Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering  (Read 350337 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #900 on: March 31, 2014, 05:58:21 PM »
:gurl
yar

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #901 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »
Sometimes I really feel like MtG succeeds IN SPITE OF the people making it. Although, apparently everyone else loves that spells have been nerfed and creatures buffed, so wtf do I know. Creatures are disgusting and usually only good if they come attached to lands so that they have some marginal value otherwise. And, of course, Snapcaster Mage.

I think anyone who's played through a dark time in Magic (and I mean an actual dark time like Mirrodin block pre-bannings, not whatever you fucking noobs are whining about in Standard) knows that the people running the game really aren't as professional as they think they are. Video game studios don't routinely tap up MLG for talent, but Magic constantly goes back to the Pro Tour for R&D instead of sifting through PhDs or designers of competing product.

R&D can design to satisfy focus testing instead of designing fresh ideas. May they have all the continued success in the world, I'm not going to take a version of the game where Mana Leak is considered OP sersiously.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #902 on: March 31, 2014, 11:13:21 PM »
The sad part is that they're getting validation. The game's sales have been insane the past few years. Apparently everyone wants to play a game where they attack with pokemans. Bunch of fucking idiots.
yar

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #903 on: April 01, 2014, 12:07:30 AM »
Eh, you can only give people what they want for so long, and there's definitely an endpoint to the mentality that anything can be put on a creature because it's just a creature. (Just look at how much True-Name Nemesis has disrupted a format with a healthy cardpool like 1.5.)

Until then we'll have to make do with those rare moments when the stars align for a NO FUN ALLOWED spell deck. One of the greatest moments in Magic history was Brian Kibler petulantly throwing an F6 emblem out against some Eggs player no one remembers.

« Reply #904 on: April 01, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »
Sell me your collection

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #905 on: April 02, 2014, 05:45:55 PM »
Won a tournament last night 3-0 in sets with nary a game loss. Beat Imperial Painter 2-0, Beat Goblins 2-0, and Beat Esper CounterStoneBladeTop 2-0.

I'll play a world series (best of 7 sets) of My Burn vs Anybody in the World's Burn.
UK

Kara

« Reply #906 on: May 12, 2014, 11:47:26 PM »

:phil

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #907 on: May 13, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »
Sometimes I really feel like MtG succeeds IN SPITE OF the people making it. Although, apparently everyone else loves that spells have been nerfed and creatures buffed, so wtf do I know. Creatures are disgusting and usually only good if they come attached to lands so that they have some marginal value otherwise. And, of course, Snapcaster Mage.

I think anyone who's played through a dark time in Magic (and I mean an actual dark time like Mirrodin block pre-bannings, not whatever you fucking noobs are whining about in Standard) knows that the people running the game really aren't as professional as they think they are. Video game studios don't routinely tap up MLG for talent, but Magic constantly goes back to the Pro Tour for R&D instead of sifting through PhDs or designers of competing product.

R&D can design to satisfy focus testing instead of designing fresh ideas. May they have all the continued success in the world, I'm not going to take a version of the game where Mana Leak is considered OP sersiously.

Really, I don't mind the Mana Burn being gone. The spell-stack change is just :what worthy, though. I should be able to counter a counter to my counter to your creature spell if I have the cards and mana to burn. It made sense since they even made the instruction manual (paraphrasing) "roleplay your casts" kind of thing. Now you have to go "okay, well if you're bringing that thing in. I'm gonna counter now," stop-turn a la the DotP apps.

The create buff while spell nerf I don't have a huge opinion on since I play super casually but I HATE that the creature buff screws with some older legacy cards so unless you sharpie over stuff like Elves or other fodder that are now 2/2 instead of 1/1 it's hard to remember all these changes for legacy.

Someone compared Magic to Marvel vs Capcom 3 and the comparison is kinda apt.

Kara

« Reply #908 on: May 13, 2014, 04:42:02 AM »
You can design cards that make mana burn relevant and encourage intelligent play (e.g. Cabal Coffers and Mirari's Wake in Odyssey block), they just never really did after a certain point so it became expedient to remove the mechanic from the game altogether. I don't like that the former happened, but I recognize the necessity of the latter as a consequence... even if it made cards that were already stupidly strong even stronger. (e.g. Mana Drain)

I've never played Mahvel 3 so I don't really know how apt a comparison that is.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #909 on: May 14, 2014, 03:26:50 AM »
As someone who's last Magic pack happened to be purchased before the 4th edition. What is up with Magic? I bought a 2014 battle booster set to try out some new cards. I'm still a new even to this day. Things seem much more organized than they were back in 95, thanks internet. I'm building a deck of ice age/betas/fallen empires/unlimited to show of this friday. What are some good boosters or decks to be on the lookout for? Also what is up with the console game and physical cards? Someone told me you can get decks from playing that.

thisismyusername

« Reply #910 on: June 06, 2014, 04:28:50 PM »
As someone who's last Magic pack happened to be purchased before the 4th edition. What is up with Magic? I bought a 2014 battle booster set to try out some new cards. I'm still a new even to this day. Things seem much more organized than they were back in 95, thanks internet. I'm building a deck of ice age/betas/fallen empires/unlimited to show of this friday. What are some good boosters or decks to be on the lookout for? Also what is up with the console game and physical cards? Someone told me you can get decks from playing that.

DotP is a "newbie" singleplayer/multiplayer game that has "decks" in game. You can buy the equvilant deck in Magic Online or Paper, but it's expensive to get them all.

DotP generally on the yearly release has a promotion of getting ONE card depending on which platform (XBL/PSN/Steam) you get the game on to get the promo card from your local card shop. Supplies limited, etc. apply.

Just bought duels of the planeswalkers/magic 2014.

Pretty fun. I missed playing this.

I wonder how bad a drop the free weekend is going to take to the online base. At least I got my win. :yeshrug I only have to complete the multiplayer now. But the AI still kinda cheats like it has done since the first DotP. :/

« Reply #911 on: June 07, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »

Really, I don't mind the Mana Burn being gone. The spell-stack change is just :what worthy, though. I should be able to counter a counter to my counter to your creature spell if I have the cards and mana to burn. It made sense since they even made the instruction manual (paraphrasing) "roleplay your casts" kind of thing. Now you have to go "okay, well if you're bringing that thing in. I'm gonna counter now," stop-turn a la the DotP apps.

The create buff while spell nerf I don't have a huge opinion on since I play super casually but I HATE that the creature buff screws with some older legacy cards so unless you sharpie over stuff like Elves or other fodder that are now 2/2 instead of 1/1 it's hard to remember all these changes for legacy.

Someone compared Magic to Marvel vs Capcom 3 and the comparison is kinda apt.

I'm still trying to figure out what you're talking about here. You can counter as long as you have the cards and mana to burn. Not sure what you mean there. Also, what creatures got errata'd to be a different P/T?

Kara

« Reply #912 on: June 07, 2014, 01:47:39 AM »
When interrupts were a thing there wasn't a stack, but batches.

That's what I assumed they were talking about.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #913 on: June 07, 2014, 04:40:36 AM »
I really enjoyed playing some Conspiracy tonight. Lots of cool "new" ideas to play around with in there. The place I went to was incredibly packed tonight due to the launch. But then again I'm going to Channel Fireball which is apparently one of the largest MtG sites on the web. Someone at the table behind us pulled a Dack fayden planeswalker foil, lucky SoB.

Since last coming into this thread I seriously spent way too much on magic. I now have huge box full of magic stuff. I went a little crazy buying fat packs for each of the past two blocks. I've got a nice collection of new stuff and am still struggling to make good decks. I'm eagerly awaiting M15 since it comes out near my birthday, sadly no presales up yet at my local stores.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #914 on: November 06, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
My friend is trying to get me back into Magic. I opened a pack and got a Planeswalker, and I'm like the fuck is this? I ain't played MtG since 5th Edition and Tempest, we didn't have this back in my day. I need some help building a bomb ass deck that I can use to smite the Yugioh kidz at the local card shop.
©@©™

« Reply #915 on: November 06, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
My friend is trying to get me back into Magic. I opened a pack and got a Planeswalker, and I'm like the fuck is this? I ain't played MtG since 5th Edition and Tempest, we didn't have this back in my day. I need some help building a bomb ass deck that I can use to smite the Yugioh kidz at the local card shop.

What do you like to do and what is the format?

Kara

« Reply #916 on: November 06, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »
Planeswalkers are fuckstupid Timmy bullshit, never play with one if you have any self-respect.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #917 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
I'm not sure what the format is, so I'm trying to build a modern deck for now to make sure I'm legal. Back in the day, I used to favor black or red speed decks. I never got too serious, mostly just played for funsies.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #918 on: November 06, 2014, 01:33:09 PM »
Planeswalkers are fuckstupid Timmy bullshit, never play with one if you have any self-respect.

:ufup

:lawd
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #919 on: November 06, 2014, 03:33:35 PM »
This was the one that I got.

©@©™

Kara

« Reply #920 on: November 06, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Fuckstupid "whoops did we make somethin game breaking in Blue?" card printed to resuscitate the cardtype because it sucks.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #921 on: November 06, 2014, 05:03:31 PM »
Shitting on blue is not allowed

yar

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #922 on: November 06, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
As a red player, blue can lick my hairy bisexual asshole.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun
[close]
UK

Kara

« Reply #923 on: November 06, 2014, 05:19:45 PM »
Without Blue aggro-control is virtually impossible and that's my favorite type of deck. (Fuck off midrange.)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #924 on: November 06, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »
Delver decks

:rejoice

Caw blade

:rejoice :rejoice
yar

Kara

« Reply #925 on: November 06, 2014, 09:19:57 PM »
:bow RUG Delver :bow2

:bow Having a truly eternal deck in an eternal format. :bow2

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #926 on: November 06, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »
I haven't played an Magic for nearly 15 years, but Joe really sold me on Khans of Tarkir. So, I bought an event deck and four boosters and then put together a deck from the resulting 135 cards. Then Joe and I had a match and I pretty much stomped him into the dirt [I still had 19 health at the end]. :obama

Of course, he was using a prebuilt deck from an intro pack, but still...
dog

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #927 on: November 06, 2014, 11:26:06 PM »

What is this thing? it looks like a cross between a creature and an enchantment
WDW

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #928 on: November 06, 2014, 11:33:49 PM »

What is this thing? it looks like a cross between a creature and an enchantment

Yeah, basically. You can't attack with it, but your opponent can attack it or cast a damage spell on it instead of you. It starts out with an amount of tokens equal to the number in the corner. You can activate one of it's abilities during your turn; the plus abilities add tokens, the minus abilities remove tokens, it taking damage remove tokens, it dies if it loses all it's tokens. That's how I understand it, at least.
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #929 on: November 06, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »

I really don't get why they were introduced anyway. A lot of their "effect"s could be done on an enchantment sort of deal. Make the enchantment use counters like a typical Magic card. Boom, a lot of the of the Planeswalkers effect is gone outside of them having a "health" with the counters sort of deal.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #930 on: November 06, 2014, 11:49:27 PM »
People like their stupid fucking pokemans; once R&D started focusing on making creatures the focus of the game sales skyrocketed. Planeswalkers are part of that focus.

:pacspit

Here's a real deck.

yar

Kara

« Reply #931 on: November 07, 2014, 12:02:29 AM »
:bow Feline Longmore :bow2

« Reply #932 on: November 07, 2014, 05:42:29 AM »
I hated control once upon a time. Now I revel in the tears of those who overextend into board wipes.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #933 on: November 11, 2014, 10:27:33 PM »
I wasn't happy with my tri-color deck, so I decided to keep things simple and just build a mono-red deck focused on dealing damage very early and very often:

4X Monastery Swiftspear
4X Borderland Marauder
4X Hordeling Outburst
4X Krenko's Enforcer
2X Act of Treason
4X Goblin Roughrider
4X Foundry Street Denizen
4X Minotaur Skullcleaver
4X Lightning Strike
4X Valley Dasher
3X Searing Blood
1X Purphoros, God of the Forge
18X Mountain

And there's about 15 other cards I've got my eyes on, but haven't gotten around to buying yet.
dog

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #934 on: November 20, 2014, 03:09:48 PM »
So... Magic. Where's a good place to start?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #935 on: November 20, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »

I've started going to a local shop and playing. I bought an intro deck, a couple of boosters, and went from there.

I think I'm gonna go to a booster draft tonight.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #936 on: November 20, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »
For those of you who are anti-social, MTGO (magic the gathering online) is a great place to start. You can also always, always find a draft within like 15 minutes. Further also, if you need any singles for constructed MTGO play, check out www.mtgotraders.com and pay my rent, why dontcha.
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #937 on: November 20, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »
Just buy the digital games instead. Family friendly fun on your iPad, PC, Console electronic device
fat

thisismyusername

« Reply #938 on: November 20, 2014, 04:51:35 PM »
For those of you who are anti-social, MTGO (magic the gathering online) is a great place to start. You can also always, always find a draft within like 15 minutes. Further also, if you need any singles for constructed MTGO play, check out www.mtgotraders.com and pay my rent, why dontcha.

But client 4.0 suuuuuuucks. :pacspit

@Atra: If you're looking to start, play one of the Duels of the Planeswalkers. It'll ease you into the card game. After that look into paper or Magic: Online routes for you.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #939 on: November 20, 2014, 06:48:25 PM »

If you're wanting to play with real people in real life, start out by going to the local card shop and talking to people that work there. You should be able to find somebody that can help you put together a decent deck [depending on how much you want to spend] and you can find out what kind of tournaments they've got scheduled. You can also buy some premade decks at retail, but they're generally not that good.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #940 on: November 28, 2014, 12:53:54 AM »
Going to a tournament tomorrow. Free entry, top 8 each win 9 boosters, and the best 3 or 4 local guys all went to the Grand Prix in San Antonio this weekend.  :gladbron
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #941 on: December 22, 2014, 08:48:35 PM »
©@©™

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #942 on: December 23, 2014, 12:23:35 AM »
The only cards I recognize are the two on the right  :(
WDW

« Reply #943 on: February 05, 2015, 06:44:51 PM »
Local friends got my slightly into MTG since they kill time with it between classes during the week, so I picked up a Mardu Khans intro pack. They hooked me up with some more cards to replace the garbage filler those tend to have, with some extras and some sleeves on the way.

What are some good Mardu cards from Fate Reforged? I haven't played MTG since Alara Reborn so I don't know jack about what's out there.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #944 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »
Local friends got my slightly into MTG since they kill time with it between classes during the week, so I picked up a Mardu Khans intro pack. They hooked me up with some more cards to replace the garbage filler those tend to have, with some extras and some sleeves on the way.

What are some good Mardu cards from Fate Reforged? I haven't played MTG since Alara Reborn so I don't know jack about what's out there.

Soulfire Grand Master is pretty hot right now, but it's still ~$15 a pop. Brutal Hordechief is good. Mardu Strike Leader is pretty solid. Alesha, Who Smiles at Death is also good. Wild Slash and maybe Collateral Damage are really the only two usable burn spells from Fates. Valorous Stance is a good card. Then there's the Mardu dragon, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, he's okay.
©@©™

« Reply #945 on: February 06, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »
Friends hooked me up with an Alesha and some Strike Leaders, but I had no idea those other cards existed.  :o Grand Master is a little too expensive yeah, but I'll probably order up the others if I don't split the price on a Fat pack with a bud first.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #946 on: February 16, 2015, 12:27:42 AM »
Not that anyone cares, but I won Game Day at my local shop and took home the promo play mat.

I'm pumped because it was my first constructed win since I (re)started playing back in November, and I really wanted that mat. :rock
©@©™

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #947 on: February 16, 2015, 12:49:22 AM »
congrats, what type of deck did you use?
WDW

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #948 on: February 16, 2015, 01:00:21 AM »
Mono Red Aggro

4x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Goblin Rabblemaster
3x Mardu Scout
3x Foundry Street Denizen
3x Satyr Firedrinker
2x Purphoros, God of the Forge

4x Stoke the Flames
4x Hordeling Outburst
3x Wild Slash
3x Searing Blood
2x Lightning Strike
2x Outpost Siege
2x Break Through the Line

21x Mountain

I built it for Friday night just to dick around with, but I ended up coming in 2nd, so I figured what the heck I'd give it another go. Made a few tweaks, and it didn't hurt that the guy that wrecked my shit in the finals on Friday night didn't make the cut to Top 8 today.  :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:04:35 AM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #949 on: February 16, 2015, 01:10:31 AM »
Getting back on the saddle with what passes for Sligh these days. Respect.

On a related note, I should really a set of Great Revels and Swiftspears for my #dgaf 1.X deck I use sometimes for laughs. Not that I play anymore. RIP Grim Lavamancer. :tocry

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #950 on: February 16, 2015, 01:18:51 AM »
I ran some Great Revels out of the sideboard. That look on your opponents face when you drop a turn 2 Revel off the play before they even get a card out.

©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #951 on: March 23, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »
Mono Red Aggro

4x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Goblin Rabblemaster
3x Mardu Scout
3x Foundry Street Denizen
3x Satyr Firedrinker
2x Purphoros, God of the Forge

4x Stoke the Flames
4x Hordeling Outburst
3x Wild Slash
3x Searing Blood
2x Lightning Strike
2x Outpost Siege
2x Break Through the Line

21x Mountain

I built it for Friday night just to dick around with, but I ended up coming in 2nd, so I figured what the heck I'd give it another go. Made a few tweaks, and it didn't hurt that the guy that wrecked my shit in the finals on Friday night didn't make the cut to Top 8 today.  :P

Very cool deck, I'm running something similar. My list uses Prophetic Flamespeaker and Titan's Strength to great effect. I ran the "Boss Sligh" list awhile ago:

Creature (20)
4 Akroan Crusader
4 Firedrinker Satyr
4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Monastery Swiftspear
3 Frenzied Goblin
1 Arena Athlete
Sorcery (2)
2 Hordeling Outburst
Instant (11)
4 Titan's Strength
1 Coordinated Assault
2 Lightning Strike
4 Stoke the Flames
Artifact (1)
1 Hall of Triumph
Enchantment (8)
4 Hammerhand
4 Dragon Mantle
Land (18)
18 Mountain
60 Cards
Sideboard (15)
2 Lightning Strike  3 Searing Blood 2 Magma Spray  2 Peak Eruption 4 Eidolon of the Great Revel  1 Scouring Sands 1 Goblin Rabblemaster
[close]

The deck is fricking disgusting. I posted a few Turn 4 wins with it at FNM. I also play "Mardu Tokens" which is a tier 2 brew of mine running Brutal Hordechief and Sorin to eat face with a Goblin swarm. Its a great deck when it goes off but is too susceptible to black blowouts like Doomwake Giant, Drown in Sorrow, and Bile Blight. A lot of that crap is rotating soon but Virulent Plague is now in Standard ;_;. Eh I'll still wreck control :flex

I did 3 flights of the Dragons of Tarkir Prerelease over the weekend. Posted some great results! Came 9th out of 54 in the single sealed, was spewing I missed out on top 8 and thus extra packs.

Me and my partner won the 2 Headed Giant in the afternoon, beat out 16 other teams to get 10 boosters and 2 chocolate bars :win My first ever tourney first place so I'm very stoked with that.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #952 on: March 23, 2015, 12:22:47 AM »
I ran some Great Revels out of the sideboard. That look on your opponents face when you drop a turn 2 Revel off the play before they even get a card out.

Yeah gotta love that play :lawd

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
« Reply #953 on: March 24, 2015, 02:09:46 AM »
I just wanna say how amazed I am that I made a thread that's still popular.   :gladbron

I miss playing Magic, I should pick it up again.
HURR

« Reply #954 on: March 24, 2015, 02:22:25 AM »
I went to a Dragons of Tarkir prelease event but got destroyed. I pulled a Dromoka in my intro pack but got jack shit for my sealed packs. Ran three impact tremors, but didn't have enough dashers to make it worthwhile.  :'( Wish I'd gotten something better than Zurgo Bellstriker for my promo too, though the Kolaghan dice is pretty sweet.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #955 on: March 24, 2015, 03:02:08 AM »
3 Impact Tremors.. gotta say thats ballsy for a sealed deck unless you had four copes of dragon fodder and other token generators. Even then 2 copies might be a stretch imo. I did very well with GW bolster decks, very powerful synergy with those cards.

Just brewed up a new Standard deck. It plans to make use of some of my favourite cards before they rotate. Check it: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/red-devotion-featuring-green/

Testing it tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers it'll be tier 1 with a few tweaks  :cody

Kara

« Reply #956 on: March 24, 2015, 03:12:21 AM »
I went to a Dragons of Tarkir prelease event but got destroyed. I pulled a Dromoka in my intro pack but got jack shit for my sealed packs. Ran three impact tremors, but didn't have enough dashers to make it worthwhile.  :'( Wish I'd gotten something better than Zurgo Bellstriker for my promo too, though the Kolaghan dice is pretty sweet.

Have you been to many prereleases? After my third or fourth I stopped trying to be productive and just had a dumb good time.

I am famously awful at limited, however.

« Reply #957 on: March 24, 2015, 03:17:48 AM »
Just one dragon fodder, I just had dashers doing all the work every turn. I complain about Zurgo, but I had one match where I drew him and two Impact Tremors early on and very quickly decimated my opponent by dashing him in for 2 mana every turn. More often than not I lost from either drawing too many lands or no lands for multiple draws early on, which I'm admittedly pretty bad at cause my shuffling isn't great.  :-\

Damn near everyone there was running Bolster though. Pretty sure the Dromoka boxes were the first to go, with Simulgar being the only one left by the time everyone picked one up. Friend I went with got Anafenza in his promo, which made me a little jealous.  :lol

As for my Standard deck, I'm highly contemplating going from a general Mardu deck to make it a focused Warrior deck. There were some nice Warrior cards released in Dragons that I want to get my hands on.  :leon

I may or may not be miffed that the Kolaghan clan got the short end of the stick with their command/dragon lord/ex-Khan despite having some great commons and uncommons.  :yuck
[close]

Have you been to many prereleases? After my third or fourth I stopped trying to be productive and just had a dumb good time.

It was my first! I had a blast, no doubt about it. It was my first time playing against people who I didn't know, so it was cool seeing the different ways people play the game, from other novices like me to some older dude that was very by the book and called out every phase change as he did them.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #958 on: March 24, 2015, 03:22:57 AM »
I think with the right cards and tuning, Warriors could be a great force in Standard. Now Dragons cards are circulating theres enough to choose from. I've had a lot of wins with my Mardu aggro deck on the backs of Bloodsoaked Champ buffed with Chief of the Edge. And of course Rabblemaster (he's a warrior too!)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #959 on: March 24, 2015, 03:24:05 AM »

Limited is a whole different kettle of fish to constructed Magic really. Takes a whole bunch of extra skill and practice to do well in. I'm definitely getting better at it! Taking home my first prerelease win was an amazing feeling.