Author Topic: Let's get to cracking Evilbore  (Read 12621 times)

Himu

Let's get to cracking Evilbore
« on: December 01, 2006, 12:42:08 AM »
How can we improve this forum?

1. More variety in thread content. The past few weeks have been nothing but insanity. Insanity and comedy are nice, but in doses. Once you get to a certain point, it becomes obnoxious. So please let's make our threads more varied! Instead of making a bunch of threads about how your've got drugs in a bowl right now, how about talk about something useful?

2. More users. We need more users! How can we advertise on gaf without getting people bannded?
IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Re: Let's get to cracking Evilbore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 12:44:38 AM »
Picture gallery needs to come back.
萌え~

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:45:24 AM »
2. More users. We need more users! How can we advertise on gaf without getting people bannded?

No more advertising on GAF, please.
serge

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 12:48:21 AM »
put the fucking emotions in that thread up cloud that's a start.

I like the small user base, and if you notice we keep getting new people here and there, it's chill so far.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 12:48:52 AM »

Subliminal Avatars. Have an avatar that flashes evilbore.com for a split second.
萌え~

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 12:49:10 AM »
Honestly anyone who isnt banned can just PM people anyway and get away with it without the DRAMA.
o_0

TVC15

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 12:50:27 AM »
Honestly anyone who isnt banned can just PM people anyway and get away with it without the DRAMA.

How do you know that there aren't untrustworthy mods that read other users' PMs?
serge

MrAngryFace

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 12:51:14 AM »
lolz
o_0

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 12:51:27 AM »
Ability to post HTML code for embedded YouTube videos.  Really all I can think of for now, and that's just fluff.

re: GAF recruitment... who's left?  I thought all the good posters were here already.
sig

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 12:55:41 AM »
GAF mods read PM's? Wow.

Himu

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 12:56:02 AM »

Agreed. Enough with the drama. Get that shit out.
IYKYK

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 12:57:10 AM »
GAF mods read PM's? Wow.

Are you serious?

TVC15

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 12:58:01 AM »
GAF mods read PM's? Wow.

No, it's actually an EVILBORE INSIDE JOKE.
serge

Himu

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 12:59:20 AM »
The biggest suggestion is to stop making threads off topic. Right now, we're talking about fucking Zelda in the FFIII thread. WHY?
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 01:00:12 AM »
Like everything wrong with the forum, I blame Phoenix Dark.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 01:01:08 AM »
Well I would ask that anyone who REALLY wants to viral market EB at GAF do it through PM.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 01:01:20 AM »
GAF mods read PM's? Wow.

No, it's actually an EVILBORE INSIDE JOKE.

We don't believe you, you need more people!

TVC15

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 01:03:22 AM »

and Shake
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 01:03:58 AM »

You never answered my PM :(

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 01:04:38 AM »
Ability to post HTML code for embedded YouTube videos.  Really all I can think of for now, and that's just fluff.

Yes!
:9

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 01:05:17 AM »
I didn't know it was something to reply to, but I passed it along!
PSP

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 01:05:30 AM »
If this involves me doing something, I don't want in.
AMC

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 01:07:10 AM »
Why exactly is Evilbore blackballed at GAF? Did Evilore get his panties in such a bunch over a few GIFs that the whole place went on a don't-ever-mention list?

I can understand banning mention of OA, but WTF did EvilBore ever do? Christ, we've as tame as GAF, and we've got better posters.
8=D

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 01:07:50 AM »
萌え~

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 01:07:55 AM »
I didn't know it was something to reply to, but I passed it along!

To Cloudwalking? Good man!

Himu

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 01:08:02 AM »
I think it's the name that's got us black listed.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 01:08:29 AM »
Why exactly is Evilbore blackballed at GAF? Did Evilore get his panties in such a bunch over a few GIFs that the whole place went on a don't-ever-mention list?

I can understand banning mention of OA, but WTF did EvilBore ever do? Christ, we've as tame as GAF, and we've got better posters.

I think it has more to do with the several high profile attempts to recruit for evilbore on the forums than anything.
serge

Himu

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 01:09:31 AM »
I don't recall any high profile attempts. Simply posting the link doesn't mean high profile, just passing the word.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 01:11:14 AM »
I don't recall any high profile attempts. Simply posting the link doesn't mean high profile, just passing the word.

You don't remember Dark Shake going out in a blaze of glory at GAF like a day after the forums went up?
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 01:11:40 AM »
I think he even banned the IP. I would sometimes grab a gif from here and post it over there but (:shh I don't do it anymore though) and now the IP itself seems to be black listed.

Himu

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 01:11:54 AM »
I remember hearing of it, but I didn't get to see the thing myself so I don't know.
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:45 AM »
Shake went into the dangerzone, he got banned for our sins :-[

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:51 AM »

I think it has more to do with the several high profile attempts to recruit for evilbore on the forums than anything.

So basically, Evilore didn't want competition for his money maker?
Sorry, but there's no good reason for it at all. If you want to argue spamming the forum with EvilBore links would occur, that's a TOS case where individual posters should get banned. But to outright censor the site name? Nah, fuck that. It's Evilore being a baby. he was all pissy with me when I was crusading to get him to take down his ridiculously over-priced MAF shirt well after he'd outright removed MAF from GAF history.

And look at the other banned sites. News sites full of nothing but fake news and shit, and a forum full of racist fuckwits.
8=D

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:55 AM »
or my banning?

Just keep it on the downlow, simps. There's a few folks in GAF moderati/administrati (Wasabi, TVC, Dragona) that I still like and chat with, and I don't want a repeat of my last little mistake.
duc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 01:13:16 AM »
I found my way here through gaf

TVC15

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 01:14:01 AM »
I think he even banned the IP. I would sometimes grab a gif from here and post it over there but (:shh I don't do it anymore though) and now the IP itself seems to be black listed.

That's just because the word evilbore is banned, and thus anything you link from this domain will come out looking like all asterisks, similar to trying to link an image from sites like sp0ng and kotaku.
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 01:14:33 AM »

Contracting AIDS works the same way

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 01:15:14 AM »

Contracting AIDS works the same way

Well I can GUARANTEE you that I dont have aids.

TVC15

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 01:15:49 AM »

Sorry, but there's no good reason for it at all. If you want to argue spamming the forum with EvilBore links would occur, that's a TOS case where individual posters should get banned. But to outright censor the site name? Nah, fuck that. It's Evilore being a baby. he was all pissy with me when I was crusading to get him to take down his ridiculously over-priced MAF shirt well after he'd outright removed MAF from GAF history.

And look at the other banned sites. News sites full of nothing but fake news and shit, and a forum full of racist fuckwits.

I guarantee if other forums started spamming the forums for recruits, they'd find their names banned as well.
serge

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 01:16:42 AM »

That's just because the word evilbore is banned, and thus anything you link from this domain will come out looking like all asterisks, similar to trying to link an image from sites like sp0ng and kotaku.

Yes, but you used to be able to link to the images here, which ass show up as:
http://208.109.107.74/forum/Smileys/whatever.gif
You could do that after the word evilbore got banned. Now even the IP address is blocked out.
8=D

Himu

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2006, 01:16:53 AM »
How exactly did Shake "spam" gaf? Did he simply just make a topic for it, or did he act like a dumb fuck and add the url to the bottom of every post?
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2006, 01:17:33 AM »
I hardly think Shake's one thread asking where the EviLore gif came from, even though not-so-subtle recruitment, qualifies as spamming. Hyperbole get.

EviLore is entitled to do whatever he wants on his forum.  This is our forum, though.  <3
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2006, 01:17:57 AM »
Those stunts were stupid. There's certainly no reason for EvilBore and GAF to have "tension" or any drama; we're sort of like sister boards when you think about it.

When I get back to GAF I know full well that EvilBore is blackballed. Why the fuck would I want to start shit over this board? I love EvilBore, and I love the fact that it's slowly getting more popular. It offers far more freedom than GAF, but is still not out of control like OA. Perfect balance.

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2006, 01:18:25 AM »

I guarantee if other forums started spamming the forums for recruits, they'd find their names banned as well.

1 thread. One thread full of :elf and :nuhuh that Evilore tried playing off as not bothering him, only to have everything associated with the site completely banned thereafter. Sorry Whiteman, I see where you're coming from, but it just doesn't work for me.
8=D

TVC15

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2006, 01:18:50 AM »
How exactly did Shake "spam" gaf? Did he simply just make a topic for it, or did he act like a dumb fuck and add the url to the bottom of every post?

I'm not going to bother looking it up.  I think anyone that witnessed it will agree he crossed lines.  I don't recall the details. 

Also, I don't believe evilbore was banned as a result of the dark shake incident.  I think there were at least 1 or 2 more episodes before that happened.
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2006, 01:19:12 AM »
Shake wasn't the only person spamming, hickorydick.

GAF sucks, anyhow. When they popularize a GameFAQs toadie like Anihawk, they've really dredged all of the corn out of the shitpile, as it were. Get some COOL DODES from other places!
duc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2006, 01:19:22 AM »
Yea, but GAF is taking it to the extreme. I mean do they really need to sensor the URL? GAF used to be a bastion of uncensored debate and interesting information. Now its a shithole with shitty mods. If you're not ultra-ultra liberal then you're banned.

I have voted straight democratic in every election and then i get banned for asking a question about flushing the quran down the toilet.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »
Drinky, the only spam I saw, in an honesty, was your deleted thread.  And that occured way after the Shake thread that got the forum blacklisted.

Nobody else spammed.  We don't even have the members to spam.
PSP

TVC15

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2006, 01:20:37 AM »
Yea, but GAF is taking it to the extreme. I mean do they really need to sensor the URL? GAF used to be a bastion of uncensored debate and interesting information. Now its a shithole with shitty mods. If you're not ultra-ultra liberal then you're banned.

I have voted straight democratic in every election and then i get banned for asking a question about flushing the quran down the toilet.

I banned 3 of your accounts :)
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2006, 01:20:41 AM »
I spammed back when Shake did, too. I've done a fair bit of it. I like needling the status quo overthere, but when it pisses off folks I consider legitimately cool, I quit.
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2006, 01:20:54 AM »
We should have some kind of policy against starting shit with GAF imo

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2006, 01:21:09 AM »
I dunno, I like the quality of the posters we have here, but things tend to devolve into a feces flinging fuck fest within 10 posts in most threads.  Not that such behaviour isn't fun once in a blue moon, but all the time tends to get old.

Honestly though, the best thing we could do would be to create a sub-forum and banish PD and Shake there until they grew up in about five years.
yar

Himu

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2006, 01:21:29 AM »
Even if gaf supposedly sucks now, atleast they have good thread variety, something I sorely miss. We have some catching up to do.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2006, 01:21:41 AM »
That said, I think we all knew getting into this, that launching with our name would probably stoke EviLore's ire.
PSP

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2006, 01:21:49 AM »
Shake wasn't the only person spamming, hickorydick.

GAF sucks, anyhow. When they popularize a GameFAQs toadie like Anihawk, they've really dredged all of the corn out of the shitpile, as it were. Get some COOL DODES from other places!

Thus the perfect trojan horse avatar!
萌え~

TVC15

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2006, 01:22:19 AM »

There's a clause about not bashing certain other forums in the evilbore TOS, not that it's ever followed.
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2006, 01:22:26 AM »
So start making threads about shit that isn't:

A) other posters
B) other threads
C) other forums
D) this forum

fagnuts. There's a whole YOO-niverse of shit to bash, and you titwits pick Opa-Ages or GAF or one/all of the other cumswilling internet assgringos shared between those two forums and ours.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:25:25 AM by Drinky Crow »
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2006, 01:22:33 AM »
I dunno, I like the quality of the posters we have here, but things tend to devolve into a feces flinging fuck fest within 10 posts in most threads.  Not that such behaviour isn't fun once in a blue moon, but all the time tends to get old.

Honestly though, the best thing we could do would be to create a sub-forum and banish PD and Shake there until they grew up in about five years.

Big words asshole :lol

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2006, 01:23:58 AM »
8=D

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2006, 01:24:14 AM »

We don't condone such actions, but I'm not about to punish our users for what they did on another forum out their own free will.

Quote from: Himuro
Even if gaf supposedly sucks now, atleast they have good thread variety, something I sorely miss. We have some catching up to do.

Considering we've been around a few months and they've been around for several years, I don't really think so.
PSP