Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1880528 times)

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #16080 on: February 01, 2012, 11:17:53 PM »
Passed the Washington State Senate tonight 28 to 21. It now goes to the House where it will easily pass, and then on to the Governor, who has already said she will sign it into law.

HOW AWESOME IS THIS? SO FUCKING AWESOME.
野球

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #16081 on: February 02, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »
:bow Washington :bow2
püp

« Reply #16082 on: February 02, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »
The pro-pot people up here can't get their shit together and work as one group. :lol
野球

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #16084 on: February 02, 2012, 01:30:35 PM »
It's like I got my bday present a week early  :)
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #16085 on: February 02, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »
This isn't anything new.  Klansmen were working for him in an official capacity in the 2008 election.

It's why I lol'd when people were so certain Paul had nothing to do with those newsletters.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16087 on: February 03, 2012, 12:52:52 AM »
One Town's War on Gay Teens

In Michele Bachmann's home district, evangelicals have created an extreme anti-gay climate. After a rash of suicides, the kids are fighting back.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202#ixzz1lIN3xWgp
 :-\

Oblivion

« Reply #16088 on: February 03, 2012, 08:55:53 AM »
243K new jobs were created in January. That's well above the expectations of just 140K new jobs.

And it's even more impressive, since so many people expected it was going to be a miss.

The unemployment rate has fallen to 8.3% from 8.5%.

Past reports were revised UPWARD, which was crucial..

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-january-jobs-report-2012-2#ixzz1lKKSMJle

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-january-jobs-report-2012-2

Mittens better get to firin some people.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16089 on: February 03, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »
A lot of those people were probably poor too, I bet that just gets his blood boiling.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16090 on: February 03, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »
UE should start ticking up soon, as more people re-enter the work search, plus high gas prices this summer. But 240k jobs is pretty damn impressive for January, when you often see some retail turnover

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #16091 on: February 03, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »
Damn, that's the second time in as many weeks I have posted in the wrong thread. .

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:42:04 AM by ToxicAdam »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16092 on: February 04, 2012, 12:09:43 AM »

This sums up the republican response to today's jobs report

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #16093 on: February 04, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »
I love that the Republican spin now is "Uh sure, we're creating jobs and the economy is recovering but uh, I could do better?"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16094 on: February 05, 2012, 12:31:38 AM »
Nevada is in the bag. Romneymania is sweeping the nation!
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16095 on: February 05, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »
Mandark fighting the good fight on Facebook, debunking Obama rumorz  :lol

Himu

« Reply #16096 on: February 05, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
I don't even know what he looks like.

IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #16097 on: February 05, 2012, 10:04:01 PM »
I don't even know what he looks like.

Well, you won't find out from facebook.
MMA

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16098 on: February 05, 2012, 11:13:47 PM »
Mandark fighting the good fight on Facebook, debunking Obama rumorz  :lol

It's kind of sad, because the guy voted for Obama last time, and actually provided a kind of poignant moment when I first thought Obama could take the nomination.  We had all finished bowling and saw that Obama beat Hillary in Iowa, and he had this conversation with another friend of mine:

Friend 1:  That guy's gonna be the next president.
Friend 2: You really think the rednecks in this country will vote for a black president?
Friend 1: Well, *I'm* a redneck and I'm gonna vote for him!

Now he's completely susceptible to the chain email fodder and it's started to stir all kinds of shit on Facebook.  I'm actually more worried about other people getting pissed off at him (some of his female FB friends have written pretty vicious responses) than I am about changing his mind.  He was never the sharpest, but he's a nice guy; I don't remember him ever doing something to deliberately antagonize anyone.  Oh well.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16099 on: February 05, 2012, 11:37:23 PM »
It's weird hearing people who are generally smart (or at least "not dumb") make the most asinine, idiotic comments about Obama, as if his mere existence has fried their logical abilities. This is a guy who's entire biographical story is of American exceptionalism and in how "no other country in the world" is story possible, yet he...hates America and doesn't believe it's a great country? Doesn't salute the flag, has disdain for the military, disrespects the constitution..?

Reminds me of when conservatives freaked out over Obama's Nobel peace prize, arguing he would be a weak kneed, Euro-esque pacific foreign policy president unable to make tough decisions, all in order to prove he was worthy of the world. 3 years later with a terrorist body count rivaling that of any 80s action star - including, you know, overriding his entire foreign policy team to snuff Osama - conservatives view him the exact same way. The cognitive dissonance is stunning.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:40:54 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16100 on: February 05, 2012, 11:49:41 PM »
-Gave Libyan rebels the aid they need to take down Gadafi
-Gave the order to take down bin Laden
-Signed a law giving himself the right to throw American citizens suspected of terrorism in jail indefinitely

What more could conservatives want?
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #16101 on: February 05, 2012, 11:50:57 PM »
-Signed a law giving himself the right to throw American citizens suspected of terrorism in jail indefinitely

yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16102 on: February 05, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »
:rofl
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16103 on: February 05, 2012, 11:58:41 PM »
needs another flag lapel to be safe

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16104 on: February 06, 2012, 12:54:35 AM »
John F. Obama
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16105 on: February 06, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16106 on: February 06, 2012, 01:44:07 PM »
:lol
dog

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #16107 on: February 06, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »
I wish I had a job building iPhones for 10 cents an hour. Damn you Debbie

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16108 on: February 06, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »
I wish I had a job building iPhones for 10 cents an hour. Damn you Debbie

China keeps getting all the good jobs. :(
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #16109 on: February 06, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »
___

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16110 on: February 06, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Ching chong, we got your stupid American dorrars!
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16112 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
I gotta admit that site is pretty awesome, blatant race-baiting notwithstanding.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16113 on: February 06, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »
It's like a web version of those pop-up books you read as a kid. Only with less racism.
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #16114 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »
It's weird hearing people who are generally smart (or at least "not dumb") make the most asinine, idiotic comments about Obama, as if his mere existence has fried their logical abilities. This is a guy who's entire biographical story is of American exceptionalism and in how "no other country in the world" is story possible, yet he...hates America and doesn't believe it's a great country? Doesn't salute the flag, has disdain for the military, disrespects the constitution..?

This is probably one of the biggest reason why there are a lot of conservatives that hate him (besides being black and being a Democrat).

🍆🍆

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #16115 on: February 06, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »
Where can I buy one of these?

乱学者

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16116 on: February 06, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »
China
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #16117 on: February 06, 2012, 07:11:55 PM »

Note: Apparently that's NOT a photoshop.

(Image removed from quote.)

You're halfway there. All he's missing is an "R" somewhere.

Oblivion

« Reply #16118 on: February 06, 2012, 08:08:15 PM »
Paul Ryan thinks taking on Medicare in an election year is a brilliant idea.

This is mana from heaven. If Obama and the Dems can't take advantage of all the goodies being thrown their way, they deserve to lose in November.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #16119 on: February 06, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »
I hope "Debbie-spend-it-not" becomes part of are American lexicon
:9

Phoenix Dark

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #16121 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »
Incredible

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16122 on: February 06, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »
That's just because of the color of her shirt! Honest!
dog

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #16123 on: February 06, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
A shirt whose color was selected randomly!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16124 on: February 07, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »
Would, though.

You got a case of Yellow Fever?
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16125 on: February 07, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/07/update-bundlers-encouraged-to-raise-for-super-pacs-obama-once-denounced/?hpt=hp_t1

So with it getting closer to election time, Obama is now for Super PACs. Shocking news.  :drudge
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16126 on: February 07, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
Can Super PACs just die already?
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16127 on: February 07, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »
I'm fine with it. If you're opponent is able to raise unlimited, unregulated money to smear you 24/7 you'd be a fool not to fight fire with fire. It's valid to accept the money while working to overturn Citizen's United, but I think as more politicians in general benefit from the ruling it'll become less likely it is ever addressed

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #16128 on: February 07, 2012, 01:17:50 PM »
I feel the same way, PD.  I can understand that he needs to use it to fight back, but this strips him of any legitimacy in a public campaign to get rid of it.  It's a really vicious cycle.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16129 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
Definitely. Reminds me of when Obama decided not to stick with public financing during the 08 elections; he's going to do what it takes to win handily, like any politician. Which is why this law isn't going anywhere

It's laughable seeing someone like Gingrich literally propped up by the money of one family

« Reply #16130 on: February 07, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »
Not a fan of the decision, but you gotta fight fire with fire.
野球

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #16131 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:36 PM »
Unfortunately Newt could only hide his craziness for so long and is imploding.

:'(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16132 on: February 07, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »
Santorum might for 3 for 3 tonight

Romney :rofl

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #16133 on: February 07, 2012, 10:54:39 PM »
Republicans really don't like Mittens, do they?
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #16134 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:54 PM »
Looks like we've got a FROTHY TIDE OF SANTORUM running wild tonight!
yar

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #16135 on: February 07, 2012, 11:36:56 PM »
I love it. Weaken Mitt. Or hell let Santorum get the nod. He would get raped in an election. I'm happy.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16136 on: February 07, 2012, 11:42:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/#!/fivethirtyeight/status/167103089655033858

Romney is getting blown out in every aspect. Wow. How does he argue he's the only electable candidate when he can't even match his 08 performance, and is losing big time in the west and heartland?

Colorado is a major firewall for any Obama re-election strategy. If republicans can't compete there, they're fucked

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #16137 on: February 07, 2012, 11:51:05 PM »
Santorum is flowing freely in the Santorum headquarters tonight!
©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16138 on: February 07, 2012, 11:54:08 PM »
I didn't even realize there were primaries today, and Santorum's running amok?

This is the year of WTF for Republicans.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #16139 on: February 08, 2012, 12:02:15 AM »
11% lead with 46% reporting.  Not sure which precincts are outstanding but if this keeps up they'll call it for Santorum soon.  Can't wait to hear about the appeal of Sen. Frothy Mixture to all of those mid-west values voters tomorrow.
yar