Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870675 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #14700 on: November 09, 2011, 01:59:06 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but today sure seemed like a shitty day to be a Republican.

-Ostensible front-runner for the nomination had a press conference where he acted like an idiot denying multiple accusations of sexual harassment
-Ballot initiatives in multiple states failed for their side, including union busting in Ohio, voter suppression in Maine, and an anti-abortion measure in fucking Mississippi of all places.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #14701 on: November 09, 2011, 02:04:31 AM »
-ACA upheld by conservative circuit court
-Arizonan state sen. who authored anti-immigration law failed to win re-election

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14702 on: November 09, 2011, 02:06:32 AM »
Also, pretty much every county/municipality in GA that voted on allowing alcohol to be sold on Sundays approved it by a hefty margin, but that's more of an "uptight religious assholes vs. normal folks" issue.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14703 on: November 09, 2011, 02:18:05 AM »
oh yea forgot about the tea party school board fucktards in North Carolina who reversed school integration policies. They lost their majority on the school board.

thank you based god

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #14704 on: November 09, 2011, 06:42:48 AM »
Wasn't there some shit in Michigan too?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #14705 on: November 09, 2011, 08:41:01 AM »
All republitards were shown the door in my local elections. Are people finally starting to get it?
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14706 on: November 09, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
It's not really about whether Romney wants to repeal it or not. You don't think a tea party led GOP controlled senate and house (they already passed it in the house once iirc) wouldn't pass a repeal bill? And what would Romney do, veto it? Of course he wouldn't veto that.
Besides Mandark's and PD's responses, when was that vote held?  January or February or something right?  What have they done since then?  They haven't pushed for shit.  It was a symbolic gesture to show teatards "we tried!!" and it allows them to continue their lip service.  Despite what a lot of these idiots say in public they know it makes too much financial sense for the country and the corporate interests at work that helped author the bill are too strong. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14707 on: November 09, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »
So uh, rumors are flying around now about Greece, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal leaving the Euro and France eventually being forced out.  Italy's yields are crazy.

So shit is about to hit the fan?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #14708 on: November 09, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14710 on: November 09, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
:lol :lol

Sheeeeeit though.  Sounds like the next year at least is going to be a bumpy fucking ride.  Wanna take bets on how far stocks plunge tomorrow?

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #14711 on: November 09, 2011, 05:26:54 PM »
Fuck

And I came here to chat about the tea party rep screaming in that woman's face at a q&a

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14712 on: November 09, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
Fuck

And I came here to chat about the tea party rep screaming in that woman's face at a q&a
Joe Walsh is a funny motherfucker

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #14713 on: November 09, 2011, 05:53:33 PM »
there's another goddamn gop debate tonight?

how many of these things does the party need?
Tonya

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #14714 on: November 09, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »

you know how sometimes you have a bug in your program, but you can't figure out where it is, so you keep commenting out different lines and running the program over and over to see if the results will be any better this time, and you have to do that like, 20 different times before you finally figure out where the problem is?

apparently finding a palatable Republican presidential candidate is kind of like that
乱学者

Oblivion

« Reply #14715 on: November 09, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »

I'm not complaining. The more of these there are, the better imo. If only to see what the fuckheads in the audience will boo at next. My guess today is children with terminally ill cancer being helped by Obamacare.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14717 on: November 09, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
I can't wait for the debate; it's probably the most potentially exciting and important one since Perry first entered the race. With Cain on the ropes we'll see who is best positioned to take his spot tonight. Also I have to believe Romney will finally get targeted this time. He's gone unscathed in each debate, now it's time to get serious.

and watching Gingrich bully the moderators never gets old

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14718 on: November 09, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »
If Bachmann knows what's good for her she'll go after Cain hardcore tonight, it's basically her last chance to be the "Not Mitt Romney" again.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14720 on: November 09, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »
So we're getting to the point where we start rounding up all the bankers and building guillotines, right?
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #14721 on: November 09, 2011, 08:16:15 PM »
i'M SO SICK OF PEOPLE BLAMING THE BANKS!  :maf
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14722 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
lol @ every republican candidate's response to Italy being "LOL TOO BAD"

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #14723 on: November 09, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »
Newt:  It's criminal the way the media fails to report the way the economy actually works!

Moderator:  How has the media failed to report how the economy works?

Newt:  ::deafening silence::

...For instance, they never point out to the Occupiers that if there were no corporations, there would be no park on which to occupy!   

:spin :spin :spin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14724 on: November 09, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »
that was such an epic straw man you gotta give him dap  :lol

Barry Egan

« Reply #14725 on: November 09, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
It's barely even a strawman!  It's just wordmush!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:42:14 PM by My F*cking Grandpa »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14726 on: November 09, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »
"the housing crisis is holding the economy down, how would you address the housing crisis?"
"you address the housing crisis by fixing the economy!"

:'(

Oblivion

« Reply #14727 on: November 09, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
Cain is asked about the regressive nature of his 9-9-9 tax plan. Naturally, he ignores it and defends the fairness of his tax plan by giving a dictionary definition of "fair". Yes, that will do it.

Asked what's to stop his 9-9-9 tax plan turning into 19-19-19, Cain delivers a magnificent non-sequitur:

"Tax codes don't raise taxes. Politicians do."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:50:23 PM by Oblivion »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14728 on: November 09, 2011, 08:51:08 PM »
It's almost like the party that wants to eliminate the Department of Education is full of a bunch of fucking morons or something.
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #14729 on: November 09, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »
Welp, looks like we got our first noteworthy applause line for the night:

Back from break. Housing is the topic of this segment. Some in the crowd applaud Bartiromo's mention of Romney's proposal to let the foreclosure crisis play out.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14730 on: November 09, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »
"Princess Nancy"? jesus christ, Cain  :lol

this female moderator is getting trolled so hard by Gingrich. She's pissed

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #14731 on: November 09, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »
Cain is completely tone deaf

Oblivion

« Reply #14732 on: November 09, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »
"Princess Nancy"?

What? That's a sign of RESPECT.  :maf

edit:

Newt Gingrich attacks CNBC for only giving candidates 30 seconds to answer a question about health care. Maria Bartiromo says, okay, take all the time you need to answer the question. Gingrich says he won't do it, but she pushed him. He says, okay, and gives an answer of about 30 seconds. He could have saved everybody a lot of time by just answering the question in the first place.

This fucking guy. :lol

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #14733 on: November 09, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »
Why does Romney look like someone threw a water balloon at him?

Barry Egan

« Reply #14734 on: November 09, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »
holy fuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkk this is painful.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14735 on: November 09, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »
holy shit, Rick Perry really is drunk  :lol

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14736 on: November 09, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
What did Perry say?  I must know.
püp

Barry Egan

« Reply #14737 on: November 09, 2011, 09:21:53 PM »
He couldn't name the specific government program his own plan was proposing to shutdown.  He struggles with it for a while.  Than the moderator suggests the EPA or something, and Perry says yes.  Than the moderator asks "is it really the EPA...?" and Perry admits that it's not.  Than he struggles to name it again for a while.  Than he finally admits defeat and says he doesn't know.  It felt like it went on FOREVER.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:25:24 PM by My F*cking Grandpa »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14738 on: November 09, 2011, 09:22:40 PM »
and then he ended things by saying "oops"

this fucking guy  :lol

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14739 on: November 09, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »
And to think my dad said he liked Perry like a month ago  :lol
püp

Barry Egan

« Reply #14740 on: November 09, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »
Perry updates us 10 minutes later:  "It was the energy program I was reachin ferr!"

« Reply #14741 on: November 09, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
Rick Perry.  Texas Toast?
+1

Oblivion

« Reply #14742 on: November 09, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »
Here's the clip in question:

He actually wasn't doing that bad (judging by the audience reactions) until the very end.

Oblivion

« Reply #14743 on: November 09, 2011, 10:16:06 PM »
OK then, Herman Cain turns up on CNBC for the post-match analysis – and is asked about his nasty "Princess Nancy" reference to Nancy Pelosi. Cain has the good sense to say: "That was a statement I probably should not have made."

Well, then.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14744 on: November 09, 2011, 11:26:02 PM »
OK then, Herman Cain turns up on CNBC for the post-match analysis – and is asked about his nasty "Princess Nancy" reference to Nancy Pelosi. Cain has the good sense to say: "That was a statement I probably should not have made."

Well, then.

:lol
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14745 on: November 10, 2011, 02:24:02 AM »
Ultimately, Rick Perry is going to be remembered as the man too stupid to win this Republican nomination. That is a remarkable feat.
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/11/rick-perry-commits-suicide-on-stage-at-debate.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nymag/intel+%28Daily+Intelligencer+-+New+York+Magazine%29
 :lol

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #14746 on: November 10, 2011, 06:20:25 AM »
Here's the clip in question:

He actually wasn't doing that bad (judging by the audience reactions) until the very end.

This actually makes me want to believe in the afterlife and that somewhere, somehow Molly Ivins is out there laughing her ass off.
___

Cheebo

« Reply #14747 on: November 10, 2011, 07:32:24 AM »
Why do none of them really ever attack Romney on his fatal flaw of having no core and switching sides on every issue depending on where he is running and for what office?

I mean in the debate Romney was asked about it and his answer was basically "lolz ask my family I am a pretty consistent guy!" and the rest of the field basically nodded their heads and accepted his answer. I can't figure that part of this race out.
₩‰\

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #14748 on: November 10, 2011, 07:49:50 AM »
Because they all know they have no chance, they are there to sell books not ruin his general election run

Oblivion

« Reply #14749 on: November 10, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »
I got Cain's newest slogan:

Herman Cain 2012: Bitches Be Trippin'

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14750 on: November 10, 2011, 10:05:43 AM »
Because they all know they have no chance, they are there to sell books not ruin his general election run

Pretty much this.  Especially for Newt and Cain, Newt's entire run is predicated on continuing to be a "Conservative Intellectual" or whatever and maintain his place in the Wingnut Welfare bread line.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14751 on: November 10, 2011, 12:38:21 PM »
SANTORUM TIME
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14752 on: November 10, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
This is all just setting the stage for President Jindal in 2016.
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #14753 on: November 10, 2011, 12:48:05 PM »
Newt never had a chance in hell. Cain never had a chance in hell. Perry is too stupid even for GOP standards to have a chance in hell. Especially still this close to Bush.

Romney was the only dude who has a chance and the party diehards can't stand him. Hilarious.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #14754 on: November 10, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »
SANTORUM TIME

Expect to see "is it too late for Christie to enter the race?" articles through next July
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14755 on: November 10, 2011, 01:07:57 PM »
SANTORUM TIME

he sounds sincere, gonna google him and learn more about his policies

nooo grandma  :'(

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14757 on: November 10, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
huntsman's not totally stupid.  thus, no one in the party is giving him any attention
püp

Oblivion

« Reply #14758 on: November 10, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »
Get ready for another Cain bump in the polls:

"How do you beat Obama – beat him with a Cain," Cain said to the friendly group of supporters.

As Cain was whisked out of the building through a back kitchen, a reporter asked what he meant by that joke.

"Herman Cain – C-A-I-N," Cain responded spelling out the letters of his last name. "Do I have to connect all the dots for you?"

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-cain-michigan-20111110,0,2557106.story

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #14759 on: November 10, 2011, 09:31:21 PM »
I'm sure Cain is doing this just to get a multimillion dollar book deal or host a Fox News show.  Once the wagons eventually circle around Romney, someone will give Cain a lucrative offer to leave the campaign.
🍆🍆