Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1881031 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21120 on: November 06, 2012, 10:04:21 PM »
We can now officially call the Massachusetts Senate race for Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren.

W00t

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21121 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
Has the hologram shown up yet :o
vin

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21122 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »
McCaskill drop kicked Akin.
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21123 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »
fuck yes mccaskill
püp

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #21124 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
I live in Florida and despite early voting its likely the state will tip over to the Republican side this year anyway unfortunately.

So I doubt this will arise although it doesn't really matter. Republicans in the state will do whatever it takes to limit early in person voting or make the hassle to do it more in the future.

Here are the early voting totals in my county which is a pretty important Bellwether county for the state and the nation to a degree. Since 1960 its voted for the eventual winner in every election except for the 92 Clinton win.

http://www.voterfocus.com/hosting/hillsborough/ew_pages/Whats%20New/English/Early%20Voting%20Totals/2012%20General%20Election/Monday-%20October%2029,%202012.pdf

Here are the totals for my county with 346 of 347 Precincts Reporting.

Romney 46.17%   242,609
Obama  52.62%   276,504

That's not to far off from 2008 which is a bit of a surprise. Most projected it a lot closer to sort of signal how well Mitt was going to do in Florida.

Romney 45.94%   236,355
Obama  53.05%   272,963

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21125 on: November 06, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »
 :o

obama winning with 86% in for florida
püp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21126 on: November 06, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »
McCaskill drop kicked Akin.

thank you lord jesus
pcp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21127 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
Are the dems going to get the senate?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21128 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
So many Republican killed their chances this year when all they had to do to win was just to SHUT UP. :lol
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21129 on: November 06, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
Are the dems going to get the senate?

They've picked up 3 Republican seats already, so it's looking pretty good.
dog

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #21130 on: November 06, 2012, 10:15:27 PM »
Fuck superstition, this shit is over.  Just a matter of running up the score.
MMA

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21131 on: November 06, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »
Three Florida Supreme Court justices easily won a retention bid Tuesday despite an unprecedented push by the Republican Party of Florida to oust them after several rulings the party disliked.

Justices R. Fred Lewis, Barbara Pariente and Peggy Quince each led about 67 percent to 33 percent with about 66 percent of the precincts reporting.

The Republican Party's executive committee had unanimously voted to oppose the three, warning they are "liberal" and "too extreme." It marks the first time a Florida political party has taken a position in a retention race.

"The very foundation of Florida's independent judicial system was threatened in this election. I am grateful that Florida voters once again demonstrated their faith in our fair and impartial judicial system," Lewis said in a statement Tuesday.

The justices' supporters, including some prominent Republicans, say the GOP is endangering judicial independence and that the three have done nothing that deserves removal.

"Floridians care deeply about ensuring that we have a fair and impartial judiciary untainted by partisan politics," Quince said in a statement.

Republican Gov. Rick Scott, who has been critical of the high court, would have appointed replacements from candidates recommended by a nominating panel, also appointed by the governor.

Emails and phone calls sent to the Republican Party of Florida and Americans for Prosperity, an organization that opposed the justices, were not immediately returned Tuesday night.

This is completely a local florida thing but it just goes to show exactly how these guys operate. In Florida there was a political attempt to remove a couple of supreme court justices because of the tea party types. Thankfully they failed.

Steve Contra

« Reply #21132 on: November 06, 2012, 10:18:42 PM »
Three Florida Supreme Court justices easily won a retention bid Tuesday despite an unprecedented push by the Republican Party of Florida to oust them after several rulings the party disliked.

Justices R. Fred Lewis, Barbara Pariente and Peggy Quince each led about 67 percent to 33 percent with about 66 percent of the precincts reporting.

The Republican Party's executive committee had unanimously voted to oppose the three, warning they are "liberal" and "too extreme." It marks the first time a Florida political party has taken a position in a retention race.

"The very foundation of Florida's independent judicial system was threatened in this election. I am grateful that Florida voters once again demonstrated their faith in our fair and impartial judicial system," Lewis said in a statement Tuesday.

The justices' supporters, including some prominent Republicans, say the GOP is endangering judicial independence and that the three have done nothing that deserves removal.

"Floridians care deeply about ensuring that we have a fair and impartial judiciary untainted by partisan politics," Quince said in a statement.

Republican Gov. Rick Scott, who has been critical of the high court, would have appointed replacements from candidates recommended by a nominating panel, also appointed by the governor.

Emails and phone calls sent to the Republican Party of Florida and Americans for Prosperity, an organization that opposed the justices, were not immediately returned Tuesday night.

This is completely a local florida thing but it just goes to show exactly how these guys operate. In Florida there was a political attempt to remove a couple of supreme court justices because of the tea party types. Thankfully they failed.
Where was it that Judge lost his retention bid because his name was hispanic?
vin

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #21133 on: November 06, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »
Rove is horrible on television. Doesn't get his points across very well and is hard to look at.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21134 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
Rove not meant for HD.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21135 on: November 06, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »
Tim Kaine wins in VA. Dems are dominating the senate

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21136 on: November 06, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »
I have a raging headache for some reason so I think I'm going to call it a night. Hopefully I don't wake up in the morning to a nasty surprise. Night boys.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #21137 on: November 06, 2012, 10:33:53 PM »
John King desperately trying not to call this for Obama already.  :lol
MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21138 on: November 06, 2012, 10:39:43 PM »
Sounds like Obama won Cuyahoga County (Ohio) with 70%. If true this is over

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21139 on: November 06, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
Florida - with 90% tallied, Obama has the edge with 49.9% and Romney on 49.3%

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21140 on: November 06, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »
:lol I love the BBC "Well when Fox news becomes pessimistic you know you are in trouble...if you're a republican."

ToxicAdam

« Reply #21141 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:27 PM »
No one with a combover should win an election. Sorry, Mr. Akin.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21142 on: November 06, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »
oh lord, now akins moved his concession speech into a bit about how obama is a liar who let americans die
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #21143 on: November 06, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »
Obama maintaining his OH lead, catching up in VA as predicted.  If he can win FL too this will be an epic embarrassment for the GOP and a real punch in the testicles from hipsanics, who apparently turned out in droves to vote for not-the-gop.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21144 on: November 06, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
Also- bummer about macaca, Allen.
yar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #21145 on: November 06, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »
Fuck the news networks, it's Daily Show time!
MMA

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21146 on: November 06, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »
Hopefully one of the lessons the GOP takes from this is to weed out the rapey candidates in the primaries.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #21147 on: November 06, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »
Obama maintaining his OH lead, catching up in VA as predicted.  If he can win FL too this will be an epic embarrassment for the GOP and a real punch in the testicles from hipsanics, who apparently turned out in droves to vote for not-the-gop.

It just goes to show - when voting, always bet on Mupepe
乱学者

Steve Contra

« Reply #21148 on: November 06, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
Hopefully one of the lessons the GOP takes from this is to weed out the rapey candidates in the primaries.
"Look guys, we're going to have to get rid of old, white, Christian, pro-life candidates"

Yeah, the 'pubs are fucked
vin

ToxicAdam

« Reply #21149 on: November 06, 2012, 11:05:25 PM »
Mitt wins NC.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21150 on: November 06, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »
Fox collapsing.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21152 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
Dems have 50 in the Senate, according to TPM.
dog

Steve Contra

« Reply #21153 on: November 06, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »
Santa Rosa County just came in, that's the last of the big red ones in Florida.  Bammer has this, just popped the bubbly.
vin

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21154 on: November 06, 2012, 11:13:30 PM »
:bow MSNBC is calling Ohio and the election for Obama. :bow2
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21155 on: November 06, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »
Ohio just went.  Game.
yar

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21156 on: November 06, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
 :hyper

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21157 on: November 06, 2012, 11:14:16 PM »
Fox just put Ohio in the Bronco Bama column. It's over.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21158 on: November 06, 2012, 11:14:21 PM »
Obama to Romney:

©@©™

Rman

« Reply #21159 on: November 06, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »
So much for being so such a close election. lulz.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21160 on: November 06, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »
Brit Hume just said "the President has won reelection."
dog

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #21161 on: November 06, 2012, 11:15:17 PM »
CNN STILL HOLDING ON TO THE HORSE RACE
MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21162 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16:25 PM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21163 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »
neighborhood is all gunshots now :)
pcp

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #21164 on: November 06, 2012, 11:17:05 PM »
CNN STILL HOLDING ON TO THE HORSE RACE

WOLF NEEDS THIS
___

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21165 on: November 06, 2012, 11:17:17 PM »
I just unskewed in my pants.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21166 on: November 06, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »
dog

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #21167 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »
Is weed legal now?

The lesson here is: latinos hate fucking mormons and like light skinned black folks.
Drunk

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21168 on: November 06, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
not nearly as close as assholes thought it;d be
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21169 on: November 06, 2012, 11:21:51 PM »
not nearly as close as assholes thought it;d be

How shocking!
dog

« Reply #21170 on: November 06, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »
野球

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #21171 on: November 06, 2012, 11:24:45 PM »
Beer? smh elections are celebrated with some hard spirits!
Drunk

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21173 on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:38 PM »
Drudge Report just has the popular vote count and nothing else as the main headline. :lol
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:27:42 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21174 on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:46 PM »
Mmmmm... deliciousness.  So glad Warren scalped that himbo Scott Brown.  If Obama holds onto FL and takes VA this will have gone about as well as possible after that first debate.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21175 on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »
The Romney camp is mad that Fox called Ohio. :lol
dog

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #21176 on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:56 PM »

congrats to MMG's newest signee, 2Termz
Tonya

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #21177 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
___

drew

• sy
« Reply #21178 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:37 PM »
well, fuck.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21179 on: November 06, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »

They mad.
©@©™