got "trolled," you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Sorry, must be over your head. Maybe I shouldn't have brought up videogames and just explained it: drinky talking about intolerance is funny. Ta-da. I find it funny people think this thread is serus intranet business, when all kinds of others of equal issue importance get trolled and mocked all the time. Don't get all butthurt dude, chill. Go grab your wife's tissues or something.

Yes, Nintendo making non-games is as equally important as Prop 8 passing.  Good jon.
serge

Hollywood

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2008, 02:49:57 AM »

My wife was in tears last night because a bunch of our friends were voted second class citizens last night by millions of people.  Way to take videogames too seriously.

What in god's fucking green earth are you babbling on about?  Are you seriously equating forum trolling with wide spread cultural and religious intolerance that has led to people actually being beaten to death?  Yes, all the California gays just got "trolled," you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Yes, Nintendo making non-games is as equally important as Prop 8 passing.  Good jon.

Ya cus thats what I said ya know. WINNA.

etiolate

« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2008, 02:50:21 AM »
Drinky, are you going to claim you're not a hypocrite?

TVC15

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2008, 02:51:44 AM »

You brought up a Nintendo analogy and then your stated point was the text I bolded.  What's difficult to understand here?  You think trolling Nintendo is akin to taking away the rights of gays.  You're the one that made the analogy and clarified your point.
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2008, 02:53:28 AM »

inasmuch as you're capable of assessing it, yup. there's this hilarious little thing called "context"
duc

Hollywood

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2008, 02:55:27 AM »

You brought up a Nintendo analogy and then your stated point was the text I bolded.  What's difficult to understand here?  You think trolling Nintendo is akin to taking away the rights of gays.  You're the one that made the analogy and clarified your point.

Okay so take out Nintendo and put whatever else Drinky trolls. I don't keep up with his thousands of posts lately but I'm sure theres another here in the off topic forum, I just went with what he's most notorious for. What the subject is, isn't the point, the point was I thought it was funny Drinky was on a crusade against intolerance - when the way he posts is one of the most intolerant people I've seen around these parts. Make more sense?

Maybe he should put up a "for serious" tag on his real posts.

TVC15

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2008, 02:56:55 AM »
Really?  What actually important issue is he intolerant on?
serge

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2008, 02:57:49 AM »
These two things are not analogous. Being "intolerant" on the Internet doesn't end with people being denied their legal rights. Being intolerant of gays at the ballot box in California does.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2008, 02:58:05 AM »

My wife was in tears last night because a bunch of our friends were voted second class citizens last night by millions of people.  Way to take videogames too seriously.

What in god's fucking green earth are you babbling on about?  Are you seriously equating forum trolling with wide spread cultural and religious intolerance that has led to people actually being beaten to death?  Yes, all the California gays just got "trolled," you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

internet intolerance for videogames <> real-life intolerance for human beings

i am quite intolerant of tomatoes, the music of the beatles, sports fandom, neckbeard blogs, and laser printer jams, for what it's worth

duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2008, 02:58:44 AM »

context, dude

lrn2read
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2008, 03:00:47 AM »
leper hollywood and etoilet for this derail, btw

if you wanna grudgefight me over nintendo slights, take it to gaming

fuckin' nerds
duc

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2008, 03:01:24 AM »
Okay, pop quiz time!  You will be presented with several pairs of behaviors.  In each pair, one is a genuine instance of societal oppression that marginalizes and oppresses an entire cultural group.  The other will be an example of someone playing the dozens, possibly in a somewhat assholeish way but well within the boundaries of netiquette.

A) Making derogatory comments about the romantic lives of "Ninthings".

OR

B) Using the legal apparatus of a state to restrict marriage rights and privileges only to heterosexuals.

A) Ridiculing the idea of a "fursona" or "fursonality"

OR

B) Banning Jews from owning property outside of certain areas and mandating that they wear a yellow star in public.

A) Speculating about the home life of a Star Wars fan in an ungenerous manner

OR

B) Maintaining both written laws and social mores which prevent women from becoming financially independent.

A) Using dismissive terms such as "lolbertarian" and "Randroid" rather than the preferred "classic liberal" or "Objectivist"

OR

B) Supporting an unofficial shadow justice system whereby black men are castrated and lynched for talking to white women without the proper deference.

Answer key:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you didn't immediately smack your head and say "I, Hollywood/etiolate just got caught up in the argument and acted really dumb.  Boy is my face red!" then you FAIL FAIL FAIL
[close]

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2008, 03:02:26 AM »
you forgot "looking for a chink in the drinky armor irrespective of any common sense"

edit: did i just say CHINK

i expect a lecture incoming
duc

etiolate

« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2008, 03:02:42 AM »

inasmuch as you're capable of assessing it, yup. there's this hilarious little thing called "context"

And you depend on the context of the time.

But what is the context of your irrational hatred towards people who like Nintendo? It's just irrational. Does intolerance and hatred get a coolie pass in certain cases? Your attitude is completely sensitive to time.

I just don't find any of what you say all that serious, because you're a hypocrite so often. You switch opinions to suit yourself or to suit the mood of the time. If I run across you a hundred years in the past, I expect to find a gay hating, red blooded American, for its personally acceptable and well thought of at that time.  

I don't believe you can just be a jackass all the time, then expected to be seen as tolerant due to some politics.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2008, 03:03:57 AM »
fortunately, i can believe you're just that stupid, so it works for both of us
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2008, 03:04:13 AM »
JINX
duc

TVC15

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2008, 03:05:55 AM »
Prole hates one aspect of a frivolous hobby, therefore, he must hate everything rational in life.
serge

Hollywood

« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2008, 03:06:14 AM »
leper hollywood and etoilet for this derail, btw

if you wanna grudgefight me over nintendo slights, take it to gaming

fuckin' nerds

I apologize Drinky, I didn't know this gay stuff affected you so deeply. Ahem ... no pun intended.

Next time I'll pay more attention to real world Drinky vs. fake internet troller Drinky, even though he's probably compiled about 95% of his posts on the latter. Nerd? I'll stop my argument, because you only got a dozen or so posts until you hit the 20K market of coolness. Wouldn't wanna waste it on a gay thread arguing with a nerd right.  ;)

As for gay marriage, as I said earlier ... I just wish people only concerned themselves with what concerns them and let gay people do whatever they want What someone else does shouldn't really be up for vote, but thats just me.

etiolate

« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2008, 03:06:21 AM »
You think that because it's a videogame, you can be a douchebag about things you don't like.

Am I right or wrong?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2008, 03:06:33 AM »
Does intolerance and hatred get a coolie pass in certain cases? Your attitude is completely sensitive to time.

As simply as I can say this:

Making fun of someone for their tastes in pop culture is not "intolerance" the way legislating different rights and privileges among different cultural groups is "intolerance".

They are completely different acts with totally different social costs and implications.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:00 AM »
When will Drinky's hate mongering end? Thank god we have such valiant internet warriors!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
zzzzz

TVC15

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »

Okay so take out Nintendo and put whatever else Drinky trolls. I don't keep up with his thousands of posts lately but I'm sure theres another here in the off topic forum, I just went with what he's most notorious for. What the subject is, isn't the point, the point was I thought it was funny Drinky was on a crusade against intolerance - when the way he posts is one of the most intolerant people I've seen around these parts. Make more sense?

Really?  What actually important issue is he intolerant on?

[youtube=425,350]sPi0LUF1uV8[/youtube]
serge

etiolate

« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2008, 03:10:48 AM »
I disagree with people in their tastes for pop culture, but I don't make fun of them or spend as much energy and time into doing it as Drinky does.  What people like and dislike, their TASTES can be as much born into them as anything. I obviously state my disagreement, but I don't act like a douchebag about it. This is a part of tolerance. You can not dismiss it.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2008, 03:12:03 AM »
whhhhooooooa, we have just crossed the threshold into one crazy space

"nintendo is a genetically determined preference" is a WHOLE NEW WORLD for me

y'know, those jokes about martyrdom were just metaphors, guys

guys

oh jesus
duc

etiolate

« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2008, 03:13:29 AM »
Furthermore, furries disturb me. But I can't go on a Drinky-style witch hunt for them.  It's just not in myself to do so.

Drinky, what is your feeling of how to face furries? You're pretty openly disgusted by it. Does your tolerance extend to them?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2008, 03:20:47 AM »
I disagree with people in their tastes for pop culture, but I don't make fun of them or spend as much energy and time into doing it as Drinky does.  What people like and dislike, their TASTES can be as much born into them as anything. I obviously state my disagreement, but I don't act like a douchebag about it. This is a part of tolerance. You can not dismiss it.

Saying jerk-y in discussions on the internet != using the law, backed by the implicit threat of violence, to deny privileges and rights to a group of people.

That's without even getting into the difference between the GLBT community and the Nintendo fan community in terms of historical oppression and community identity, which I hope would be staggeringly obvious to anyone with more brain cells left than Terri Schiavo.

PS Drinky's said that he's got no real problem with furries but finds them too hilariously hypersensitive not to needle.  It's not like he's crashing furry cons or I dunno, sponsoring a ballot making it a felony to fuck in a Phillie Phanatic costume.

Hollywood

« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2008, 03:23:26 AM »
Context, etiolate, context.  Drinky is a grade A asshole, we understand, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because he is talking about videogames.  Please don't conflate heavy handed console trolling with real bias.

Maybe so, but the context of the poster just made it seem odd too. Drinky's a well known master troll of intolerance, so I just found it kinda funny. Maybe the issues matter on how he reacts, but he's well known for that, so it seems out of character. It would be like if some other well known ex OA/GAF guys came here and started doing stuff. Like if REIROM came over and posted proof that he has a doctorate, or olimario became an women's internet privacy advocate.  :o

etiolate

« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2008, 03:23:30 AM »
Context, etiolate, context.  Drinky is a grade A asshole, we understand, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because he is talking about videogames.  Please don't conflate heavy handed console trolling with real bias.

I'm going down the road of what that thinking really says. Ages ago, homosexuality wasn't seen as a natural thing at all.  It was a sexual perversion, a character flaw, a choice of indulgence perhaps.  Applying this separation of what its okay to treat poorly, then I'd assume you would all be ready to bust in some homo's skull a century or so ago. My point is that Drinky's behavior or anyone following such thinking shows a penchant for following a current idealogical thought flow more than that he is tolerant in any true, solid way.

Being nice to things or people you like isn't a pillar of tolerance.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2008, 03:24:45 AM »
or maybe it's not out of character, but rather that your thick, lugubrious ninthing tears blind you to the other 90% of what i post
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2008, 03:27:19 AM »
omg

100 years from now, i will be regarded as the heinrich himmler of an entire human subspecies, homo nintendocus

omg

"remember when drinky crow coined the term 'waggle' and diminished the self-respect of literally TENS of gaf denizens?"

"truly a despicable time. dark days, dark days."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 03:30:08 AM by Professor Prole »
duc

OptimoPeach

« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2008, 03:27:22 AM »
Applying this separation of what its okay to treat poorly, then I'd assume you would all be ready to bust in some homo's skull a century or so ago. My point is that Drinky's behavior or anyone following such thinking shows a penchant for following a current idealogical thought flow more than that he is tolerant in any true, solid way.

Did I miss the part where we were going around bashing in the skulls of Nintendo fans? Is there a thread where I can sign up for this?
hi5

TVC15

« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2008, 03:27:26 AM »
Wow, etoilet.  Now your argument is based on past-life regression or something.,  A hundred years ago, we'd ALL probably be bashing in homo skulls.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2008, 03:28:44 AM »
Applying this separation of what its okay to treat poorly, then I'd assume you would all be ready to bust in some homo's skull a century or so ago.

You're eliding the massive (MASSIVE!) differences in "treating poorly" that are going on here.  I mean, wow.  You get what I'm saying, right?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2008, 03:29:08 AM »
Wow, etoilet.  Now your argument is based on past-life regression or something.,  A hundred years ago, we'd ALL probably be bashing in homo skulls.

Yeah, but you're the only one who'd be doing it as foreplay.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2008, 03:29:11 AM »
for etoilet's sake, i hope he pulls the "lol i was trolling u guys, chumps haw" card like

right

about

now

(please)
duc

TVC15

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2008, 03:29:45 AM »

Yeah, but you're the only one who'd be doing it as foreplay.

It's not officially sex until something's been dislocated!
serge

etiolate

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2008, 03:29:58 AM »
I've seen you trash on many things, including furries(obiously why I brought it up). I don't buy the "its just videogames" approach, because I understand that bigotry and intolerance is a form of thinking more than anything else.

Not if your way was truly tolerant.

Hollywood

« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2008, 03:30:50 AM »
for etoilet's sake, i hope he pulls the "lol i was trolling u guys, chumps haw" card like

right

about

now

(please)

He's going to make you waste your 20,000th post and then laugh at you.  :P

TVC15

« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2008, 03:30:57 AM »
Really, etoilet.  Tell us what you would be like if you were born 100 years ago.  Fuck, tell us what you'd be like if you were born 20 years before you actually were.
serge

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:12 AM »
i did think the 100 years in the future finish to obama's speech was pretty cool, yes.

john holbo is WRONG WRONG here.  anticipatory retrospective is the niftiest rhetorical gambit there is.
QED

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:48 AM »
so basically, you unroll the plastic on the steepest incline you can find, and plunge belly first down it?

by this logic, he who will not suffer everything suffers nothing

duc

etiolate

« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2008, 03:32:34 AM »
TVC- Hopefully, I'd be tolerant.

TVC15

« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2008, 03:33:02 AM »
Trolling Nintendo fans in 2008 == Murdering homos in 1908.
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2008, 03:34:19 AM »
you could stand to be more tolerant of me and my loathesome ways
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2008, 03:35:48 AM »
Trolling Nintendo fans in 2008 == Murdering homos in 1908.

let's use the assignment operator rather than the equivalence one

if i troll a ninthing in the 21st century, a homo in the 20th DIES

or vice versa

this gets us closer to godwin much faster, recursively will appreciate this small but significant syntactical fix and its effect on overall local process efficiency
duc

TVC15

« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2008, 03:36:10 AM »
Sorry, Prole, I am NOT tolerant of loli fans or Narutards.  

Also, not liking Chinese Democracy in 2008 == Pushing jews into the showers in 1938.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2008, 03:36:40 AM »
Yes, because telling someone you disapprove of them is tantamount to 100 year old murders, and Drinky's intolerance can be born into him just as much as Nintendo fandom or teh gay.

Man, putting together these obviously specious arguments is easy.  Is it intolerant if I mock someone for doing it full time?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2008, 03:39:05 AM »
etoilet disapproves of me and will possibly travel back in time to rape my grand-dad

duc

etiolate

« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2008, 03:39:41 AM »
Now let me get this straight, you honestly think the delta (given 100 years) between murder and trolling videogame fans on the internet is literally zero?

It's the thought process behind it, which is only buffered by current mores, which is the deal here.  

To me, "it's okay because it's.." is dangerous thinking.

you could stand to be more tolerant of me and my loathesome ways

I tolerate you all the time =D

TVC15

« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2008, 03:40:51 AM »
Now let me get this straight, you honestly think the delta (given 100 years) between murder and trolling videogame fans on the internet is literally zero?

It's the thought process behind it, which is only buffered by current mores, which is the deal here.  

Doesn't thinking "it's okay because it's. . ." is dangerous dismiss the majority of valid logical reasons for anything?  You're saying there's never a good reason for blank, where blank could be anything.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 03:43:22 AM by TVC 15 »
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2008, 03:41:40 AM »
because thought translates into action!

OH JESUS TVC IS COMING FOR ALL OF US

(re: furries -- do a search for "drinky," "sonarrat," and "furries" on gaf for enlightenment. i believe that was one of my "serious" moments as hollywood likes to phrase it)
duc

« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2008, 03:43:36 AM »
jesus what the fuck
Crm

etiolate

« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2008, 03:44:32 AM »

Doesn't thinking "it's okay because it's. . ." dismiss the majority of valid logical reasons?  You're saying there's never a good reason for blank, where blank could be anything.

We're talking about applying visceral hatred to things and the ethics of tolerance. I am applying it to that. There's good reasons for things. I don't find good reasons for hatred.  

PS: The fact that I am putting up a real ethical question and people are ready to bail to lolsville says a lot.  

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2008, 03:45:27 AM »
ninthing vendettas, dude

they die very, very hard

never get between a manchild and his wall-eyed delight in non-gaming experiences
duc

TVC15

« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2008, 03:46:02 AM »

Doesn't thinking "it's okay because it's. . ." dismiss the majority of valid logical reasons?  You're saying there's never a good reason for blank, where blank could be anything.

We're talking about applying visceral hatred to things and the ethics of tolerance. I am applying it to that. There's good reasons for things. I don't find good reasons for hatred.  

PS: The fact that I am putting up a real ethical question and people are ready to bail to lolsville says a lot.  

So basically, it relies on CONTEXT, as mentioned earlier in this thread?  Your line of thinking only applies in context to "the ethics of tolerance," whereas the behavior of Prole has to do with frivolity vs actually relevant issues?

CONTEXT!
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2008, 03:46:14 AM »
etiolate's stipulating an unrealistically binary concept of "tolerance" here.

Either you are Truly Tolerant or you are not.  If you are, then you are at peace with the world and never say or do anything that could ever cause anyone any sort of discomfort.

If you are not, then you are at the whim of society and its mores.  I'm not sure how those mores change, because the Intolerant would never be activists about it and the Truly Tolerant couldn't be selective about their Tolerance.

I'm not sure how this model explains the uneven and fitful expansion of rights throughout modern history.  Maybe there's something we're missing, like dark matter.

etiolate

« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2008, 03:46:55 AM »
And I should apologize for derailing. I know Cohen wants a Prop 8 discussion.