Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558389 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #34500 on: March 23, 2020, 07:12:30 AM »
Why even Vikings.. ffs fckn stupid
What

Svejk

« Reply #34501 on: March 23, 2020, 07:26:34 AM »
Besides, Vikings doesn't exactly scream classic Assassin's Creed gameplay to me, not a lot of climbing you can do on wooden huts, and not a lot of stealth with you raid party; naval exploration and  large skirmishes, on the other hand...  :doge
This was exactly my thought when AC3 was first announced... and it turned out worse than my lowered expectations.  Although I like viking era shit, definitely a wait and see approach for me.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34502 on: March 23, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
Lol you're buggin thinking AC games have a "new formula" it's the same checklist bullshit simulator now with more menus and numbers. Cool formula
fat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34503 on: March 23, 2020, 04:42:10 PM »

:rejoice

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34504 on: March 23, 2020, 05:31:06 PM »
legend
What

Beezy

« Reply #34505 on: March 23, 2020, 10:26:34 PM »
Star Ocean First Departure R - I love the original SFC game but never played this when it was on PSP. Put some time into it this weekend and am nearing the game's midpoint - when you have to collect the 4 emblems and can do a bunch of optional stuff/recruit a bunch of optional characters. The prerendered graphics and towns look gorgeous but I hate how they replaced the interconnected map of the first game with a world map. This game's world map is super bland and traversal is slow, it's just following linear paths from destination to destination... nothing off the beaten path, no treasures to find, etc. - the music was remastered too, most of it sounds pretty good but the battle theme (For Achieve) is not nearly as good as the SFC version in all its slap-bass forward glory. So I don't know if I overall enjoy this game as much as the SFC version. Still better than 3 and 5 though!
Do you think any of these things would bother someone who never played the original? I've been thinking about getting this and Romancing Saga while they're still on sale for the Switch.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34506 on: March 24, 2020, 12:12:16 AM »
Star Ocean First Departure R - I love the original SFC game but never played this when it was on PSP. Put some time into it this weekend and am nearing the game's midpoint - when you have to collect the 4 emblems and can do a bunch of optional stuff/recruit a bunch of optional characters. The prerendered graphics and towns look gorgeous but I hate how they replaced the interconnected map of the first game with a world map. This game's world map is super bland and traversal is slow, it's just following linear paths from destination to destination... nothing off the beaten path, no treasures to find, etc. - the music was remastered too, most of it sounds pretty good but the battle theme (For Achieve) is not nearly as good as the SFC version in all its slap-bass forward glory. So I don't know if I overall enjoy this game as much as the SFC version. Still better than 3 and 5 though!
Do you think any of these things would bother someone who never played the original? I've been thinking about getting this and Romancing Saga while they're still on sale for the Switch.

Hmm, to be honest the world map traversal is a drag just in general. If you're interested, I'd definitely playing Dejap's fan translation of the SFC version that came out a few years ago. But if you think you can take the world map traversal, I'd say go for it. The characters are fairly charming, I really like the core conceit of the story (I think it's got the best plot in the SO series, even if that's not saying much), combat is fun, music is great, and the prerendered graphics are nice. Plus the item creation system was super ahead of its time way back when.

Star Ocean 2 is still the high point for the series, for sure.

I'd say my ranking is:
First Departure

Still have to play through Blue Sphere
^_^

Himu

« Reply #34507 on: March 24, 2020, 01:34:14 AM »
1 and 2 are the only good ones.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #34508 on: March 24, 2020, 03:32:48 AM »
Got 50%+ through Ori 2

I generally think this is a fantastic game that's better than the original. But as improved as the combat is, the major boss fights make me rage (at least the spider one that I did first did, the frog one was annoying but less so). One of the issues I had with Ori 1 and still present in Ori 2 is the hitboxes are very poorly defined. The game is all about these colorful visuals but it's hard to tell if you're going to take damage or not sometimes. Add in them trying to do Hollow Knight style hard as fuck bosses and it's just really frustrating.

Ori 2's definitely an improvement in combat, just...I still don't think these devs are great at combat and wish their games were more just platformers (which Ori 2 is mostly).

Still really liking it, just running into wanting to throw controller parts here and there. Also with so many weapons it's possible I just haven't found the "really good overpowered" one yet. Not sure what to upgrade.
Also not bothering with the quests, will go back to them at some point, just they don't seem very interesting.

And a bit too much story. Yeah everyone loves the Ori story stuff but whenever it's a cutscene I just want it to end so I can get back to smooth traversal platforming through this metroidvania. Biggest sin is when they take away my controls or moves for "story" purposes -_- fuck that shit.

Game is much bigger/longer than the original too. I'm 7 hours in at 50% whereas I 100%'d Ori one in 6:55.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34509 on: March 24, 2020, 03:40:34 AM »
Odd, i was surprised by how easy the bosses were (also just did the spider).
I do agree with the graphics impacting the collision identification, this was a problem in the first game too, but bosses didn't really give me any problem.
I do think hidden and breakable walls are really hard to identify though, for this reason.

I'm loving the game so far, i raged mildly a couple of times, but i breezed through it so far, which surprised me, as i'm shit at these 2d platformers, usually.

Bebpo

« Reply #34510 on: March 24, 2020, 04:13:21 AM »
What weapons are you using?

The spider took me like an hour and probably 30-40 tries. I was using the standard slash and it doesn't have much range so I had to stick to his face and not get too close (because the slash combo moves you forward) or I'd take damage from colliding with his face. I also found a few of his moves didn't give enough telegraph time to really avoid them so I'd tank hits even after learning all his patterns. I'd also have the floating butterfly energy weapon on to add a little damage while I'm slashing.

For instance the bit down and create 3 spits that burn the ground. If I'm in his face slashing him and then he does that I don't have time to dodge back and even if I do try to jump or roll back his spits seem random and seem to hit me most of the time.
His move where he runs across the floor and rams you and you have to leap over him comes out so fast if you're in his face I couldn't ever dodge it. By the time the animation started he was moving forward and I was right in front of him and would eat the hit.
His horizontal laser thing seems a little dependent on where you are, if you're near a wall or enemy you're good, but too far from one of those and all you can do is triple jump and glide and hope it ends before you take the hit
The sweeping laser seemed bad if you're on the left side when he starts it since there's nowhere to hide behind
And when he brings the enemy adds and you're dealing with those on top of trying to kill these adds ASAP; I probably had more than half my deaths where I died because I was paying attention to the spider boss and an add enemy hit me and killed me or vice versa

I don't know, it seemed very bullshit and trying to be one of those super hard Hollow Knight boss fights without the pixel perfect collision detection and better move telegraphing.

Then again, for the 2nd major boss I did (frog) I tried doing the fight ranged and just using the bow with the shard that lets you rapid fire and I pretty much took half his life down in like 20 seconds each time. The hard part was the second phase of the fight since I couldn't just run around rapid firing arrows. Maybe the spider boss would've been way easier doing this than melee in his face.

For shards I'm using the thing that increases damage the more light you're holding (lvl.1 with max of 3000 light and I have like 7000 light right now), the def+ one at lvl.2 for 20% damage reduction, the atk+15%/def-15% one to try to max out my damage output, magnet to collect energy/health, and triple jump/climb.

I haven't really upgraded any of the shards/weapons past lvl.1. I'm thinking I probably need to do that to buff my damage output and reduce my damage input at this point.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34511 on: March 24, 2020, 04:28:17 AM »
Standard slash on X (but i almost never use it to fight, mostly to extend air time if needed); Hammer powered up on Y (usually my main attack); and for bosses, Light Spear powered up on B (bomb probably works well, too).

With the spider, i did it on the second try (and only died at the part where you have to run away) i just kept myself in the air using the hanging lamps w/LB, and just kept blasting him on the head with the spear over and over.
I switched the spear to the light-area-power, just when it requires you to, and came down  to the ground only to replenish the mana.

The toad similar deal, but even easier, as you can just swim left and right, jump out of the water and blast it with the light spear, and go back in, rinse & repeat.

Compared to what i saw my brother go through in Hollow Knight, this seemed like a walk in the park, tbh.

Bebpo

« Reply #34512 on: March 24, 2020, 04:30:59 AM »
Ah, I don't have the hammer.

I have the light spear lvl.1 but I could only get about 2-3 shots off and then be out of energy completely (seems to use like 3 energy per shot) and basically not be able to use it for most of the fight.

Sounds like my problem is I've been using standard slash as my main attack.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34513 on: March 24, 2020, 04:44:51 AM »
The hammer is a win-button, man, get on that.
Also the spear does eat a lot, but it wasn't a problem for me, since i just naturally cleaned up the map, so i had a long-ass bar once i got to the spider.
I think i have every area available so far, at least 95% clear (i don't like doing the races).

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34514 on: March 24, 2020, 04:56:49 AM »
Lol you're buggin thinking AC games have a "new formula" it's the same checklist bullshit simulator now with more menus and numbers. Cool formula
Yeah animal crossing hasn't evolved much  :smug
🤴

Beezy

« Reply #34515 on: March 24, 2020, 08:42:31 AM »

Hmm, to be honest the world map traversal is a drag just in general. If you're interested, I'd definitely playing Dejap's fan translation of the SFC version that came out a few years ago. But if you think you can take the world map traversal, I'd say go for it. The characters are fairly charming, I really like the core conceit of the story (I think it's got the best plot in the SO series, even if that's not saying much), combat is fun, music is great, and the prerendered graphics are nice. Plus the item creation system was super ahead of its time way back when.

Thanks, I'll just get Romancing Saga 2 for now then.

paprikastaude

« Reply #34516 on: March 24, 2020, 11:42:58 AM »
Bioshock 2; The gameplay seems slightly more refined, but the level design more linear and handholdey. Big sisters are a bad idea which further highlights how the respawn system turns the combat purportless.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #34517 on: March 24, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »
On top of playing Murder by Numbers I am replaying Nier Automata. Jesus, what a game. I'm frankly amazed they made such a game. What a fucking game
que

Bebpo

« Reply #34518 on: March 24, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »
Also the spear does eat a lot, but it wasn't a problem for me, since i just naturally cleaned up the map, so i had a long-ass bar once i got to the spider.
I think i have every area available so far, at least 95% clear (i don't like doing the races).

Yeah, see I found Ori 1 to be very difficulty (a bit frustrating) in the first 1/3rd or 1/2 because you die in like 2-3 hits (1 hit from spikes). Then I went around collecting everything and became crazy overpowered and the second half was pretty easy.

I thought Ori 2 was a good deal easier in the first 1/3rd, didn't go out of my way too much, didn't upgrade much, and still had plenty of life/energy and was doing fine. But now around 50% it's pretty hard and can be frustrating like with the big bosses. Looks like I need to pause the story advancement and do the collecting to power up like the original and then will do A LOT more damage, take less damage and have more life/energy/better weapons.

Like I read that 2 of the quests give you permanent ATK boosts. I've been skipping all the quests until now because I thought they just gave you more light to spend, but yeah, time to go around doing quests and exploring out the maps for the next few hours before coming back and doing the rest of the game I think.

Chooky

« Reply #34519 on: March 24, 2020, 02:36:35 PM »

hell yeah

game still holds up, even tho i feel like it's design isn't something a lot of people would be into nowadays. it's slow and methodical, loaded with little puzzles, and demands attention to figure some stuff out. not the kind of thing that goes over well in this instant gratification era. the new mini campaign was good too. didn't do much different than the regular game, but the levels were solid and challenging.

i'm also playing through the lost levels campaign in doom 3 bfg edition, and wow it's night and day compared to doom 64. the map design is dull as hell, controls are clunky on the switch, and combat is frustrating. not a very exciting addition to the doom canon.

now i just have to wait two more days til i get eternal! there's never too much doom.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34520 on: March 24, 2020, 04:18:10 PM »
wait why the fuck did you make a new account? i thought you were an actual new member who was contributing to society. turns out you're some bum under another name. this is the worst year ever
fat

Chooky

« Reply #34521 on: March 24, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »
suck my balls granddad

i have no idea how i'm in this account. it had me logged out one day so i logged back in and i was in this stupid account. i dunno how to get back to my real one bc it never sends me an email when i tell it to

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34522 on: March 24, 2020, 06:17:57 PM »

Yeah, see I found Ori 1 to be very difficulty (a bit frustrating) in the first 1/3rd or 1/2 because you die in like 2-3 hits (1 hit from spikes). Then I went around collecting everything and became crazy overpowered and the second half was pretty easy.

I thought Ori 2 was a good deal easier in the first 1/3rd, didn't go out of my way too much, didn't upgrade much, and still had plenty of life/energy and was doing fine. But now around 50% it's pretty hard and can be frustrating like with the big bosses. Looks like I need to pause the story advancement and do the collecting to power up like the original and then will do A LOT more damage, take less damage and have more life/energy/better weapons.

Like I read that 2 of the quests give you permanent ATK boosts. I've been skipping all the quests until now because I thought they just gave you more light to spend, but yeah, time to go around doing quests and exploring out the maps for the next few hours before coming back and doing the rest of the game I think.
Uhm, i finished all the side quests and don't remember that, but there are a couple of perks you can equip that do increase the damage, they all come with a cost tho.
I basically near 100% the game so far, without aiming to do it, because i tend to explore a lot, when i got the side quest achievement i didn't even know i was done  :lol.
Now i guess i only have left to finish the main quest (i'm up to the last level i think) and finish collecting a handful of spirit orbs/Souls.. oh and those damned races, but i don't think i'll bother, i'm not a platinum chaser anyway.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34523 on: March 24, 2020, 06:31:14 PM »
suck my balls granddad

i have no idea how i'm in this account. it had me logged out one day so i logged back in and i was in this stupid account. i dunno how to get back to my real one bc it never sends me an email when i tell it to

check PM i sent hog thanks
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #34524 on: March 24, 2020, 06:41:39 PM »
alright i'm back in action you bitches
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34525 on: March 24, 2020, 06:42:59 PM »
Good, new people are scary.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34526 on: March 24, 2020, 06:59:51 PM »
Always thought that chooky guy was weird
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34527 on: March 24, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »
Finished Astral Chain yesterday.

Beat the Ruin Guarder in Star Ocean First Departure. I always loved his design (SNES design shown below but the PSP/PS4 uses the same sprite) and especially the music, which is Sakuraba at his best.

Once First Departure is done I think it's time for some DQ Builders.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #34528 on: March 25, 2020, 01:29:14 AM »

Uhm, i finished all the side quests and don't remember that, but there are a couple of perks you can equip that do increase the damage, they all come with a cost tho.
I basically near 100% the game so far, without aiming to do it, because i tend to explore a lot, when i got the side quest achievement i didn't even know i was done  :lol.
Now i guess i only have left to finish the main quest (i'm up to the last level i think) and finish collecting a handful of spirit orbs/Souls.. oh and those damned races, but i don't think i'll bother, i'm not a platinum chaser anyway.

Yeah I just did them. Each gives 25% perm atk boost.

Doing quests now. Using the bow with the various bow upgrade shards has made a big difference. That thing does a ton of damage upgraded.

Bebpo

« Reply #34529 on: March 25, 2020, 02:46:50 AM »
Made it about halfway through the Snow & Sand areas and got their powerups. Been finishing exploring the map since I have everything outside stomp. Combat is a lot easier with weapons upgraded and keeping lvl.2 sentry on while firing maxed out bow shards in rapid fire. Pretty much kills everything quick. Been a lot of fun. Traversal is still real good like the original, I actually enjoy the races since the platforming is generally quite good. Super nice looking visuals.

Around 9 hours now. Probably finish Ori 2 up tomorrow. ~75% overall completion now.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34530 on: March 25, 2020, 07:32:27 AM »
Credits roll on Ori Will of the Wisps.
99% completion.
18 hours.

Last area and boss saw a spike in difficulty, but nothing too drastic.

Overall i loved it much like the first one, everything is improved, the combat is much more fun, but it retains a few of the problems it had.
Mainly that the graphics are too complex for their own good, and impact the gameplay negatively too many times, up to the final boss (where sometimes Ori almost disappears in all the effects and chaos, making it a frustrating experience).
Also some of the upgrades felt more useless than others, but i guess that actually depends on play style, so i'll refrain from calling that a problem.
Story was whatever, felt like a retread of the first and to be honest i just didn't care all that much anyway, but nothing too invasive.

Very cool, will play a 3rd one if they do it.  :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34531 on: March 25, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »
Started Sunset Overdrive last night

That seems fun
What

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #34532 on: March 25, 2020, 09:13:19 AM »
Is Ori 1 worth playing or would it be better to just skip it and play 2?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34533 on: March 25, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »
I'd play both, to me it felt like Ori 2 was just more of the same (in a good way), and although it's improved, it's not to the point where the first one is rendered unplayable by comparison or anything.
It's mostly marginal stuff.
That said, you can start with 2 and go back to 1 if you like it, the story isn't all that important.

Beezy

« Reply #34534 on: March 25, 2020, 11:30:35 AM »
Just got to the 3rd chapter of Ys 8 on the Switch. I've only played Origins and Memories of Celceta previously, but everything about this feels like an improvement so far.

Bebpo

« Reply #34535 on: March 25, 2020, 11:36:38 AM »

Sure, play the original.

i like it better in retrospect a week later. It has its charms and some really good level design.

2 is better though. Maybe less charm.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #34536 on: March 25, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
Finished Astral Chain yesterday.

Beat the Ruin Guarder in Star Ocean First Departure. I always loved his design (SNES design shown below but the PSP/PS4 uses the same sprite) and especially the music, which is Sakuraba at his best.

(Image removed from quote.)

Once First Departure is done I think it's time for some DQ Builders.

God damn it, fine, I’ll get First Departure, I’ve got some eshop bux to spend anyways.

But Star Ocean will have it wait it’s turn, I just started on Paper Mario: TTYD and am having a great time with it so far, hopefully this time I’ll finish it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34537 on: March 25, 2020, 08:55:13 PM »
Just got to the 3rd chapter of Ys 8 on the Switch. I've only played Origins and Memories of Celceta previously, but everything about this feels like an improvement so far.

8 was great, but I unfortunately played it with the shitty translation (that was so bad, NIS totally rewrote it from scratch). I loved the whole "shipwrecked" theme, and found the drama with the castaways was a bit more interesting than when it starts going down more traditional RPG territory routes.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #34538 on: March 26, 2020, 01:51:24 AM »
Ori 2 - The whole game I was waiting for stomp to break the breakable floors. I'm at the final dungeon and still wondering when I get stomp and then I was like I wonder if I can smash them with the hammer? Lol. 88% completion now, all shrines down and I guess I'm missing 1 run still. Gonna wrap up the last few quests and power ups and then finish it out tomorrow. Great game.

Bebpo

« Reply #34539 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:19 AM »
Finished Ori 2. 99% completion  :doge
Didn't need to buy any of the maps, but was missing some ores and there's no map for that so I guess I'm done.  :doge

Was great. Really gorgeous looking, good combat, great platforming, lots of secrets, very good length.

I was also surprised, yeah, at how much the game retreads the original in design. But it's still fun. Also was surprised that

spoiler (click to show/hide)
They introduce the ori+owl traversal upgrade at the start of the game and then you get it for one section and that's it. They must have tested it a bunch and couldn't figure out how to make ori+owl traversal as smooth/fun as just standard ori traversal.
[close]

Combat in the second half of the game was super easy, including the final boss. I wish I knew about how to DPS for that damn first spider fight. In the end I was using spirit bow + lvl.3 split arc + rapid fire + more than half life +30% damage + spirit surge lvl.2 w/6000 orbs + 20% bonus damage chance while keeping lvl.2 sentry out and rapid firing spirit bow. Pretty much killed everything in 1-2 seconds and the bosses die in like 10-20 seconds outside scripted bits. Melee is for suckers in this.

In the end the main pros are the platforming and the visuals and level design. The cons are the combat still isn't as good as other combat focused metroidvanias, the boss fights don't really compare either and sometimes the game is too visually busy to see what's going on. Also the chase sequences as still basically trial & error to some degree. I saw there's an achievement for 0 death run and man with how finnicky the controls can be at times and the chase stuff I would not want to try that without just save scumming constantly. I think I had about 200 deaths in this. Though overall it was a much easier game than the original. Had 200 deaths in that and this one is twice as long.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34540 on: March 26, 2020, 10:01:46 AM »
Although i see where you're coming from, i'm not sure i'd call the chases as trial and error.
I did most of them either on first try or dying a couple of times at most, and i'd say they're usually slow enough that you can see what's coming before it's too late, though of course you do have to rely on instincts a bit.

Bebpo

« Reply #34541 on: March 26, 2020, 02:34:39 PM »
Although i see where you're coming from, i'm not sure i'd call the chases as trial and error.
I did most of them either on first try or dying a couple of times at most, and i'd say they're usually slow enough that you can see what's coming before it's too late, though of course you do have to rely on instincts a bit.

It depends. Some are easier than others. Liked the sandworm was kinda annoying because you often couldn't see the next item you had to grab until it's too late at parts because it was outside the screen until it scrolled up.
I probably only died a couple times at most on them too and beat like half without losing a life, but I don't think the chases add anything to either game and aren't particularly great design. The races do the same thing in a better way imo, by showing you the route first.

One other gripe I have about Ori 2 is the fast travel points are too far apart. I spent a lot of time backtracking to something and back to a fast travel point to the point where it was almost not worth the effort to clear up the last bits of the map. They need about 2x the fast travel points.

Bebpo

« Reply #34542 on: March 27, 2020, 02:55:02 AM »
Just spent like 4 hours playing through Simulacra in today's indie bundle. It's one of those "you found someone's phone/computer, now try to solve the mystery of their disappearance" but it's kinda dumb because it's all spooky jump scares from the start and then the majority of the game is like life sim unravel the mystery thriller but you know from the start that everyone is looking in the wrong realistic direction because it's supernatural, so it's just kinda overly long and a bit boring, but I guess it was an interesting experience.

With headphones the sound design and random fucking knocks and whispers coming sounding like someone in your room just knocked on the wall was pretty good creep factor.

Also the acting was super bad haha, really amateur indie stuff.

Wouldn't recommend.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #34543 on: March 27, 2020, 07:23:12 PM »
Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I'm already liking this way more than Original Sin 1. The characters and voices are 1000 times better. Loving the combat so far. No wonder they were offered Baldur's Gate III.

I think I sort of ruined Original Sin 1 by stealing so much, so this time I have a no stealing rule. Also going with 1 character for each main stat. At the moment the idea is a pure int that eventually maxes pyromancy (with 1 or 2 in necro), pure str that maxes 2h weapon, pure con summoner/tank, pure fin ranger. Makes it more interesting to have a mage who just found a powerful fire staff, yet fire combines poorly with the 2h fighter, so you have to think it through more.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:31:39 PM by Thirty-Ought-Six »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #34544 on: March 29, 2020, 06:07:18 AM »
Playing a shit ton of GTA Online, usually solo. Had a chance to play with BIL from CA earlier, and it turns out that lobbies are full of psychotic scumbags MORE SO on weekends than when I usually play my not-compatible-with-Japan-version during weeknight wee hours. The incidents were constant.

Business Battles put up little mini-missions in the game: steal a car, grab this cargo, wipe out an NPC crew and steal some satchels, etc. They're fun, they can be little contests where the winner gets extra materials to sell from their warehouse. No big deal. People today were just blowing up the prizes, preventing anyone from getting them. Lots of shit-kids flying around on MK IIs. Just an absolute shitshow.

Started Sunset Overdrive last night

That seems fun
I'm eventually getting an Xbone for that. Or a Series X now that they're finally announced. One assumes it'll get b/c.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #34545 on: March 29, 2020, 06:24:49 AM »
i started playing Animal Crossing..... Wild World. never got into it much but the hype for the new one made me go back. it's fun enough, but it always feels like there's not enough to do. pick up trash to pay off my mortgage, grab some collectibles, talk to people. aaaaand that's it? i understand I'm missing out on a lot since the game is offline now, but will more open up? should i scale back my playing time each day so i don't end up repeating tasks? i dunno. i like the idea, but it all feels so small.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #34546 on: March 29, 2020, 01:41:34 PM »
Yeah, I feel like I'm never going to make it to 5k nook miles.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34547 on: March 29, 2020, 04:13:34 PM »
Last night I finished the new BL3 DLC - you know, the gay one

It was pretty good, felt like an actual expansion to base BL3. The whole gay thing isn't even prominent either like most games seem to do.

So far BL3 DLC is good. If you havent visited this game in a bit, the DLC is worth checking out.
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34548 on: March 29, 2020, 09:43:01 PM »
I missed a ton of collectibles in Plague Tale so I guess I'm going back with a guide to get em. Beat the game, pretty sweet ride with some cool twists and turns.
But... [PLAGUE TALE INNOCENCE SPOILERS]
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I feel like it didn't stick the ending - either they ran out of time or ideas? Like you fight the bad guy and lol he dead, theres no final castle level with a demon in the basement or some shit? Really felt like the Grand Inquisitor shoulda been operating under a higher-power. Minor gripe really, the game was good.
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #34549 on: March 30, 2020, 09:44:41 AM »
let the legend come back to life :rejoice

Svejk

« Reply #34550 on: March 30, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »
Started a new sesh of FF7 on my phone.  Just got past the Don Corneo part, in the sewers now.  I remember only bits of pieces of this game having last played it over 2 decades ago.  I wanted to refresh on certain details to see if it still held my interest enough for FF7R.  So far so good.  :) 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34551 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:44 AM »
Reinstalled MGSV, hadn't played it in exactly 4 years.  Took me a bit to remember how to play, but ended up spending a couple of hours on it last night.

Felt good to be back with D Dawg :rejoice

LIKE A REBEL YELL!!
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #34552 on: March 30, 2020, 02:43:02 PM »
Snipe a dude and then pet your dog, dawgs :rejoice
Watch Quiet Snipe in Nude and then pet your hog. :aah

Svejk

« Reply #34553 on: March 30, 2020, 05:16:04 PM »
Yeah that sounded more funny than wrong in my head.   :lol  :doge

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34554 on: March 31, 2020, 11:51:38 PM »
Been playing a whole lotta Star Ocean: First Departure R. I've beaten the SFC game multiple times but never played First Departure even back when it was on PSP. I'm giving the Cave of the Seven Stars a shot, I was never able to beat this in the SFC version but tonight I made it to floor 24 (out of 30) and got my ass kicked in a random battle with some stupid flying enemies. Not sure if I'll give it another try or just go and beat the game... I hate long-ass dungeons with no save points.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #34555 on: April 01, 2020, 04:50:08 AM »
Making good progress in Xenoblade 2 Torna Expansion. When I played XB2 I didn't do a lot of the sidequests because they were a pain in the ass, especially unlocking the blade ones. The result, since a shit load of the main xp comes from them, was I was crazy underleveled in the endgame and it was pretty miserable playing experience.

Not making that mistake again. Been doing every.single.damn.sidequest this time around. Just got to the desert area right before the main city and ~lvl.35 now and the enemies are like lvl.26 so pretty overleveled. There's still stuff I don't like from XB2 in there and the story is pretty boring so far and the game seems like 75% just doing sidequests and exploration and 25% actual main story, but it's enjoyable enough in its own addictive way. Still, will be glad when I beat it and get back to spending my time on better rpgs.

One thing is that it's really hard to care about the story & characters since the expansion is pretty short and it's not going to be a long adventure. kinda lacks the feeling of a regular rpg of a developing cast for a big journey.

Bebpo

« Reply #34556 on: April 01, 2020, 06:17:23 PM »
Torna feels pretty weird because rather than feeling like a full rpg from start to finish, the pacing and everything feels like the first 10-20 hours of a 100 hour rpg. Like the first arc where you're introduced to the cast, make your way through a couple towns to the first big city and shit goes down while exploring the first couple areas and doing a zillion quests in them. I'm in the main city now and I definitely am enjoying it, but it makes me want to replay XB2 because I want a full game and not just this limited experience. Idk, it's a weird game for me.

The field skills and doing all the bullshit requirements to unlock them on the skill tree for the blades is a lot more manageable when you have a set party and like 6 of them total vs 50+ in the original and having to build up trust to even unlock the levels on the skill grid. It's still kinda a lame completion system, but it works better here and I'm looking up how to unlock all of the field skills and doing them along with the sidequests so I can access everything while exploring.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34557 on: April 02, 2020, 12:03:04 AM »
I liked how the smaller setting allowed Monolith to reign themselves in a bit more... unlocking new skills via doing miscellaneous things was neat but not very interesting when you had a million blades to go through... having 6 or so to manage made everything a lot more interesting. I still don't get shit like "this item reduces aggro by 11%" type accessories or all the other interlocking systems, but Torna at least gave them a bit more room to breathe instead of constantly stuffing more shit down your throat like in XB2.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #34558 on: April 02, 2020, 12:13:18 AM »
I liked how the smaller setting allowed Monolith to reign themselves in a bit more... unlocking new skills via doing miscellaneous things was neat but not very interesting when you had a million blades to go through... having 6 or so to manage made everything a lot more interesting. I still don't get shit like "this item reduces aggro by 11%" type accessories or all the other interlocking systems, but Torna at least gave them a bit more room to breathe instead of constantly stuffing more shit down your throat like in XB2.

Yeah, I find the majority of the accessories useless. I pretty much just throw on HP up, accuracy during the day up (try to just hang during the day), and maybe some phys def up and leave it.

Bebpo

« Reply #34559 on: April 02, 2020, 03:31:38 AM »
Torna lol at the bit before the final dungeon/boss. Glad I've been doing every sidequest to this point, I'm like halfway to the needed town stories level. But man, Monolith really made XB2 franchise a total grind fest. Pretty lame design choices across the board.