Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870882 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21420 on: November 07, 2012, 03:20:58 PM »
There line is basically "Obama didn't do what we would have done so he is to be impeached!"
©ZH

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21421 on: November 07, 2012, 03:27:41 PM »
My mom didn't like Bush politically but liked that he was a strong Christian, and loved his Texan charm which reminded her of our southern family members; she was rather indifferent about McCain.

The funny thing is I think Romney would have been a far more competent president than say George Bush to pick a recent example. And I was one of the biggest George Bush haters going but it was more based on his policies. Bush was certainly the more "fun" candidate and more personable than his two democratic opponents. Bush inspired both a sense of pity and that "he don't know no better" and that's why he sucks sort of feeling towards him despite his rage inducing incompetency.

Romney is much smarter, much more calculated, and therefore much more phoney. So the dislike of him from certain quarters is palpable because he knows better but is still going to lie to you, to try to get the job.

Personally I disliked McCain the most. Because surprisingly I think he is/was a bigger phony than Romney is and less competent to boot.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:35:43 PM by Stoney Mason »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21422 on: November 07, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »
Obama's America:

It will soon be illegal to oppose same-sex marriage, even for Christians. The media will become even more brazen in covering up for the president and shaming those who don’t agree. Our debt will mount, and our credit rating will fall. In a couple hundred years, America’s heavily censored school textbooks will record conservatism as a freak aberration. It will get a couple pages between the chapters on FDR and Barack Obama.

:drool :drool :drool
©@©™

archie4208

« Reply #21423 on: November 07, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »
Obama's America:

It will soon be illegal to oppose same-sex marriage, even for Christians. The media will become even more brazen in covering up for the president and shaming those who don’t agree. Our debt will mount, and our credit rating will fall. In a couple hundred years, America’s heavily censored school textbooks will record conservatism as a freak aberration. It will get a couple pages between the chapters on FDR and Barack Obama.

The liburl media will make Reagan seem like a monster.  :'(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21424 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:08 PM »
Obama's America:

The liburl media will make Reagan seem like a monster.  :'(

They might even be given carte blanche to mention Iran-Contra! :omg
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #21425 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »
Obama's America:

It's God's will.
©ZH

« Reply #21426 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »
Benghazi is such a fucking dud of an issue. And Obamacare is too until they can actually mount something that is even vaguely reminiscent of a substantive policy issue in regards to its implementation that isn't "This is big government takeover of a broken and vital industry!" When Romney argued in the first debate that his non-specific plan to fix health care while repealing Obamacare had all of the good things of Obama's plan with none of the big government pitfalls -- which was obviously false -- just showed their problems.

This is a meaningless observation, but personally I really think that the Romney momentum might have had a slight chance of continuing if he and Ryan had any idea how to follow up on the vague, meaningless nonsense that Romney peddled effectively in the first debate. He certainly convinced people in Denver that he had enough confidence to lay out goals, but there was no specifics to back it up. Perhaps Obamacare is terrible, but it's actually a well-documented approach to health care reform. "The private industry is better than the federal government" is simply a philosophy, not actual policy. How -- besides having blind faith in the invisible hand of the free market -- will that actually work versus what Obama has actually passed?

How the fuck was that tax cut going to work? "We'll roll up our sleeves and come to a bi-partisan agreement" is certainly an enviable approach, but what is one specific solution that a bi-partisan group might come up with?

Sorry, just kind of rambling at this point.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21427 on: November 07, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/07/brooks-obamas-very-clean-administration-scandal-free-first-term-signs-of-whats-to-come

I knew when I saw this headline, the comment section was gonna be pure 24k gold. :lol
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21428 on: November 07, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »
Lots of "scandals," but not very many scandals.
dog

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21429 on: November 07, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/presidential-social-votes-show-changing-mindsets-185411474--election.html
Voters were more ideologically polarized than in 2008 or 2004. The share of moderates dipped slightly to 41 percent, while 25 percent called themselves liberal, the highest share saying so in recent surveys of voters as they leave their polling places. Thirty-five percent called themselves conservative, about the same as the previous two presidential contests.

I thought this was pretty interesting how it seems like moderates are becoming liberals. I know I used to be a pretty staunch moderate, even back when I was in a liberal arts college hanging out with a bunch of Bush-hating eco-hippies, but I now consider myself to be pretty liberal. But this is probably more to do with how the goal posts seem to have been shifted right on what constitutes a liberal/conservative (done by both parties) more than anything.
WDW

« Reply #21430 on: November 07, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
I thought this was pretty interesting how it seems like moderates are becoming liberals. I know I used to be a pretty staunch moderate, even back when I was in a liberal arts college hanging out with a bunch of Bush-hating eco-hippies, but I now consider myself to be pretty liberal. But this is probably more to do with how the goal posts seem to have been shifted right on what constitutes a liberal/conservative (done by both parties) more than anything.

Yeah, the fact that so many in this nation perceive Obama as some sort of radical Marxist the likes of which has never been seen tells us a lot about how left vs. right is determined in this nation.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21431 on: November 07, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #21432 on: November 07, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
©ZH

etiolate

« Reply #21433 on: November 07, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
I am slightly interested to see if Republicans remold their image or adjust their approach. I agree that it won't happen for the midterm elections, but I do feel their relationship with media outlets has started to hurt them. Fox News and conservative radio need to make money. Conservative media outlet  interests and the way they go about it won't always align with actually winning a presidential election. Shock is better for tv ratings than it is for poll results.  It might be time for the GOP and its candidates to be the voice of the GOP instead of just the guest that day on Fox News.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #21434 on: November 07, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
I am slightly interested to see if Republicans remold their image or adjust their approach. I agree that it won't happen for the midterm elections, but I do feel their relationship with media outlets has started to hurt them. Fox News and conservative radio need to make money. Conservative media outlet  interests and the way they go about it won't always align with actually winning a presidential election. Shock is better for tv ratings than it is for poll results.  It might be time for the GOP and its candidates to be the voice of the GOP instead of just the guest that day on Fox News.

Don't think its gonna happen. It takes an utter collapse with a party for that to happen and the Republicans aren't there yet. They'll weather the slow decline until it gets really really really bad. They still think its the messaging, and getting the proper candidate to espouse it.

In other words they haven't hit their Michael Dukakis low point yet.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I liked Michael Dukakis  :'(
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21435 on: November 07, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »
we're talking about angry-ass old white dudes who think the world owes them everything; dont see them changing any time soon
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21437 on: November 07, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »
Given how insane the right is going over Benghazi I don't see them moderating

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #21438 on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »

Don't think its gonna happen. It takes an utter collapse with a party for that to happen and the Republicans aren't there yet. They'll weather the slow decline until it gets really really really bad. They still think its the messaging, and getting the proper candidate to espouse it.

In other words they haven't hit their Michael Dukakis low point yet.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I liked Michael Dukakis  :'(
[close]

Yeah, I was hopeful this would lead to change, but apparently some in the Romney camp are blaming their loss on not talking about Obamacare and Benghazi enough, which is just :spin
乱学者

Oblivion

« Reply #21439 on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:24 PM »
Alan Grayson won his seat back!! :rock

Wait, WHAT?  :o :o :o :o

« Reply #21440 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »
we're talking about angry-ass old white dudes who think the world owes them everything; dont see them changing any time soon

I would change that to "who erroneously think they single-handedly earned everything they've gotten/will ever get."

Oblivion

« Reply #21441 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
1. PPP (D)
1. Daily Kos/SEIU/PPP
3. YouGov
4. Ipsos/Reuters
5. Purple Strategies
6. NBC/WSJ
6. CBS/NYT
6. YouGov/Economist
9. UPI/CVOTER
10. IBD/TIPP
11. Angus-Reid
12. ABC/WP
13. Pew Research
13. Hartford Courant/UConn
15. CNN/ORC
15. Monmouth/SurveyUSA
15. Politico/GWU/Battleground
15. FOX News
15. Washington Times/JZ Analytics
15. Newsmax/JZ Analytics
15. American Research Group
15. Gravis Marketing
23. Democracy Corps (D)
24. Rasmussen
24. Gallup
26. NPR
27. National Journal
28. AP/GfK

:rofl Gallup

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21442 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:40 PM »

I would change that to "who erroneously think they single-handedly earned everything they've gotten/will ever get."

yeah more like that, & that they feel entitled to it all
pcp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21444 on: November 07, 2012, 05:47:35 PM »
why haven't they called florida yet?
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21445 on: November 07, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »
They're counting the provisional ballots now. Miami-Dade is 100% in I think. If Obama can keep above a .6% lead there won't be a recount

332 to 206. Despite 8% unemployment for most of the year and inconsistent job growth. Obama is very talented, and very popular...but he's also lucky as fuck in terms of facing bad opponents. He's been clowning them since 2006

Oblivion

« Reply #21446 on: November 07, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21447 on: November 07, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »

come on 51

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21448 on: November 07, 2012, 06:14:35 PM »
I'd like to see it happen.  Get some new democrats in both the house and senate
püp

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #21449 on: November 07, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
Why do people keep suggesting a circle? Make it a star comprised of smaller stars. 51 of them.

That's harder for grade school kids to draw.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21450 on: November 07, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
The circle looks like a globe.  It plays into American imperialism. 

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21451 on: November 07, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »
If you look at that circle it kind of looks like a star, with pizza wedges filling in the negative space.
WDW

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #21452 on: November 07, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
And after this election, I really want to punch some of my European friends who claim there is no racism there in the face.
vin

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #21453 on: November 07, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21454 on: November 07, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »
Man, you know what this thread is missing?  All the conservative posters who get driven away by constant berating, and who would have come back to make a few smug posts if Romney had won.  Oh well, maybe they're still lurking.  Maybe next time, siamesedreamer et al!

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #21455 on: November 07, 2012, 07:56:45 PM »
I dont know anything about Romney, but this place is gonna be so funny in November.  :lol Cant wait.

oh yea, this guy was def planning some drive-by snark.

Oblivion

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #21457 on: November 07, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »
http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

The subtitle is the best:

Time to tell any Democrats you know to fuck off and die
vin

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #21458 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »
As if  Bush won both his elections with blow-outs

and he went on to claim a "mandate" to do what the feck he wanted with half the vote.

BU BU BU BU BU BU BU BU BU BU BU.

here's the problem : a large chunk of uneducated americans have been saved from themselves and they will never ever thank the voters who saved them from themselves, rather they'd want Bamsy to be spit roasted and have a white guy in charge who would send them forever into an education black hole but hey AT LEAST HE BELIEVES IN JESUS* (* not quite our jesus but better than that other guy!)

O=X

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21459 on: November 07, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
Just watched some of Morning Joe and saw Tim Kaine's interview. He mentioned his proposal on the Bush tax cuts, and it was different from the first compromise he floated a few months ago (raise the lower end tax cut to include $300k and below, end the higher end tax cut). On the show he proposed raising the rate to $500k - so income above that rate would be taxed at the higher end Clinton levels. Apparently it would produce half a trillion revenue in a decade.

Thoughts? I don't believe Obama will simply let the rates expire. I would be fine with increasing the income minimum to $300k, with everything above that being raised to the Clinton tax rate. I might even be fine with $400k, although I'd bite my lip. Personally I'd love for all the rates to simply expire, and then re-pass the lower income minimum of $250k but I doubt that will happen.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #21460 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »
For those of you who missed this bit of comedy last night:

Saw this live, was a amazed

Then they dove right into popular vote nail biting. Please tell me Romney finished with 47%

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21461 on: November 07, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »
http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

However, for me, I'm choosing another rather unique path; a personal boycott, if you will. Starting early this morning, I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt

His former friends sound like they're really missing out.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21462 on: November 07, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
ayo duns when do we get a second thread? 500 pages..

http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21463 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

We need that woman on the right as an emoticon! :lol

:whitepeoplecry
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21464 on: November 07, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »

This thread started with the Obama inauguration, so maybe for his second inauguration. Symmetry!
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

huckleberry

wub

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21467 on: November 08, 2012, 12:28:43 AM »
I kinda hate white people
püp

Brehvolution

« Reply #21468 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »
Goddamn conservatives are sooooore losers. Any ill will any of you receive should be met with more vociferous contempt of their standing. They think they can bully you. It's just another side of history they are wrong. Stand up for yourselves. Don't take shit from anyone.
©ZH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #21469 on: November 08, 2012, 12:50:43 AM »
i got my guns
duc

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21470 on: November 08, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »
Not for long you don't!

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #21471 on: November 08, 2012, 12:56:39 AM »
me and drew gunna fukk as the sun sets
duc

Oblivion

« Reply #21472 on: November 08, 2012, 01:53:55 AM »

However, for me, I'm choosing another rather unique path; a personal boycott, if you will. Starting early this morning, I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt

Seems a tad extreme.

Granted, I've cut of ties with my previous right wing roommates, but that was for practical reasons, not personal.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21473 on: November 08, 2012, 02:20:39 AM »
WDW

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21474 on: November 08, 2012, 02:25:35 AM »

Wonder how this person is doing.
WDW

Fifstar

« Reply #21475 on: November 08, 2012, 04:20:59 AM »

:rofl

That post was amazing from start to finish. I loved "Only Nazis support Seat Belt laws".
Gulp

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #21476 on: November 08, 2012, 05:04:56 AM »
I offer my opinion...I don't CARE if you like it or not. ***Thank you for all the VIEWS you Ron Paul loving douchebags!!! The views, unlike YOU, will REMAIN on my channel forever. Ha. Ha. Ha.*** Thanks a bunch, Paulqaeda.

Paulqeada!
Tonya

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #21477 on: November 08, 2012, 05:45:40 AM »
http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2012-11-08-1.html

i'm certain the author of beloved children's book "Ender's War" has some insightful words about the election and media coverage of the president.

but really it's all amazing

Now America has only two choices.

One choice is for the Republican House to investigate Benghazi, struggling to expose the truth about Barack Obama's high crimes and misdemeanors, both in his culpable negligence during the attack on our consulate, and in his repeated lies afterward to try to conceal his malfeasance.

You will, of course, support the Beloved Leader in his stonewalling, his refusal to supply documents. You will treat all his lies as if they were not lies; you will ignore the story as much as possible, calling it "old news."

Above all, you will attack the Republican Congressmen as you attacked Kenneth Starr, making them pay such a high price for trying to do your job and uncover the truth that they may well give up. You know, the way you all fell in line to attack Romney for criticizing the administration's response to the attacks on our embassy and consulate.

On the other hand, inside the military, the CIA, and the State Department, there are a lot of angry public servants who now understand that the Beloved Leader does not care about them, that he will abandon them to our enemies, that he will not protect them from terrorists if it isn't politically useful to him.

These disillusioned, angry people will make sure that the evidence is given to the Republicans in the House, and the genuine reporters at Fox News, and the real journalists scattered here and there across the country, and the bloggers on the internet who are unafraid of the truth.

Oh, you'll sneer at or vilify them all, when they do your job and tell the truth about the Beloved Leader.

Still, it's possible that we will be able to impeach this lying incompetent president that is getting a second term only because of your cooperation with his lies. It's possible that we can undo the damage you have done.

But far more likely is the other alternative -- that, faced with your monolithic groupthink, your insistent flacking for the Beloved Leader, your dishonesty that is equal to his dishonesty, your emulation of Pravda, the Republicans in Congress will give up, Fox News will drop the story, it will all go away, and the Beloved Leader will continue in power.

Then, when his appeasement of our enemies results in a nuclear explosion in Tel Aviv ...

When more and more Al-Qaeda-style attacks kill more Jews and more Americans around the world ...

When Obama's incompetent and anti-scientific economic policies have the consequences that such policies always have, and the American economy collapses under the weight of debts and entitlements ...

When Obama's crushing policies result in American healthcare sinking to the low level of service, the endless waiting lists, the needless death and suffering in the name of "fairness" that already afflict Europeans and Canadians ...

When the burden of ever-steeper taxes moves capital and industry and innovation to other countries ...

Will you step forward and take responsibility, and say, "We should have known; in fact we did know, but we did not tell you"?

Will you accept accountability for your lies and omissions in support of the Beloved Leader, for your slanders of the opponents of the Beloved Leader, for your having put your ideology and group loyalty above any notion of truth and honor?
Tonya

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #21478 on: November 08, 2012, 05:53:27 AM »

Seems a tad extreme.

Granted, I've cut of ties with my previous right wing roommates, but that was for practical reasons, not personal.

I defriended about a dozen people since yesterday.  Granted they were all Nobama and shit before but never this intolerable; now they are just foaming at the mouth angry.  I suspect that this Benghazi thing is something they're going to whine and drag out for the duration of Obongo's second term.  I wouldn't doubt it if the House tries to look into impeaching him or at least threatening to do so.

🍆🍆

Oblivion

« Reply #21479 on: November 08, 2012, 05:53:36 AM »
Was going great til this part:

Then, when his appeasement of our enemies results in a nuclear explosion in Tel Aviv ...

Think he meant from Tel Aviv?