Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559026 times)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #34620 on: April 06, 2020, 01:14:01 AM »
Double-dipped on Evil Within on X1 (already got all cheevs on 360) and got Evil Within 2 as they are on sale (70% off or so). I liked the first game too much and think it's the true successor to RE4. Cant wait to do AKUMA mode again as it was fuckin awesome :hyper

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34621 on: April 06, 2020, 05:46:01 AM »
Im at lvl 23 in ACO

What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34622 on: April 06, 2020, 11:53:11 PM »
Having a blast with DQ Builders 2... it's more of the same, with some slight refinements to 1, but I loved 1 so no complaints here. Just in the middle of Furrowfield, so not too far along. But it's addicting as hell...

Also one of the NPC's dialogue is zoomer speech... like she says "it's lit" and shit. I miss the days of the medieval dialogue of the originals :P
^_^

paprikastaude

« Reply #34623 on: April 07, 2020, 01:05:01 PM »
I'm having a much easier time with Nioh 2 than 1 and I now believe it's because it's really imbalanced. In the first game I went for a light build, which is ultimately real shit for bosses. You get lots of stamina but only chip away minimal life. With a tank and heavy weapons you just plow through big enemies.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34624 on: April 07, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
lvl 65

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Had dinner with the entire family, pater, mater, alexios and yes even that fuckface Stentor lived. BOOM happy ending

Then sealed Atlantis, Cassandra pulling a wonder woman in modern times, crazy Isu alien shit.

Now to kill the last cultist.
[close]
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34625 on: April 07, 2020, 09:58:35 PM »
lvl 65

Had dinner with the entire family, pater, mater, alexios and yes even that fuckface Stentor lived. BOOM happy ending

Then sealed Atlantis, Cassandra pulling a wonder woman in modern times, crazy Isu alien shit.

Now to kill the last cultist.
[close]

I took out the rest of the cult while still on level 47. :win
[close]
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #34626 on: April 08, 2020, 02:34:45 AM »
Started Disco Elysium. Stats and skills are pretty different here. An hour in and thinking about re-rolling. Writing is very good!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34627 on: April 08, 2020, 08:47:12 AM »
Don't worry too much about your starting stats/skills, the game's pretty flexible with how you progress and there are plenty of ways to boost stats even temporarily.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #34628 on: April 08, 2020, 02:58:44 PM »
Hmm, I first made my own character and focused on INT/PSYCH while ignoring Physical/Agility. Thinking I'd talk my way through stuff.

Then I died in the first room turning the lights on and found out there's no auto-save so I had to start over and I just used the emotional psych build that's a mix of psych and physical with low int & agility.
What confuses me are the actual skills on the skill page with like a 24 different things. Not sure if none of them are useful at lower levels and only the ones I have at 5 or so are actually useful. I've noticed early on that all the stat check roles, even for stuff I have at 5/6 are really low and a crapshoot.

I was expecting something closer to like Planescape without combat, but yeah this is more it's own thing so far. Seems very interesting, though the UI is a little cumbersome.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34629 on: April 08, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »
Even skills on low levels can still be useful, so don't be afraid to spread points around a little bit.

And yeah, having no physical ability will get you killed a lot, as it did me.  :lol
dog

Coffee Dog

« Reply #34630 on: April 08, 2020, 03:38:30 PM »
I went full int and i still put a couple points in hand/eye coordination  and perception by the end of the game. Taking a couple points in physical skills makes your life a lot easier in many situations.

You can reattempt a skill check if you put a point into the stats. This makes clothes a huge deal, as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #34631 on: April 08, 2020, 03:46:24 PM »
Thanks for the tips! Will play some more tonight. Still on the first part with the body hanging on the tree since I only played an hour.
My favorite dialogue bit so far was calling into the police station on the patrol car and everyone at the station laughing at losing my badge & gun. That was pretty funny.

Also one of my problems with dialogue choices these days in games is I always want to pick the troll dialogue to see what happens, but it ends up bad for my character a lot. Hard to play things serious when the troll responses are good.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34632 on: April 08, 2020, 06:51:08 PM »
So yeah I'm so into Ace Combat 7 now lol. Such an epic game.

Some really dope music too

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34633 on: April 08, 2020, 07:11:09 PM »
So yeah I'm so into Ace Combat 7 now lol. Such an epic game.

Some really dope music too

Underrated gem  :pimp
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #34634 on: April 08, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
Yeah, heard nothing but good stuff about it. AC5 Remaster & AC7 are still in my backlog but definitely want to play them.

Svejk

« Reply #34635 on: April 08, 2020, 08:38:52 PM »
I love AC7, but man... Those missions that require a certain amount of points within a time limit drive me nuts.   I need to stop sucking and get passed the one I'm stuck on.. Mission 13 I think?

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34636 on: April 08, 2020, 09:22:31 PM »
I think you have to have a really specific loadout to do well in each mission, as well as knowing the special weapons inside out. I'm playing through on easy mode and playing online to rack up cash to get the high end planes, then I'm gonna try actually ranking well. You need to beat the game on all difficulties for an achievement anyhow so I don't mind playing on scrub difficulty while I'm still learning the game

Himu

« Reply #34637 on: April 08, 2020, 09:29:16 PM »
there's an AC5 remaster? is it good?
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #34638 on: April 09, 2020, 01:04:08 AM »
there's an AC5 remaster? is it good?

I think so? It's just an upressed PS2 game, no changes. Was a pre-order bonus for AC7.

Not sure if they have started selling it separate now.

Bebpo

« Reply #34639 on: April 09, 2020, 03:18:12 AM »
Like 3 hours in, finally solved one quest in Disco Elyisum. The mystery of the cursed bookstore. This game is still really overwhelming. The map of the town area is huge with tons to interact with and lots of people and all these skill checks where you're like 3%-37% chance of passing and then after you fail most of them you can't retry until you put a point in their skill, but there's so many skills and you don't gain levels that fast.

Game is hard in that I'm not used to crpgs where you fail 90% of the skill checks. Makes me think it's my build and I should re-roll, but I think that's just how the game is until you have the clothes and various modifiers.

Still liking it, just it feels like a game that I'll stumble my way through and miss a million things on my first playthrough and then read up on how things work and then have a much better playthrough the 2nd time.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #34640 on: April 09, 2020, 03:50:57 AM »
Missing things is kind of the point of an rpg? Your choices matter. Being good at one thing means you miss out on something that needed another skill.

Most modern rpgs seem to kinda miss the point about the genre.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34641 on: April 09, 2020, 08:49:28 AM »
I save-scummed a lot in Disco Elysium. :trumps
dog

Coffee Dog

« Reply #34642 on: April 09, 2020, 11:03:04 AM »
Disco Elysium's failure states are so good and so nonrestrictive that you can just go around fucking up everything and it doesnt hurt too bad (most of the time). I cant imagine your build is so bad that there's nothing to do; you had to put your points somewhere, after all, and no physical skills means you're just dying to visualize a crime scene or talk to some witnesses.

Some of my favorite dialogue trees in the entire game come only after failed skill checks. I rolled with everything my first playthrough and had a great time :)

Bebpo

« Reply #34643 on: April 09, 2020, 01:05:30 PM »
Yeah, I roll everything even if it’s 3%

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34644 on: April 09, 2020, 02:46:53 PM »
and it doesnt hurt too bad (most of the time).

Right until you want to cheat Garte out of some money, so you can have the nice sneakers early

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34645 on: April 09, 2020, 10:38:24 PM »
Replaying the Evil Within and I still love it. Sure it's got some technical issues but the world and lore is just so good. I'm ripping through the game pretty easily - looking forward to getting to the real game - AKUMU mode

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34646 on: April 10, 2020, 04:37:58 PM »
Finally after 132 hours no more quests in Assassins Creed Odyssey  :rejoice

🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #34647 on: April 11, 2020, 12:25:42 AM »
Kinda random, but once I finish up the Hitman 2 DLC, I really only have two games left in my "started and put real time into but never finished and want to" active backlog (vs backlog of games I haven't started) and they're Bravely Default & DQXI.

I finally booted up DQXI PS4 JP to do the transfer code out of curiosity. I don't know why the western versions didn't have this, but in the JP versions any church can give you a NES Megaman style password to write down and you can use it on the 3DS or Switch version to transfer your save back and forth.

Then I booted up the Switch version and tried loading my PS4 save. It worked, but it's interesting in how it does it. You keep your levels and your gold and your skill points are all respec'd so you have the points but no skills bought. You may keep some small healing items and quest items. But all your gear is gone it seems and maybe a lot of your items and all your cleared quests are gone (says 0/26 quests), all your stats/records/small medals/encyclopedia are gone.

So...that kinda sucks. Since I was already thinking about just doing a full restart on the Switch version because it's been a couple years and I don't remember it much at this point, maybe I'll just do the new game+ from this save which will start me at the beginning again but lvl.24 or so with 48 skill points and 3,600 gold. Should basically let me speedrun through while refreshing on the game until I'm back where I am and should decrease the overall grind for a while with the extra xp/gold.

I do wish the PC version had the Switch additions. It's a little rough going to the ugly version of the game, but even the PS4 version is just the middle-tier visual version since the PC version looks so much better. But the new quest stories/gameplay content in the Switch version + speed additions make me want to play that one.

Bebpo

« Reply #34648 on: April 12, 2020, 11:03:10 PM »
Tried the first couple hours of Days Gone until it opened up a little. It's not bad, but man the UI sucks and the movement/driving controls feel floaty. I mean it feels more sluggish than RDR2 which is something.

Bebpo

« Reply #34649 on: April 13, 2020, 07:44:12 PM »
My other thought on Days Gone from checking it out yesterday is that so much of the game feels aped from The Last of Us. It's like Sony told Bend "go make an open world Last of Us". The whole sneaking around/stealth with picking up gas cans and rags and crafting them into supplies as you stealth around and take out zombies in a semi-open area environment while avoiding/fighting zombies and hitting stuff with 2x4s is waaaay too clone-y. Especially since it controls/plays/looks way worse than Last of Us.

I read that hard mode in Days Gone is essentially closer to Normal mode in most games and the game is boring if there's no challenging so I'm playing it on hard where fighting more than 2 zombies at a time is pretty close to death, so was mostly stealthing when I played. I get the more combat heavy side of fighting big hordes with weaponry along with the open-world driving is more the uniqueness of it, but it still seems pretty much like a Last of Us clone.

Which considering the last thing Bend did before it was make an Uncharted clone (Uncharted Vita) from ND's previous game...sorta makes sense.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34650 on: April 13, 2020, 07:52:36 PM »
Days Gone couldnt be any more boring. It's probably the most accurate portrayal of a zombie apocalypse though. Boring, drab, unfun, with a story that goes pretty much nowhere
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #34651 on: April 13, 2020, 08:14:44 PM »
I mean a check off the box open world with zombies and crafting/collecting and stealth isn't the worst thing ever. I thought the couple hours I played were fun enough to keep playing in a Mad Max kind of I could spend a dozen or two hours in this sandbox easy way.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34652 on: April 13, 2020, 11:54:16 PM »
Man Ace Combat 7 is the game I never knew I needed. It's different from any other game I've fucked with in the past 20 years. I'm still only up to mission 13 in the campaign as I'm mostly focusing on the multiplayer because I want to smash out the multi achievements. Almost done with them! I'm getting quite good at blowing people up in my shitty F-14. Should probably get a high end plane or something

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34653 on: April 14, 2020, 12:10:42 AM »
Man Ace Combat 7 is the game I never knew I needed. It's different from any other game I've fucked with in the past 20 years. I'm still only up to mission 13 in the campaign as I'm mostly focusing on the multiplayer because I want to smash out the multi achievements. Almost done with them! I'm getting quite good at blowing people up in my shitty F-14. Should probably get a high end plane or something

I'd keep the F-14 but then again I know a lot of people who were involved in that plane's development from my Grumman days...
^_^

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34654 on: April 14, 2020, 02:30:10 AM »
Yeah I dig the F-14 cos 80s/danger zone/A E S T H E T I C, but its stats just aint shit compared to the current gen shit like F-22s and the latest Sukhois.

Probably gonna pull the trigger on the season pass even though its expensive, I want the superplanes to make getting S ranks in the campaign easier and I hear the extra missions are pretty good.

Svejk

« Reply #34655 on: April 14, 2020, 06:08:39 AM »
Yeah I dig the F-14 cos 80s/danger zone/A E S T H E T I C, but its stats just aint shit compared to the current gen shit like F-22s and the latest Sukhois.

Probably gonna pull the trigger on the season pass even though its expensive, I want the superplanes to make getting S ranks in the campaign easier and I hear the extra missions are pretty good.
The Season Pass is on sale right now for $12 fiddy till the end of this month.  I've been highly considering it as well..

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34656 on: April 14, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »

The Season Pass is on sale right now for $12 fiddy till the end of this month.  I've been highly considering it as well..
Not on Xbox  :fbm

Or did I already buy it, I honestly don't remember  :thinking
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #34657 on: April 14, 2020, 09:24:24 AM »
F-16 > every other plane.
I like single-engine ones.

Svejk

« Reply #34658 on: April 14, 2020, 09:57:51 AM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34659 on: April 14, 2020, 04:39:31 PM »

The DLC missions are fucking great.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34660 on: April 14, 2020, 04:40:16 PM »
PLAY AC0

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34661 on: April 14, 2020, 06:36:29 PM »

Its $35NZD on the Xbone (approx $21USD) so not too bad, and it's not like I have much else to spend my money on during Covid lockdown :money

Lol went to xbox.com and scooped it while typing this. Gonna fly a new plane after I knock off from work  :win

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34662 on: April 14, 2020, 06:41:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

lol is that from Iron Eagle? The theme song is so good - might warez the film for drunken viewing soon

Svejk

« Reply #34663 on: April 14, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

lol is that from Iron Eagle? The theme song is so good - might warez the film for drunken viewing soon

Oh yeah  :mynicca

Ok... I may need to get the Season pass just for the music player and get this on there.  Fits right in.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #34664 on: April 14, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »
is that how the player works? I thought it was just a sound test feature... regardless the song is on Spotify so I can play it over the game if I need to

bluemax

« Reply #34665 on: April 14, 2020, 10:17:49 PM »
I mean a check off the box open world with zombies and crafting/collecting and stealth isn't the worst thing ever. I thought the couple hours I played were fun enough to keep playing in a Mad Max kind of I could spend a dozen or two hours in this sandbox easy way.

I felt (and this was like day 0) that the resources in the game were a bit stingy and the rate things depleted was a bit too fast. So I spent more time gathering resources than progressing.
NO

Svejk

« Reply #34666 on: April 14, 2020, 11:59:31 PM »
is that how the player works? I thought it was just a sound test feature... regardless the song is on Spotify so I can play it over the game if I need to
Just looked it up. Ugh.. that's lame.  I assumed it was play your own music. ... Why is such a default feature put away in the season pass?? Booo

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34667 on: April 15, 2020, 07:13:10 AM »
Finally got into the Valorant beta, and it's certainly a lot more counter strike than Overwatch or TF. So far it seems cool, but needs some changes and tweaks for sure.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34668 on: April 15, 2020, 11:23:26 AM »
Id rather not give Riot/China kernel level acces to my computer

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/04/ring-0-of-fire-does-riot-games-new-anti-cheat-measure-go-too-far/

Riot's new Vanguard anti-cheat system—which involves a kernel-level driver that has very low-level access to your system

What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #34669 on: April 15, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
lol at least you're consistent

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #34670 on: April 15, 2020, 12:33:43 PM »
yeah they put vanguard into lol a few months ago too so i assume that'll be the anti-cheat across all their games. really makes me wary of their fighter, might get that on console or something instead

Svejk

« Reply #34671 on: April 15, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »
After putting down FFVIIR for the evening,  I randomly decided to boot up Warframe for a sec to see what's up with it lately.  I remembered then, I got stuck at the Europa Gate and could not get past that boss, as to why I put it down for awhile.  I said fuck it and decided to try it again.  I totally destroyed him!   :o  Not sure what my deal was before, but Europa is now unlocked and that Warframe hype is starting to kindle once again.  :lol 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34672 on: April 15, 2020, 03:35:46 PM »
lol at least you're consistent

Im also already juggling too many fps games as is ;)
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34673 on: April 15, 2020, 06:22:13 PM »
Id rather not give Riot/China kernel level acces to my computer

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/04/ring-0-of-fire-does-riot-games-new-anti-cheat-measure-go-too-far/

Riot's new Vanguard anti-cheat system—which involves a kernel-level driver that has very low-level access to your system

I already done this to faceit and ESEA for csgo... and ESEA actually fucking did crypto mining

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/20/esea_gaming_bitcoin_fine/

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #34674 on: April 15, 2020, 06:24:56 PM »
not my best play of the day

https://streamable.com/dtf467

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34675 on: April 15, 2020, 09:05:52 PM »
DQ Builders 2 while I wait for Amazon to ship my FF7r copy. I just made it off Skelletraz. I like it but it seems a bit more constricted and handholdy than the original. It's got some things I appreciate (a few things to make knowing what to build for your blueprints easier, for instance... and stats/equipment that carry over between lands) and some things that I don't like as much (the terraforming type stuff, the farming, and aforementioned handholding).
^_^

RyoonZ

« Reply #34676 on: April 15, 2020, 09:19:06 PM »

Some story for this game. I first played FFVII when I got PS1 in 2002 or 2003 I think when I was 4rd grade. I have basic understanding of English at that time. Not really impressed with the graphic since PS2 was already out even though we can't afford it. The impression I got from opening scene was that Aerith is actually a witch and main villain lol. And I thought Tifa was Barret's wife. I played it until I was stuck at the area after getting off the train with Barret and Tifa. I thought my game was broken because the tunnel seems endless and I dropped the game.

I finally beat the game when it was re-released again for the PS4. For the remake, the visual obviously look amazing, no complaint about the character design, very faithful. Beautiful and flashy cutscene as expected from Squarr Enix. Some texture look horrendous though, like the door in Cloud's apartment.. The music is phenomenal, quite possibly the greatest thing that came out of this remake. Battle system is fantastic as well, materia setup is a must in hard difficulty. Don't like the slow moving to hide loading, that was a chore to replay. Side quests are alright, there's obvious inspiration from Yakuza, you can see in the minigames as well.  It wasn't as good as Yakuza's side quests but there's not a lot, it's alright, didn't felt like padding to me.

Okay, so everything was good but yeah the story. I don't agree with what they're doing but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully we'll survive to see the final part of this remake.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34677 on: April 16, 2020, 09:56:03 AM »
Nice job getting the platinum. It doesnt sound too bad once you got some materia leveled up.
fat

BisMarckie

« Reply #34678 on: April 16, 2020, 11:02:13 PM »
I continue my MGS marathon by playing Portable Ops. The missions are trivially easy so far, but man the clunky and unresponsive controls really suck, especially during the first boss fight. The recruiting mechanic is balls as well. But I like the style of the cutscenes I guess...

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #34679 on: April 17, 2020, 02:17:43 AM »
Been replaying
The ADFs, Wyvern and their speed are just too good to give up.