Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870517 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

There's probably no such thing as sin... but in terms of relative harm, and thus, which deserves a harsher punishment?

I frankly don't see how anyone could argue that rape is worse.
What makes killing a human wrong?
ǚ

Oblivion

Where's the backlash for Romney's comments about being proud of Romneycare for how it helped women, and his comments on the issue of abortion being settled by the courts already?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama declared a state of emergency in Louisiana on Monday as that state and others along the Gulf Coast prepared for Tropical Storm Isaac.

The White House said Obama informed Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal of the emergency declaration in a phone call. The declaration makes federal support available to save lives, protect public health and safety and preserve property in coastal areas.

Jindal, a Republican, shot back late Monday in a letter to the Obama administration that the declaration fell short of the help he was requesting.

"We appreciate your response to our request and your approval," Jindal wrote. "However, the state's original request for federal assistance .... included a request for reimbursement for all emergency protective measures. The federal declaration of emergency only provides for direct federal assistance."
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-declares-emergency-louisiana-210503783.html

Modern republican party, ladies and gentlemen

Mandark

• Icon
I still prefer hypocritical panhandling to ostentatiously rejecting funds that could actually help people.

Oblivion

Chris Matthews gets a lot of shit from libruls, and sometimes rightfully so, but he brings the hammer down in a way few others can:

http://leanforward.msnbc.com/_news/2012/08/27/13504033-chris-matthews-to-gop-chair-you-are-playing-that-ethnic-card?lite

:bow :bow :bow

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
And if you were able to read back a page...
MMA

Mandark

• Icon
But he's not able.  Oblivion can't go to the previous page and JayDubya can't go to the next page, and so balance is maintained.

Oblivion

And if you were able to read back a page...

I'm well aware of Mamacint's post, but my post has a video!

Himu

(Image removed from quote.)

What a cute couple.

is that mittens farting on that last one?
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
shitting himself while riding ryan, just like his dog on the family vacation
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
A NUDE OCTOGENARIAN SPLAYS HERSELF ACROSS THE HOOD. A MAN IN A CATTLE SKULL AND LOINCLOTH POINTS HIS DOWSING ROD MENACINGLY. DRUIDS CIRCLE YOUR CAR CHANTING "REINCE PRIEBUS, REINCE PRIEBUS" WHILE SELF-FLAGELLATING. YOU CAN NO LONGER REMEMBER IF YOU ARE AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION OR BURNING MAN.
yar

Himu

RNC is hilarious so far

and scary
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Shamelessly stolen from Gin and Tacos, but yeah basically
yar

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Rick Santorum cataloging all the different pairs of supple hands he's touched over the years is my favorite moment so far. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Have they trotted out a hologram of Reagan yet?
dog

Oblivion

Santorum didn't provide any commentary on rape. Disappoint. :(

Phoenix Dark

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/cnn-republican-convention-black-camerawoman.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

not an Onion article

Mandark

• Icon
If true, then besides being horribly racist, that's not even how you feed animals.  They have signs and shit telling you not to do that.

Phoenix Dark

If true, then besides being horribly racist, that's not even how you feed animals.  They have signs and shit telling you not to do that.

She was just cutting the red tape, man

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
that shit is sickening

also, christie for 2016
püp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
that shit is sickening

also, christie for 2016

no way that dude lives out the next 8 years
pcp

Barry Egan

that shit is sickening

also, christie for 2016

yea his charisma is really intimidating.  Paralleled Obama giving a keynote at Kerrys DNC in 2004. 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Ah, I see the GOP's Latino outreach program is proceeding as planned

http://www.harpers.org/archive/2012/08/hbc-90008805
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

Other sites were saying that the USA chants were started by Romney supporters trying to drown out the chants of Ron Paul supporters, who were chanting "point of order" or some such thing. It's hard to tell in the video, but still hilarious either way.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

Other sites were saying that the USA chants were started by Romney supporters trying to drown out the chants of Ron Paul supporters, who were chanting "point of order" or some such thing. It's hard to tell in the video, but still hilarious either way.

That makes more sense to me

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
What does "point of order" mean? Is it something to do with delegates?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Yeah, this event was the moment where all of these unbound delegates were supposed to become Ron Paul's.  It is on the internets that secret Ron Paul delegates hiding as unbound delegates were supposed to simultaneously turn over to Ron Paul, taking him from dead last to a dead heat with Romney.  Like most other hopes and dreams Paultards pin their hopes on, it isn't going to pan out for them.
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/ron-paul-supporters-rebel-convention-floor-fuck-you-tyrants

A minor revolt broke out on the floor of the Republican Party's presidential convention Tuesday afternoon and evening. Ron Paul delegates from several states erupted into protest over a controversial change to the party's rules to block future insurgencies mounted by outside candidates like their hero. Paul supporters also freaked out over the convention's refusal to recognize about two dozen Paul delegates and for refusing to treat Paul like a serious candidate for the nomination.

During the roll call of the states, the Paulites were irate, screaming at the podium, as convention secretary Kim Reynolds declined to read out the delegate votes for any candidate other than Romney. "The Republican Party is so afraid of Ron Paul that they won't repeat his name," shouted Jim Ayala, a Nevada delegate and Paul supporter wearing an Oath Keepers t-shirt.

Minutes earlier, the Paulites were enraged when the convention adopted the new set of rules on a voice vote during which the Paul backers out-shouted the other delegates. One Nevada delegate and Paul supporter, Mark Carducci, thrust two middle fingers into the air toward RNC Chairman Reince Priebus and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), screaming "Fuck you, tyrants!" (That's him in the above picture.)
2012 Republican national convention

Mitt Romney and GOP in Tampa: How Low Will They Go?
    23 Numbers to Know About the Conventions
    Will a Hurricane Ruin the GOP's Big Bash?
    Video: Herman Cain Goes Off
    At Anti-Abortion Bash, Todd Akin Is a Hero
    Gay Republicans Optimistic in Tampa

See our full coverage of the 2012 Republican National Convention.

The Republican National Committee had altered the convention rules to bind delegates in future elections to vote for the candidate who wins their state's primary or caucus. This change would hurt outsider candidates like Paul, who collected 158 delegates during the Republican primary season. The RNC also refused to recognize Paul's delegates from Maine, and this incensed his many supporters, leading to a nasty yelling match on the convention floor immediately before Mitt Romney's nomination. "Seat them now!" the Paulites yelled.

Roger Leahy, an Iowa delegate and Paul supporter, says he and other Paulites had pleaded with Reynolds to recognize Paul during the roll call, but she would not. "This is the Republican steamroller," Leahy said.

All this led to the unseated Maine Paul delegates storming out of the convention together. And a pack of angry Paul fans all clad in white ballcaps left the Tampa Bay Times Forum. The Romney campaign and the RNC had hoped to avoid this kind of floor flight, large or small, during the convention. But once it was done, the convention proceeded and Romney was nominated, to polite applause.

Following the dust-up, Yelena Vorobyov (pictured below), a 30-year-old Paul delegate from Apple Valley, Minnesota, was eager to vent. Barely taking a breath, she said: "This is just evidence of the manipulation of the Republican Party. They're not even allowing us to bring signs in, but they brought in their own [pro-Romney] signs. We couldn't nominate Ron Paul. The 'no' for not passing the rules was louder than the 'aye' and they ruled in favor of the rules. They're cheating. The Republican National Committee is not transparent and does not have integrity. They stole votes. They stole delegates. They refused to send busses for our delegates. It's a totalitarian process. This is not democracy. It's a really sad day for us. I've worked for Republican candidates since I was 16. We believed the Republican Party had more integrity. Boy, did they prove us wrong."

spoiler (click to show/hide)
that woman is 30??? holy shit, she looks 50  :P
[close]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:29:06 AM by tiesto »
^_^

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Oh noes, who could have guessed that Ron Paul would be ignored by mainsteam Republicans at the national convention BESIDES EVERY SINGLE PERSON EVER?  :lol They were so proud of their boy and the way he was gaming the system, surely this will earn him a place at the grown-ups table, right? NOPE. Welcome back to reality, libertopians.  :patel
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:27:35 AM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Yep, the GOP 'acts' like it listens to libertarians to get their vote when they really don't give a shit about you.
©ZH

Himu

Man, I really feel for Ron Paul. :( I really think he's cuckoo, and I disagree with more than half of what he says, but he really puts in a lot of work ethic, and unlike Romney, you can tell he genuinely wants to help the American people. Then the GOP shits on him.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Man, I really feel for Ron Paul. :( I really think he's cuckoo, and I disagree with more than half of what he says, but he really puts in a lot of work ethic, and unlike Romney, you can tell he genuinely wants to help the American people. Then the GOP shits on him.

You're nuts if you think Ron Paul gives a shit about people.  He does what he does because he thinks it's "right" for the love of fuck.  Libertopians don't want to help other people, they want the world to match their fairy tale version of how things should be.
yar

Himu

You make the mistake of thinking I'm not comparing Ron Paul to Romney, bro. :(
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I stand by what I just said.  Ron Paul is motivated by some bizarre belief that the fairest thing to do would be enact policies that would fuck over the poor and needy; Mitt Romney is motivated by a desire to enact policies that would fuck over the poor and needy because it would benefit him and his friends.  One is distinguished mentally-challenged, the other is cynical, and they're both wrong.
yar

Himu

If you had the choice of voting for Romney or Paul, who would it be? I just don't know who I'd choose. No, suicide is not an option here.
IYKYK

Barry Egan

If I can watch as an impartial observer, then Paul all the way.  Paul is the comedy option. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
If you had the choice of voting for Romney or Paul, who would it be? I just don't know who I'd choose. No, suicide is not an option here.

WHAT IF A KIDNAPPER BROKE INTO YOUR HOME AND PUT A GUN TO MITT ROMNEY AND RON PAUL'S HEAD AND MADE YOU CHOOSE WHICH YOU LOVED MORE AND THE OTHER WOULD DIE WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
dog

Paul. I'd love to see the Republican party whine even more than they have with Obama. Good thing it won't happen, though.
野球

Phoenix Dark

himu :rofl

Paul got fucked over but I feel no tears. It's the free market: if you only have 10% of the market, even if your 10% is louder than the 90%, you're still irrelevant. Maybe he should introduce a new product to the market in order to increase his market share. Or change the name like Stringer would do

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Yup, this was just a case of Libertarians getting a taste of their own medicine. :smug
WDW

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
lol at the verification photo.

Himu

WHAT IF A KIDNAPPER BROKE INTO YOUR HOME AND PUT A GUN TO MITT ROMNEY AND RON PAUL'S HEAD AND MADE YOU CHOOSE WHICH YOU LOVED MORE AND THE OTHER WOULD DIE WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

I wish!
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
er, so?
püp

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Great to see Republicans finally complaining about the treatment of minorities by societal institutions

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo

Ahahaha
:{]

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
I bet Obama was visiting gonewildplus
itm

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

©@©™

Himu

uh huh
IYKYK

Oblivion

Quote from: T-Paw
Barack Obama has failed us, but it's understandable. A lot of people fail at their first job."

:smug

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Quote from: T-Paw
Barack Obama has failed us, but it's understandable. A lot of people fail at their first job."

:smug

But once you've been governor of Minnesota for 8 years, boy you write your own ticket at that point.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Paul Ryan on my TV talking about how Obama wants to take all your money and give it to rich people. It's like I'm taking crazy pills. :fbm
©@©™

Trurl

I bet Mitt Romney has better taste in music than Ryan.

This man might be disingenuous, but he is a genuine douche.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:59:23 PM by Trurl »

Phoenix Dark

Palin's speech was better

As expected the media loved the speech. Nevermind the blatant distortions and uneven delivery. I'll never understand their love for one of the most partisan, ideological members of congress.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
act like a genteel cac, media loves you
pcp