Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559039 times)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 11:45:07 AM »
In some areas of DA, it's actually harder to sneak past the enemies than it is to go Rambo.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is the point. Why am I going Rambo?
Did you have any trouble at all sneaking past guards in butcher bay once you got the eye-shine ability?

Enl

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 12:52:10 PM »
Tried playing some Silent Hill Homecoming last night and was actually enjoying it until my character got stuck after syphoning some gas. I could still turn the camera and go to the menus but I couldn't move at all. Got pretty peeved and shut the whole thing off, losing about an hour's progress.  :maf
mmm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 01:10:52 PM »
In some areas of DA, it's actually harder to sneak past the enemies than it is to go Rambo.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is the point. Why am I going Rambo?
Did you have any trouble at all sneaking past guards in butcher bay once you got the eye-shine ability?

Nope, once I got the Tranq Gun
fat

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 06:36:32 PM »

Nope, once I got the Tranq Gun
Yeah, the difficulty didn't scale with your abilities.  DA solved that.  I win.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »
If you like shitty FPS poopfests then DA is for you.
fat

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »
Have you tried the Riddick multiplayer yet? It's awful, and has an achievement for 10,000 wins.
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »
Oh, and I'm not playing much right now. I played like 55 hours of Sacred 2 in less than a week and am now completely burned out on it.

Actually, someone recommend me a cool recent DS game. I have a long road trip ahead of me tomorrow.
zzzzz

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »
I heard that the mp wasn't that bad but I doubt anybody in the world has gotten that achievement, unless they boosted.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »
Riddick Deathmatch feels like Quake 3. I think it's overall shit and tacked on though. I'm interested in boosting the achievements that ARENT kills and wins if anyone has it.
fat

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2009, 12:19:07 AM »
I haven't been playing much of anything lately but I picked up Zenonia for the iPhone yesterday and it's pretty freaking awesome.  It's alot like 16-bit Zelda mixed with Secret of Mana and while I'm not usually too fond of the onscreen d-pad bullshit that some games try to use but it's not all that bad here. 

[youtube=560,345]Y-I826C0g-Q&feature=related[/youtube]
Tacos

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2009, 12:43:33 AM »
I need to make myself get through Bionic Commando, but I just ended up playing SF4 today.  I was getting a bit bored so I switched up characters and am now learning Sakura.  Did pretty well and won a championship tourney or two.  Fools just don't know how to beat anyone who isn't Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sagat, lol.
ど助平

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2009, 01:05:15 AM »
Finally decided to try out Vagrant Story and its very......different

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2009, 01:26:20 AM »
Tried some Crackdown co-op earlier, but it lagged like hell. Granted that I was playing with a dude in Europe, but we had no problem with Gears 2.

Rman

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2009, 01:28:39 AM »
I need to make myself get through Bionic Commando, but I just ended up playing SF4 today.  I was getting a bit bored so I switched up characters and am now learning Sakura.  Did pretty well and won a championship tourney or two.  Fools just don't know how to beat anyone who isn't Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sagat, lol.
So damn true.  I'm average at best, but I'm pretty decent with Guile, Boxer, and E. Honda, since most players just are thrown off by the fact that they're not playing a flow chart shotoscrub.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
Fallout 3 - finished The Pitt (finding all those ingots was a pain in the arse, but the setting was kinda cool, and the refinery was a real impressive dungeon in terms of size), now I'm in the midst of Broken Steel. Not sure if I'm gonna grind and get the level 30 achievements, or just wait for DLC packs 4 and 5.
^_^

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »
I haven't been playing much of anything lately but I picked up Zenonia for the iPhone yesterday and it's pretty freaking awesome.  It's alot like 16-bit Zelda mixed with Secret of Mana and while I'm not usually too fond of the onscreen d-pad bullshit that some games try to use but it's not all that bad here. 

That looks awesome.

Hollywood

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »
UFC Undisputed. This game is really deep, I just need to learn how to make a good Royce Gracie created fighter.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2009, 12:25:30 AM »
beat fallout 2.  by the end i just wanted the game over and i skipped out on doing a lot of stuff.  playing one and two in rapid succession just made all of the continuity errors in fo3 all the more obvious and kind of tragic.

ah well.  tempted to just delete fo3 off my machine w/o bothering to finish the broken steel dlc.

Now i'm going to move on to either Battlegrounds, Freedom Force or something else...  I have Hearts of Iron sitting on my PC and I'm tempted to dive into that for a bit.
Tonya

Bebpo

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2009, 01:33:09 AM »
Infamous!
&
KH 358/2 Days.

beat fallout 2.  by the end i just wanted the game over and i skipped out on doing a lot of stuff.  playing one and two in rapid succession just made all of the continuity errors in fo3 all the more obvious and kind of tragic.

ah well.  tempted to just delete fo3 off my machine w/o bothering to finish the broken steel dlc.

Now i'm going to move on to either Battlegrounds, Freedom Force or something else...  I have Hearts of Iron sitting on my PC and I'm tempted to dive into that for a bit.

lol, you sound exactly like what I went through.  FO2 is just too big for its own good.  By the time you get to San Fran you don't want to bother with all the sidequests.  And yeah, I never finished Broken Steel either ^^;  Fallout 3 just wasn't that fun to play for me after FO1/2.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2009, 01:34:26 AM »
Wolf3D iPhone
Team fortress 2
CBG

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2009, 01:35:37 AM »
I 200'd Boom Boom Rocket, so now I am going to finish Banjo Tooie. I am also finishing up RE5 Versus.
fat

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2009, 01:41:15 AM »

That looks awesome.

Even more awesome is the $6 price.
CBG

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2009, 05:02:10 AM »
More Street Fighter IV; continuing to learn Sakura, but now I'm kinda unsure on her once again.  Need some sausage up in character roster so maybe Dan or Abel will be next.  But I'm still continuing to feel kinda burnt out on the game.  Still a month to go until Blaz Blue is out, and a bit longer than that until XII.  I think when Red Faction hits in a few days I'm going to take a much-needed break from SF.
ど助平

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »
Infamous!
&
KH 358/2 Days.

lol, you sound exactly like what I went through.  FO2 is just too big for its own good.  By the time you get to San Fran you don't want to bother with all the sidequests.  And yeah, I never finished Broken Steel either ^^;  Fallout 3 just wasn't that fun to play for me after FO1/2.

it makes fo3 like fallout gaiden
Tonya

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »
Civ Revolution and MOH:Airborne 360
Demigod PC
Crimsongem Saga PSP- so good. I've only played for about an hour or so, but the game has impressed me so far. There are some mis-translations, but the dialogue overall is very well done and the game has a good sense of humor. I haven't even came close to dying yet, so hopefully the game ramps up the challenge in a bit. From a presentation perspective, I really dig it.
jon

archie4208

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2009, 01:32:54 PM »
Still playing SF4.  I got Midnight Club LA from Gamefly and it sucks dick.  Sending it back tomorrow.

ch1nchilla

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »
Still stuntin' on SF4 and Persona 4. I AM SO CLOSE TO THE END OF PERSONA 4, IT'S RIDICULOUS.

After that it's Odin Sphere time. I'm not buying any new games until I've finished everything in collection I want to play but haven't gotten around to, and after the backlog is finished, it's one game at a time. No new games until the last one is done. Frees up moneyz so I can buy new MacBooks and shit.  :)

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »
Still playing Vagrant Story

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »
inFAMOUS
Half Life 2
Prince of Persia
Godfather 2
Sacred 2
Motorstorm:PR
Freedom Force

I have alot of games to beat :/
USA

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2009, 04:19:46 AM »
I rented Tomb Raider Underworld and Riddick on the 360.

Tomb Raider is really really good - I remember why I enjoyed the earlier games so much. Long lost ancient ruins are awesome!

I played Butcher Bay for half an hour... I dunno aye, its pretty weird (never plaed the original). Very dark setting which is cool, seems to one-up the movie - but the graphics have this weird shimmery filter on them which is confusing me and stuff.

Ive got both games for a week so I should be able to get a bit of playtime out of them

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2009, 02:08:51 AM »
Just finishing up Saints Row 2 singleplayer. Spent nearly 10 hours trying to finish the Stunt Jumps after my first pass topped out at 79 of 80. Man, I hate that kind of thing - why can't the game SHOW me the ones I've done on the minimap? SR2 does -so-much right, I can't believe they didn't incorporate that. I decided to re-do every jump in the game on a motorcycle, most river-jumps took 2 or 3 tries (THANK YOU, "CAR DELIVERY HOMIE"), and finally found the missing jump after doing 72 or 73 of them.

Also playing BOLT, which a friend picked up at the US$10 Best Buy clearance. It's pretty, but repetitive and bland after an otherwise very exciting first level. There are also a couple times where it's just not clear what to do, particularly after the early hand-holding. It's pretty, but otherwise mediocre.

Playing UFC a bit; everyone's complaining about the disconnecters, but I've only had 1 in 20+ matches. I guess I'm not playing in a high enough rank that people are worried about it. The online players have surprised me with their good manners and enthusiasm, whether or not they win. It's been surprising.

Also went back through Rock Band 1 trying to mop up the "Big in ______" 'chievs, knowing that I'll never get the "Big in Moscow" one because I'll never do the Endless Setlist. I want to clear it on Hard, but the local-only multiplayer for World Tour doesn't make me happy.

Mrbob

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2009, 03:08:18 AM »
PS3:

MLB 09
Infamous

360:

Call of Duty 4

PC:

Plants versus Zombies

Bebpo

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2009, 03:11:12 AM »
Infamous here & there
KH 358/2 daily (like KH2 the game is a slooooow burn at the start)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2009, 03:11:33 AM »
FF4 After Years :bow
fat

duckman2000

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2009, 03:28:49 AM »
Red Faction Guerrilla. Getting a bit tired of the formula here, but the nano rifle is hot stuff.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2009, 04:01:14 AM »
Red Faction Guerrilla. Getting a bit tired of the formula here, but the nano rifle is hot stuff.

I want to play this but damn end-of-term work was piling up.   :'(
ど助平

Ninja

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2009, 07:25:34 AM »
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years which is awesome
Star Ocean: First Departure on PSP
Uncharted 2 Beta
wat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »
This weekend it's gonna be FF4: The After Years
^_^

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »
Amped 2

Kestastrophe

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 01:01:12 PM »
Tales of Vesperia- I just beat Alexei last night, he was a bitch too (I am a level 50). The story is starting to pick up for me.

probably play a bit of Civ Revolution and Medal of Honor on 360, as well as CrimsonGem Saga and FF VII on PSP

jon

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
Infamous, which is amazing
Bad Company, which is pretty awesome too

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
i have no idea what i'm playing this weekend

probably won't have much time regardless.  Perhaps Freedom Force
Tonya

duckman2000

« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
Infamous, which is amazing

I'm hoping I can actually get to pick this one up over the weekend. There's something incredibly annoying about the fact that I've played more of Uncharted 2 than I have of Infamous.

cool breeze

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »
I browsed some of the online stores to see if there was anything I didn't realize was out.  I bought Pictobits on DSi and it's pretty fun.  I also got Trash Panic on PSN and that's pretty fun too.  I considered getting Yosumin on XBLA, but I already have the DS game.

and I think they updated the PSN store.  It looks more sleek and in general is a lot quicker than how it was last week.

Tucah

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2009, 11:44:36 PM »
Infamous (sooo much fun, I love Sucker Punch), but I've been itching for an old school RPG so I'll probably move on to a FF, DQ or some shit pretty soon.

duckman2000

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2009, 11:45:26 PM »
Chaos Theory :rock

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2009, 12:44:33 AM »
I took the opportunity this weekend to finally get into Fable II.

ch1nchilla

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2009, 02:47:17 AM »
SF4 online, Persona 4, and just picked up LittleBigPlanet, so that too probably starting tomorrow if I'm not too busy. I really do need to finish up Persona 4 already.  >:(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2009, 02:52:51 AM »
Red Faction Guerilla, which is getting better as it goes along (in both single and multiplayer), and also back to SF4 after a week-long break.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2009, 02:55:11 AM »
I just started Red Faction too. Finished Wolfenstein and Banjo Tooie up
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2009, 03:00:09 AM »
The area that the single player Red Faction Guerilla demo takes place in is in the second territory, Dust.  I came across it and was hoping to find the mech inside the warehouse, but it's no longer in there.   :'(
ど助平

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2009, 03:40:03 AM »
Is Wolfenstein worth it on XBLA? Ive got 200/200 in Duke and Doom so I probably need to get Wolf3d also...

I just beat Tomb Raider Underworld, great game! Loved the tombs and giant statues and shit. Might pick up Anniversary and Legend now for more TR goodness.

And still hooked on fucking Peggle. Only 6 more stages to 100% for the Doctor of the Peggle Arts achievement!!!!!!!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2009, 03:47:42 AM »
Is Wolfenstein worth it on XBLA? Ive got 200/200 in Duke and Doom so I probably need to get Wolf3d also...

I just beat Tomb Raider Underworld, great game! Loved the tombs and giant statues and shit. Might pick up Anniversary and Legend now for more TR goodness.

And still hooked on fucking Peggle. Only 6 more stages to 100% for the Doctor of the Peggle Arts achievement!!!!!!!

Did you get the Tomb Raider DLC?  It's worth it IMO, especially Lara's Shadow.
ど助平

duckman2000

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2009, 03:48:42 AM »
The area that the single player Red Faction Guerilla demo takes place in is in the second territory, Dust.  I came across it and was hoping to find the mech inside the warehouse, but it's no longer in there.   :'(

You have to wait for the actual mission to get the walker. And enjoy it while you have it, because they seem to be in short supply.  :-\

Kestastrophe

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
I picked up Freedom Force pack on Steam earlier this weekend. It was more difficult than I expected it to be, but they nail the comic book feel. Fun game
jon

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »
I picked up Sims 3 over at Best Buy on Saturday and have basically been playing it ever since.  My only complaints so far is the doe-eyed PS3 Home-ish looking characters (I can only make a mildly fucked up looking guy) and the general lack of items; EA really wants you to buy shit from their Sim store but right now that cupboard is bare.  Other than that though, the game rocks and yeah this is the first Sim title that actually feels like a "game".  The wishes and goals finally give The Sims what it's been desperately needing - a purpose - and it's ridiculously addicting.
Tacos

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2009, 02:19:31 PM »
Started playing Avalon Code over lunch break, seems pretty good so far (barring the hideous DS 3D) but a bit confusing. Will have to play more.
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2009, 04:27:39 AM »

Did you get the Tomb Raider DLC?  It's worth it IMO, especially Lara's Shadow.

TR: Legend was great. Wanted to play Anniversary but missed the only local copy at a sexy price. I've got Underworld in the wings, and am looking forward to the virtual tropical island vacation it appears to offer.

Finishing up the HULK finally as well. Looks like I won't need to buy PROTOTYPE.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2009, 05:32:10 AM »
Downloaded Swords and Soldiers.  Its a reaalllly dumbed down sidescrolling rts.  The only "strategy" I've practiced is deciding what techs and units I want to build initially.  After a certain point I just spam units and throw in some group freeze spells.  The single player is a giant tutorial (only 10 levels for each faction).  Any value I gather will be from how much I enjoy vs cpu on 9 maps.  I'd check out a sequel for sure though.
sad

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »
I finally found a copy of Mario Galaxy that works and holy shit is it amazing.

WIll be picking up Motion Plus and Grand Slam Tennis today.
USA