Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870603 times)

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10680 on: October 08, 2010, 01:40:46 AM »
speaking of, Russ Feingold is in a dicey race and losing him would be a fucking tragedy.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10681 on: October 08, 2010, 10:49:16 AM »
[youtube=560,345]yOZEOvkg4TM[/youtube]
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10682 on: October 08, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #10683 on: October 10, 2010, 03:59:07 AM »
I sort of have a crush on Christine O'Donnell, she makes me nostalgic for my Catholic-school childhood. Somehow, despite that my parents were basically agnostics who only sent me there because our public school district was notoriously bad, and despite that the school itself was fairly liberal with nuns who'd tell us about how women were going to be priests someday, I still managed to internalize some of the notorious "Catholic guilt" everyone talks about. I remember being kept up at night in fifth grade afraid that Satan would tempt me or was already tempting me through like Nintendo games and stuff, and shouldn't I really give those up if I want to be a good person?

so yeah, nobody understands her but me  :violin :heart
QED

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10684 on: October 11, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »
You two can masturbate and cry together!  SINNERS

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10685 on: October 11, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_republican_candidate_nazi_costume;_ylt=ArXB_Y8KODPZ4142ur2RKb.s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQ4ZW00NTl0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAxMDExL3VzX3JlcHVibGljYW5fY2FuZGlkYXRlX25hemlfY29zdHVtZQRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzYEcG9zAzMEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNvaGlvZ29wY2FuZGk-

OLUMBUS, Ohio – A Republican congressional candidate from Ohio, countering criticism from a House GOP leader, said he did nothing wrong by wearing a Nazi uniform while participating in World War II re-enactments.

Rich Iott told The Associated Press in an interview Monday that he took part in the historical re-enactments to educate the public, and does not agree with the Nazis' views or their actions against Jews.

Asked whether it was wrong to wear a Nazi uniform, Iott said: "I don't see anything wrong about educating the public about events that happened. And that's the whole purpose of historical re-enacting."

Iott faces Democratic incumbent Rep. Marcy Kaptur in northwest Ohio in the November election.

The Atlantic magazine first reported Friday that Iott had participated in the re-enactments wearing a Waffen-SS uniform.

Iott said Monday he was in a re-enactment group called Wiking for three or four years — though he believed his name remained on the group's roster for longer. He said he and his then-teenage son had joined as a part of a shared interest in history.

The House Republicans' No. 2 leader, Eric Cantor of Virginia, on Sunday said he repudiates Iott's actions and would not support someone who would dress in Nazi attire. His remarks on "Fox News Sunday" came after Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, of Florida, cited Iott as an example of GOP candidates with extreme views.

"You know good and well that I don't support anything like that," said Cantor, who is Jewish.

Iott said Cantor had no information or background about his re-enacting.
Holy shit this country is insane. 

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #10686 on: October 13, 2010, 01:19:17 AM »
[youtube=560,345]7QDv4sYwjO0  [/youtube]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #10687 on: October 13, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »
[youtube=560,345]nj4uBwpimjg[/youtube]
©ZH

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #10688 on: October 14, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »
Is the Ugly Bety chick playing the teacher?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10689 on: October 14, 2010, 01:59:51 AM »
Perhaps the most through, entertaining destruction of conservative bullshit I've ever seen
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/stewart-schools-cantor-conservatives-only-limit-govt-to-the-sht-they-want-to-do-video.php?ref=fpb

edit: hell, I'm gonna give Cantor some dap. I disagreed with nearly everything he said, but at least he was honest about what he wants to do and didn't hide behind talking points for the entire interview. Two ideological perspectives were presented, choose one. That doesn't happen often.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 02:15:59 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Tristam

« Reply #10690 on: October 14, 2010, 05:37:12 AM »
I didn't watch the debate between Coons and O'Donnell, but I know she was annihilated because conservative commentators are saying they thought that "both performed equally well."

Oblivion

« Reply #10691 on: October 14, 2010, 06:34:01 AM »
So Christine O'Donnell was debating that Coons guy, and was asked her opinions on on recent Supreme Court decisions. In what appeared to be a homage to Palin, she wasn't able to answer the question and said she'd post her opinion on her website later.

(Update: O'Donnell spokesman Dave Yonkman told reporters after the debate that "She was caught off guard." He said O'Donnell disagrees with the high court's 2005 Kelo vs City of New London decision expanding eminent domain authority.)

I've seen idiots like Palin trying to damage control instances like this by blaming "gotcha journalism", but it takes a certain level of teabaggery to try and attempt to receive partial credit.

Tristam

« Reply #10692 on: October 14, 2010, 09:38:27 AM »
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/1014/Christine-O-Donnell-debate-Did-anybody-win

Quote from: lawl
So, how did she do?

Well, Ms. O’Donnell definitely did not turn into a pumpkin, if you’ll allow a little mixing of metaphors. She was poised, articulate, and rattled off her talking points like a pro. In that sense, she surpassed expectations.

It really is Palin: Part Deux. "Well, she didn't burst into tears, shit her pants on-stage, or start speaking in tongues, so in that sense Ms. O'Donnell was a smashing success."

The standards are so low it's incredible. Apparently Coons looked "visibly annoyed" at his opponent. Well no shit! How demeaning is a debate that isn't a debate at all. What a farce.

(Actually, I did watch clips of the debate, and Ms. O'Donnell was surprisingly more fluent in English than Palin, but she sounded just as uninformed and intellectually incurious nonetheless.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:40:11 AM by Tristam »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10693 on: October 14, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »
I'm sorry, if I was Coons I'd call her out right there.  You can't buy that type of press and there's not much better to rally Dems than a good ol' conservative beatdown.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10694 on: October 14, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »
At least O'Donnell can clearly and effectively articulate her thoughts. Palin can't even do that.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10695 on: October 14, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »
Do you guys remember when Russia was next to Alaska?  That was pretty cool.

I had a chick at work seriously defending Palin.  Ugh.

Tristam

« Reply #10696 on: October 14, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »
I'm sorry, if I was Coons I'd call her out right there.  You can't buy that type of press and there's not much better to rally Dems than a good ol' conservative beatdown.

But that might rally conservatives as well against that big old meanie Coons!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/us/politics/14delaware.html?src=mv

Quote from: NYT
While Mr. Coons had broader range on issues and current events, he sometimes seemed mean-spirited. When Ms. O’Donnell asked whether a company he was connected to would benefit from the clean energy bill, he scoffed, “It was difficult for me to understand from her question what she was talking about.”

That could just serve to reinforce Ms. O’Donnell’s image, which has had deep resonance this election season — that of an ordinary person trying to bring common sense to Washington.

That appealed to Alexandra Gawel, 23, a sociology major at the university who has worked her way through college as a waitress.

“She is someone I can relate to,” Ms. Gawel said, outside the debate hall in the late afternoon. “She’s not had everything handed to her.”

Translation: "She is someone I can relate to because she's also fucking stupid."

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10697 on: October 14, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
Jesus.

He needs to just go all the way with it.  Pull a Howard Beale but not distinguished mentally-challenged.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #10698 on: October 14, 2010, 12:33:11 PM »
I had a chick at work seriously defending Palin.  Ugh.

the best way to get over that is to bang her
乱学者

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10699 on: October 14, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »
oh god no no no no

her nickname in the office Leopard Snuggie and she has a FUPA that will suffocate any grown man.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10700 on: October 14, 2010, 12:58:31 PM »
For America.  For our basic freedoms.

Here I go...

:-X

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #10701 on: October 14, 2010, 02:40:08 PM »
For America.  For our basic freedoms.

Here I go...

:-X

This is you after defending our freedoms:

乱学者

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10702 on: October 14, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
it was so exhausting. i just bought 20 gallons of listerine. excuse me while i bathe in it

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #10703 on: October 14, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »

But that might rally conservatives as well against that big old meanie Coons!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/us/politics/14delaware.html?src=mv

Quote from: NYT
While Mr. Coons had broader range on issues and current events, he sometimes seemed mean-spirited. When Ms. O’Donnell asked whether a company he was connected to would benefit from the clean energy bill, he scoffed, “It was difficult for me to understand from her question what she was talking about.”

That could just serve to reinforce Ms. O’Donnell’s image, which has had deep resonance this election season — that of an ordinary person trying to bring common sense to Washington.

That appealed to Alexandra Gawel, 23, a sociology major at the university who has worked her way through college as a waitress.

“She is someone I can relate to,” Ms. Gawel said, outside the debate hall in the late afternoon. “She’s not had everything handed to her.”

Translation: "She is someone I can relate to because she's also fucking stupid."

Sociology majors are generally fucking stupid as a whole.
🍆🍆

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #10704 on: October 14, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »

Eww, sociology majors.  :yuck

spoiler (click to show/hide)
mind you, she's probably hot
[close]
MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10705 on: October 14, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »
so sayeth the history major :teehee

Oblivion

« Reply #10706 on: October 14, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »

Hey, shut up!  :maf

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #10707 on: October 14, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »

No, you see, sociology majors have delusions of being practical and relevant.

Us history students have no such delusions of relevancy.  :P
MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10708 on: October 14, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
:piss marketing majors :piss2

Oblivion

« Reply #10709 on: October 14, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »

No, you see, sociology majors have delusions of being practical and relevant.

Us history students have no such delusions of relevancy.  :P

Word. :smug

:'(
[close]

« Reply #10710 on: October 14, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »
MICHELLE OBAMA: Once again, we have the power. You know, we got this man in office. I think we're all proud of Barack and his accomplishments. Everybody I know in our community are praying for him. Every day we feel that and let me just tell you listeners that it means all the world to us to know that there are prayer circled out there and people who are keeping the spirits clean around us.

:smug

[close]
+1

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10711 on: October 14, 2010, 09:43:50 PM »
gotta be shitting me

Brehvolution

« Reply #10712 on: October 14, 2010, 10:33:24 PM »
Red flags are raised by who?  ???
©ZH

Oblivion

« Reply #10713 on: October 14, 2010, 10:42:03 PM »
What do you know about animism, Green Man?

ARE YOU A WITCH TOO?!

Oblivion

« Reply #10714 on: October 14, 2010, 11:42:33 PM »
I simultaneously can't and can believe this is real:

Sarah Palin advisers prepped Christine O'Donnell for debate

Jeez, people. Save some for the Onion.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #10715 on: October 15, 2010, 11:15:03 AM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10716 on: October 17, 2010, 02:51:58 AM »
Nationalist assholes, same shit wherever you find them.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10719 on: October 17, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »
This whole concept of “good welfare” and “bad welfare” is at the heart of the Tea Party ideology, and it’s something that is believed implicitly across the line. It’s why so many of their political champions, like Miller, and sniveling Kentucky rich kid Rand Paul (a doctor whose patient base is 50% state insured), and Nevada “crazy juice” Senate candidate Sharron Angle (who’s covered by husband Ted’s Federal Employee Health Plan insurance), are so completely unapologetic about taking state aid with one hand and jacking off angry pseudo-libertarian mobs with the other.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10720 on: October 17, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »
sweet jesus that's going on my facebook.

Brehvolution

« Reply #10721 on: October 18, 2010, 08:51:33 AM »
Non-licensed optometrists deserve a comfortable life.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10722 on: October 18, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
[youtube=560,345]DItTNM8fBq8[/youtube]

I'm all for playing dirty when you have to but come on. Conway didn't even seem comfortable making the attack.

It baffles my mind that a state as propped up by government welfare/aid as Kentucky is going to send Rand Paul to the senate.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10723 on: October 19, 2010, 12:08:17 AM »
I like Conway but damn he got ethered in front of his supporters

[youtube=560,345]Umx2b4jPFcQ[/youtube]

Matthews with the kill  :lol

archie4208

« Reply #10724 on: October 19, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »
[youtube=560,345]SC0XhIAZYk0[/youtube]

:american

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #10725 on: October 19, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
Barack Obama got elected on the sole fact that he was black

:usacry

White persons

:usacry :usacry
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:26:47 PM by Mamacint »
___

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10727 on: October 19, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
 :yuck  What a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #10728 on: October 19, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »
Who here lives in NY?  You are now legally obligated to vote for THIS GUY to be your next Gov:

[youtube=560,345]x4o-TeMHys0[/youtube]
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10729 on: October 19, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »
That dude is fucking incredible. 

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10730 on: October 19, 2010, 10:20:55 PM »
Who here lives in NY?  You are now legally obligated to vote for THIS GUY to be your next Gov:

[youtube=560,345]x4o-TeMHys0[/youtube]

I would, but I have to vote for Cuomo and make damn well sure Paladino gets no where near the governor's seat.
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #10731 on: October 20, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »
THAT MAN IS A KARATE MASTER.  YOUR RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH.  VOTE FOR HIM!
yar

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10732 on: October 20, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »
His facial hair is registered as a lethal weapon in three states.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10733 on: October 20, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »
[youtube=560,345]CkktfiBxJgQ[/youtube]

University of Michigan education on display

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #10734 on: October 21, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
Glenn Beck: "If Evolution is real WHY WE STILL GOT MONKEYS!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/20/glenn-beck-joins-the-rank_n_770331.html

« Reply #10735 on: October 21, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »

Obama went to my neighborhood donut shop this morning. :rock
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:46:47 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Brehvolution

« Reply #10736 on: October 21, 2010, 07:06:26 PM »
I only wish that fox news had standards like NPR.  :usacry

I don't agree with him being fired.
[close]
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10737 on: October 21, 2010, 07:32:22 PM »
It's baffling how quickly the right has come to Juan Williams' defense over his comments, and is just another example of the demonizing of Muslims/Arabs becoming accepted in mainstream society. I'm even more ashamed of Williams because as a black man he should know better than this. His comments are no different than someone admitting they clutch their purse or wallet when a black man walks past them, or gets nervous when a black man walks into a small convenience store. Those type of comments would not be tolerated or defended today. Yet apparently there's nothing wrong with expressing racism or prejudices aimed at Arabs? Disgusting.

Brehvolution

« Reply #10738 on: October 21, 2010, 08:07:19 PM »
I have to admit that when a white guy in a suit comes to my front door, I get a little nervous.

Hope my white boss doesn't see this on TV
[close]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:12:14 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10739 on: October 21, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »
[youtube=560,345]rdpbiXuBDZ0[/youtube]