Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1870524 times)

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Re: so, Obama is president
« Reply #2160 on: March 04, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »
Do you see the look of horror on the Presidential portrait in the background?

:lol

I love how some of them didn't even dress up for a white house visit. The dude may be his uncle or whatever but jeans at a white house event? haha

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #2161 on: March 04, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »
There's a bigger photo on the Daily Mail site where the face looks normal.  :(

But it also has some wonderful comments from Daily Mail readers about how it looks like Zimbabwe and how SOON ALL OF THE UK WILL LOOK LIKE THIS and these comments are rated highly.

wtc

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2162 on: March 04, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »
I want Andrea Tantaros to have my babies.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2163 on: March 04, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »

Yeah, that would be one awesome hatefuck on my part.  One of us would never walk the same again, is all I'm saying.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2164 on: March 04, 2009, 10:33:06 PM »
I'll take that black republican on MSNBC, uh Michelle Bernard  :drool

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2165 on: March 04, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »
I'll take that black republican on MSNBC, uh Michelle Bernard  :drool

Ugh, she's homely as fuck.  If you want to fuck a black republican, go with Amy Holmes.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2166 on: March 04, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »
Ew no thanks  :yuck

There's another black Michelle (it's pronounced mee-shell I think) on msnbc sometimes...black, can't remember her name. total milf/possible gilf

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2167 on: March 04, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »
Ew no thanks  :yuck

There's another black Michelle (it's pronounced mee-shell I think) on msnbc sometimes...black, can't remember her name. total milf/possible gilf

Meshell Norris, I think.

And wtf at you not wanting to nail Amy Holmes?  Michelle Bernard has a total manface.
yar

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2168 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »
Andrea Tantaros: <gettin' it hard>

Andrea Tantaros: <turns around>

Andrea Tantaros: Daddy?...DADDY!?!?

Guy in Clown Makeup: Durr :bawl

spoiler (click to show/hide)
try and un-see it
[close]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:52:02 PM by Mamacint »
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2169 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »
yea Meshell Norris omgg so hot.

Amy Holmes is alright looking, but so damn obnoxious. At least Bernard is a good troll at times

Cheebs

« Reply #2170 on: March 04, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
In terms of looks Holmes >>>>>>>> Bernard

But Bernard is lot smarter of a Republican than Holmes.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2171 on: March 04, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »
yea Meshell Norris omgg so hot.

Amy Holmes is alright looking, but so damn obnoxious. At least Bernard is a good troll at times

Again, the internet has warped your fragile homeskoold mind, Maurice.  You don't pick who you want to fuck based on their trolling skillz.  Jesus!  You're fucking hopeless, no wonder you can't get any in fucking college when you have your own house.

Cheeb-o:  neither of them will cop to being Republicans, just "conservative independents".  Holmes has stated that she's a lot less socially conservative than most Republicans and Bernard is just an immigrant that hates government.
yar

Cheebs

« Reply #2172 on: March 04, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
PD you pick her:

over her?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2173 on: March 04, 2009, 11:01:11 PM »
Well, it shouldn't really surprise us at this point, Bernard DOES look more like she could be a cheeseburger.
yar

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #2174 on: March 04, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »
meshell would drive me crazy when i would catch her on NPR for my commute some times
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2175 on: March 04, 2009, 11:04:08 PM »
PD you pick her:
(Image removed from quote.)

over her?

It couldn't be more clear cut. Damn I'm surprised you guys disagree

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2176 on: March 04, 2009, 11:06:23 PM »
over her?

she looks like the bassist to The Thermals
Tonya

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2177 on: March 04, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »
I think I should start a Republican Babes blog.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2178 on: March 04, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »
Kate Beckinsale :o

Cheebs

« Reply #2179 on: March 04, 2009, 11:11:13 PM »
Woah, she's a Republican?

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2180 on: March 04, 2009, 11:11:31 PM »
naked slut nazi?

hmm
Tonya

Cheebs

« Reply #2181 on: March 04, 2009, 11:14:55 PM »
She had a Obama & Hillary themed birthday party for her daughter back in august. so LIAR!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2182 on: March 05, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »
PD you pick her:
[img]http://blog.newsok.com/staticblog/files/2008/10/michelle-bernard.gif[img]

over her?
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l8xeX8k9lgo/SHd74bMy1nI/AAAAAAAAECU/OtE0PzkAEjw/s400/amy+holmes+and+jamal+simmons.jpg[img]

It couldn't be more clear cut. Damn I'm surprised you guys disagree

Whatever, cheeseburger lover.
yar

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2183 on: March 05, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »
Eric --

Submit your slogan I'm Jen O'Malley Dillon, the new Executive Director of the Democratic National Committee.

If you're anything like me, then you've had the urge to talk back to a right-wing talk radio host more than a few times. Now you can.

Rush Limbaugh has made waves lately about his desire to see President Obama fail. And he's unapologetic, even though Americans voted in November for the very kind of change the President is bringing to Washington. As even Limbaugh must know, if the President fails, America fails.

Incredibly, Republican leaders have yet to condemn Limbaugh for his destructive comments. In fact, Republicans like Congressman Eric Cantor, a leader in the House, have adopted the Limbaugh strategy, telling the Washington Post recently that their strategy on the President's jobs plan was "just saying no."

The only Republican leader to challenge Limbaugh -- the chairman of the Republican National Committee -- even called Rush to apologize just a few days later.

But we have no apologies for Rush, just a message. We need you to come up with a slogan, in ten words or less, that we'll put on a billboard where he can't miss it -- in his hometown of West Palm Beach, Florida.

Can you help us come up with a message for Rush that we'll place on a billboard right in his hometown?

We'll go through all the slogans we get, and the winner will have his or her message appear on the billboard -- and receive a free T-shirt featuring the winning slogan.

If Republican leaders aren't willing to tell Rush, then we will. Americans want President Obama to succeed. Our country's future depends on it. Rooting for the President's failure is rooting for our country to fail.

To get America back on a path to prosperity, we'll need to leave behind the failed partisan attack politics of the past. Americans voted for a new direction in November. Choosing Rush Limbaugh to be the voice of their party -- as Republican leaders have done -- is not the answer.

Send in your suggestion of ten words or less for a billboard and we'll choose the best one to put in Rush's own "backyard":

http://www.democrats.org/rushbillboard

Thanks,

Jen

Jen O'Malley Dillon
Executive Director
Democratic National Committee
Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2184 on: March 05, 2009, 10:12:28 AM »
they're really pushing this.
Tonya

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2185 on: March 05, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »
That about wraps it up for nuclear power in the United States:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008814298_yucca05.html?syndication=rss

Cheebs

« Reply #2186 on: March 05, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
Eric --

Submit your slogan I'm Jen O'Malley Dillon, the new Executive Director of the Democratic National Committee.

If you're anything like me, then you've had the urge to talk back to a right-wing talk radio host more than a few times. Now you can.

Rush Limbaugh has made waves lately about his desire to see President Obama fail. And he's unapologetic, even though Americans voted in November for the very kind of change the President is bringing to Washington. As even Limbaugh must know, if the President fails, America fails.

Incredibly, Republican leaders have yet to condemn Limbaugh for his destructive comments. In fact, Republicans like Congressman Eric Cantor, a leader in the House, have adopted the Limbaugh strategy, telling the Washington Post recently that their strategy on the President's jobs plan was "just saying no."

The only Republican leader to challenge Limbaugh -- the chairman of the Republican National Committee -- even called Rush to apologize just a few days later.

But we have no apologies for Rush, just a message. We need you to come up with a slogan, in ten words or less, that we'll put on a billboard where he can't miss it -- in his hometown of West Palm Beach, Florida.

Can you help us come up with a message for Rush that we'll place on a billboard right in his hometown?

We'll go through all the slogans we get, and the winner will have his or her message appear on the billboard -- and receive a free T-shirt featuring the winning slogan.

If Republican leaders aren't willing to tell Rush, then we will. Americans want President Obama to succeed. Our country's future depends on it. Rooting for the President's failure is rooting for our country to fail.

To get America back on a path to prosperity, we'll need to leave behind the failed partisan attack politics of the past. Americans voted for a new direction in November. Choosing Rush Limbaugh to be the voice of their party -- as Republican leaders have done -- is not the answer.

Send in your suggestion of ten words or less for a billboard and we'll choose the best one to put in Rush's own "backyard":

http://www.democrats.org/rushbillboard

Thanks,

Jen

Jen O'Malley Dillon
Executive Director
Democratic National Committee

They are controlling the Republicans public image and trying to lock them down  as being ultra-right wing wackos. It's the same stuff Republicans did to Democrats the last 8 years with their "weak on terror" "want troops to fail" stuff. It's tough politics, and it usually works.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2187 on: March 05, 2009, 10:25:10 AM »

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008814298_yucca05.html?syndication=rss

is wyoming a red state?  dump it there
Tonya

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2188 on: March 05, 2009, 10:55:05 AM »

Fuck off Harry Reid.

I'll be curious to see what job he goes to after his time is done. I have a guess where that may be.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2189 on: March 05, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »
 00Comment 00Comments
Team Obama Pulls the ‘Gray Hair’ Stunt Again
Team Obama Pulls the ‘Gray Hair’ Stunt Again

Remember when, in August of 2008, Barack Obama started talking about how his hair was going gray? He was about to head into convention season, when Republicans would spend weeks touting John McCain's experience and wisdom over Obama's much-hyped "judgment." At the time, Obama said: "When I started this campaign people called me a young man. They're not calling me that anymore." Yeah, it wasn't very subtle. And now the president, who could use a little puff piece at the moment, and who could also use a boost to his trustworthiness, is at it again. His personal barber managed to speak to two national papers on the same day about his client's increasingly silver locks. The Washington Post and New York Times both followed the fluff and produced prominent stories. "It's been [754 days], if you can believe it, since a baby-faced senator stood in the winter chill in Springfield, Ill., to declare his candidacy for president," marveled the Post. "With each debate, after every primary fight, it seems Barack Obama's tightly clipped hair became just a dash saltier." [translation: Our president is getting wiser and wiser!] "Mr. Obama seems to have noticed it at least as far back as last summer," remembers the Times. [translation: Yep! We're still writing the same story when he wants us to!]

Obama's Wearing His Grays as Distinguished Look of the Presidency [WP]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/04/AR2009030403008_pf.html

For Young President, Flecks of Gray [NYT]
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/05/us/politics/05gray.html?ref=us
Tonya

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2190 on: March 05, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »
DOW down to 6669. Obama is the anit-christ confirmed.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2191 on: March 05, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »
DOW down to 6669. Obama is the anit-christ confirmed.

or the sexychrist
Tonya

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2192 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
Oh fuck...its at 6666 now.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2193 on: March 05, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
then he's....more evil than satan?

Tonya

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2194 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »
Of course.

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2195 on: March 05, 2009, 12:22:30 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15007087&postcount=13916

Seems as if the echo chamber is starting to lose its luster.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #2196 on: March 05, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »
i don't even know who the banned person is.
Tonya

Cheebs

« Reply #2197 on: March 05, 2009, 12:25:51 PM »
avatar299 was a idiot. PoliGAF pretty much died after it lost you, toxicadam, & APF.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2198 on: March 05, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
Poligaf lost it once the influx of Obama-kiddies came onto the scene. Nothing wrong with new people getting excited about politics, but political threads of gaf used to include a better grade of user (Ronito, Arctor, Triumph, Drinky, Guileless, APF, Mandark, Hitokage, Loki and a few others I am forgetting). I mean half a dozen users liveblogging Fox and the Daily Show is just fucking dreadful. It would have never happened three to four years ago.

It's still interesting though, merely for the volume. You can post a thought and someone is going to react to it. That didn't always happen in the past. I guess that kind of sums up Gaf as a whole. They sacrificed quality for quantity. You can still find quality, but you have to look a lot harder.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2199 on: March 05, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »
avatar299 was a idiot. PoliGAF pretty much died after it lost you, toxicadam, & APF.

Ahem.
yar

Cheebs

« Reply #2200 on: March 05, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »

Ahem.
Why did you get banned anyway?

Cheebs

« Reply #2201 on: March 05, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »
Pre-2008 PoliGAF :bow

TA claiming he may vote Obama
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5339459&postcount=17

PD claiming Obama can't win because in a "post 9/11 world" you need lots of foreign policy experience
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5339515&postcount=23

PD claiming Ill. isn't happy with Obam's job as senator
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4599619&postcount=4

I miss old PoliGAF. :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2202 on: March 05, 2009, 12:59:52 PM »

Ahem.
Why did you get banned anyway?

Search for me and then look at the last thread I posted.  I believe it's titled something along the lines of "Amirox is a great big blubbery vag that is destroying political discourse on GAF" or something along those lines...
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2203 on: March 05, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
On the bright side, Ami doesn't really contribute there anymore.  You should be allowed back :(

Honestly, it's for the best that I probably don't.  I'm already wasting enough of my time on the intertubes.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2204 on: March 05, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »
Pre-2008 PoliGAF :bow

TA claiming he may vote Obama
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5339459&postcount=17

PD claiming Obama can't win because in a "post 9/11 world" you need lots of foreign policy experience
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5339515&postcount=23

PD claiming Ill. isn't happy with Obam's job as senator
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4599619&postcount=4

I miss old PoliGAF. :(
:lol
Early PoliGAF may have been the greatest thing ever on a message board, at least for me.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2205 on: March 05, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
With a track record like that PD, you're well on your way to being a token black on CNBC.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2206 on: March 05, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »
my post on Obama being seen as a black man...is probably the worst post I've ever made. Fuck  :lol

Cheebs

« Reply #2207 on: March 05, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
Triumph willing to bet money democrats won't win back control of both houses:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4464212&postcount=19

TA talking about Bill Frist as a potential front runner for the GOP primary
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2961916&postcount=28

PD saying Obama running against McCain is suicide since "2008 is all about experience"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4599861&postcount=33

:-[

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2208 on: March 05, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »
In my defense, they BARELY won control of the Senate back.  Three races (MO, MT and VA) were decided by less than 65k votes, so it pretty easily could have gone either way.  And that post was made back at the beginning of October; I'm pretty sure I came around closer to the election.

But yeah, :lol.

edit:  Cheebs, you were saying they wouldn't win control of either house too you wanker!
yar

Cheebs

« Reply #2209 on: March 05, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
You did better than PD, who claimed they'd easily win back the senate but not the house.  :lol

But I agreed they wouldn't win back the senate I though it'd be 51-49 or whatever.

Cheebs

« Reply #2210 on: March 05, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »
Hahha not the house either? Owned. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2211 on: March 05, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »
post the NH meltdowns   :lol

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2212 on: March 05, 2009, 01:45:55 PM »
The best was when TA and I took turns starting threads to rile up the global warmingists. We'd PM back and forth different stories and decide who should start the thread. God that was fun.  :lol

My favorite was the Al Gore glacier-melting house thread. I layed into Frankie from Bungie over some stoopit argument before I knew who he was.

Cheebs

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2214 on: March 05, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »
I still maintain that she would have been a horrible, horrible President.
yar

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2215 on: March 05, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »
The best was when TA and I took turns starting threads to rile up the global warmingists. We'd PM back and forth different stories and decide who should start the thread. God that was fun.  :lol

:shh

I actually have a small network of people I PM on GAF and do this.

Beardo

« Reply #2216 on: March 05, 2009, 02:06:04 PM »
How can I get back into GAF?

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2217 on: March 05, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »
You could come back as a different account, but you are so dim that you would just get permabanned in a month anyways.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2218 on: March 05, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
How can I get back into GAF?

PM me your dick and I will give you one of my spares.
fat

siamesedreamer

« Reply #2219 on: March 05, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
I actually have a small network of people I PM on GAF and do this.

Nice...let me know when one of yours gets posted.