Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870684 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10980 on: November 03, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »
Looks like one of Dan Quayle's kids has won a seat in the House.

Prop 19 appears to be going down.  What about the Washington state tax measure, Van Cruncheon?
yar

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #10981 on: November 03, 2010, 12:41:27 AM »
Prop 19 down 55/45
___

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10982 on: November 03, 2010, 12:53:09 AM »
Prop 25, which would allow the CA legislature to pass budgets without needing a supermajority, looks like it's ahead.  Good on the Cali voters if it passes.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #10983 on: November 03, 2010, 12:57:45 AM »
It's going to be a miserable 2 years, but I think Obama at least is going to be in decent shape for 2012. Dems might make modest gains too. Voters just had their chance to vent their incoherent rage - I dunno just navel gazing.
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10984 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »
Reid declared the winner in Nevada; Bennet now down 30k votes in Colorado.  That one's done, too.

Lost AR, IN, ND, WI, IL, PA and now losing CO.  Ouch.  Also lost at least 55 House seats so far.

Can't wait to hear about how we're a center-right nation tomorrow and for the next 2 years.
yar

Himu

« Reply #10985 on: November 03, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
*sigh*

Fucking himuro...

You really think I'd have the ability to stop the Florida voting public?
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #10986 on: November 03, 2010, 01:00:16 AM »
It is what it is.

Obviously I'm liberal but some nights the other side has a good night. I won't lose any sleep over it despite thinking all these tea party people are just awful at worst and hypocrites at best.

The older you get the more philosophical you get about the whole thing. (although I get annoyed by people who get dispirited and just lapse into not caring)

It's a revolving circle. You just try to make it revolve back to the philosophies and viewpoints you agree with most.

Shut up with your pragmatism! It's clear you guys need a revolution.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10987 on: November 03, 2010, 01:01:42 AM »
mattyglesias
Ken Salazar's doing invaluable work as Interior Secretary, right? Irreplaceable? Just had to jeopardize that Senate seat?
http://twitter.com/#!/mattyglesias/status/29542150970
this

Absolutely idiotic favor promotion

« Reply #10988 on: November 03, 2010, 01:09:11 AM »
Fuck Dino Rossi. Dude comes off as a total sleavy used car salesman. Seriously, you've run three times and it looks like you're going to lose for a third consecutive time. Three strikes and you're out.
野球

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #10989 on: November 03, 2010, 01:10:11 AM »
California's results aren't surprising except that I did actually think prop 19 (legalizing weed) would pass.  Pretty huge turnout at my polling station today though.

Beardo

« Reply #10990 on: November 03, 2010, 01:14:28 AM »

Himu

« Reply #10991 on: November 03, 2010, 01:18:47 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2010/results/ballot.measures/

arizona is against affirmative action but approved RIGHT TO HUNT amendment :rofl
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10992 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:10 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

We'll all be dealing with it for quite a while; we'll be dealing with it when we can't use the government to end this recession; we'll be dealing with it when we can't use the government to deal with global warming, which I am sad to report does in fact exist; we'll be dealing with it when the mouthbreathers in your party impeach the President for God knows whatever reason they can dream up.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

America, prepare to get it good and hard.  Then break out the Brawndo.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10993 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »
Mitch Daniels 2012

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10994 on: November 03, 2010, 01:21:48 AM »
Mitch Daniels 2012

There's no way he can win the nomination.  Or Romney, which is what you typed first.  :P
yar

Beardo

« Reply #10995 on: November 03, 2010, 01:24:45 AM »
I love how the election in 2006 was super Kewl. But now that your guys aren't in power, It's such a tragedy that congress cant work together. Well guess what, Congress was doing a shitty job when you had complete control.

So just in case you missed it the first time.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

« Reply #10996 on: November 03, 2010, 01:24:51 AM »
NBC is reporting that 30,000 votes for Bennet were accidentally placed in the column for Buck.
野球

Himu

« Reply #10997 on: November 03, 2010, 01:25:31 AM »
I love how the election in 2006 was super Kewl. But now that your guys aren't in power, It's such a tragedy that congress cant work together. Well guess what, Congress was doing a shitty job when you had complete control.

Yeppp.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10998 on: November 03, 2010, 01:26:18 AM »
NBC is reporting that 30,000 votes for Bennet were accidentally placed in the column for Buck.

That race could decide whether dems can get filibuster reform.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #10999 on: November 03, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »

Prop 19 appears to be going down.  What about the Washington state tax measure, Van Cruncheon?

oh, we're quite fucked on 1053. it had been polling crazy popular up until now. the good news is that it, like i-960 that preceded it, will be suspended as (state) unconstitutional at some point, because JESUS CHRIST YOU IDIOTS the government needs to be able to raise taxes. thankfully, the state's constitution writers had the foresight to note that ALL acts of state congress can only require a statistical majority (51%) and NOT a supermajority, so tim eyman's dumbass shit flies right in its face.
duc

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #11000 on: November 03, 2010, 01:40:46 AM »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/senate-races-2010/1110/Frank_Luntzs_tip_sheet.html

Kentucky – Republican Rand Paul wins the Senate race.
Florida – Republican Marco Rubio wins the Senate seat by a landslide.
West Virginia – Democratic Gov. Joe Manchin wins the Senate race.
Connecticut – Democrat Richard Blumenthal wins the Senate race.
Illinois – Republican Mark Kirk wins his bid for Senate.
Missouri – Republican Roy Blunt wins the Senate seat.
Pennsylvania – Republican Pat Toomey wins the Senate seat.
Colorado – Too close to call.
Wisconsin – Close, but Republican Ron Johnson wins the Senate seat.
California – Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer wins reelection, former Gov. Jerry Brown wins the governorship
Washington – Democratic Sen. Patty Murray wins reelection.
Ohio – Close, but Republican John Kasich wins the governorship.
Nevada – Sen. Harry Reid wins reelection.
Michigan – Republican Rick Snyder wins the governorship.

:bow :bow Frank Luntz

:piss Nate Silver

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11001 on: November 03, 2010, 01:46:18 AM »
So far, the FiveThirtyEight House forecasting model has performed well. Of the 339 House races which have been called so far by The New York Times, our model picked the right winner in 332.

Silver>*

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11002 on: November 03, 2010, 01:47:27 AM »
Don't worry guys, this crop of Republicans is a lot more moderate, realistic, and willing to compromise than the ones in the past.  Perennially battered wife David Brooks told me so!

PS Frank Luntz is more of a puzzling object of unrequited bromance than Newt Gingrich.  It's like if someone got a hard-on for Mark Penn.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11003 on: November 03, 2010, 01:53:30 AM »
[youtube=560,345]SHv-EII7KYQ[/youtube]

holy shit, the announcers respond like parents who stumbled across an NWA album

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #11004 on: November 03, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »
This election was merely a numbers game. u6 of 17 percent and a large amount of open seats that favored Republicans.

So, instead of what would have been a 10-30 seat swing (in a normal mid-term election) turned into double that because of the economy.

Nothing to learn and no real big overarching theme here. Although, the media will spend days reading the tea leaves to figure it out.

Himu

« Reply #11005 on: November 03, 2010, 01:57:44 AM »
what's with the baseball bat
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #11006 on: November 03, 2010, 02:08:38 AM »
[youtube=560,345]SHv-EII7KYQ[/youtube]

holy shit, the announcers respond like parents who stumbled across an NWA album

IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #11007 on: November 03, 2010, 02:14:23 AM »
I don't understand how marajuana can lose.

Older people support it because they were hippies and smoked a lot as teens.
Younger people support it because everyone smokes and it's no big deal.

It's so weird.  It's like if there was a proposition for "free ice cream" and half the people vote it down.

Himu

« Reply #11008 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16:31 AM »
blame DARE
IYKYK

« Reply #11009 on: November 03, 2010, 02:39:57 AM »

oh, we're quite fucked on 1053. it had been polling crazy popular up until now. the good news is that it, like i-960 that preceded it, will be suspended as (state) unconstitutional at some point, because JESUS CHRIST YOU IDIOTS the government needs to be able to raise taxes. thankfully, the state's constitution writers had the foresight to note that ALL acts of state congress can only require a statistical majority (51%) and NOT a supermajority, so tim eyman's dumbass shit flies right in its face.

I'm telling ya man, you and I need to pound the pavement and get the signatures for an initiative to kick that douchebags ass out of the state.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11010 on: November 03, 2010, 02:46:32 AM »
Seems like the entire country failed econ 101. Tax cuts increase the deficit if they aren't offset somewhere else. In Michigan, our deficit could grow by 1.5b if Snyder gets his way by eliminating the Michigan Business Tax - and why won't he given the entire fucking state just went red. Holy shit.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11011 on: November 03, 2010, 02:50:36 AM »

I'm telling ya man, you and I need to pound the pavement and get the signatures for an initiative to kick that douchebags ass out of the state.

or we just organize a roadtrip to spokane and dickpunch him in a kroger's parking lot

either/or, really
duc

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #11012 on: November 03, 2010, 02:56:47 AM »
Seems like the entire country failed econ 101. Tax cuts increase the deficit if they aren't offset somewhere else. In Michigan, our deficit could grow by 1.5b if Snyder gets his way by eliminating the Michigan Business Tax - and why won't he given the entire fucking state just went red. Holy shit.
If you tax people less, then they'll have more money to spend and then you'll be saved :smug

Dickie Dee

« Reply #11013 on: November 03, 2010, 03:02:30 AM »
Just read somewhere that Texas Republicans don't need a single Democratic vote to pass state constitutional ammendments

:rofl :rofl  :-\
___

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #11014 on: November 03, 2010, 03:05:06 AM »

It's so weird.  It's like if there was a proposition for "free ice cream" and half the people vote it down.

Congratulations.  You have no capability to view things from outside of your own perspective.
MMA

Tristam

« Reply #11015 on: November 03, 2010, 05:36:37 AM »

Congratulations.  You have no capability to view things from outside of your own perspective.

He's not saying he can't understand the other side's perspective; he's saying he can't understand its failure given his perception of the numbers.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11016 on: November 03, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »
No real surprises here.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #11017 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:13 AM »
Just read somewhere that Texas Republicans don't need a single Democratic vote to pass state constitutional ammendments

Ah yes, farewell home state.  8)
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11018 on: November 03, 2010, 09:20:18 AM »
Just finishing up my Mitch Mconnell as hitler sign and just ordered my "Fire Boehner" hat.
İZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11019 on: November 03, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »

Texas is about to turn into The Jesus Approved Ass Kicking Republic of Texas.  Those Warshington limp-wristed Republicans aren't conservative enough for TEJAS, no sir!
yar

Himu

« Reply #11020 on: November 03, 2010, 09:31:13 AM »
lmbo

http://twitter.com/#!/search/African%20Americans

African Americans trending on twitter. 4% of black people voted. I'm sure the rest didn't vote because they're stuck in a red state without citizenship like me, either.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #11021 on: November 03, 2010, 09:32:44 AM »

Texas is about to turn into The Jesus Approved Ass Kicking Republic of Texas.  Those Warshington limp-wristed Republicans aren't conservative enough for TEJAS, no sir!

Haha

It already was the Jesus Approved Ass Kicking Republic of Texas aside from certain liberal cities.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11022 on: November 03, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »
Republicans just performed Inception on the entire US population. This country is fucked for the next decade.

Beardo

« Reply #11023 on: November 03, 2010, 10:04:24 AM »

Beardo

« Reply #11024 on: November 03, 2010, 10:29:18 AM »
I like how the media portrays voters as hopeful and full of awe when democrats are elected, but angry and frustrated when republicans are elected.

SMH

Himu

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #11025 on: November 03, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »
Republicans just performed Inception on the entire US population. This country is fucked for the next decade.

You act like the democrats have been doing such a great job with the country; they haven't.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11026 on: November 03, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »
I like how the media portrays voters as hopeful and full of awe when democrats are elected, but angry and frustrated when republicans are elected.

SMH

Because people were hopeful in 2008, and they're angry now?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #11027 on: November 03, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »

:lol

Texas isn't THAT bad.  Most people, even Republicans, in power realize that shit like rewriting the text books to favor creationism is insane.  The Hispanic vote is too important to ever turn in Arizona.  My problem with Texas is that it isn't proactive whatsoever.  It's been doing the state pretty well for a while, but since Rick Perry has been re-elected it will be the status quo for a while longer.  Ugh.  It's really not a bad state though.  

drew

• sy
« Reply #11028 on: November 03, 2010, 10:50:43 AM »
prop 19 failed?

sounds like its time to start murdering old people

Himu

« Reply #11029 on: November 03, 2010, 10:57:45 AM »
Prop 1 in Houston passed.

Prop 2 wtf

Thank god at prop 3

IYKYK

Beardo

« Reply #11030 on: November 03, 2010, 10:58:58 AM »
At least americans can all agree that Red Light cameras are garbage.

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #11031 on: November 03, 2010, 10:59:01 AM »
If Florida fucks shit up in 2012, don't blame me, I voted for Kodos Alex Sink for governor.

Himu

« Reply #11032 on: November 03, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »
they have their uses. too bad most of that use is misuse.
IYKYK

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #11033 on: November 03, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »
Seriously, Rick Scott, whose hospital chain committed the biggest Medicare fraud in history, is my governor now.

I'm shaking my head. WTF happened?

And Allen West is my representative.  :'(

Himu

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #11034 on: November 03, 2010, 11:00:35 AM »
If Florida fucks shit up in 2012, don't blame me, I voted for Kodos Alex Sink for governor.

I won't even be in Florida by the time 2012 comes.  :D
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #11035 on: November 03, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »
Seriously, Rick Scott, whose hospital chain committed the biggest Medicare fraud in history, is my governor now.

hahahaha
IYKYK

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #11036 on: November 03, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »

I HOPE it isn't Florida next time. I'm sick of this shit.

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #11037 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »

hahahaha
Old people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

ferrarimanf355

Himu

« Reply #11039 on: November 03, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »

I HOPE it isn't Florida next time. I'm sick of this shit.

florida sux
IYKYK