Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870437 times)

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20940 on: November 06, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
Alternatively, he could have grown a spine and told his party to shut the fuck up and let him run a campaign that was actually viable to the public, knowing that the tea party crowd would pinch their nose and vote for him anyway.  He pandered to the hard right long after primary season ended, and for what?

drew

• sy
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20941 on: November 06, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
I'd take Mormons over evangelicals any day of the week.

what about Baptists?

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #20942 on: November 06, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »
Depends on the state we're in.
vin

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #20943 on: November 06, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »
Don't know what tonight will bring. Empircially almost all signs look good for Obama, we'll see, but...

Wow, so weird that the right actually seem to truly believe in a coming Romney landslide. Not just putting up a front, not bluffing, not false bluster, not unity of message - they've truly constructed their own reality based on this based on almost nothing. Peggy Noonan:

Is it possible this whole thing is playing out before our eyes and we’re not really noticing because we’re too busy looking at data on paper instead of what’s in front of us? Maybe that’s the real distortion of the polls this year: They left us discounting the world around us.

how, what, huh ???
___

drew

• sy
« Reply #20944 on: November 06, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »
i went to a Baptist prom once, instead of dancing there was a slideshow, and the afterparty involved some kids prank calling the cops like 12 year old brats which ended the night

their parents also wouldn't let their 16 year old son have Halo, the poor son of a bitch

Steve Contra

« Reply #20945 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »
i went to a Baptist prom once, instead of dancing there was a slideshow
newsfeed

Was it a slideshow of people dancing?
vin

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20946 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »
Don't know what tonight will bring. Empircially almost all signs look good for Obama, we'll see, but...

Wow, so weird that the right actually seem to truly believe in a coming Romney landslide. Not just putting up a front, not bluffing, not false bluster, not unity of message - they've truly constructed their own reality based on this based on almost nothing. Peggy Noonan:

Is it possible this whole thing is playing out before our eyes and we’re not really noticing because we’re too busy looking at data on paper instead of what’s in front of us? Maybe that’s the real distortion of the polls this year: They left us discounting the world around us.

how, what, huh ???

It's pretty incredible.

"Polls? Naw! It's all about the GUT! Or "vibrations" or whatever. BELIEVE!!!"
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #20947 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »
His supporters laughing at climate change while Sandy was tearing shit up over here.

:drake

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20948 on: November 06, 2012, 12:06:43 PM »
I like having a strong defense, and don't have too much of a problem with conservative economic policy. But it's the social policy of the modern-day Republicans that completely and utterly repulse me. I remember McCain campaigning in 2000 and he seemed like a very decent candidate, until that whole move to the right to pander to the base occurred. Romney always creeped me out though in that "sleazy used-car salesman" way.

Of course, if the Republicans lose again they are only gonna say "bu-bu, Romney wasn't conservative enough!". Maybe next time they'll go ahead and finally nominate a Santorum :P
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20949 on: November 06, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »
Reading up on the election at the usual sites is pretty depressing. Lost ballots, voter intimidation, server shutdowns, long lines, confusing ballots, and on and on.
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20950 on: November 06, 2012, 12:09:46 PM »
i went to a Baptist prom once, instead of dancing there was a slideshow, and the afterparty involved some kids prank calling the cops like 12 year old brats which ended the night

their parents also wouldn't let their 16 year old son have Halo, the poor son of a bitch

Damn, that sucks. My prom was me grinding with my date and her best friend to ghetto Chicago house (this was seriously played at my prom). Long Island is a very very strange place for an outsider.

^_^

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #20951 on: November 06, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »
  He pandered to the hard right long after primary season ended, and for what?

Campaign money and shoring up the south. Pretty solid reasons, tbh. But it doesn't appear to be a winning combination.

Quote from: Mamacint

Yea, it's pretty baffling. I think they've convinced themselves that Obama is Jimmy Carter and 1980 is going to play itself out all over again. Neglecting to realize that the missing component in all of this is a candidate that can actually go into the midwest and steal away votes from his opponent.

drew

• sy
« Reply #20952 on: November 06, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
i also went to a homecoming of a primarily back public school, much grinding was had, max bonas induced. also got head in the middle of an empty parking lot after another homecoming, so don't feel too bad for me.

Was it a slideshow of people dancing?

of course not, dancing is the devil, a vertical incantation of wanton horizontal sin

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it was just pictures from the past school year of people i didn't know
[close]

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20954 on: November 06, 2012, 12:32:29 PM »
If you want a good way to bounce around and read reactions: www.polurls.com is an impressive collection of blogs. Just click on Blue/Purple/Red links in the upper right hand corner to switch around.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #20955 on: November 06, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »
Tiesto wants a strong defense? Shocking.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20957 on: November 06, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »

Sarcastic post or no? For those that don't know, I'm in the industry.
^_^

cool breeze

« Reply #20958 on: November 06, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
Are we changing the thread title tomorrow or when Romney is sworn in? 

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20959 on: November 06, 2012, 12:50:05 PM »
What interests me the most tonight:

1) Brown v Mandel
2) Brown v Warren
3) Mia Love wins?
4) Bachmann loses?
5) Willard vs Barry O

1 Brown wins
2 Warren wins
3 ...I'm guessing she wins just by party id?  Haven't followed the race too much
4 She wins, sadly
5 Obama wins with either 290 or 303 evs and around 51% of the popular vote
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20960 on: November 06, 2012, 12:51:25 PM »
back from voting (and halo 4), couldn't bring myself to vote for Mitt, even though i'd rather see him in than Obama. also, Mandel all day > Brown

I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or just that fucking dumb

spoiler (click to show/hide)
just kidding, even if you're trolling you're that fucking dumb
[close]
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #20961 on: November 06, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
What interests me the most tonight:

1) Brown v Mandel
2) Brown v Warren
3) Mia Love wins?
4) Bachmann loses?
5) Willard vs Barry O

1 Brown wins
2 Warren wins
3 ...I'm guessing she wins just by party id?  Haven't followed the race too much
4 She wins, sadly
5 Obama wins with either 290 or 303 evs and around 51% of the popular vote
Love is a district that has been Democratic for awhile.  I think they cut the most liberal section in half however (my old hood) and now it leans slightly Republican.
vin

Steve Contra

« Reply #20962 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »
Christ, I just looked at Utah's congressional map.  Salt lake is divided between 4 districts. :yuck
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20963 on: November 06, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »
Gerrymandering!  :P
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20964 on: November 06, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »
anything I've missed so far?  Been in class/work for a few hours.
püp

« Reply #20965 on: November 06, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
I'm in a training/workshop all day today. Good thing for smartphones!

Also, my wife is staying in downtown Boston right by Romney's election party... should be interesting.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20966 on: November 06, 2012, 01:27:01 PM »
Any early exit poll results so far?
^_^

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #20968 on: November 06, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
BLACK PEOPLE ARE SCARY
AMC

drew

• sy
« Reply #20969 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »

and i'm not sure if you're really like this all the time or if it's just on the internet. being a miserable asshole, that is. what the fuck is your problem? and by that i mean explain why you think i'm "that fucking dumb"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20970 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »
Are we changing the thread title tomorrow or when Romney is sworn in? 

Let's wait until the Supreme Court votes are counted.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20971 on: November 06, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »
anything I've missed so far?

Just widespread voting problems and a little shenanigans.
dog

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20972 on: November 06, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »
BLACK PEOPLE ARE SCARY

Only the ones who work out or are Sega fans.

drew

• sy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:51:00 PM by drew »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20974 on: November 06, 2012, 01:50:44 PM »

and i'm not sure if you're really like this all the time or if it's just on the internet. being a miserable asshole, that is. what the fuck is your problem? and by that i mean explain why you think i'm "that fucking dumb"

I am certainly a miserable asshole, that's not in dispute.

Why in fucks name would you vote for Rmoney?  Or ESPECIALLY Mandel?  Do you just think trolling is funny or can you point out specific policy positions Mandel holds (aside from attacking opposition recorders in front of reporters or being for you having access to more guns) that make him a superior choice to Brown?  Basically, I think you don't think at all beyond a few very limited issues, and that you're stupid in general.
yar

drew

• sy
« Reply #20975 on: November 06, 2012, 02:05:48 PM »
Romney because if Barack is re elected he will be able to appoint two new Supreme Court Justices, there are currently a ton of gun cases backed up waiting to go to the SCOTUS, and with both the Heller and McDonald cases being decided in favor of guns by a margin of 1 vote you can see which way it would swing in future cases, and with Barack suggesting a new AWB as well as a new "Saturday night special" ban of "cheap handguns" in the last debate there will be more cases, possibly ones that could last for forty or more years due to the lifetime or retirement Justice privilege.  yes I admit it was a very specific and limited reason to vote for Mitt, but its an important one for me.

voting for either of these establishment hacks is a losing proposition for more than just guns in the long run i believe.  a vote for Obama is like backing up the Titanic after it hit an iceberg to hit the same iceberg again.  a vote for Romney is like hitting an iceberg and steering it into another one.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20976 on: November 06, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »
What about Johnson, drew?
^_^

drew

• sy
« Reply #20977 on: November 06, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
that's who I voted for.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20978 on: November 06, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »
a vote for Obama is like backing up the Titanic after it hit an iceberg to hit the same iceberg again.  a vote for Romney is like hitting an iceberg and steering it into another one.

Get the fuck off Facebook. LOL
fat

drew

• sy
« Reply #20979 on: November 06, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
hehe :-[

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20980 on: November 06, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »
Biden is #1 with GGMILFs:

dog

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #20981 on: November 06, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »

Sarcastic post or no? For those that don't know, I'm in the industry.

Just a little sarcastic.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20982 on: November 06, 2012, 02:33:45 PM »
It's going to be awkward for Democrats in 4 years when crazy old Joe still wants to run for President. Judging how things are trending, he will have a pretty stable economy to run on.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #20983 on: November 06, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
I dunno if i'd vote for Joe- then again if it's another doofus GOP candidate, why not?
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20984 on: November 06, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »
Joe's kinda like your grandpa. Yeah, he says inappropriate stuff sometimes, but you can always bet on him to take you out for some ice cream even though your parents already said "no."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:48:30 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20985 on: November 06, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »
Democrat Kim Coonan, who has held the 6th District seat with the Bay County commission since 2002, on Tuesday is facing Republican Joe Davis, the 4th District's second-year representative. MLive.com reports the candidates offered differing accounts of the fight after Coonan took down Davis campaign signs.

Davis claims he was beaten to the ground outside Our Lady of The Visitation Parish after approaching Coonan, who threatened him.

Coonan denies he threatened anyone, and says he was defending himself. Coonan said Davis charged him, striking him before a "shoving match" ensued.

Geez. :lol
dog

MrAngryFace

« Reply #20986 on: November 06, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »
Really id just think back to that VP debate and that'd be my vote.
o_0

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20987 on: November 06, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
I wasn't completely sold on Biden, but the guy's been vice-presidenting the shit outta this campaign.  The Dems should just reserve the VP spot for him until it gets to be a Strom Thurmond situation, if only for the pictures.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20988 on: November 06, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20989 on: November 06, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
I would vote for Joe Biden to be in The Expendables 3.
©@©™

cool breeze

« Reply #20990 on: November 06, 2012, 03:16:06 PM »
Biden is the realest President Marshall I can think of.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20991 on: November 06, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
As I suspected, Drew's entire political philosophy comes down to "THEY'RE TAKIN MAH GUNS"

Aren't you hopefully terminal and will die before they get around to taking everyone's guns, or do I have you mixed up with someone else?
yar

drew

• sy
« Reply #20992 on: November 06, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
you have me mixed up, guns are like my favorite hobby, for you it'd be akin to them banning big black dildos because hey, who really needs that? feel me now?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #20993 on: November 06, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »
:lol

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #20994 on: November 06, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
AMC

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20995 on: November 06, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
dude's the shit
püp

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #20996 on: November 06, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
you have me mixed up, guns are like my favorite hobby, for you it'd be akin to them banning big black dildos because hey, who really needs that? feel me now?

Equating guns with a penis surrogate :teehee
___

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #20997 on: November 06, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
I love my guns but I believe when Obama talks about AWB's it's just lip service.  The same way it was lip service in 2008.  I don't doubt that he'd probably like to but the climate in the country is not ripe for another ban and Democrats aren't in any position to be taking an ass kicking for enacting one.  No one on Capitol Hill will back him up if he was to really push for one.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #20998 on: November 06, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
god damnit Drew even I own a gun, and I've been a democrat all of my life
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20999 on: November 06, 2012, 04:29:35 PM »
THE METROSEXUAL KENYAN USURPER IS COMIN FOR MAH GUNZ
yar