Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1880440 times)

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #6000 on: November 04, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »
As such a strict follower of the Constitution, I am surprised you have never heard of the House of Representatives!

Now that you have more dems in the house Im sure we will have a public option... right? Right?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #6001 on: November 04, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
I guess more Democrats elected to Congress is an indicator of the coming Republican-mania about to sweep the nation.
PSP

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #6002 on: November 04, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »
Agreed 100% on O'Donnel. He could been more effective matching the comical nature of that segment with a comical/sarcastic tone. Instead of rolls in there like a freight train and is laughed off, all while looking like an asshole.

The entire segment was ridiculous.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6003 on: November 04, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »
ASSUME THE HEISMAN POSITION
PSP

Phoenix Dark

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #6004 on: November 04, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »
Especially after Obama gets his way and passes a trigger (or whatever) for health care

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6005 on: November 04, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
That's why i'm suggesting you guys lube up early.

Phoenix Dark

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6007 on: November 04, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »
Making a home video recording of yourself and partner isn't necessarily bad.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6008 on: November 04, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »
But being a bible thumping hypocrite having premarital sex is. Just another religious phony .
©ZH

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6009 on: November 04, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
But being a bible thumping hypocrite having premarital sex is. Just another religious phony .
I don't know. nowadays even most religious people have premarital sex it isn't really something that unordinary. I don't know much about this woman, I'm just saying that the tape existing doesnt really mean anything. It's not like she was against taping sex?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6010 on: November 04, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »
I don't know. nowadays even most religious people have premarital sex it isn't really something that unordinary. I don't know much about this woman, I'm just saying that the tape existing doesnt really mean anything. It's not like she was against taping sex?

It's "unordinary" when the religious person in question tries to lecture the public on moral values and becomes a spokesman for Christian fundies

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6011 on: November 04, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »

It's "unordinary" when the religious person in question tries to lecture the public on moral values and becomes a spokesman for Christian fundies

Is it?

So one day she decided to record herself having sex. That's it. I'm really not trying to defend her, I just don't think its that big of a deal.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6012 on: November 04, 2009, 03:39:13 PM »
I don't think people care enough about her for this to be some big story. Personally I don't care, it actually makes me like her more since I'll see dat ass. But in terms of the impact this has on her message as some bastion of moral/Christian values? It certainly makes her even less credible, and look like just another hypocrite religiofreak

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6013 on: November 04, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
I guess I just don't see how having a sex tape makes you a hypocrite.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #6014 on: November 04, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
So lecturing people on the sanctity of sex between a married man and women (the fig-leaf homophobes hide behind) and how homosexuality violates that, and making an adulterous sextape. You see nothing there? Really?

(p.s. - that was rhetorical as I'm not even gonna try and get through to that l'il cognitive dissonant head of yours)
___

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6015 on: November 04, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »
Nope sorry, I dont see how having a sex tape and gay marriage having anything to do with each other at all.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #6016 on: November 04, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
Nope sorry, I dont see how having a sex tape and gay marriage having anything to do with each other at all.

you really are a failure on every level aren't you?
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6017 on: November 04, 2009, 03:50:22 PM »

kk I'm done with that subject

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6018 on: November 04, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »
Armitage, it's not an act. :shh
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6019 on: November 04, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »
Anyway
On the heels of the NY-23 special House election, in which Conservative Party insurgent Doug Hoffman overtook moderate GOP nominee Dede Scozzafava, only to lose to Democrat Bill Owens, NRSC chairman John Cornyn (R-TX) has announced that the GOP's national Senate committee will not be spending money in contested primaries.

"There's no incentive for us to weigh in," Cornyn told ABC News. "We have to look at our resources."

This could have huge ramifications in the Florida Senate race, where moderate Gov. Charlie Crist has been endorsed by the NRSC, and faces the more conservative former state House Speaker Marco Rubio. Crist has already emerged as a new top target for the same right-wing activists who went after Scozzafava.

Crist may be the officially endorsed candidate of the national GOP, but this official support won't count for much if he doesn't get actual money from the party. At best, he could be able to round up extra fundraising and endorsements, separate from the official party apparatus but thanks to its imprimatur. The campaign of the likely Democratic nominee, Rep. Kendrick Meek, sent out the story in a release today, calling the news a "major development."

Cornyn said that the party can learn from NY-23. "The first lesson is that competitive primaries are generally a good thing," Cornyn said. "To me, that's the overarching lesson to be learned out of the 23rd. When 11 people get behind closed doors and pick the nominee ... the grassroots are going to find an alternative."

Late Update: A national GOP source downplayed the story to TPM, telling us: "Far from being a major development, this is really nothing more than clarifying what should be obvious to anyone who has been following the dynamics of the Florida Senate race. It's a major development when the President of the United States comes to your state and doesn't know how to pronounce the last name of the Democrat Senate candidate. This isn't."
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/11/nrsc-wont-spend-money-in-contested-primaries.php?ref=fpblg

womp womp

And in more teabagger news, they've found newer, hotter target
A California Republican aiming to unseat Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) next year has gotten a boost from conservative Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC).

DeMint announced last night his Senate Conservatives Fund was endorsing state Assemblyman Chuck DeVore over former Hewlett Packard chief Carly Fiorina. The group supports only "rock solid" conservatives, organizers told supporters on a conference call last night as election results came in.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/11/senate-conservatives-fund-picks-sides-in-ca-as-demint-backs-devore.php?ref=fpa

So with the NRSC not pumping money into contested primaries, the teabagger movement gains more clout. The Club for Growth, Demint's Senate Conservatives Fund, and Dick Armey's organization(s) will provide financial incentives for candidates to run to the far right for endorsements/cash.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6020 on: November 04, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »
Jesus FoC you sure play dumb well.

Oh he ain't playin'.  He's TEXAS DUMB.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6021 on: November 04, 2009, 07:38:23 PM »
Now with Tiller gone, violent anti-abortion extremists have found their next target.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6022 on: November 04, 2009, 07:45:50 PM »
edit: wrong thread  :lol
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:50:26 PM by Phoenix Dark »

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #6023 on: November 04, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
As such a strict follower of the Constitution, I am surprised you have never heard of the House of Representatives!

Now that you have more dems in the house Im sure we will have a public option... right? Right?

The House already has a public option you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6024 on: November 05, 2009, 12:10:38 AM »
Not quite. I'm most definitely a Republican, but Flame is representative of the new and re-energized right that has no room for moderates. I come from a family of conservatives, and while I am more socially progressive then they are, even they are feeling kind of left out.

If being a Republican now constitutes living in a fantasy world detached from reality, prizing your ideology before results, never willing to compromise, hating those that are pro-choice, stopping gays from getting married and supporting frivolous military spending while axing social programs - then yes, I am probably not a Republican.

Shorter Willco:  "I signed up for Connie Morella, not this shit!"

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6025 on: November 05, 2009, 12:22:27 AM »
 :lol

:heartbeat Connie Morella. Certainly a lot more than Van Hollen. I won't deny she had huge sway in my decision to register as a Republican. Did you also get to visit her when you were our "program"?

She was so dreamy. :omg
PSP

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6026 on: November 05, 2009, 02:32:26 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_New_York_%28LPD-21%29

First I heard about this.  The only possible explanation is "lol bush" but apparently it will actually be commissioned this sunday.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6027 on: November 05, 2009, 06:39:05 AM »
If being a Republican now constitutes living in a fantasy world detached from reality, prizing your ideology before results, never willing to compromise, hating those that are pro-choice, stopping gays from getting married and supporting frivolous military spending while axing social programs - then yes, I am probably not a Republican.

I'm pro choice, have no problem with gays getting married and don't support military spending...

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6028 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:16 AM »

I'm pro choice, have no problem with gays getting married and don't support military spending...

Um, what?

Dickie Dee

« Reply #6029 on: November 05, 2009, 08:06:17 AM »
I think he's just quoting from his "Libertarian Platitude of the Day" toilet paper
___

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6030 on: November 05, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »
I know it's hard for your little brains to accept something that doesn't fall into your simple categories.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6031 on: November 05, 2009, 09:54:01 AM »

:lol :lol

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6032 on: November 05, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »
Israel: Commandos seize huge Iranian arms shipment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091104/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_arms_boat
JERUSALEM – Open crates from a cargo ship seized Wednesday by Israel revealed dark green missiles inside. Containers from the vessel bore writing in English that said "I.R. Iranian Shipping Lines Group."
Israel alleged that the shipment of hundreds of tons of rockets, missiles, mortars, grenades and anti-tank weapons — the largest it ever seized — was headed for Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon.

:o

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6033 on: November 05, 2009, 11:57:48 AM »
Israel probably sent the weapons

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6034 on: November 05, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN3_wm.aspx

GOP protest at the capitol live. This is surreal

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6036 on: November 05, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »
http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN3_wm.aspx

GOP protest at the capitol live. This is surreal

So much FUD. So many morons. I hope billionairs for wealthcare are there.
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #6037 on: November 05, 2009, 01:48:10 PM »
The GOP is really putting it all on the line for health care because they know that when it passes and becomes very popular, it will be thrown in their face for every election from here on out.
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6038 on: November 05, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »
They're having a benediction at this protest? :lol

DEATH CARE?! :lol
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6039 on: November 05, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
They have a black pastor giving the benediction, pulling the death panel card.

"we believe abortion is in this bill, and abortion is anti Christ"

edit: they're dismantling the GOP on live television. This can't be life  /jay z

« Reply #6040 on: November 05, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »
So, wait. Right-wing conservatives are actually trying to kill the Republican party? Makes sense, since I know tons of conservatives who vehemently deny being a Republican.
野球

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6041 on: November 05, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »
The GOP is really putting it all on the line for health care because they know that when it passes and becomes very popular, it will be thrown in their face for every election from here on out.

THis makes no sense at all. If they knew it was going pass why would they want it to be thrown in their face?

Logic fail

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6042 on: November 05, 2009, 02:26:12 PM »
They don't if it'll pass, but they do not know if it does, they're fucked. Logic fail, Flame. Logic fail.
PSP

Brehvolution

« Reply #6043 on: November 05, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »

THis makes no sense at all. If they knew it was going pass why would they want it to be thrown in their face?

Logic fail

They don't want it to pass. Why do you think they are having a 'rally' in DC today. But thankfully, they are powerless to do anything about it. Unless they instigate a riot and take Dems out the old fashioned way.
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6044 on: November 05, 2009, 02:43:06 PM »
Apparently, they've already arrested like 9 tea baggers :lol
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6045 on: November 05, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »
They don't want it to pass. Why do you think they are having a 'rally' in DC today. But thankfully, they are powerless to do anything about it. Unless they instigate a riot and take Dems out the old fashioned way.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29167.html

Election Day losses in Virginia and New Jersey have congressional Democrats focused like never before on jobs — their own.

While the White House and party leaders are urging calm, Democratic incumbents from red states and Republican-leaning districts are anything but; Tuesday's statehouse defeats have left them acutely aware that their votes on health care reform and other major Obama initiatives could be career-enders in 2010 or beyond.

“I should be nervous,” said Rep. Parker Griffith, a freshman Democrat from Huntsville, Ala.

Griffith said the Democratic rank and file is “very, very sensitive” to the fact that issues being pushed by party leaders “have the potential to cost some of our front-line members their seats.”

House Democrats, forced to take a tough vote on a controversial cap-and-trade climate change bill in June, may have to vote as earlier as this weekend on the even more controversial health care bill. Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her leadership team have struggled to get moderates on board for that vote, and Tuesday's results won't make the task any easier.

hmmm

Brehvolution

©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6047 on: November 05, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »
That's why Obama pulled out the big guns with AARP and AMA today. Mmm, health care reform.
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6048 on: November 05, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »
aarp lol

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6049 on: November 05, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »
Isn't there an episode of matlock on right now.

Brehvolution

« Reply #6050 on: November 05, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »
The same politico that has repeatedly run stories of the public option being dead by quoting anonymous white house aides. :smug
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6051 on: November 05, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/11/protesters-arrested-at-liebermans-office.html

I was unaware of this faction of tea baggers. :smug

O SNAP. Oh well, I'm sure some tea baggers will be arrested before the day is over. :smug

... I like how Flame laughs at the AARP, as if old people don't vote.
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6052 on: November 05, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/11/protesters-arrested-at-liebermans-office.html

I was unaware of this faction of tea baggers. :smug

The frame of video they chose to have it on is hilarious. It looks like the guards of giving that old man a ride and he is enjoying it.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6053 on: November 05, 2009, 02:48:15 PM »
The same politico that has repeatedly run stories of the public option being dead by quoting anonymous white house aides. :smug

you're right I should quote huffington post instead.

Brehvolution

« Reply #6054 on: November 05, 2009, 02:49:54 PM »
To be fair, I take anonymous source quotes with a large grain of salt regardless.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6055 on: November 05, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
They don't want it to pass for the same reason they didn't want medicare and social security to pass. It'll be popular and democrats will get the credit. Hatch basically admitted as much
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/65853-hatch-health-bills-threaten-two-party-system

Now obviously the question could be "bububu if that's true they'd just support the bill." Not really. Their wingnut constituents are moving to the far right, and they have to move with them.

I'm not gonna say the GOP is dead, but they're purging moderates from the party; I could kinda understand that in races in the south, but not upstate NY and other places with more "liberal" minded republicans. Independents aren't going to stand for this, man

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6056 on: November 05, 2009, 02:52:15 PM »
The GOP is doing sooo bad they are winning elections.  :lol

Never Change you guys  :lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6057 on: November 05, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
American Cancer Society also threw their support behind the House bill today. So that's AARP, AMA and ACS.

bu bu bu it will kill old people. :lol
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6058 on: November 05, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »

Not any in Congress. :smug
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6059 on: November 05, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »

Never Change you guys  :lol

I doubt you're this dumb.