Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559396 times)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #36300 on: January 18, 2021, 10:48:24 PM »
Somehow but they dont know how exactly 2 days from launch?

Not like they didnt know this beforehand. They are just sorry they have been caught with their pants down.

Seriously, I love the Hitman series and wish the best for IOI money wise, but fuck IOI and EGS and this fucking stupid ass scheme.

Just put the game up for sale everywhere and let players decide. But nah gotta grab the cash and make it annoying for players to even transfer anything.

Why anyone would go for the EGS version of these games is absolutely beyond me, at full price even.
Is it greed to want to pay your staff and not go bankrupt? Epic gave them money upfront to keep the lights on, obviously.
and "just put it out and let people buy it" would ring more credible if this third game didn't follow two absolute bombs.

Again, this sucks, but they didn't have many roads open to them.

Bebpo

« Reply #36301 on: January 18, 2021, 11:23:59 PM »
Finished the first half/act of DQXIs. Honestly seemed pretty short and the world wasn't that big. I'm at like 27 hours and I only skipped a few sidequests. Yeah, the S version is quicker, but I'd heard XI was pretty huge/epic game. Iirc I think people were mainly talking about the post-game, which can be pretty long & grindy in DQ games.

Also

spoiler (click to show/hide)
going around re-visiting all the same places at least initially seems kind of been there, done that. Hope it picks up quickly.
[close]

*edit* Actually, was looking up some stuff and this is the new content they added for the S version between Act 1 & 2. So I haven't actually gotten to Act 2 yet and seen where the game is going from there. I can see why this section feels a little filler-ish. From reading comments, people seem pretty iffy on the addition of this new content they added for S, that it kills the pacing between the end of Act 1 and start of Act 2 and spoils a lot of early surprise stuff for Act 2. Hmmm...oh well.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:40:21 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #36302 on: January 19, 2021, 12:31:00 AM »
Game has nice art direction though. On the 2nd story. Seems they're about an hour long, so 5-6 hours of break until Act 2 really starts. They're fine, but I just want to move on with the real story. Should've been optional, like choosing the character episodes from the menu after Act 1 ends.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36303 on: January 19, 2021, 09:58:02 AM »
Now that CS4 is done I started playing a few other games:

Smash Ultimate - finally downloaded the second fighter pack and played through their Spirit Boards/Classic Modes. The final fight on the ARMS spirit board was kicking my ass for a while. I like how Sephi fights, not crazy about Min Min and especially not Steve.

SOR4 - made it to the final stage and got my ass kicked. Good game, though it feels a bit easier than SOR1-3, since it's a bit easier to figure out the 'ideal' way to beat enemies. Aside from the end stage, the boss that gave me the most trouble was
Max
[close]
Not crazy about some of the new music, though I do like the song that plays under the pier before you fight Estelle.

DKC2 - you know, I'm not a huge DKC fan... the hit detection always felt a bit off and I don't like how the camera can sometimes be a bit too slow to keep up with you. Still playing through, finishing up the 4th area now (the amusement park).

Robotrek - this is my next big RPG playthrough. I got really far as a kid, to the final dungeon, but stopped for whatever reason (I think the enemies got a bit too hard and I was severely underleveled and didn't wanna grind). So now I'm playing from the beginning... The localization is super literal for the time, and I'm surprised how many character and enemy names they kept as Japanese and not try to localize... your dad's name is Dr. Akihabara, a reference that flew over my head in 1995. The customization and crafting systems in this game were pretty unique for its era, although the game can be super unbalanced (you can steamroll the game, then get to a boss who wipes the floor with you). Dungeons are also pretty large with lots of different tool usage and puzzle solving to do. I just got the airship after playing all of my day off. IIRC, I think that's like halfway through? Anyways, fun game, one of Quintet's lesser known titles for the platform, that doesn't get talked about much.
^_^

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #36304 on: January 19, 2021, 05:18:48 PM »
Does the Epic store have install modules? Because Hitman 2 on steam with all the maps installed along with Hitman 1 maps was something close to 200gbs. Add in Hitman 3 maps and you're gonna need 300gb free if you can't piecemeal install this.

3 including all 1-2 maps is like 70GB, they cut it by over 50% apparently.

Bebpo

« Reply #36305 on: January 19, 2021, 05:58:10 PM »
Wow, that's impressive and nice.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #36306 on: January 19, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »
Wrapped Tsushima. By the end I was a walking tank despite having maybe done 33% of the side content. Good game, would have been great if I could skip the fucking cutscenes or hit the O button to advance dialogue. Might finish up Squadrons in VR, also did about an hour into Resident Evil 3 remake which means I'm halfway done lolololol

Bebpo

« Reply #36307 on: January 20, 2021, 12:27:17 AM »
Everyone says Tsushima is a better AC game than modern AC, but idk I'm starting to think all of these types of sandbox games are a bit boring.

The more I play Valhalla (still really early, like <10 hours first arc in England), the more it just seems like an incredibly gorgeous looking world of...nothing to do.

It feels like all the combat focus is just going place to place and raiding with your group of dumb AIs, which basically is just a bunch of button mashing simple & repetitive combat vs a ton of guys. Reminds me of AC1. I really hate the raiding mechanic and think it's enough to make me bail on this game since all the combat is based around it and solo stealthing is basically gone.

Outside of combat it's mainly just talking to people and doing little chores.

The exploration and puzzles are nice, but the rewards are crap because it's trying to be a 100 hour+ game, so everything you find will be extremely minimal so you don't get overpowered quickly. It just makes all this side stuff in the exploration not feel very rewarding.

But goddamn, Valhalla visually is ridiculous the more I play of England. Like coming from Origins and the little I played of Odyssey (which looked exactly like Origins) Valhalla's visual jump is like generational even if it's mostly the same formula. I mean it helps for Valhalla that there's so little world geometry since it's all a bunch of fields with occasional ruins or small fort, but those fields & ruins look hella nice. I'll up some screens at some point.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36308 on: January 20, 2021, 01:59:17 AM »
Everyone says Tsushima is a better AC game than modern AC, but idk I'm starting to think all of these types of sandbox games are a bit boring.

The more I play Valhalla (still really early, like <10 hours first arc in England), the more it just seems like an incredibly gorgeous looking world of...nothing to do.

It feels like all the combat focus is just going place to place and raiding with your group of dumb AIs, which basically is just a bunch of button mashing simple & repetitive combat vs a ton of guys. Reminds me of AC1. I really hate the raiding mechanic and think it's enough to make me bail on this game since all the combat is based around it and solo stealthing is basically gone.

The exploration and puzzles are nice, but the rewards are crap because it's trying to be a 100 hour+ game, so everything you find will be extremely minimal so you don't get overpowered quickly. It just makes all this side stuff in the exploration not feel very rewarding.

But goddamn, Valhalla visually is ridiculous the more I play of England. Like coming from Origins and the little I played of Odyssey (which looked exactly like Origins) Valhalla's visual jump is like generational even if it's mostly the same formula. I mean it helps for Valhalla that there's so little world geometry since it's all a bunch of fields with occasional ruins or small fort, but those fields & ruins look hella nice. I'll up some screens at some point.
Who's "everyone"? Aside from the combat, i think just about everything is worse.
I still enjoyed it a great deal though.

Bebpo

« Reply #36309 on: January 20, 2021, 02:48:16 AM »

Who's "everyone"? Aside from the combat, i think just about everything is worse.

Well most people from what I've seen online and talked to irl.

The general opinion seems to be that Tsushima is the improvement to the AC formula that AC needs.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 05:31:49 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #36310 on: January 20, 2021, 02:58:10 AM »
DQXIs - Ended up finishing the character episodes. For whatever reason the sisters don't have one? The episodes were solid->good once you got past the story just hitting the brakes at a point where you want to see what's next. Starting with Sylvando's story which is the loooongest and most boring right after the ending of Act I is...not so good impression. I thought Erik/Kamyu's story was the best, he really should've been the lead character in DQXI. Rab's had some nice moments.

Oh and the worst part of the character episodes is the one person battle system which just sucks in this game so they have to give you cheats so you basically can't die in fights. It's just boring and unfun.

Once Act II started, yeah, pretty good and exciting again. Even if the concept is pretty standard, but DQ's main stories are pretty standard and its the individual arcs that have always stuck out.

Feels like in DQXI the way it's going it's the main characters in the party and their stories that will end up standing out the most.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36311 on: January 20, 2021, 07:30:01 AM »

Well most people from what I've seen online and talked to irl.

The general opinion seems to be that Tsushima is the improvement to the AC formula that AC needs.
:titus
Anything BUT the combat is straight out of open worlds from 10 years ago.
The fuck?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36312 on: January 20, 2021, 08:45:38 AM »
But you follow a bird instead of a quest marker.  :o

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36313 on: January 20, 2021, 09:03:21 AM »
Yeah that shit actually made it worse for me.
It's supposed to make it feel more organic, but it actually made the world out to be some big Rube Goldberg Truman Show thing, where everything is artificial.
Just have some unobstrusive markers if you're gonna have the same game design anyway.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36314 on: January 20, 2021, 09:26:49 AM »

AssCrud has quest markers and birbs. Best of both worlds. :rejoice
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36315 on: January 20, 2021, 11:11:56 AM »
I need some homies for Apex Legends

i used to play with duckman but he gone :(
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #36316 on: January 20, 2021, 12:16:54 PM »
started hitman 3. looks really nice

Bebpo

« Reply #36317 on: January 20, 2021, 03:29:39 PM »
Hitman 2 progression carry over site is slammed and broken.
Meanwhile it says if you start H3 without doing this you lose all your H3 progress  :doge

Also under manage DLC modules it only has 3 locations? Weird.

Bebpo

« Reply #36318 on: January 20, 2021, 03:38:34 PM »
Got through but I can't sign in with my epic H3 game to my IOI account so there's no where to export :(

Day 1 server stuff always suckssss

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #36319 on: January 20, 2021, 03:38:41 PM »
yeah it let me transfer, H2 is all on there but it's trying to get me to buy H1 again.  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #36320 on: January 20, 2021, 03:49:49 PM »
Still can't get through but I've linked my H3 to my IOI account at least.

*edit* Yeah, I'm just gonna give up. I've got work to do and I'll try again at late night and maybe traffic will be down.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:54:48 PM by Bebpo »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36321 on: January 20, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
Got through but I can't sign in with my epic H3 game to my IOI account so there's no where to export :(

Day 1 server stuff always suckssss

The server stuff in these games has always sucked imo. Relient on internet connection for items and challenges.. blergh
What

Bebpo

« Reply #36322 on: January 20, 2021, 05:39:44 PM »
Yeah, I got the transfer thing through earlier, but now when I try to load the game it fails at authenticating and I can't connect to online so I get access to nothing -_-

This been going on for an hour now.

Bebpo

« Reply #36323 on: January 20, 2021, 05:57:14 PM »
Wow, this is amazing design.

If you transfer your progress and it gives you an error, your profile is now fully corrupt and you can no longer log into the game or your profile! IOI says error means that your profile is in a queue to transfer from Steam to Epic. No indication how long this is supposed to take, but the game is basically unavailable until it's done. I did this like 90 mins ago...

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36324 on: January 20, 2021, 06:01:56 PM »
Dl the cracked version till its fixed. Cant get any unlocks but 🤷🏼‍♂️
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36325 on: January 20, 2021, 06:04:03 PM »
God the targets are fucking boring as ever so far.

The constant this, providence that

JUST LET ME KILL SKME GRUESOMELY EVIL MOFOS NOT SOME CORPORATE CUNT
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36326 on: January 20, 2021, 06:40:40 PM »
The club lvl tho 🔥🔥🔥
What

Bebpo

« Reply #36327 on: January 20, 2021, 08:29:39 PM »
Like 6 hours later and profile still isn't done migrating. And their transfer site has crashed.

Guess I'm not playing Hitman 3 tonight. I can log into my profile but I have no items. Not even coins lol.

Bebpo

« Reply #36328 on: January 20, 2021, 09:31:01 PM »
Well, my stuff still hasn't transffered over but I tried Dubai on a master difficulty run just murdering everyone I could find with letter openers without being spotted. Killed one target and got the second target in a hallway with just one guard and threw an apple to distract the guard and then went stabby on the target but was too fast and the guard hadn't turned yet and died  :'( 

Almost had my low effort clear.

Will actually try to do it right later. I just like that you can do whatever in these games.

Also the art direction in Dubai is stellar but the graphics maxed out on PC look worse than H2? Feels like a lot of low res jaggy stuff. Might need to mess with settings more. Or going from 200-300gb to 70gb took a hit on the textures.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36329 on: January 20, 2021, 10:01:12 PM »
I tried to wishlist Hitman 3 and it failed, lol.

I forgot that I had Hitman 1 on my EGS list as a free game- going to try it out.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #36330 on: January 20, 2021, 10:11:14 PM »
Ok, everything finally moved over in Hitman 3. Surprised they didn't remove the tranq guns like they did the exploding cellphone. Tranq guns were super broken and all the streamers just used those.

Figured out the low res stuff, had variable shader quality on which was like a DLSS? Turning that off fixed that.
Also the game has some weak AA, so turning on super-sampling to even just 1.10 helps smooth it out a lot.

But man, the game has pretty rough performance and everything too dark or washed out on my non-HDR monitor. Feels like another case of HDR ruining it for everyone playing on non-HDR tvs/monitors. I tried Paris and could barely see in the dark museum rooms. Re-installing Hitman 2 Paris to compare them.

Bebpo

« Reply #36331 on: January 20, 2021, 10:27:18 PM »
Ok, messed around with stuff and got performance closer to Hitman 2. Maybe like 25% dip in FPS for the new engine. Good enough. Turned the gamma up slightly which helps on my monitor.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36332 on: January 21, 2021, 01:03:30 PM »
Finished Observation.
Cop out ending, but i enjoyed it.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #36333 on: January 21, 2021, 03:47:20 PM »
Might check it out, I dig hard sci fi like Ad Astra, et al

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36334 on: January 21, 2021, 06:12:08 PM »
Keep the expectations in check, as i said it's barely a game, but atmosphere is spot on for 99% of the story.
If you like that kind of sci fi it's worth a shot, it's very short anyway (4 to 5 hours).
I wish they had budget for better facial animations though.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #36335 on: January 21, 2021, 09:29:04 PM »
Observation rules. Easy 1000 too with a guide for collectables
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #36336 on: January 22, 2021, 02:32:00 AM »
DQXI S - 2nd arc/half/chapter - Kinda surprised and glad I didn't see any spoilers about

The secret party member with Hendrick/Greg
[close]

Good stuff. Heading to Pang Lai now.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36337 on: January 22, 2021, 01:14:33 PM »
More Robotrek - I beat De Rose, the boss that stopped me in my tracks some 25 years ago. Now up to the final dungeon, but have a bit of grinding/item creation to do before I can take that on. Hope to finish that this weekend, and continue with my DKC2 playthrough.
^_^

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #36338 on: January 22, 2021, 02:21:31 PM »
It's decided to explore the deepest depths of autism, as I've just started playing kingdom hearts 3 :snob

If I stick with it more than 20 mins I may post thoughts :hyper
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #36339 on: January 22, 2021, 04:47:44 PM »
Played about 40 mins and I'm intrigued to know if the Japanese version sounds like it was written by someone who has never talked to another human being before or if it the English version was localised by aliens
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #36340 on: January 22, 2021, 06:09:06 PM »
Eh, Japanese KH just sounds like every other jrpg?

jrpg/anime dubs are usually crap because they're trying to translate and fit the English lines into the same spaces/time-syncs as the Japanese lines. Can often create stilted awkward stuff.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #36341 on: January 23, 2021, 01:46:41 AM »
KH3 is really phoned in, yeah
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #36342 on: January 23, 2021, 12:32:17 PM »
Wanted to get some short Mario 64 footage and ended up playing like 25 stars. :doge No idea what's up with people whining about the camera so much. Yeah, in 'remasters' it should be better, but overall the og game still plays well enough. I guess it helps that everyone knows the game by nature and what missions to avoid, but still. Didn't have too many problems with some things I barely remembered either. Mastapeeze.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 02:39:50 PM by Spieler1 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36343 on: January 24, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »
Started Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition today.

It looks very pretty despite being a Wii game. It cleans up really nicely in what I assume is almost-HD. They did Weebify it a bit but just about right I would say.
This is also one of the first times I find that the so-called QOL improvements actually greatly enhance the playability of an RPG in meaningful ways.
The menu's and UI are much more clear and easier to understand now and there's barely any loading for fast travel and going in and out of areas and as a result the game is much smoother to play.

It's quite remarkable how well everything holds up a decade later.
Also if you have a Xenoblade 2 save you get 100k credits so you can buy a Bikini for your waifu :uguu
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #36344 on: January 24, 2021, 03:13:40 PM »
Started Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition today.

It looks very pretty despite being a Wii game.
They did a lot to update it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36345 on: January 24, 2021, 08:21:34 PM »
Yeah, I played it on Wii too and especially the character models were rough back then.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36346 on: January 25, 2021, 09:42:21 AM »
I support my waifu's decision to have more polys and be more poly.
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #36347 on: January 25, 2021, 11:45:14 AM »
anime :oreilly

:piss :jgames :piss2
(ice)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #36348 on: January 25, 2021, 05:13:08 PM »
got the 1000/1000 in The Little Acre then deleted. Good game. Recommended to my 8 year old neice

finished up 'The Foundation' DLC in Control (got all achievements). Very very good DLC pack but some of the achievements sucked ass. I'd imagine finding all the hidden cat statues without a guide would be close to impossible. Getting one of the AI buddies to get 5 kills was a drag. Overall great though.

Moving onto the AWE DLC tonight

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36349 on: January 25, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »
Finished the first few introduction chapters of Xenoblade.
I had forgotten how difficult and epic it can be at times.

Just walking around, listening to some tunes and suddenly EVIL RABBIT LVL 8 starts jamming and kicks your ass. :rimshot

The pacing of the game is perfect too. Sure the introduction has a lot of tutorial things but it is nicely woven into some quests and story that it doesn't feel like you're playing a 4 hour intro that has no significance.
Even in the intro you are persuaded to go beyond the story path and explore a bit in the first area. Not unlike Breath of the Wild now that I think about it :thinking
🤴

« Reply #36350 on: January 28, 2021, 10:00:51 PM »
I started Breath of the Wild again and now that I started fresh again with all the dlc, it makes it all so nice. I got the ancient horse gear which lets me teleport my horse to me at any time and I’m actually using a horse now. It was always kinda dumb cuz you would take your horse out of a stable and then immediately come across a river to cross or mountain to climb and then never see your horse again until the next stable. I’m also just less preschools about my weapons and arrows this time around and it makes everything a lot more fun. I’m not just hoarding the good stuff. Anyways 11/10 game. Everything about it is perfect.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36351 on: January 29, 2021, 02:48:27 PM »
Playing the Xenoblade 1 Deluxe Edition epilogue - I'm getting kinda tired of the Xenoblade style combat system nowadays. There's just too much... stuff... going on at one time that battles devolve into nothing more than a shitton of numbers and clutter. I love the exploration aspect of the XB games and the new area is pretty cool. Music is more mellow than the main game, and it's weird having a disco battle theme.

Also playing a bunch of DKC2, up to the final stage but now going back through the stages collecting the DK Coins and Kremcoins. Then will tackle the secret areas... gonna try to 100...err 102% complete it.

Streets of Rage 4 I'm steadily progressing in the final area. Made it to the final battle against the big robot but got my ass kicked.
^_^

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36352 on: January 29, 2021, 03:40:34 PM »
I've been playing The Outer Worlds on Switch.

I picked it up cheap, even though these type of games usually bore me before the tutorial is even over.

It surprised me how accessible it was and the conversations trees are quite good. Combat is pretty average though. Not Red Dead Redemption 2 levels of bad, but they still could have made things a little smoother.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:49:31 PM by Potato »
Spud

Bebpo

« Reply #36353 on: January 30, 2021, 07:52:50 PM »
In AC Vahalla I finished the first story arc in England (Grantsebridge). And then decided to take a pause and go around doing 100% of the side stuff/collectibles in both that area and the first half of the Norway map.

I thought it would burn me out, but I'm getting close to being done with those two areas ~20 hours in now and my opinion of Valhalla has gone from "worst AC since AC3" to "Ok, but kind interesting & boring AC game"

It was feeling kind of like Ubisoft trying to do an RDR2 life-sim clone but everything far more shallow both in gameplay & writing & narrative. But doing all the side stuff I kinda feel that is the real game in this one. It's like a big ass world with lots of little things to do that are kinda fun and kinda interesting, but because of the massive landmass between each one and real lack of fast travel locations, it's kind of boring getting to them.

I feel like this is the weirdest AC game yet. Origins was a shakeup and going for that arpg thing, but it still felt like AC x rpg-lite kinda mainstream game. You had your main story, your quests and some treasures & viewpoints and elephant super-bosses and that was about it. This AC with all the lack of hand-holding and focus on just exploring around finding weird shit and doing it for 5 mins is just pretty different from modern AAA gaming.

I'm starting to think some of the 8/10 reviews are pretty fair on this, it's got good ideas, but it's not great. While not a huge reboot of Origins/Odyssey, it does feel like a very soft-reboot of that formula to something kind of different. It actually reminds me more of Black Flag than Origins? (sailing around & doing little 5 min things).

Maybe the story will pick up, I feel like if it had a stronger lead like Bayek or more interesting story it would carry the game more. Eivor has got to be the dullest AC lead I can think of at this point. He has no personality and is just this wise well-spoken polite viking  :doge

I liked with Bayek that you could really feel his rage when he was pissed and also his humanity when helping common people. He's the kind of guy that would laugh and eat with villagers and then go fuckup the local boss.

Maybe female Eivor is better, idk. I think the character is just boring.

Bebpo

« Reply #36354 on: January 31, 2021, 03:35:05 AM »

Got to Asgard and dang, it looks nice and kinda remedies one issue I have with Valhalla having no big cool cities. But it's lvl.90 and I'm like lvl.67 after clearing those two areas. So I bailed out and started a river journey up in the Ledes~~ arc.

It was pretty neat. There's something about turning the compass UI off and just heading up the river stopping at things along the way. Finding treasures in old Roman aquaducts, stealthing bandit camps, running oddball little stories, sync-ing viewpoints, infiltrating bases. Has a nice river boat adventure feel. Kind like how Black Flag was opening sailing adventure, this is river boat adventure. Maybe the sequel will be during the Vietnam War  :doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36355 on: January 31, 2021, 04:19:43 AM »
I hope the Asgard shit is minimal.
I like the Duat stuff in Origins, but i'm afraid the series is leaning too much on supernatural garbage, especially with Odyssey, it was obnoxious.

AC is fun because of its pseudo-historical tourism, but some people want to turn it into mythology LOTR videogame #298637.

Bebpo

« Reply #36356 on: January 31, 2021, 04:28:46 AM »
It's pretty small. Norway is 2 map sections, England is like 14-16?, there's an endgame map and 2 asgard maps. Something like 20ish map sections total in the game and Asgard is 2 so 10%? Also it's an optional place/questline. Not part of the main story. Take drugs and explore.

Also I heard, like Odyssey, this game is super long as fuck. I'm at 24 hours now after clearing 2 map sections 100%. So if there's like 20, that would extrapolate to over 200 hours to 100% the map.

Yeah, I think longest AC game I played was Origins and that was like 80 hours including the expansions to do all the story/sidequests. At some point in Valhalla I'm just gonna cut losses on side content and just stick to the story otherwise I'm never gonna finish this. Can't imagine putting 100 hours+ into an AC game's repetition without bailing.

And then there's the fact in progression that the character levels go from like lvl.1->lvl.300, so progression is extremely incremental per level but like every little thing gives xp so you're constantly leveling up. It's just an odd balance as a result of a hugely long game.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36357 on: January 31, 2021, 05:11:35 AM »
Yeah i said it before, but these open world games are buffets, you're not supposed to clean the plate, but pick and choose as you go along.
If you go in with a completionist attitude, you're just going to have a bad time.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #36358 on: January 31, 2021, 07:55:56 AM »
I'm like 70 hours in mostly main lining and would guess I've got another 10 hours at least to go :doge
(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36359 on: January 31, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »
Yeah i said it before, but these open world games are buffets, you're not supposed to clean the plate, but pick and choose as you go along.
If you go in with a completionist attitude, you're just going to have a bad time.

Yeah, I have trouble walking away without cleaning the plate, and sometimes end up damaging what should have been a good time. I tried finishing the DLC for Spider-Man and… ugh. No, thanks. The first Assassins Creed game actually burned me out for being completely-completionist, but I still struggle with the compulsion.