Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 1442967 times)

Bebpo

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #34800 on: May 14, 2019, 02:35:54 AM »
Played a ton more Guacamelee 2, got through the 2nd temple, prison, in inferno for the second time now on the way to the last? temple. I think I have close to all the power ups so I'm going around finishing getting all the chests. I forgot how short these games are (in a good way). Stuff like Hollow Knight I play for weeks with like 30-40 hour game length and slower careful pacing, but Guacamelee 1/2 are like beat in 2-3 sittings (hell maybe even 1 sitting on replays) games that just move fast, fast, fast and you're constantly getting new abilities like every 30-45 mins. Really great pacing.

They did a good job on the chicken parts in this one. I don't remember them being so good in the original but a lot of the platforming puzzles with the abilities are really well done. Only one that feels a little less original is the refresher dots which are straight out of Celeste, but everything else feels neat.

I also enjoy all the references, the Street Fighter 2 car bit was  :rofl

And the chicken kingdom music is so great.

Unless there's a lot more to the game, guessing I'll finish it next time I play or two. Was a good fun break from long ass rpgs and stuff.

Bebpo

« Reply #34801 on: May 14, 2019, 02:40:44 AM »
Oh and the "Grindiest Timeline" was pretty funny. Like if that went any longer it'd be annoying since it's slooow, but was great with the length it is.

Borys

• CAPTAIN OF XBOX DEATH SQUAD
« Reply #34802 on: May 14, 2019, 03:04:03 AM »
Do the Timed Challenges Bebpo they are very short and very fun (kind of... hehehehe). Oh and the Dankest Timeline cave for reeeeeeeeeeeee type of posters.

---

I got the ship in Chrono Cross and am clearing the Ghost Ship. Game is very, very fun! I kind of forgot the Chrono Trigger story after all these years. I only remember the Frog, the triangle magic spells, Lavos and dinosaurs. Will have to refresh my memory because in this title they are calling me the Assassin of Time/ Chrono Trigger. Deepest lore?

Also why do I need 40 party members. JESUS. CHRIST. I think I've unlocked 50% of the team already (looking at the grid) but am only using THREE PEOPLE. The same silly thing Suikoden was up to! Why do the PSX-era JRPGs focused so much on gazillion party members? It makes them unmemorable, filler (hehehe). Later on the JRPG devs wisened up and did stuff like FF12 with specific party exclusive Hunts (i.e. Female Only) or FF13 with whole chapters where you were forced to play with selected party members. Those are much better ideas than 40-people cast. Or just cut the team size further down to 4 people like in FF15.

FF16 to have 3 party members confirmed?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:12:15 AM by Borys »

Bebpo

« Reply #34803 on: May 14, 2019, 03:20:50 AM »
Yeah, I remember when I played CC I didn't remember much about CT's story even then so I just took it as it went.

One of the often cited "negatives" about CC is yeah you get a million characters but there's not much use for most of them and they often have very little story. Which to me is similar to Suikoden, but I'm fine with the variety in both. I kind of like an idea of an rpg where almost every NPC is recruitable just because.

Do the Timed Challenges Bebpo they are very short and very fun (kind of... hehehehe). Oh and the Dankest Timeline cave for reeeeeeeeeeeee type of posters.

Where are these?

Also what the fuck was up with the house of doors? I spent all that gold and got...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
1 gold

:(

Borys

« Reply #34804 on: May 14, 2019, 03:26:24 AM »
They are... up in the sky. You can see it on the world map. You can get there from one of the flat areas by going up. It's impossible to miss, honestly, it's a big, floating temple with like 20 doors upfront. Each door is one particular, timed challenge.

Bebpo

« Reply #34805 on: May 14, 2019, 04:54:18 AM »
Ok, guessing it appears later. Didnt see it on the map yet.

MMaRsu

« Reply #34806 on: May 14, 2019, 05:24:26 AM »
Been playing Ninja Gaiden 2

No action game comes close, since this has an awesome dismemberment system

Except NGB ofcourse

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34807 on: May 14, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
BABIES! Adorable, yet strangely dark game. That carpet bombing of the village early on was gruesome. :lol

Just defeated the possessed Hammer Bros. The inputs break my brain occasionally (all face buttons are in use), but it's good fun.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:58:07 AM by Rufus »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34808 on: May 14, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »
Going through the FFXV Royal Edition content, finished the 4 DLCs, Chapter 13 verse 2, and now replaying Chapter 14 since that's where I hear the new content is.

First off, I'm pretty disappointed that the extra content isn't on the disk and I had to put in the code/download everything separately. But whatevs.

Episode Gladio - a pretty meh linear dungeon crawl, with a few fairly tough boss fights. Doesn't seem to add anything to the story but the Gilgamesh cameo is always appreciated.

Episode Prompto - it fleshes out Prompto's character, including a late game plot point that was glossed over in the base game, and actually has a small 'open world' with sidequests later in the DLC. But that doesn't mean it's very fun to play. They turned FFXV into a janky 3rd person shooter through bland industrial corridors, it felt like I stepped back in time to the PS360 gen. And the shooter mechanics in the FFXV engine are as clunky as you'd expect. The sidequests are run of the mill fetch quests that I mostly skipped, since they're active at different times of the day. You get a snowmobile which is pretty fun to ride though.

Episode Ignis - the gameplay is pretty fun, since it's a bit faster than base FFXV and allows you to change attack styles. But it doesn't feel like it adds much to the story either. There's a thing where you can wrestle control of different districts of Altissia from imperial troops, but it doesn't seem to have much effect on anything. I like the Altissia setting in this game (makes me more excited to go to Venice later this year) and the gameplay wasn't too bad, so I liked this DLC overall.

Episode Ardyn - probably the best of the DLCs. Ardyn is pretty fast moving and responsive, and you get to explore Insomnia a bit. It fleshes out his character a good deal more than the base game. If you're gonna play one DLC, make it this one.

Chapter 13 Verse 2 - since everyone loved the original game's Chapter 13 that goes on FOREVERRR, now we have another half hour of it. But at least this time you can play as Gladio and use your more traditional attack style. Fleshes out Ravus's character a tiny bit and is over fast enough.
HOUSE

Chooky

« Reply #34809 on: May 14, 2019, 10:24:34 PM »
are you telling me Ep Ignis didnt make you emotional as shit? you heartless monster

shosta

• read my lips: no new praxis
« Reply #34810 on: May 16, 2019, 08:17:41 PM »
Am I going to find a metroidvania that even remotely compares to Hollow Knight or should I not bother? Guacamelee looks like a good contender.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #34811 on: May 16, 2019, 09:27:01 PM »
Am I going to find a metroidvania that even remotely compares to Hollow Knight or should I not bother? Guacamelee looks like a good contender.

Haven't played Hollow Knight but if you're into puzzle platformers, you'll enjoy Monster Boy.
HOUSE

Bebpo

« Reply #34812 on: May 17, 2019, 12:50:22 AM »

Probably not, but Guacamelee's good. It's closer to Celeste and Super Meat Boy than Hollow Knight imo. The combat is never too hard but the platforming will make your palms sweat.

Bebpo

« Reply #34813 on: May 17, 2019, 01:02:47 AM »
Beat Guacamelee 2. Was great. Some of the platforming in the last dungeon and optional areas are >_____<

But, I think the game's easier than the first overall. Like in the original I 99%'d the game only because I couldn't beat the last 2 screens or so of Treetops platforming. Here when I got to Treetops I was like OH FUCK ME NO and then they're like "you're almost there, the key is so close" and IT'S NOT, but I made it through and beat the treetops section and all the optional platforming bits I ran across, so I feel like that was easier here. The final boss was also really easy which was weird because I remember the last boss in the original being pretty challenging until you got all the moves down. Combat is still satisfying but G2 feels even more platformer focused than G1, which is fine since the platforming is good. Some of the bits in the last dungeon with snakes and stuff were really fun.

I did read there's some chicken trial thing that's harder than treetops in the original though, so maybe not on the easier part.

Anyhow, took me almost 9 hours and I didn't get close to 100%. Probably gonna clean up a bit and try for the last couple keys I'm missing for the true end.

Overall Guacamelee 2 is more of the same, but when the original is one of my top Metroidvania's with Hollow Knight, SoTN and Super Metroid, another quality Guacamelee is a good playthrough. Great art, great music, funny writing and I even liked the story. Will be interesting to see what Drinkbox does next. Severed wasn't as good as Guacamelee but it was pretty creative & interesting. I'm surprised they didn't port it to Switch since they ported it to iOS and it's touchscreen based.

One thing I do really like about Guacamelee 1 & 2 is I feel like in gaming they're the best celebration of Mexican culture since like Grim Fandango.

They are... up in the sky. You can see it on the world map. You can get there from one of the flat areas by going up. It's impossible to miss, honestly, it's a big, floating temple with like 20 doors upfront. Each door is one particular, timed challenge.

So I went to this place and the guy goes "before you enter, you have to pay your dues...literally, uh, do you want to go to the PSN store?"  :lol

Not sure if I want to pay extra for it, but I'll watch some youtube vids of it and see.

Borys

« Reply #34814 on: May 17, 2019, 01:04:05 AM »

I think not as HK is the pinnacle of the genre even besting Super Metroid and SOTN. Adjust your expectations (downwards) slightly and enjoy other titles? Guacamelee is kind of different. Same genre but different flavour.

Ori is kind of good and stylistycally similiar to HK (dark forests and caves). I'd suggest Ori over Guacamelee but Ori has like no bosses at all vs HK 456789876 bosses.

Borys

« Reply #34815 on: May 17, 2019, 01:07:24 AM »

So I went to this place and the guy goes "before you enter, you have to pay your dues...literally, uh, do you want to go to the PSN store?"  :lol

Not sure if I want to pay extra for it, but I'll watch some youtube vids of it and see.

Aww shit that is DLC ? :lol I didn't even notice as I have the Complete GOG Edition :rofl

Borys

« Reply #34816 on: May 17, 2019, 01:09:53 AM »
I think Guacamelee! 2 ultra bombed. There was like no hype for it vs when the first game launched :(

Bebpo

« Reply #34817 on: May 17, 2019, 01:16:47 AM »
I think Guacamelee! 2 ultra bombed. There was like no hype for it vs when the first game launched :(

Yeah I just youtubed the

Javier x 3 fight
, since you mentioned it and I didn't run into it (only found 3 of the key parts) and the video only had 118 views and 0 comments. The first game was pretty underrated. They ported it everywhere to get more exposure little by little but most people haven't even heard of it. Not surprised Pt.2 bombed.

Then again in the credits, Drinkbox studio is like...10 people. So hopefully the games sell enough to keep them afloat.

The soundtrack is so good too.

I think not as HK is the pinnacle of the genre even besting Super Metroid and SOTN. Adjust your expectations (downwards) slightly and enjoy other titles? Guacamelee is kind of different. Same genre but different flavour.

Ori is kind of good and stylistycally similiar to HK (dark forests and caves). I'd suggest Ori over Guacamelee but Ori has like no bosses at all vs HK 456789876 bosses.

I still haven't played Ori after all these years  :(

I have the directors cut version they released after, so I'll give it a play one of these days.

The Sceneman

• I need to get huge, I need to stay huge.
« Reply #34818 on: May 17, 2019, 05:06:59 AM »
Just been smashing through Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition.

The DLC content is sweet! Never did the Wheels of Fury stuff first time as theres no achievements - but the futuristic race-car you get is super sweet. Just about to do the 'Zodiac Tournament' DLC, which apparently is parody/homage to Enter the Dragon. I'm havent seen the film (although funnily enough have seen Jim Kelly's follow up flicks - Black Belt Jones and Hot Potato). Hopefully I'll be able to appreciate the content well enough. I'm hoping there will a black dude with a massive afro to fight
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:38:49 AM by The Sceneman »

porkbun

« Reply #34819 on: May 17, 2019, 08:42:55 AM »
No Jim Kelly clones in there to fight (his character was Bruce's friend in the movie).  But it is a fun DLC that is all fighting.  You may not get all the references, but ETD's plot isn't exactly Shakespeare.  An undercover cop goes into a fighting tournament to try and bust a crime lord.  Mortal Kombat basically used the same thing.

The Nightmare in North Point DLC is fun as well, again, it may help if you've seen Hong Kong kyonshi ("hopping vampire") movies like Mr. Vampire but it's a nice take on the "zombie mode" subgenre.

One thing I did really like about SD was how deep the Hong Kong movie references got.  Like they had the expected Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan outfits, but there was stuff from Stephen Chow and Andy Lau movies in there as well.

It was originally going to be a full on Hong Kong/USA co-production with the in-game actors being from HK (most of them can speak pretty good English).  The early promo movie for it was filmed in HK and had legit people from the industry working on it behind the camera.  Suppoedly Sammo Hung was going to have a big part in the game and helping with doing the mocap for the kung fu moves.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:49:48 AM by porkbun »

porkbun

« Reply #34820 on: May 17, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
I hit quote instead of modify, I am dumb.  Which is further proven by the fact that I played the Lynx version of Pit Fighter for an hour on the bus today.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:50:36 AM by porkbun »

Borys

« Reply #34821 on: May 17, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »
Chrono Cross is fucking AMAZING.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34822 on: May 17, 2019, 09:10:43 AM »

:aah
dog

The Sceneman

« Reply #34823 on: May 17, 2019, 10:09:31 AM »
No Jim Kelly clones in there to fight (his character was Bruce's friend in the movie).  But it is a fun DLC that is all fighting.  You may not get all the references, but ETD's plot isn't exactly Shakespeare.  An undercover cop goes into a fighting tournament to try and bust a crime lord.  Mortal Kombat basically used the same thing.

The Nightmare in North Point DLC is fun as well, again, it may help if you've seen Hong Kong kyonshi ("hopping vampire") movies like Mr. Vampire but it's a nice take on the "zombie mode" subgenre.

One thing I did really like about SD was how deep the Hong Kong movie references got.  Like they had the expected Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan outfits, but there was stuff from Stephen Chow and Andy Lau movies in there as well.

It was originally going to be a full on Hong Kong/USA co-production with the in-game actors being from HK (most of them can speak pretty good English).  The early promo movie for it was filmed in HK and had legit people from the industry working on it behind the camera.  Suppoedly Sammo Hung was going to have a big part in the game and helping with doing the mocap for the kung fu moves.

Thanks for your post mr porkbun :D

I love Wei Shen's voice actor - nails his part with gusto. What an interesting game with such an unusual production.

I saw this video a few months ago, the latter half of it details SD development:

The Sceneman

« Reply #34824 on: May 17, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »
I hit quote instead of modify, I am dumb.  Which is further proven by the fact that I played the Lynx version of Pit Fighter for an hour on the bus today.

Whoa, I imagine a port of a bad game on a shitty system must be some next level shit. I tip my hat to you

The Sceneman

« Reply #34825 on: May 17, 2019, 10:18:54 AM »
ngl this actually looks p dope. The music is hypnotic

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:24:55 AM by The Sceneman »

kingv

« Reply #34826 on: May 17, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »
Huh, that makes me interested in sleepy dawgs.

I didnt know it was so influenced by HK action movies.

Someone really needs to make a game that references all the crazier ones, like 5 deadly venoms or flying guillotine.

The Sceneman

« Reply #34827 on: May 17, 2019, 11:03:02 AM »
Its mostly influenced by Grand Theft Auto I think - theres just a lot of oddball extra content

porkbun

« Reply #34828 on: May 17, 2019, 11:14:55 AM »
Well it is an open world game - so it is influenced by GTA of course - but a lot of the in game content owes a lot to Hong Kong movies.  The plot has elements of Infernal Affairs (remade in the US as The Departed) and some missions are total nods to HK movies - the mission in the hospital is totally derived from the finale of John Woo's Hard Boiled, the one in the church is from Woo's The Killer (down to Wei wearing a blood stained white suit like Chow Yun Fat) - and the whole dual guns akimbo in slo-mo was a trademark of Woo's Hong Kong "heroic bloodshed" movies.

And Pit Fighter on the Lynx actually isn't too bad.  It's certainly a lot better than the SNES version.  The moves are easy to pull off and there's a bit more strategy since the specials use some of your character's energy, so you can't just spam them like other versions.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34829 on: May 17, 2019, 12:48:33 PM »
Chrono Cross is fucking AMAZING.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

nice blown up assets. barf
fat

kingv

« Reply #34830 on: May 17, 2019, 02:24:14 PM »
Speaking of John woo. Stranglehold was actually pretty good.

MMaRsu

« Reply #34831 on: May 17, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »
Speaking of John woo. Stranglehold was actually pretty good.

Yeah when the fuck is that coming to backwards compatibility though? I purchased it recently in anticipation..

Stro

• I'm just a dragon-canine boye
« Reply #34832 on: May 17, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »
Sleepy Dawgs was awesome. Loved running around town doing Ryder kicks to old ladies.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34833 on: May 17, 2019, 03:53:35 PM »
Sleepy Dawgs was one of the best open-world games of the 360/PS3 generation.
dog

Borys

« Reply #34834 on: May 18, 2019, 03:58:39 AM »
I am playing as the bad guys now (Marle, Lynx) :o This game :bow

Bebpo

« Reply #34835 on: May 18, 2019, 04:44:55 AM »
Ooooh, yeah I totally forgot CC is the rpg with the mindfuck plot twist midway where

MC goes into Antagonists body

And you wake up in pastel rainbow land. That was pretty awesome back in like 99 or whenever it came out. Even for Jrpg twists like Aerith, that was tops.

I remember that twist being one of the reasons I really liked CC in the end.

Bebpo

« Reply #34836 on: May 18, 2019, 04:47:09 AM »
I kinda miss when Jrpgs all had crazy ass twists. FF7, Xenogears, CC, great time to be an rpg fan. FFT had some cool stuff too.

Bebpo

« Reply #34837 on: May 18, 2019, 04:50:58 AM »
Also a lot of the key CC team did Baten Kaitos at Monolithsoft which was also pretty crazy and ambitious and colorful with great tunes.

Borys

« Reply #34838 on: May 18, 2019, 11:36:08 AM »
I kinda miss when Jrpgs all had crazy ass twists. FF7, Xenogears, CC, great time to be an rpg fan. FFT had some cool stuff too.

FF8 as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #34839 on: May 18, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »
True. FF8 is probably the most crazy FF in a lot of ways. Talked about this last night with Kara. Would be nice if they remake 8 someday.

Svejk

« Reply #34840 on: May 18, 2019, 01:35:26 PM »
True. FF8 is probably the most crazy FF in a lot of ways. Talked about this last night with Kara. Would be nice if they remake 8 someday.
FF8 needed a remake moreso, imo.  FF7 was fine the way it was, besides the horrible translations of course.

Cindi Mayweather

• you took the chip, dipped it, took a bite, and dipped it again
« Reply #34841 on: May 19, 2019, 03:09:15 AM »
At the behest of Positive Touch, started La Mulana. So far its a very fun action platformer with very involved exploration. Im really liking it. Going to play it after Bloodborne and then play Dark Souls 1.

---

I got the ship in Chrono Cross and am clearing the Ghost Ship. Game is very, very fun! I kind of forgot the Chrono Trigger story after all these years. I only remember the Frog, the triangle magic spells, Lavos and dinosaurs. Will have to refresh my memory because in this title they are calling me the Assassin of Time/ Chrono Trigger. Deepest lore?

Also why do I need 40 party members. JESUS. CHRIST. I think I've unlocked 50% of the team already (looking at the grid) but am only using THREE PEOPLE. The same silly thing Suikoden was up to! Why do the PSX-era JRPGs focused so much on gazillion party members? It makes them unmemorable, filler (hehehe). Later on the JRPG devs wisened up and did stuff like FF12 with specific party exclusive Hunts (i.e. Female Only) or FF13 with whole chapters where you were forced to play with selected party members. Those are much better ideas than 40-people cast. Or just cut the team size further down to 4 people like in FF15.

FF16 to have 3 party members confirmed?

Suikoden has six member parties FYI. In V, eight person parties (six in battle, two in support).

Does Chrono Cross get any harder? I am after the Viper Mansion and so far it's super easy, generic battles and bosses. Hoping the Mansion was still Tutorial area.

Things I like:

- crafting (!) in a 1999 JRPG
- stealing from bosses
- field arena effects
- spells have levels like -2/-1/0/+1/+2 etc.
- tons of goofy characters

There are spikes, mostly bosses.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:24:09 AM by Cindi Mayweather »

kingv

« Reply #34842 on: May 19, 2019, 10:11:22 AM »
FF8 needed a remake moreso, imo.  FF7 was fine the way it was, besides the horrible translations of course.

I just hope the remake doesnt whitewash Barrett. We need his authentic black voice.

Cindi Mayweather

• you took the chip, dipped it, took a bite, and dipped it again
« Reply #34843 on: May 19, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »

I just hope the remake doesnt whitewash Barrett. We need his authentic black voice.

:beli

HardcoreRetro

• DIGITAL MAN
« Reply #34844 on: May 19, 2019, 11:39:55 AM »
I remember photoshopping a KFC bucket around the chocobo for a cheap laugh.

So it could be worse.

benjipwns

• "the single worst content I have seen -- ever"
« Reply #34845 on: May 19, 2019, 09:54:13 PM »
I bought some dude's old pile of PS2 games from his parents garage sale for $20, it almost felt like when I'd buy the random bags of comics from local cons decades ago before they were anything more than glorified flea markets.

You could tell a decent chunk of the titles hadn't really been revisited too much, if ever.

Most importantly, got Rygar :punch

Gonna blog more about it hopefully, also tossed in some older PS1 I assume mostly jank I got for pennies a long time ago and never really did anything with, if I'm PS2in it up, might as well use some backwards compat. Also I've now mixed in some stuff I never got around to but stupidly bought.

Been ages since I sat down with console garbage fairly often alongside the normal PC Master Race life. Since the Wii times probably. It seems so quaint to fire it up for an hour or so connected solely to the TV. Also the games are giving me all kinds of ingame currency to unlock things but I can't seem to find where I can purchase large packs of a secondary currency to pay for that currency to purchase more ingame items, and none of the games have yet to complain about how I haven't plugged in a CAT5 cable into the PS2 to get it on the network to store my currencies. A very strange world I am revisiting. I don't even think I have entered any login details.

naff

• who're these assholes again?
« Reply #34846 on: May 20, 2019, 12:05:00 AM »
I suck at Ace Combat 7, but getting better. Kinda edged through the first ten missions getting C's and B's, but the annihilation missions were owning me, then i bought the AC-10c. YES. But then I got to mission 11 and the 4x Land to Air missiles weren't cutting it anymore, so i give the Super Hornet w Railgun a shot. And i fuck around with the AC-10c Bombs.. Nope. Then i finally, after many different plane and load out attempts, give the AC-10c with SP Rocket Launchers a crack. A rank. Ez mode. Cracked it. Also learnt how to just keep doing backflips to just destroy everything in my path while avoiding missile locks. Weird game, but it's starting to click. Having a lot more fun than when i tried Assault Horizons.
(_,_)

Borys

« Reply #34847 on: May 20, 2019, 03:02:38 AM »
I bought some dude's old pile of PS2 games from his parents garage sale for $20, it almost felt like when I'd buy the random bags of comics from local cons decades ago before they were anything more than glorified flea markets.

You could tell a decent chunk of the titles hadn't really been revisited too much, if ever.

Most importantly, got Rygar :punch

Gonna blog more about it hopefully, also tossed in some older PS1 I assume mostly jank I got for pennies a long time ago and never really did anything with, if I'm PS2in it up, might as well use some backwards compat. Also I've now mixed in some stuff I never got around to but stupidly bought.

Been ages since I sat down with console garbage fairly often alongside the normal PC Master Race life. Since the Wii times probably. It seems so quaint to fire it up for an hour or so connected solely to the TV. Also the games are giving me all kinds of ingame currency to unlock things but I can't seem to find where I can purchase large packs of a secondary currency to pay for that currency to purchase more ingame items, and none of the games have yet to complain about how I haven't plugged in a CAT5 cable into the PS2 to get it on the network to store my currencies. A very strange world I am revisiting. I don't even think I have entered any login details.

That's pretty neat! Please keep on posting on the blog on here about it.

MMaRsu

« Reply #34848 on: May 20, 2019, 03:08:33 AM »
How does one find cheap gba or gameboy games?

There are no garage sales where I live

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #34849 on: May 20, 2019, 05:17:30 AM »
No flea markets, either?

archnemesis

« Reply #34850 on: May 20, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
What about eBay and similar auction sites?

Spieler1

« Reply #34851 on: May 20, 2019, 07:40:01 AM »
trying to deal with fake copies on ebay :kobeyuck

MMaRsu

« Reply #34852 on: May 20, 2019, 08:50:41 AM »
No flea markets, either?

yeah but very sporadic and usually im not one to wake up at 0600 :p

But yea been using dutch ebay and yesterday I found out Facebook has a marketplace where ppl who dont know their worth sells a bunch of gb stuff

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34853 on: May 20, 2019, 10:04:46 AM »
How does one find cheap gba or gameboy games?

There are no garage sales where I live

dont you euroscrubs just buy flashcarts and pirate everything you socialist pricks
fat

HardcoreRetro

• DIGITAL MAN
« Reply #34854 on: May 20, 2019, 11:48:30 AM »
If he gets them at garage sales he might as well go the pirate/flashcart route anyways since loads of em are bootleg copies.

MMaRsu

« Reply #34855 on: May 20, 2019, 06:44:21 PM »
Yeah im trying to go the original route. I found someone selling all this, but I'm afraid to ask for the prices

:o

MMaRsu

« Reply #34856 on: May 20, 2019, 07:13:48 PM »
This is all the stuff I bought in recent weeks ( aside from the 2 GBA SP backlights and 5x DMG backlight kits )

BisMarckie

« Reply #34857 on: May 20, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
Ill have a look in my parents basement if there is still some Game Boy stuff the next time Im there. I collect retro consoles, but never cared about handhelds. Id send you that junk for free if its still there.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:24:47 PM by BisMarckie »

MMaRsu

« Reply #34858 on: May 20, 2019, 08:01:28 PM »
Man that would be so amazing ofcourse I would have to pay for shipping

:-* If I can return the favor in any way just let me know  :-[  I might have something you might be interested in who knows
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:06:17 PM by MMaRsu »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34859 on: May 20, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »
CIB Game Boy games? Oh my. Yeah that won't be cheap unless they're some dumb old grandma.

Also even though you are trying to go legit, I would still invest in a flashcart so you can take it all with you. Put that bitch in a GB Micro or GBA SP 101 mmm yes daddy
fat