Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1880430 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
yawn

*gets the tivo ready for Hannity*

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
"I'm so open-minded, I watch Sean Hannity and frown at Keith Olbermann!"
yar

Phoenix Dark

If you must know, I watched Hannity's America a couple times, just to see how it's changed now that whats-his-face is gone. Hannity used to have these almost-monthly special shows where he'd dredge into some investigative matter, oh like Obama's personal ties to terrorists. Well his new show is worse than those specials were.

And yes, it features a bunch of bad segments that are supposed to be funny. Like the "what liberals really mean" part

Triumph: how about I watch Fox so you don't have to, and you watch Olbermann so no one else has to :smug

Oblivion

The worst thing about Olbermann is that he seems to be a fan of Seth McFarlane.  :yuck

siamesedreamer

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
seriously i can't think of a worse or more embarrassing photo op that came at such an incredible price to taxpa-

spoiler (click to show/hide)
obama's teleprompter traveled back in time it seems
[close]
wtc

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
tsk tsk , the Republican party is attempting to be (slightly) forward thinking (but not really LOLOLOLOLOL), let's not dwell on the recent past
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:55:35 AM by Mamacint »
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/08/AR2009050804228.html?hpid=topnews

LMAO

Jebus Christ, it's like you don't even bother reading the first sentence anymore.

The Obama administration is preparing to revive the system of military commissions established at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, under new rules that would offer terrorism suspects greater legal protections, government officials said.
yar

siamesedreamer

spin it like a good little hopenchanger  ;)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
spin it like a good little hopenchanger  ;)

Ok, we'll put 'em in the regular justice system.  Meanwhile they can all stay at your house.
yar

Dickie Dee

I like how the titty babies on the right somehow believe that if these "enemy combatants" touch US soil they'll somehow enact Plan Allah like they were GIJOE villains, it's another peek into their cartoonishly frightened mind.

If there's one thing the good ol' US of A is good at, it's keeping people in prison.
___

Dickie Dee

Mustard is an issue in the US?  ::)

If we were to list the distinguished mentally-challenged distractions that have kept us from discussing actual issues, it would crash your browser.
___

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Just read SD's post history.

siamesedreamer

Oblivion

-"Excessive" use of a teleprompter
-Not wearing a U.S. flag lapel pin
-Bowing to a Saudi King
-Provides lame gifts to foreign leaders
-Is too good for regular mustard

To think, if we currently weren't in the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, Obama would have been impeached at least 3 times by now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:29:57 PM by Oblivion »

Mandark

• Icon
Post contains bonus hidden meta-joke
« Reply #3976 on: May 09, 2009, 07:44:28 PM »
Too deferential to royalty!

Not deferential enough royalty!

...condiments!

If only we had Palin as president.  We wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Dickie Dee

I always wonder where things'll go when Republicans return to being incrediblely cynical about the populous and which part of their base's lizard brains they can tap into. I'm not sure what resource hasn't been tapped out yet though. Hey maybe the Irish have been preserved long enough that they're a fresh hate resource!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:46:14 PM by Mamacint »
___

Dickie Dee

From the Dept. of OH SNAP! :

Quote of the Day - 5.10.09
— By Kevin Drum | Sun May 10, 2009 9:38 AM PST

From Bill Schneider, CNN election guru and former senior fellow at the right-wing American Enterprise Institute:

"The Republicans aren't a party, they're a cult."

Well, today's GOP does seem to check most of the boxes in the International Cultic Studies Association's "Characteristics Associated with Cultic Groups."  Except for this one: "The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members."  That doesn't seem to be much of a priority for them these days.
___

Phoenix Dark

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Mr. Cheney also took a shot at former Bush administration Secretary of State Colin Powell, saying that the conservative broadcaster Rush Limbaugh is a more loyal Republican than the former Army commander.

"If I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I'd go with Rush Limbaugh," Mr. Cheney said.

Mr. Powell recently said that Republicans need to more move to the center politically and that Mr. Limbaugh's polarizing far-right rhetoric hurts the party's image.

so true

:teehee
Tonya

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
"Dick Cheney couldn't be here tonight. He is still working on his book " How to shoot your friends and torture people"."
Barack Obama 5/8/2009

©ZH

Eric P

• Icon
ugh

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/11/AR2009051100265_pf.html

Five U.S. Soldiers' Deaths Came at Hands of Comrade, Military Says

By Ernesto Londoño
Washington Post Foreign Service
Monday, May 11, 2009 12:49 PM

BAGHDAD, May 11 -- An American soldier opened fire on comrades Monday on a large military base in Baghdad, killing five, the U.S. military said.

The shooting at Camp Liberty, one of the largest bases in Baghdad, occurred about 2 p.m.

Lt. Col. Brian Tribus, a U.S. military spokesman, said the gunman was taken into custody.

A U.S. military officer in Baghdad said the shooting occurred at the base's combat stress clinic.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the incident shook up soldiers, many of whom are in their third and even fourth tours. Some broke down in tears, he said.

"A lot of soldiers are wondering why," the official said. "We will be asking as leaders: What could we have done? How could have we protected the soldiers?"

Most military facilities in Iraq have combat stress clinics, where soldiers seek counseling and are at times prescribed medicine for anxiety and depression.

The Army is grappling with a growing incidence of suicide cases, which military leaders attribute to the stress inflicted by multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

The military did not immediately say what the motive might have been.

"Anytime we lose one of our own, it affects all of us," said U.S. military spokesman Col. John Robinson. "Our hearts go out to the families and friends of all the service members involved in this terrible tragedy."

The incident was among the deadliest attacks for U.S. troops in recent months. It appears to be the deadliest incident in which U.S. deaths were caused by a fellow U.S. soldier since the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.

The shooting was particularly chilling for soldiers based at Victory Base Compound, which includes Liberty, because it is regarded as one of the safest installations for U.S. troops in Iraq.

Control to the compound is tightly restricted, but American soldiers carry weapons on base.

Also on Monday, the military said an American soldier was killed by a roadside bomb in southern Iraq. The attack occurred Sunday at 2 p.m. in Basra province. U.S. soldiers recently deployed additional troops to the province to replace British troops, who formally ended their mission there last month.

Liberty is one of three U.S. military bases adjacent to Baghdad International Airport.
Tonya

Mandark

• Icon
Also this and this.

All horrible and depressing.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
Reminds me of the movie In The Valley of Elah
jon

Phoenix Dark

(CBS/ AP)  President Obama's plan to provide medical insurance for all Americans took a big step toward becoming reality after leaders of the health care industry offered $2 trillion in spending reductions over 10 years to help pay for the program.

On Monday, Mr. Obama praised health industry groups for coming forward with the offier.

Mr. Obama appeared at the White House with an array of industry figures, including union representatives, and called it the occasion "historic."

The industry figures pledged to the president that they would voluntarily slow their rate increases over the next 10 years.

Mr. Obama said the step the industry took Monday must be carried out as part of "a broader effort" to change the health care system, keep costs under control and provide health insurance for the some 46 million Americans who do not now have it.

He said, "I will not rest until the dream of health care reform is achieved in the United States of America."
more at link http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/10/politics/main5004956.shtml?source=RSSattr=Politics_5004956

Krugman
But on Saturday, excited administration officials called me to say that this time the medical-industrial complex (their term, not mine) is offering to be helpful.

Six major industry players — including America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), a descendant of the lobbying group that spawned Harry and Louise — have sent a letter to President Obama sketching out a plan to control health care costs. What’s more, the letter implicitly endorses much of what administration officials have been saying about health economics.

Are there reasons to be suspicious about this gift? You bet — and I’ll get to that in a bit. But first things first: on the face of it, this is tremendously good news.

The signatories of the letter say that they’re developing proposals to help the administration achieve its goal of shaving 1.5 percentage points off the growth rate of health care spending. That may not sound like much, but it’s actually huge: achieving that goal would save $2 trillion over the next decade.

How are costs to be contained? There are few details, but the industry has clearly been reading Peter Orszag, the budget director.

In his previous job, as the director of the Congressional Budget Office, Mr. Orszag argued that America spends far too much on some types of health care with little or no medical benefit, even as it spends too little on other types of care, like prevention and treatment of chronic conditions. Putting these together, he concluded that “substantial opportunities exist to reduce costs without harming health over all.”

Sure enough, the health industry letter talks of “reducing over-use and under-use of health care by aligning quality and efficiency incentives.” It also picks up a related favorite Orszag theme, calling for “adherence to evidence-based best practices and therapies.” All in all, it’s just what the doctor, er, budget director ordered.

Before we start celebrating, however, we have to ask the obvious question. Is this gift a Trojan horse? After all, several of the organizations that sent that letter have in the past been major villains when it comes to health care policy.

I’ve already mentioned AHIP. There’s also the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), the lobbying group that helped push through the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 — a bill that both prevented Medicare from bargaining over drug prices and locked in huge overpayments to private insurers. Indeed, one of the new letter’s signatories is former Representative Billy Tauzin, who shepherded that bill through Congress then immediately left public office to become PhRMA’s lavishly paid president.

The point is that there’s every reason to be cynical about these players’ motives. Remember that what the rest of us call health care costs, they call income.

What’s presumably going on here is that key interest groups have realized that health care reform is going to happen no matter what they do, and that aligning themselves with the Party of No will just deny them a seat at the table. (Republicans, after all, still denounce research into which medical procedures are effective and which are not as a dastardly plot to deprive Americans of their freedom to choose.)

I would strongly urge the Obama administration to hang tough in the bargaining ahead. In particular, AHIP will surely try to use the good will created by its stance on cost control to kill an important part of health reform: giving Americans the choice of buying into a public insurance plan as an alternative to private insurers. The administration should not give in on this point.

But let me not be too negative. The fact that the medical-industrial complex is trying to shape health care reform rather than block it is a tremendously good omen. It looks as if America may finally get what every other advanced country already has: a system that guarantees essential health care to all its citizens.

And serious cost control would change everything, not just for health care, but for America’s fiscal future. As Mr. Orszag has emphasized, rising health care costs are the main reason long-run budget projections look so grim. Slow the rate at which those costs rise, and the future will look far brighter.

I still won’t count my health care chickens until they’re hatched. But this is some of the best policy news I’ve heard in a long time.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/11/opinion/11krugman.html?_r=2&ref=opinion

Oblivion

Gots me a totally random question. I know we all like to skewer Ron Paul, but given the choice between him and John McCain, who would you vote for?

In case anyone's wondering why I'm asking such a question, well I didn't really follow politics too much before say, prolly September last year. So I really didn't know much about Ron Paul or his views and such. I pretty much continued to ignore him (like pretty much everyone did lol) until just about a few days ago when I just passed the time at work by watching random political videos. Now I don't agree with all his views of course, but I found some of his policies to make more sense than McCain's. So I was just curious who political-bore feels is the lesser of two evils.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:50:05 PM by Oblivion »

Eric P

• Icon
i probably wouldn't vote if i felt extreme dislike for both candidates

but in that case, ron paul because he would be incapable of doing anything
Tonya

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I would write in Alfred E. Neuman.
yar

siamesedreamer

Over/Under for Stimulus II? October?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Mr. Paul, easily. He may be the mascot for moral and political infants, but I do believe in protecting most civil freedoms, unlike the mccain set
duc

Dickie Dee

I'm not gonna lie, as much as I might laugh at the libertopians, if I had to trade center-left pragmatisism for a full fledged, let's get hardcore, Ideology the lolbertopians are near the only ones I could take allegience to. They might be hardcore but at least theire ideology isn't just about beatin' on a few select minorities just to get their rocks off, then pretending it didn't happen.

Although many that protest against "redistributing wealth" are really just upset that their money is going to distinguished black fellows, so I'm unsure how much this is true.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:53:44 PM by Mamacint »
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
The libertopians would have some advantages- the weed and hookers angle, for example.  Mostly, tho, their insane economic policies would likely cause a widescale national revolt where the 95% of the people that work to create the wealth that the 5% keep would be more apt to line the aristocrats up and start cutting off heads, which would be totally groovy.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Is he an engineer or something?  Medical research?
yar

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Gots me a totally random question. I know we all like to skewer Ron Paul, but given the choice between him and John McCain, who would you vote for?
I'd skip the presidential ticket and vote for all the lower level stuff. Ron Paul is just as bad as any run of the mill Republican. In many cases far worse because he is a true believer on the conservative economic shit.

Dickie Dee

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
The right are so angry about this. :lol
PSP

Eric P

• Icon
well she did blatantly attack the leader of their party
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
well she did blatantly attack the leader of their party

:lol

I died when Obama said that Steele says, "in the heezy".
PSP

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
So.... Barack Obama may just gotten me a job. I applied like 6-7 months ago for some job at a govt. agency. I randomly got an email back yesterday saying they suddenly have the money to hire more people thanks to the stimulus package to come in for a interview. If all goes well Obama may just gotten me a job then.

Porkulus package indeed.

Eric P

• Icon
Harper's Weekly Round Up is really hilarious sometimes

After much bargaining with the largest banks in the United
States, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner announced the
results of the Treasury's "stress tests," studies that
estimate how the banks will fare if the economic crisis
deepens. Ten banks, said Geithner, including Bank of
America, Citibank, and Wells Fargo, must collectively
raise $75 billion in extra capital by November; the rest,
however, are fine. Analysts questioned Geithner's
conclusions, which assume a worst-case unemployment rate
of 10.3 percent when the current rate is 8.9 percent, and
which, after banks complained, ended up measuring
bank-capital levels with standards more forgiving than
expected; Bank of America's potential capital deficit, for
example, was finally pegged at merely $33.9 billion
instead of the $50 billion initially projected. President
Barack Obama said that his staff went "line by line"
through the $3.4 trillion federal budget and found 121
programs that could be cut to save taxpayers $17 billion,
or half a percent of the budget's total. Democratic
lawmakers immediately protested the cuts, and
Representative Maurice Hinchey (D., N.Y.) vowed to force
the White House to accept delivery of a new presidential
helicopter even though Obama says he doesn't need or want
it. The U.S. Navy reported that 12 crewmembers aboard the
amphibious transport ship USS Dubuque had been diagnosed
with influenza A (H1N1), bringing the total number of
U.S. cases of the flu to 1,600, with 2,500 cases reported
worldwide in 25 countries. Afghanistan, despite having no
cases of swine flu, took its only known pig, a gift from
China named Khanzir (which means "pig"), away from the
friendly goats and deer with which it grazed at Kabul Zoo
and placed it in solitary confinement.

Maine recognized same-sex marriage, as did Washington,
D.C., where the city council approved a bill by a 12 to 1
vote, with only former mayor Marion Barry dissenting. "All
hell is going to break loose," said Barry, who was once
arrested for using crack cocaine. "We may have a civil
war. The black community is just adamant against this."
The Simon Wiesenthal Center presented its 2009
Humanitarian Award to actor Will Smith, and President
Obama appeared at the White House Correspondents'
Association dinner. "I must confess," he told the crowd,
which included Robert De Niro, Natalie Portman, Sting, and
Ludacris, "I really didn't want to be here tonight. But I
had to come. That's one more problem I inherited from
George Bush." Obama also pointed out that Michelle Obama,
by wearing a sleeveless dress, supported the "right to
bare arms." Senator John Kerry attended a Senate
subcommittee hearing on the future of journalism. "I see
cacophony without standards," he said. "I see more and
more people operating in public life with snippets." Pete
Seeger turned 90. Pope Benedict XVI visited Israel, where
he spoke of his support for a Palestinian state and
Israeli president Shimon Peres presented him with an Old
Testament that fits on the head of a pin. The wife of
Kenyan Prime Minister Ralia Odinga agreed to forgo sex
with her husband as part of a national sex boycott
intended to force government leaders to stop feuding, and
Kenyan James Kimondo, denied conjugal rights by his
boycotting wife, sued women's rights groups for "stress,
mental anguish, backaches, and lack of sleep."

Congolese government soldiers sodomized pygmies to gain
supernatural powers, and Marilyn French, author of the
novel The Women's Room, died. "All men are rapists," she
wrote, "and that's all they are. They rape us with their
eyes, their laws, and their codes." The price of oral sex
from a prostitute in Russia had fallen to that of a
sandwich and soda, and many Russian men were hiring
hookers just for conversation. Moscow schoolgirl Katya
Kazakova, struck by stage fright, was unable to sing a
patriotic song, "The Dug Out," for Russian Prime Minister
Vladimir Putin, until Putin joined in. "The fire is
pulsing in a cramped stove," they sang together, Putin's
voice soft and melodious. "The resin on the firewood is
like a tear." Scientists in North Carolina announced a
tiny medieval "rack," or robotic bioreactor, that can
stretch slivers of foreskin to twice their original size
and may some day be used for skin grafts. Jeff Kepner, a
57-year-old Georgian man who lost both his hands to a
bacterial infection ten years ago, received the nation's
first double hand transplant, and five months after her
operation, Connie Culp, who was the first American to
receive a full facial transplant, unveiled her new face,
which--while squarish and floppy--is a drastic improvement
over the old one after her husband blew it off with a
shotgun in 2004. A two-nosed Wisconsin cow named Lucy gave
birth to a normal calf, and a New York City cow named
Molly broke free of her handlers on the way to the
slaughterhouse and ran free through the streets of
Queens. Molly's owners, responding to public outcry,
agreed to spare her and move her to Long Island, where she
will live with a steer named Wexley. "He's been neutered,"
said Wexley's owner, "so they are just going to have to be
good friends."

-- Claire Gutierrez
Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
who has the balls to watch this?

This Revolution: When I first learned that Rosario Dawson was starring in a Medium Cool homage/remake I remember thinking, “Wow. That sounds interesting. And terrible.” Sweet sassy mollassy, was I ever right. The film gained a modicum of notoriety when Dawson was arrested at the 2004 Republican Convention alongside other protestors. Then This Revolution sunk like a stone, deservedly so.

I have profoundly mixed feelings about Medium Cool. It contains perhaps some of the most powerful sequences in the history of American film (the ‘68 convention stuff is riveting) and pointed the way towards a new strain of timely, politically engaged docu-drama that blended documentary and narrative in new and challenging ways. Yet writer-director Haskell Wexler’s cult classic was less the opening shot of a cinematic revolution than a dead end. Few filmmakers had the balls to follow in Wexler’s rebellious footsteps, to put themselves on the front lines of violent social unrest to record history as it happens.

Medium Cool is half timeless super-genius, half-macho bullshit. As much as I love kindly, paternal, old-guy Robert Forster he was a bit of a lightweight in his youth and I found the film’s ‘tude and cock-of-the-walk swagger a little oppressive. If Medium Cool is half-genius, half-bullshit then This Revolution is 99 percent bullshit, one-percent genius.

The film stars the deeply unpromising Nathan Crooker (playing a character named Jake Cassavettes in a clumsy homage to Wexler’s plan to have Medium Cool star John Cassavettes as himself) as a ballsy reporter who just got back from being embedded in Iraq where he saw shit that you would never believe, man.

He also returns to girlfriend/boss Amy Redford, a suit who’s all, “Let’s hand over footage of activists to the Homeland Security Department so they can take away our rights and usher us into a nightmare Orwellian hellscape in which the corporate media colludes with a Fascist totalitarian government of the Wall Street Pigs, for the Wall Street Pigs and By The Wall Street Pigs”. That is her idea of pillow talk. It’s not surprising that Crooker finds himself falling for a single mother/Iraq War widow (Rosario Dawson) who’s all sensitive and soulful and ethnic and attractive despite her hideous blonde cornrows.

Political rapper Immortal Technique does a terrible job playing political rapper Immortal Technique in scenes where he dresses down Crooker for never covering how, you know, shit is real in the hood, G. Crooker’s disillusionment with the government and the AmeriKKKan corporate media grows even more acute when he falls in with a group of masked radicals and learns of his employer’s plans to hand over his tapes to the government to help it keep tabs on dissidents.

The pigs wanna shut Crooker down but he subverts the dominant paradigm by hacking into his cable news channel’s system and airing a terrible avant-garde provocation exposing the media’s lies. Factor in wooden dialogue, clumsy, strident non-stop speechifying, porn-level acting, hokey plot twists, and footage that looks like it was shot on grandma’s video camera and you have a hysterical manifesto that almost made me ashamed to be a progressive. Writer-director Stephen Marshall, co-founder of the Guerilla News Network, set out to make a Medium Cool for our era. Instead he made the cinematic equivalent of a “No Blood For Oil” bumper sticker.

Just How Bad Is It? Awful. Just god-fucking-awful

http://www.avclub.com/articles/winona-ryder-gets-her-mpdg-on-rosario-dawson-remak,27827/?utm_source=homepage_recent_features
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]zoqmH49VBC0[/youtube]
:bow

Triumph's still a dumbass. Some things never change.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Triumph's still a dumbass. Some things never change.

Indeed, such as the fact that you're a fey little bitch-ling that validates his existence by listening to bad, obscure music.
yar

Eh, not really. Good one, fatso.

"Obscure":

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I'm sorry, I can't hear you with the entirety of Animal Collective's cock in your mouth at once.

Also, Bonnie Prince Billy is obscure but not bad.  Plus, he's been in a Kanye West video.
yar

Animal Collective???  ::)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Whatever, I can't keep up with all of the shitty music you listen to.

But please, come by more often.  Your six month periodic visits to post the same stupid posts repeatedly don't come often enough.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT
乱学者

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yeah, knock it off or I'm going to take enjoy bell woods outside and enjoy his bell woods...

... in his anus.

Not in a gay way.
[close]
PSP

Eric P

• Icon
that doesn't even make sense

Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I'm on a heavy amount of cold medication, but I'm pretty sure it made sense when I read it back to myself.
PSP

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
Quote from: Phoenix Dark
*Jesse Ventura video*

Good points.
jon

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
(CNN) — Former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is continuing to deride his party's leaders in Washington, saying Monday he has trouble keeping a straight face over the GOP's newly-launched "listening tour."

"It's hard to keep from laughing out loud when people living in the bubble of the Beltway suddenly wake up one day and think they ought to have a listening tour; even funnier when their first earful expedition takes them all the way to the suburbs of Washington, D.C.," the former Arkansas governor wrote in a column on Fox News' Web site.

Earlier this month, Rep. Eric Cantor, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney kicked off a campaign by party leaders to reshape the GOP's image, gathering at a restaurant in northern Virginia for the first of a series of town hall meetings.

The goal of the initiative, the National Council for a New America, is to connect Republican leaders with voters across the country to help get the party's electoral fortunes back on track.

"If some of these leaders had been listening already, they wouldn't need to form a group to start listening now," wrote Huckabee. "Some of the ones who have decided to start listening sure weren't listening last fall when they were supporting the TARP bailout bill that pretty much discredited any semblance of conservative conviction."

Huckabee echoed a similar sentiment last week, telling a California newspaper the GOP was at risk of becoming "irrelevant as the Whigs" if it moderated its policies.

... Why is Huckabee so awesome, but awful at the same time?
PSP

Phoenix Dark

"It's hard to keep from laughing out loud when people living in the bubble of the Beltway suddenly wake up one day and think they ought to have a listening tour; even funnier when their first earful expedition takes them all the way to the suburbs of Washington, D.C.," the former Arkansas governor wrote in a column on Fox News' Web site.

ether  :lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yeah, that quote is gold.
PSP

Phoenix Dark

he's batshit on social issues but doesn't tow the GOP line on many other issues... The party needs more Hucks, less Gingrichs