Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870852 times)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19980 on: October 17, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »
remove the s after the http and then it should work.

edit: like so.

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19981 on: October 17, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »
If only Romney had been born a Latino, he'd be leading with them right now!

Romney comparing himself to immigrants cause he was born in Mexico to American parents was pretty damn hilarious.
野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #19982 on: October 17, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »
Crowley specifically said last night that Obama was right that he called it an act of terror, and Romney was right in saying the administration focused on the video for two weeks. I don't see why conservatives are acting like Crowley said Romney was right about everything lol, she didn't say that.

« Reply #19983 on: October 17, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »
Crowley specifically said last night that Obama was right that he called it an act of terror, and Romney was right in saying the administration focused on the video for two weeks. I don't see why conservatives are acting like Crowley said Romney was right about everything lol, she didn't say that.

Whatever helps them sleep at night.
野球

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19984 on: October 17, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
this just infuriates me.  obama clearly murders romney last night and yet the narrative the media pushes is "oh, yeah, tie."

romney murders obama a week or so ago?  "OBAMA HAS LOST THE ELECTION WITH ONE DEBATE"
püp

Himu

« Reply #19985 on: October 17, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
this just infuriates me.  obama clearly murders romney last night and yet the narrative the media pushes is "oh, yeah, tie."

romney murders obama a week or so ago?  "OBAMA HAS LOST THE ELECTION WITH ONE DEBATE"

It is pretty bad.
IYKYK

« Reply #19986 on: October 17, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »

Because ratings.

A Obama shoe-in election doesn't attract viewers. Gotta make it close and exciting, even if it fucks over the country.
野球

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19987 on: October 17, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »
Well, a lot of it has to do with the neutral media taking cues from the partisans.

On most issues, if the two sides disagree then the mainstream news outlets will try to play it down the middle ("Republicans and Democrats disagree on which candidate did better"), because they don't want to be seen as taking sides, especially on anything that's even a bit subjective.

But after the first debate both sides were saying that Romney killed Obama.  It wasn't just the conservatives, but the freaked-out liberals.  This time Romney didn't do so well but his supporters are still acting like he kicked ass.  So the default position for the news folks is to say reactions are mixed, blah blah blah.

« Reply #19988 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:19 PM »
Republicans never admit defeat, though. Even if Obama wins the popular vote 90-10 they'd still claim they didn't lose.
野球

Himu

« Reply #19989 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:40 PM »
Why are we not talking about the recent anti-affirmative action stint?
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19990 on: October 17, 2012, 05:19:01 PM »
I'd support ending affirmative action based on ethnicity; it's discrimination for people who happen to be the wrong color (mainly Asians).

I support affirmative action based on income. There are plenty of white kids in broken down towns who deserve just as much of a chance as a black or Hispanic kid in Compton.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #19991 on: October 17, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »
except that we still know that overwhelmingly you're gonna be fucked in a selection process if you're not white, so why get rid of something that works to fix this?
pcp

« Reply #19992 on: October 17, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »
Republicans never admit defeat, though. Even if Obama wins the popular vote 90-10 they'd still claim they didn't lose.

They'd claim that they weren't Conservative enough.

Himu

« Reply #19993 on: October 17, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »
I agree aa should be updated via income. But getting rid of it period is just bollocks.
IYKYK

« Reply #19994 on: October 17, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »

Yep! I've actually heard that from my conservative friends in the past. Especially about Bush not being "a true conservative."
野球

Himu

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19996 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
A "true conservative" might as well be a unicorn, considering the near-mythical status it's achieved.
dog

« Reply #19997 on: October 17, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
A "true conservative" might as well be a unicorn, considering the near-mythical status it's achieved.

Well, there was this guy:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19998 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
Like I said, near-mythical status.
dog

Himu

« Reply #19999 on: October 17, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »

Well, there was this guy:

(Image removed from quote.)

IYKYK

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #20000 on: October 17, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
bent

Himu

« Reply #20001 on: October 17, 2012, 06:37:42 PM »
holy fuck

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/17/green-party-candidate-police-handcuffed-me-to-a-chair-for-eight-hours/

Stein also said she and Honkala were not released until about 30 minutes after the Obama-Romney debate, when they were told “their car” was waiting for them.

“It was actually a Secret Service car, apparently, that was waiting for us,”
Stein said. “We were not allowed to make a phone call, there was no phone that was working. We didn’t have ours — we had given our phones to our assistants — so it was quite a bit of work to be able to borrow a phone from someone in a gas station.”
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20002 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »

c'mon Obama, respond with a Barkley ad

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #20004 on: October 17, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »

Such an awesome president.  :lol
WDW

Oblivion

« Reply #20005 on: October 17, 2012, 08:22:36 PM »

Yep! I've actually heard that from my conservative friends in the past. Especially about Bush not being "a true conservative."

There's always been this weird contradiction with Republicans where they use the above excuse as to why they lost, but yet most of them all realize, it's also the reason why they HAD to go with Romney.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20006 on: October 17, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »

Oblivion

« Reply #20007 on: October 17, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
"Honey, why did you let The Help walk all over you?"

« Reply #20008 on: October 17, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »
My same friends also claim to not be Republican, but a conservative.

And then vote straight Republican ticket.

I might be a crazy liberal Democrat, but I've voted for Republicans before and will again.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20009 on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »

There's always been this weird contradiction with Republicans where they use the above excuse as to why they lost, but yet most of them all realize, it's also the reason why they HAD to go with Romney.

Conservatism can never fail, but YOU can fail Conservatism!
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20010 on: October 17, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »
I voted for Rick Snyder.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and might again :shh
[close]

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20011 on: October 17, 2012, 09:08:31 PM »
I'd support ending affirmative action based on ethnicity; it's discrimination for people who happen to be the wrong color (mainly Asians).

I support affirmative action based on income. There are plenty of white kids in broken down towns who deserve just as much of a chance as a black or Hispanic kid in Compton.

Totally with you on that, PD.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20012 on: October 17, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »
"Well, you want to jump out of your seat and rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him."

-- Tagg Romney, in an interview on WPTF-AM, when asked how it felt to hear President Obama call his father a liar during last night's debate.
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/10/17/extra_bonus_quote_of_the_day.html
:rofl

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20013 on: October 17, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
"Well, you want to jump out of your seat and rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him."

-- Tagg Romney, in an interview on WPTF-AM, when asked how it felt to hear President Obama call his father a liar during last night's debate.
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/10/17/extra_bonus_quote_of_the_day.html
:rofl

Haha, in the comments section on that:

http://buzzfeed.tumblr.com/post/33751329834/josh-romney-in-the-audience-of-tonights-debate
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20014 on: October 17, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's actually Josh, not Tagg, but I don't let my posting be dictated by fact-checkers.
[close]
dog

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #20015 on: October 18, 2012, 12:59:28 AM »
American psycho 3
Tonya

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #20016 on: October 18, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »
http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/18/3520544/newsweek-all-digital-publication

Newsweek going digital only. Ends 80 year print run.

Can't say that I am too surprised. It's always been the dirty, poorer cousin of Time. I will miss their cover picture trolling though. I guess you can still do that in the digital age.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #20017 on: October 18, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »
What will they have in the waiting room of dentist offices now?  :'(
WDW

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #20018 on: October 18, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »

Tablets with a security device so you can't steal them. When brick & mortar electronics stores finally fall, people will have to go to the dentist every time they want to try out a new tablet.

Who knows, maybe the dentists will even start selling tablets?

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #20019 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:55 PM »

Tablets with a security device so you can't steal them. When brick & mortar electronics stores finally fall, people will have to go to the dentist every time they want to try out a new tablet.

Who knows, maybe the dentists will even start selling tablets?

You expect them to have the latest tablets when they don't even keep magazines current?  :lol
WDW

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
yar

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20021 on: October 18, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »
Just imagine, when Gallup does the next one and it comes back to the mean, we can craft this illusionary narrative that 'random event X' caused it to occur.

There is campaign reporting in a nutshell.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #20022 on: October 18, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »
WDW

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20023 on: October 18, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
haha that's great. You can pretty much do the same cartoon with stock market reporting.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20024 on: October 18, 2012, 03:12:42 PM »
Pretty sure we're fucked

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/gallup-romney-opens-up-7-point-lead?ref=fpb

I wouldn't be too concerned. The Gallup poll is broken down into four regions of the country, and Obama is leading in three (east, west, midwest). The problem is that Romney is up 20 points in the south; he's running up the score in an area he's going to win no matter what.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/17/1145957/-About-that-Gallup-poll

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #20025 on: October 18, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »
every other tracker that came out today came out around Obama +1 to Romney +1. 

This has been a particularly strange election in terms of the national polling failing to reflect the state-by-state stuff.  To manage my own sanity, I've stuck to state polling.  It reflects what was predicted at the very start of the election season; a tight race with an advantage to Obama. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:23:39 PM by Barry Egan »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #20026 on: October 18, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »

holy shit, someone pre-empted his reservations at dorsia
duc

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #20027 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »
Pretty sure we're fucked

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/gallup-romney-opens-up-7-point-lead?ref=fpb

Obama went up 1 in LVs despite gaining in RVs and approval. THeir LV screen is fucked and is out of sync with every other polling firm.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20028 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
Pretty sure we're fucked

Obama went up 1 in LVs despite gaining in RVs and approval. THeir LV screen is fucked and is out of sync with every other polling firm.

Did he gain any additional HP or MP?
©@©™

« Reply #20030 on: October 18, 2012, 05:06:05 PM »
He looks strangely homosexual in a "Angels in America" way.
野球

Oblivion

« Reply #20031 on: October 18, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #20032 on: October 18, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »

If you find me raped and chopped up, it was Josh Romney
vin

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20034 on: October 18, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »

I was pretty shocked when this happened right in the middle of the debate, but then the conservative MSM acts like it never happened. I blame Fox News.
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #20035 on: October 18, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »

A few things are off on it, but overall :rofl

Himu

« Reply #20036 on: October 18, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »
Was that the ghost of Steve Jobs who deflected that attack barrage on Romney? :rofl He was going full on DBZ in there!
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20037 on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:34 PM »
Is this normal? This was my mailbox today:

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20038 on: October 18, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »
Ohio? You live in a swing state, so probably.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20039 on: October 18, 2012, 11:59:45 PM »
No monthly issue of Watchtower? Boo.
dog