Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1880441 times)

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
MMA

Oblivion

Jaydub, can you answer my question on the previous page, por favor?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

(A whole page ago?  Weak, you know that's my kryptonite.)

:lol
MMA

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Redoing Congress in and of itself is not such a bad idea- the Senate is generally as useless as tits on a log due to the stupid rules that govern it.
yar

Beardo

Can any armchair political commentators here, comment on Obama's plan to get reelected by not creating jobs? It seems like a gamble, but then again I dont know how liberals think. 

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Can any armchair political commentators here, comment on Obama's plan to get reelected by not creating jobs? It seems like a gamble, but then again I dont know how liberals think. 

I do have to say, for all their faults, conservatives' lack of cognitive dissonance is a little bit endearing.
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon

You know, considering that the best way the federal govt. can encourage job creation is increased spending, I'd like you to explain to me how Obama is going to get a $500 billion plus spending bill passed in the insane asylum known as the US House of Representatives.  Go ahead and try, shitburger.
yar

Phoenix Dark

But I thought government didn't create jobs, Beardo  :lol

Himu

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/23/super-congress-debt-ceiling_n_907887.html

Did someone hack HuffPo or is this real...

But Republicans...want small government, right? This isn't...smaller government.  :-\
IYKYK

Oblivion

Actually, the government CAN create jobs...by becoming smaller. :smug

Oblivion

With its Sarah Palin documentary "The Undefeated" increasing its playdates by 40 percent this weekend, only to watch box office revenue decline by more than 63 percent, distributor Arc Entertainment announced Sunday that the film will soon be available on pay per view.

The movie played in 14 Tea Party-friendly locations this weekend -- up from the 10 in which it opened last week -- but grossed just $24,000.

http://news.yahoo.com/palin-doc-headed-ppv-ticket-sales-plummet-001216822.html

:rofl

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
How can she be undefeated if she was fucking defeated  ???
püp

Phoenix Dark

Sarah Palin just wins football games wins elections

With its Sarah Palin documentary "The Undefeated" increasing its playdates by 40 percent this weekend, only to watch box office revenue decline by more than 63 percent, distributor Arc Entertainment announced Sunday that the film will soon be available on pay per view.

The movie played in 14 Tea Party-friendly locations this weekend -- up from the 10 in which it opened last week -- but grossed just $24,000.

http://news.yahoo.com/palin-doc-headed-ppv-ticket-sales-plummet-001216822.html

:rofl

Whoever thought that a Palin theatrical documentary was a good idea is an idiot. Do you know who go to documentaries in theaters? Liberals. Crazy over-educated liberals.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've seen 3 docs in the theater in the last month.  :-[
[close]
野球

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment

It's like "undead". You can't beat her, she's already defeated!
QED

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
püp

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
you can't defeat what comes pre-defeated.
duc

Oblivion

Obama be giving a speech right now.

Oblivion

Damn, surprisingly he seems to be tapping more into his Chairman ObaMAO side in this speech.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I'm away at the moment, what is he saying
püp

Phoenix Dark

basically

Obama: Lets compromise
Boehner: Lets not compromise

So who folds first. The default will be averted, the question is which plan passes. Boehner can't even get his plan to pass in the house.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
if obama gets his preferred (or lesser of the evil) plan passed, I wonder how the polls will portray him afterwards.
püp

Himu

I liked Obama's speech. A lot of talk, let's see some action. Notifying my congressman tomorrow.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OKSP800.htm

Seriously, Scott Walker is like some stupid and obvious Bond villain.  Between the phone call, then passing a law that requires photo id to vote (I'm sure JD will explain how that's ok) and now passing a bill TO CLOSE DMV'S IN DEMOCRATIC AREAS SO EVEN IF PEOPLE WANT TO GET PHOTO ID'S TO VOTE IT'S FUCKING HARDER TO, you kind of have to admire his huge brass testicles.  A shame he's gonna get recalled to death and Feingold is gonna win early next year.
yar

Phoenix Dark

Seriously, Scott Walker is like some stupid and obvious Bond villain.  Between the phone call, then passing a law that requires photo id to vote (I'm sure JD will explain how that's ok) and now passing a bill TO CLOSE DMV'S IN DEMOCRATIC AREAS SO EVEN IF PEOPLE WANT TO GET PHOTO ID'S TO VOTE IT'S FUCKING HARDER TO, you kind of have to admire his huge brass testicles.  A shame he's gonna get recalled to death and Feingold is gonna win early next year.

I'm curious, what's your argument against requiring photo ID at polling booths?

Dickie Dee

Um, poll tax?
___

Mupepe

• Icon

There's no requirement to get a photo ID, so why should there be one to vote when it's such a basic right?  It's like saying Freedom of Speech doesn't apply if you don't have a photo ID to prove you're a citizen or something.  That wasn't the fucking deal.  Either make photo ID's a mandatory requirement or drop it as a requirement for voting. 

But maybe you wanna go back to the days where you also had to own land.  :smug

Phoenix Dark

Where is the right to vote in the constitution? I guess it's right near the "you have to buy insurance" amendment :teehee

Oblivion

There's no requirement to get a photo ID, so why should there be one to vote when it's such a basic right?  It's like saying Freedom of Speech doesn't apply if you don't have a photo ID to prove you're a citizen or something.  That wasn't the fucking deal.  Either make photo ID's a mandatory requirement or drop it as a requirement for voting. 

But maybe you wanna go back to the days where you also had to own land.  :smug

Forgive me for being ignorant on the subject, but since I never voted, I thought you had to show photo ID anyway? Apparently that's not the case?

Phoenix Dark

I've never voted without being asked to show some form of ID, be it school or driver's license.

Trurl

Forgive me for being ignorant on the subject, but since I never voted, I thought you had to show photo ID anyway? Apparently that's not the case?
You've never voted?  Did you only become interested in politics 6 months ago?  I am honestly very surprised.

Oblivion

You've never voted?  Did you only become interested in politics 6 months ago?  I am honestly very surprised.

Um, well thing is...I never registered. :/

Mupepe

• Icon
Where is the right to vote in the constitution? I guess it's right near the "you have to buy insurance" amendment :teehee

There may not be an explicit "right to vote" amendment in the constitution but votings rights are explicitly detailed in more than one amendment (by way of stating reasons you can't be denied to vote).

And I won't even bite your troll bait about insurance.

Oblivion: When you register you get a voter registration card.  You take that.  One of the reasons why the ID is absurd is because the proper authorities have already done their due process when you registered to vote, hence why you have the card. 

"Don't hassle me, man."

Edit: By the way, you can take other forms of ID if you lose your registration card.

Phoenix Dark

how come convicts can't vote

Mupepe

• Icon
I've never voted without being asked to show some form of ID, be it school or driver's license.

Do I need to show identification in order to vote?
Michigan does have a voter identification requirement at the polls. Voters are asked to present an acceptable photo ID such as a Michigan driver's license or identification card. Please note that voters who do not have an acceptable form of ID or failed to bring it with them to the polls still can vote. They simply sign a brief affidavit stating that they're not in possession of a photo ID. Their ballots are included with all others and counted on Election Day.

Mupepe

• Icon
how come convicts can't vote
That's been an ongoing issue for a long time with people stating it's unconstitutional.  I personally don't like the idea of someone who's "served their time" being told they can't vote.  Let them vote.  In other words, states have made it a state issue, not a federal issue since the constitution isn't explicit on convicts.  Pretty much every state has a movement trying to challenge it on constitutional grounds.

Phoenix Dark

I'm fuckin with you dawg, it's my lunch break. Beardo said he'll be on soon to continue

Mupepe

• Icon
you're so mean, PD.

Oblivion

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-challenges-faith-writer-sally-quinn-to-explain-how-norway-bomber-is-christian/

You know, I used to think that Bill O's inability to comprehend the concept of gravity was his most dimwitted moment, but I think I've found a new winner.

Oblivion: When you register you get a voter registration card.  You take that.  One of the reasons why the ID is absurd is because the proper authorities have already done their due process when you registered to vote, hence why you have the card. 

Ah, so that's how it works.

Phoenix Dark

"Just because a mass murderer says he's Christian doesn't mean he's Christian. His actions violate Christianity therefore he's not Christian!"

hm, I'll remember that line of reasoning next time he attacks Muslim terrorists :teehee

edit: this video, holy fuck  :lol
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:08:22 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Oblivion

The loneliest tea party:

Despite featuring Tea Party icons Sens. Jim DeMint (R-SC), Mike Lee (R-UT), and Rand Paul (R-KY), among others, a gathering outside the Senate organized by the Tea Party Express to urge Republicans to stand firm against a compromise bill drew only a handful of attendees.

Reporters, many of whom came to interview presidential candidate Herman Cain, appeared to easily outnumber protesters. And despite being the most prominent attendee, Cain ended up not addressing the crowd and instead watching from the sidelines.

Talking Points Memo on FacebookThe dismal showing comes as Tea Party groups and other conservative organizations are waging an aggressive campaign against a plan by Republican leaders to raise the debt ceiling with a two-tiered set of cuts and no promise of a balanced budget amendment.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/07/very-low-turnout-at-tea-party-rally-against-boehner-plan.php

:(

:'(

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
inb4 maurice tries to come in here and defend o'reilly again
püp

Phoenix Dark

To be fair, Jesus said love your enemies. Mohammed said kill your enemies. You decide.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
 :lol
püp

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
[youtube=560,345]d7GfPEtyQsE[/youtube]

ah, the furry-footed fantasies of grover norquist
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
You know there's a big problem with the GOP when even John McCain starts to sound logical and intelligent.
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
That's not exactly fair to John McCain.  We all know McCain, when he's not in election years, is a pretty smart, logical individual.  Yeah, he's a Republican, but he's by far one of the most logical ones in DC.  He just happens to dumb his positions down whenever he needs reelection.
püp

Phoenix Dark

That's not exactly fair to John McCain.  We all know McCain, when he's not in election years, is a pretty smart, logical individual.  Yeah, he's a Republican, but he's by far one of the most logical ones in DC.  He just happens to dumb his positions down whenever he needs reelection.

This is one of those posts that makes Mandark stay up all night googling just to drop a bomb on your ass  :-\

recursivelyenumerable

To be fair, Jesus said love your enemies. Mohammed said kill your enemies. You decide.

that makes no sense - if I loved them, why would they be my enemies?  ???
QED

recursivelyenumerable

Also, isn't Mordor part of Middle-earth? Shouldn't it be "return to the Shire" or somesuch? I hope the GOP legislators aren't too fixated on McCain's poor Lord of the Rings geography to pay heed to his message.  :'(
QED

Mupepe

• Icon
No no no.  That was McCain.  McCain has been in full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow mode for years. 

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

This is one of those posts that makes Mandark stay up all night googling just to drop a bomb on your ass  :-\

You're probably right  :lol
püp

Phoenix Dark

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Jon Scott's rambling hurt my brain.  :-\

Luckily Bill Nye was there to set things right.  :)
dog

Phoenix Dark

Dickie Dee

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/28/999613/-Sen-Pat-Roberts-writes-his-own-Roberts-Obama-fan-fiction

David Brooks could be the ref!

Nearing the hoop, he jumped into the air. It was graceful, like a Gulfstream G650 with optional four-place conference table. "Why, a recent study shows that ..." He dunked, effortlessly, and I was lost in the moment. "All right, that's 12 points to 10," he said, beaming.
 "A study shows that merely reupholstering the seats on a Cessna Citation X on a bi-yearly basis can employ up to 25 people, so—"

The president put his finger to his lips. "Don't speak," he whispered. "Just play."

Holy shit!
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/28/999613/-Sen-Pat-Roberts-writes-his-own-Roberts-Obama-fan-fiction

David Brooks could be the ref!

Nearing the hoop, he jumped into the air. It was graceful, like a Gulfstream G650 with optional four-place conference table. "Why, a recent study shows that ..." He dunked, effortlessly, and I was lost in the moment. "All right, that's 12 points to 10," he said, beaming.
 "A study shows that merely reupholstering the seats on a Cessna Citation X on a bi-yearly basis can employ up to 25 people, so—"

The president put his finger to his lips. "Don't speak," he whispered. "Just play."

Holy shit!

I'm pretty sure they just made up that part to be funny. :lol
dog

Himu

IYKYK