Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870873 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10800 on: October 27, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »
In the grand scheme of things, failing to take the house would be the best outcome for republicans. It would validate the few moderates left like my new bff Mitch Daniels, send a message to the RNC and ensure 2012 isn't another 1964 for them. Winning the house would boost Obama's 2012's chances (assuming the economy improves) and ensure we get another wave election as a larger turnout of voters boots the crazies back to their holes.

Mitch Daniels is no freaking moderate.  He has the much sought after ability to not sound or look crazy while advocating policies that will continue to destroy America and it's middle class, but that's about it.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10801 on: October 27, 2010, 05:34:14 PM »
In the grand scheme of things, failing to take the house would be the best outcome for republicans. It would validate the few moderates left like my new bff Mitch Daniels, send a message to the RNC and ensure 2012 isn't another 1964 for them. Winning the house would boost Obama's 2012's chances (assuming the economy improves) and ensure we get another wave election as a larger turnout of voters boots the crazies back to their holes.

Mitch Daniels is no freaking moderate.  He has the much sought after ability to not sound or look crazy while advocating policies that will continue to destroy America and it's middle class, but that's about it.

Don't talk about my bff like that. He's a republican with big ideas who isn't afraid to raise taxes and even has the balls to talk about a vat  :omg

I'm gonna miss Huck, but Mitch is where it's at yo

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #10802 on: October 27, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
Being racist isn't illegal, I assumed that the reason Zero Hero didn't agree with firing him was because it feels wrong for somebody to be legally required to represent their employer 24/7/365.  I didn't assume that Zero Hero was fine with someone announcing their racism on national TV.

Why are you acting like he's some janitor who got reported to HR by someone who thinks they heard something from the other table in the lunchroom.

HIS JOB IS TO BE ON TV FLAPPING HIS GUMS, IF HE FUCKS UP WHILE DOING THAT HE IS FAIR GAME

If you get hired to be a journalist, you will probably have stipulations in your contract that say whether or not you can make biased comments/acts.  That's probably the LEGAL reasoning behind why this guy was fired.  The main reason why I'd cheer his termination is for moral reasons of course which I assume Zero Hero does as well, the part that might be ambiguous is the extra stipulations that some journalists have in their contracts that dictate what they can do or say.  If that doesn't concern you and if you disagree with his comments, then I can't see any other reason to disagree with firing him.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #10803 on: October 27, 2010, 06:48:33 PM »
If NPR had a union, Juan would still have a job. :smug
Nintenho: I said I disagreed with the decision, but at the same time if NPR thought it was a fire-able offense then that is their prerogative. He's better off being the token at fox anyways. It's praises that shit over their.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:52:11 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #10804 on: October 27, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »
Well his career as a serious journalist is over but this type of thing can only help his media career.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #10805 on: October 27, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
Which should be a bonus for regular fox viewers given his 'Bill Cosby liberalism'.  ::)
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10806 on: October 27, 2010, 11:53:47 PM »
Don't talk about my bff like that. He's a republican with big ideas who isn't afraid to raise taxes and even has the balls to talk about a vat  :omg

Didn't Daniels propose a hike on the richest earners in Indiana, then back down when other Republicans opposed it?

The guy's not an obviously raging idealogue, but he is a rich dude enamored with his own management skills and largely devoid of empathy for people harder off than himself.  In other words, he's the white Mitt Romney.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10807 on: October 28, 2010, 12:30:53 AM »

Didn't Daniels propose a hike on the richest earners in Indiana, then back down when other Republicans opposed it?

The guy's not an obviously raging idealogue, but he is a rich dude enamored with his own management skills and largely devoid of empathy for people harder off than himself.  In other words, he's the white Mitt Romney.

Nah, he's not Romney.  Romney exudes that used car salesman vibe.  Daniels can come off as, for lack of a better term, genuine.

He still favors the same stupid policies that will continue to wreck the country and economy, however.  He'll just seem reasonable espousing them in a way, say, Sarah Palin won't.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10808 on: October 28, 2010, 01:40:13 AM »

It was a pretty modest tax raise too, like 2% on people making $100,000 or more. He has instituted tax increases to pay for infrastructure projects and shit though

Dude looks like a pedo but I'll give him dap

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10809 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:54 AM »
You know he'd have to go full teatard to win the nomination, tho.  Whoever wins will have done so; this is indisputable.
yar

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10810 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:13 AM »
At least the main people I'm planning on voting for - Cuomo, Gillibrand (total MILF), Schumer - are set to destroy the competition. Only one I'm worried about is Tim Bishop, my district's representative. 538 puts him slightly ahead of his opponent, Randy Altschuler. Who is your typical LI corporatist Republican.
^_^

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #10811 on: October 28, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
I'm voting Palladino!

ha ha just kidding

that dude is insane
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10812 on: October 28, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »
[youtube=560,345]M-TUu9kZlsU[/youtube]

ouch

What better way to appeal to social and fiscal conservatives

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10813 on: October 28, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »
All of you NY people choosing to defy God's will and NOT vote for the Rent is too Damn High guy are dead to me.  DEAD.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10814 on: October 28, 2010, 07:08:04 PM »
http://gawker.com/5674353/

Oh.  My.  Gawd.

Christine O'donnell had a drunken one night stand on Halloween like three years ago with this guy... and he's got pics to kind of prove it (the drunk and Halloween part, not the one night stand)

PLEASE JESUS LET THIS CRAZY BITCH WIN ON TUESDAY I NEED ENTERTAINMENT IN MY LIFE

edit:  check it oh christ it was a FAILED ONE NIGHT STAND BECAUSE JESUS DIDN'T WANT HER TO GO ALL THE WAY

Ok, I'm back to hoping she's gonna lose again.  I mean, if she's not gonna get drunk and rape male pages in the cloak room there's no reason for her to win.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:11:45 PM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #10815 on: October 28, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.

:fbm
🍆🍆

Oblivion

« Reply #10816 on: October 28, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »
Computer Programming legend, JOHN CARMACK comments on the state of politics:

"I haven't paid any attention to the government at all, but I know it's horribly inefficient compared to for-profit."

http://media.armadilloaerospace.com/misc/government.htm

:fbm :fbm :fbm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10817 on: October 28, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »
http://gawker.com/5674353/

Oh.  My.  Gawd.

Christine O'donnell had a drunken one night stand on Halloween like three years ago with this guy... and he's got pics to kind of prove it (the drunk and Halloween part, not the one night stand)

PLEASE JESUS LET THIS CRAZY BITCH WIN ON TUESDAY I NEED ENTERTAINMENT IN MY LIFE

edit:  check it oh christ it was a FAILED ONE NIGHT STAND BECAUSE JESUS DIDN'T WANT HER TO GO ALL THE WAY

Ok, I'm back to hoping she's gonna lose again.  I mean, if she's not gonna get drunk and rape male pages in the cloak room there's no reason for her to win.

oh lawd I'd smash that so hard. if anything could get her to put out it would be a bbc :bow

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #10818 on: October 28, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »
Computer Programming legend, JOHN CARMACK comments on the state of politics:

"I haven't paid any attention to the government at all, but I know it's horribly inefficient compared to for-profit."

http://media.armadilloaerospace.com/misc/government.htm

:fbm :fbm :fbm

he and his wife have been longtime randroid capital-L libertarians. no surprise here!
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10819 on: October 29, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
yea those christian sidehug foursomes must have been awkward

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #10820 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:04 AM »
joke is played out like the jheri curl

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10821 on: October 29, 2010, 12:48:06 AM »
:patel

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10823 on: October 29, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
While I think certain parts of the story are funny, like born again virgin and just how stupid she sounds in general, I gotta agree with the feminists on this one.  I get that she's a hypocrite regarding the ideologies she's running on, but I can't do anything but the hate the idea that almost any normal woman who runs for office probably has shit like this in their past and it's not very fair to be slinging it at them.  If a woman wants to run for office she apparently has to wear a chastity belt and be a fucking nun while men get away with fucking their staff in office.  I might hate O'Donnell, but I'm not fool enough to think this is the kind of bullshit I want involved in politics. 

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #10824 on: October 29, 2010, 02:01:44 PM »
While I think certain parts of the story are funny, like born again virgin and just how stupid she sounds in general, I gotta agree with the feminists on this one.  I get that she's a hypocrite regarding the ideologies she's running on, but I can't do anything but the hate the idea that almost any normal woman who runs for office probably has shit like this in their past and it's not very fair to be slinging it at them.  If a woman wants to run for office she apparently has to wear a chastity belt and be a fucking nun while men get away with fucking their staff in office.  I might hate O'Donnell, but I'm not fool enough to think this is the kind of bullshit I want involved in politics. 

cosign. she's clearly insane and a moron -- and that should be enough for folks to bash her, not her sexual behaviors, especially in the misogynistic context they are discussed. yeah, she's a big ol' hypocrite and a hater, but you don't need to take the sex angle to ream her on this.
duc

Brehvolution

« Reply #10825 on: October 29, 2010, 02:04:03 PM »
It's politics though. I can't stand either side stoops that low. but to be fair, if Coons had skeletons like this, she would be all over it.
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10826 on: October 29, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
Maybe.  But I think it sets a really low bar for women in politics and it's not something I want to personally further. 

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #10827 on: October 29, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »
I 99% agree - and this story should just die and not become an issue in the election

-but-

the hypocracy is gobsmacking and at least worth a comment. She was almost 40 and I assume far along her career as a professional finger waver.
___

Beardo

« Reply #10828 on: October 29, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »
On a slightly related note, it looks like there might be a cure for you guys coming soon.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/weird/Scientists-May-Have-IDd-Liberal-Gene-105917218.html

Brehvolution

« Reply #10829 on: October 29, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »
It does make the case that conservatives are genetically deficient . :smug
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10830 on: October 29, 2010, 04:36:19 PM »
It's politics though. I can't stand either side stoops that low. but to be fair, if Coons had skeletons like this, she would be all over it.

Or if O'Donnell was a fundie dude no one here would have a problem with it. Especially if gay sex was involved  :smug

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10831 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:09 PM »

Or if O'Donnell was a fundie dude no one here would have a problem with it. Especially if gay sex was involved  :smug

If she was a dude it would be a totally different thing- remember Scott Brown's photos?  Dudes get off easy.

I agree that the whole thing is kinda lame and it's a cheap shot, but we have to get our shots in before Tuesday when the polls close and she fades back into the anti-masturbatory woodwork.  Honestly, the whole "yes I paid my rent with campaign funds, DEAL WITH IT" story should be bigger, but this is life and life loves a good sex scandal thing.
yar

Dickie Dee

« Reply #10832 on: October 29, 2010, 04:53:38 PM »
On a slightly related note, it looks like there might be a cure for you guys coming soon.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/weird/Scientists-May-Have-IDd-Liberal-Gene-105917218.html

However, the, subjects were only more likely to have leanings to the left if they were also socially active during adolescence.

[snip]

...and the environmental condition of having many friends in adolescence -- that is associated with being more liberal,”

:rofl :rofl :rofl
___

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #10833 on: October 29, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »
cool dudes like people and society, news at 11
duc

Fresh Prince

« Reply #10834 on: October 29, 2010, 05:18:55 PM »
Yeah I think centuries of gender politics are going to win out here. Anyway what do the say? Liberals always talk about sex, conservatives actually do it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10835 on: October 29, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
Yea it's lame but I can't find it in me to defend O'Donnell here or just about anywhere.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #10836 on: October 29, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
cool dudes like people and society, news at 11

So what you're saying is, you and your ... "friends" (?) went to Chili's every Friday, and when the bill came back you split the check evenly? That sounds like ... socialism.
乱学者

Dickie Dee

« Reply #10837 on: October 29, 2010, 06:50:51 PM »
"From each according to his ability, Texas Chili Cheese Fries to each according to his need"
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #10838 on: October 29, 2010, 08:28:01 PM »
I 99% agree - and this story should just die and not become an issue in the election

-but-

the hypocracy is gobsmacking and at least worth a comment. She was almost 40 and I assume far along her career as a professional finger waver.

::)
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10839 on: October 29, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/29/tea-party-sharron-angle-nevada

"I'm trying to understand why they have 20 kids"
"they have 20 kids?"
"ok maybe I'm exaggerating. how about 15" :smug
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:38:15 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Himu

« Reply #10840 on: October 30, 2010, 12:32:47 AM »
Posted?

[youtube=560,345]nnUfPQVOqpw[/youtube]

:usacry :usacry :usacry
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

« Reply #10841 on: October 30, 2010, 08:31:58 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/29/tea-party-sharron-angle-nevada

"I'm trying to understand why they have 20 kids"
"they have 20 kids?"
"ok maybe I'm exaggerating. how about 15" :smug

Man you left this shit out
She has told rape victims that having their baby turned "lemons into lemonade";
wtf

Dickie Dee

« Reply #10842 on: October 30, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »
She has told rape victims that when they got AIDS "they should turn it into LemonAIDS"
wtf
___

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #10843 on: October 30, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
The worst part of this Republican wave is losing Russ Feingold who is pretty much dead now (the GOP candidate has been surging there pretty consistently).  :-\

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #10844 on: October 30, 2010, 01:57:14 PM »
I dislike Sharron Angle greatly but Reid is kind of a tool.  I hope Reid makes it but with a razor thin margin to put the fear of God into him.

The worst part of this Republican wave is losing Russ Feingold who is pretty much dead now (the GOP candidate has been surging there pretty consistently).  :-\

It is a shame but he isn't that old.  In 2016, he could probably retake his seat.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10845 on: October 30, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »
I hope Reid loses just to have Angle on CSPAN every day, and someone with balls like Durbin as the majority leader

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #10846 on: October 30, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
Reid isn't winning. He is about 5% behind consistently in every poll this week. In this environment no chance he will magically come back. He is dead dead dead. Dems need to stop picking senate leaders from swing states. It always kills them. Only reason McConnel survived 08 was because he was from a solid red state. Being the party leader always hurts back home. Yet they keep picking ones from risky states. It's dumb. After Daschel they should have learned that lesson.

Durbin vs Schumer for majority minority leader.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10847 on: October 30, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »
Posted?

(Image removed from quote.)

:usacry :usacry :usacry
He totally nailed with the butthurt Britfag part.

Mandark

• Icon
Just wanted to lay down a marker
« Reply #10848 on: October 30, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »
In b4 self-satisfied conservative posters resurface here after the midterms.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #10849 on: October 30, 2010, 05:17:24 PM »
In b4 Obamatards blaming the losses on everything except Obama
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10850 on: October 30, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »
In b4 Cheebs returns for election talk

oh wait

Brehvolution

« Reply #10851 on: October 30, 2010, 11:44:14 PM »
In b4 Obamatards blaming the losses on everything except Obama

The man is such a magical negro that all dem losses are directly in his hands. Everything bad is Obama's fault and anything good was a failure of GOP obstructionism.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10852 on: October 30, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »
In b4 pundits all across the ideological spectrum write a variation of the same column:  "In the wake of this electoral rebuke, Obama needs to listen to the concerns and opinions of the American people, which coincidentally are all the same as my concerns and opinions!"

In all fairness, David Brooks has already written this column.  Once a fortnight for the last two years.

Brehvolution

« Reply #10853 on: October 30, 2010, 11:56:39 PM »
in b4 Obama passes regulation on the issues he campaigned on, and won on. Obama doesn't listen to the people.

oh wai.....
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10854 on: October 30, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
I for one can't wait for the school uniforms/impeachment era of Obama's Presidency.  It's just a coin flip on if they'll impeach him for not investigating the New Black Panthers or for health care, but the fucker's getting impeached.
yar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #10855 on: October 31, 2010, 12:48:15 AM »
In B4 "in the past seventy years, the party of the president has only not lost seats in midterm elections twice, so this is really no biggie."

Oh wait.  That won't happen.
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #10856 on: October 31, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »
Also :lol @ mandark and PD.

It's elections like this one that make Churchill's quote such a truism.
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #10857 on: October 31, 2010, 12:55:50 AM »
I did enjoy watching news pundits (in America and Canada) try to seriously analyze Jon Stewart's rally today.

It was ever so clear that they just. Didnt't. Get it.
MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10858 on: October 31, 2010, 01:32:42 AM »
The month of "democrats were too liberal" narration is going to be unbearable. I wish I could be paid to write village hivemind articles and drink cocktails at DC parties.

Best thing about Tuesday: all the Blue Dogs who will bite the dust.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10859 on: October 31, 2010, 03:36:59 AM »
In b4 ungovernable USA.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've been reading a lot of "once they've got a share of power they'll have to take responsibility".  But the last Republican Congress with a Democratic President gave us a government shutdown and an impeachment.  This is just gonna be turrible.
[close]