Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3591802 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2009, 09:01:37 AM »
Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

I lost my save file and I've been slowly building it back up.  I cleared all characters now in the Official Mode and now am going do the same for the Original.

I'm going to own all the Musou games for the 360.  Already played and beat Dynasty Warriors 5 Special.  I guess either Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires or Samurai Warriors 2 is up next.
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »
Before heading into the first dungeon, I make sure to have the Ryuka and Hinas spells for Rolf, so I can teleport out of the dungeon and back to town, also I get the Shotgun for Rudo. Game is hard as hell, extremely complicated dungeons (they only get harder, after the first one), it's my favorite game of all time so just ask me if you are stuck/need advice.
^_^

archie4208

« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »
Installing Bionic Commando.  It can't be that bad, right?

archie4208

« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2009, 03:12:43 PM »
hurf durf i'm distinguished mentally-challenged

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2009, 03:47:29 PM »
Halo 3

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #305 on: June 24, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »
Halo 3
I'll play halo with you if you play Red Faction with me  :-*
jon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »
BLAZ BLUE IS BLAZIN GETTIN MY BLAZ ON BITCHES
ど助平

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
It has about four fun missions and one city duplicated without remorse. I suspect the game designers sat down for six months refining about an hour's worth of gameplay then took three and a half years off for a job well done.

I can see it getting old quick, but I'm enjoying it for the time being. Climbing shit is really enjoyable, and I kinda like the combat despite how easy it is (counter, counter, counter, counter). Hope it can hold me until the end.

Aside from just countering all the time, you can play offensively and only counter when required.  It really picks up the pace of fights and can be really challenging.  When you get into a good rhythm it's fantastic.

cool breeze

« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2009, 02:01:11 AM »
review of The Conduit:

Single player goes from a so-so N64/PS1 style FPS to a worse Resistance 2.  Multiplayer is a lesser version of Halo without vehicles.  Aiming is good after you customize it a lot, because apparently the devs expected you to since they made the controls worse than Red Steel by default.  But the other controls are a clusterfuck.  Every single button on the controller needs to be mapped to something, and most of them are buttons you will press often, and you also need to bind two actions to a wii remote and nunchuck waggle.  It's never comfortable no matter how you map it.  Story seems like it was written by a third grader.  Graphics are pretty nice for the Wii but HVS seemed more preoccupied with pulling off D-level 360 effects instead of how it will look when playing; often times all you see is blurring and glowing lights.  Overall, single player isn't good, but multiplayer is pretty fun; C+ game.

oh, and about 90% of the story is Kevin Sorbo phoning in lines.  This happens during load scenes, cutscenes, in-game and pretty much whenever they can fit it in there.  They even have lines repeat just because.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:03:02 AM by swaggaz »

ch1nchilla

« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2009, 02:16:58 AM »
Just got game overed twice with Persona 4. Guess I'm done for the night... Going to try out Devil Survivor, though.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2009, 06:33:15 AM »
ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhghghg

I GOT IT

- Doctor of the Peggle Arts

One of the most time consuming, frustrating and ball-busting achievements ever. You need to 100% clear all pegs in all 55 stages of Peggle. It was fucking ridiculous

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #311 on: June 25, 2009, 07:40:14 AM »
Conduit is meeeeeehhhhhhhhh.  I'll probably keep it because I like waggle fps and there's nothing else for that on the market.  Like multiplayer is a meandering stroll through maps with pointless rooms and in general the weapon spawns aren't placed to encourage any kind of flow.  But I still like getting a shotty or striker and going to town. But then I hit a spot of lag which turns into a game of whack a mole and peekaboo.  Art is atrocious but besides Gears thats par for the genre.
I may forgoe the single player all together.  Retro really needs to team up with the guys at NST who worked on metroid hunters and just make a polished by the numbers fps thingy. 

5 being average I'm saying its a 4-6 game.  Need to play some more multi.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
review of The Conduit:

Single player goes from a so-so N64/PS1 style FPS to a worse Resistance 2.  Multiplayer is a lesser version of Halo without vehicles.  Aiming is good after you customize it a lot, because apparently the devs expected you to since they made the controls worse than Red Steel by default.  But the other controls are a clusterfuck.  Every single button on the controller needs to be mapped to something, and most of them are buttons you will press often, and you also need to bind two actions to a wii remote and nunchuck waggle.  It's never comfortable no matter how you map it.  Story seems like it was written by a third grader.  Graphics are pretty nice for the Wii but HVS seemed more preoccupied with pulling off D-level 360 effects instead of how it will look when playing; often times all you see is blurring and glowing lights.  Overall, single player isn't good, but multiplayer is pretty fun; C+ game.

oh, and about 90% of the story is Kevin Sorbo phoning in lines.  This happens during load scenes, cutscenes, in-game and pretty much whenever they can fit it in there.  They even have lines repeat just because.

I wouldn't say the controls are bad at all.  I just assigned ase to wiimote waggle so it doesn't become a problem in multi.  Having a 180º turn command is awesome. My setup is

b-shoot
a-jump
minus-reload/ switch weapon
plus-180 turn
1-pause
2-lock-on ( never gonna use it)
up- scoreboard
left- switch grenade
right- switch weapon
down-zoom
c-crouch
z-melee
nunchuck waggle- grenades

Most of that is default obviously. 

I think what sucks most about this game is ZERO local play options.  Its kind of missing the point if you're trying to be successful on this platform with no splitscreen of anykind.
sad

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »

I GOT IT

(Image removed from quote.) - Doctor of the Peggle Arts

One of the most time consuming, frustrating and ball-busting achievements ever. You need to 100% clear all pegs in all 55 stages of Peggle. It was fucking ridiculous

Wow, that's fucking crazy.  :bow2
fek

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2009, 03:53:37 PM »

I GOT IT

Holy crap, you are a Peggle god!
©@©™

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:05 PM »
thats deserves a couple :bow :bow i think

萌え~

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »
:bow :bow to Scenester
XDF

Enl

« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2009, 06:12:19 PM »
My adventure gaming continues. Finished OG Sam & Max and The Dig this week and enjoyed them both. Here's what I'm currently playing for the rest of the week:

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream- Great change of pace compared to the other adventure games I've been playing. Good atmosphere, decent voice acting, unique storyline, and a talking jackal that likes to eat human hearts.

Docta Jones and the Last Crusade- Wanted to work on this before I step into Atlantis. Pretty easy so far, especially since most of the puzzles come from the movie.

Legend of Kyrandia I- Eh. Halfway through and it's been pretty meh. There was a giant cavern maze that aggravated me. I had to resort to the old school method of pen 'n paper map making.

Gobliiins- It's like an adventure game meets Lost Vikings. It's puzzle per screen presentation makes this easy to play in spurts.

Also playing: Street Fighter IV and Garou: Mark of the Wolf
mmm

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #318 on: June 25, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »

I GOT IT

YOU DA MAN.

:bow

cool breeze

« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »
Fight Night round 4

Only two problems are that you must do face scan to create a custom boxer (take two pictures of yourself, then play with sliders until it looks normal) and the training games still suck, but at least you can skip the training games for 50% of the benefits.  It's actually a boxing game now; so much better than Round 3.

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/6538825

my amazing flash ko

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2009, 02:33:14 AM »
My adventure gaming continues. Finished OG Sam & Max and The Dig this week and enjoyed them both.

Woo!

[youtube=560,345]ae-IS0_F4vA[/youtube]

(I tried to find the original teaser video for Sam & Max, but it apparently wasn't on Youtube except for a copy that some douchelord had uploaded without sound. I loved that video, I watched it like a million times before the game came out, and it was just as funny as I dreamed it would be.)
©@©™

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2009, 02:43:57 AM »
Halo 3
I'll play halo with you if you play Red Faction with me  :-*

Red Faction is back with Gamefly, and the Halo 3 disc I got was scratched.  :gloomy

Splinter Cell DA for Xbox is pretty alright so far, even if the story, writing and voice acting makes it seem totally ridiculous. It feels like a B effort for sure, but the gameplay is still plenty good.

Also playing Burnout Revenge.

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2009, 03:58:08 AM »
I just beat Half-Life

Awesome game, but man did that ending suck. I expected g-man to have this huge monologue and reveal all kinds of shit.
ಠ_ಠ

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2009, 04:15:30 AM »
I played Devil Survivor all day. It is so good.
fat

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2009, 07:44:15 AM »
Splinter Cell DA for Xbox is pretty alright so far, even if the story, writing and voice acting makes it seem totally ridiculous. It feels like a B effort for sure, but the gameplay is still plenty good.
I made it through the first couple of missions, but I didn't care for the game at all so I quit after that.
jon

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »
I just beat Half-Life

Awesome game, but man did that ending suck. I expected g-man to have this huge monologue and reveal all kinds of shit.

WAT? After levels and levels of largely plausible, representative first-person shootering, you didn't enjoy battling four-legged crabs with testicle sacs dangling, and then doing super-mario jumps to shoot into the brainpan of a giant baby?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2009, 09:34:49 AM »
Fight Night round 4

Only two problems are that you must do face scan to create a custom boxer (take two pictures of yourself, then play with sliders until it looks normal) and the training games still suck, but at least you can skip the training games for 50% of the benefits.  It's actually a boxing game now; so much better than Round 3.

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/6538825

my amazing flash ko

:bow linkzg

I'm really thinking of getting this soon. You make those videos in game?
©ZH

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2009, 09:40:01 AM »
why does FNR4 look so floaty? Looks like they're fighting in slow motion. or is that just for replays?
nat

Tucah

« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »
A little bit of the Conduit - controls are fun, rest of the game is painfully generic. I'll probably play online for a while (most likely until I go crawling back to TF2)
SF4 - I'm terrible, but I still love it
Super Metroid - Felt like replaying it so I bought it on VC, still as great as it was the first time I played it
inFamous - Fooling around in the game, soooo much fun

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »
thanks for the Peggle props dudes  :) Im going for the full 200 defintely, who else here has the xbla game? I still need the stupid online achivement (win a 4 player game by over 100,000 pts), even though Im a decent Peggle player now that achieve is still mainly luck. I'd be keen for a boosting session if anyones down?

Anyways saturday morning! Got a slight hangover so Im gonna smash some bacon and eggs and have a game day. Going to check the Fallout expansion, get the M:TG game on XBLA, and probably Korou too

Rman

« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:32:22 PM by Rman »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
first I have to play the little indie hit: walking down to the shop to get bacon and some sort of energy drink. Its quite good really because i already know the route and where the collectibles are so it shouldnt take too long to 100%

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
Ended up losing interest in Ass Creed. You guys were right, it does get a bit repetitive. Really enjoyed it before I reached that point. Someone spoil the story for me.
zzzzz

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »
Ended up losing interest in Ass Creed. You guys were right, it does get a bit repetitive. Really enjoyed it before I reached that point. Someone spoil the story for me.

Lucy is actually an assassin, Desmond gets cryptic visions  and sees symbols on the walls painted from all the previous Assassins they captured
fat

Hollywood

« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2009, 03:59:17 AM »
why does FNR4 look so floaty? Looks like they're fighting in slow motion. or is that just for replays?

Doesn't feel floaty at all playing, maybe in replays, I'm not sure what you're seeing though.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2009, 04:59:52 AM »
zeno clash

its a first person fighter and you can kick people while they are down

A+ so far
萌え~

Darunia

« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2009, 07:01:40 AM »
Super Stardust HD. Best €2 I ever spent, awesome game

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
:bow MIRRORS EDGE :bow2

awesome work on the peggle achievement scenester :rock
itm

cool breeze

« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
:bow linkzg

I'm really thinking of getting this soon. You make those videos in game?

yeah, you can cut and edit videos in the game, then upload them.  I just wish you could also take pictures.

The video is running at about 50 percent speed.  Normally the game moves so fast that you can't really notice all the small things, like my graceful dodging.

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/6581195

this one is at 25% speed and it's only to show how good the knock down animations are.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2009, 04:14:46 PM »
:lol Borys's TV
fat

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »
It's not quite the Gahiggidy basement shot, though.

ch1nchilla

« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2009, 07:47:25 PM »
:bow MIRRORS EDGE :bow2

awesome work on the peggle achievement scenester :rock

I just started playing this again too, sort of as a reminder of why it was my GOTY 2008.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2009, 01:24:03 AM »
Beat the Extra Dream in Klonoa Wii and Point Lookout in Fallout 3 today... was a good day, tomorrow I start playing Majora's Mask.
^_^

Pelvic Thrust

« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2009, 05:22:13 AM »
I grabbed Zeno Clash off of the Steam sale. Great game so far.  Definitely worth picking up at that price.  Played that to about the 6th mission. 

Other than that, I've been messing around with the Arma 2 demo with a buddy.  Fun times but it is as janky as others have let on.

My death knight hit 75 tonight but who the fuck cares about that.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2009, 06:10:11 AM »
Ive been playing the Magic game on XBLA, its quite slickly presented but I dont like the sound at all, gonna have to plug in my ipod for this game I think. Still Its a good game, very easy though since Im a seasoned veteran of the cardboard. The lack of customization for the decks is a bit annoying, first I thought that it was a good idea but theres so many crap cards you just cant pull from the decks! Keeps the game balanced, I guess

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2009, 06:36:00 AM »
Finished Mercs 2 -- the final battle is a QTE. And the camera was broken during the QTE, it was trapped, clipping through a spinning camera with frozen character models that were probably supposed to be "off camera" in an out of control helicopter. If that doesn't count as shitting the bed, I don't know what does.

In summary, ending of Mercs 1 is an epic, tank rush followed by clandestine movement, siege invasion of a hardened fortress, and you really have to work to capture the last guy alive. Mercs 2 gave me a messed up, immersion destroying camera with a cheesy QTE before finishing the game for me. In many ways, the essence of the difference between the experiences both games offer is right there. All anyone needs to know.

Played some Saints Row 2 Strong Arm games; was surprised when someone was actually playing strong arm. One good game where people were doing what they were supposed to, another game where everyone on my team quit but me, and rather than compete for points, the other team decided to start deathmatch mode to encourage me to quit. During which time I won an event (derby). Losers.

I started Red Faction Guerilla today, and am so, so happy I finished Mercs first. The dynamics of the game are pretty astounding. But I'll drop my notes on it in the appropriate thread.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2009, 06:48:21 AM »
Played some Halo 3 at a friend's house; we did 2-on-2 custom matches; been a long time since I've played multiplayer with friends locally.  It's always more fun that way.  And more BlazBlue; I love having a new fighter to learn and enjoy the hell out of every night.  Came at the right time since SF4 was beginning to get stale.
ど助平

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
Just started Suikoden Tierkreis.

this game is all cheerful and usual suiko fun but damn, the main character walks and talks like there is a dildo up his ass.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2009, 04:20:33 PM »

this game is all cheerful and usual suiko fun but damn, the main character walks and talks like there is a dildo up his ass.

lol i played this the other day. it's like Suikoden Babies
fat

archie4208

« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »
Been playing Rondo of Blood on the Wii.  I am surprised at how well the game has aged. 

Rman

« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
Been playing Rondo of Blood on the Wii.  I am surprised at how well the game has aged. 
Is it out on VC in the States?

archie4208

« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2009, 06:37:42 PM »
Is it out on VC in the States?

Nah.  Hacked Wii yadda yadda.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2009, 07:06:49 PM »
Phantasy Star 2 is such a garbage game. I regret buying this turd.
fat

archie4208

« Reply #353 on: June 28, 2009, 07:08:02 PM »
PS4 is the only game in the series that is still playable.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #354 on: June 28, 2009, 07:16:58 PM »
Phantasy Star 2 is such a garbage game. I regret buying this turd.

It's better than Advent Rising :smug
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #355 on: June 28, 2009, 07:39:29 PM »
It was. But tiesto doesn't know who Billy Mays is, and hasn't played Advent Rising. Clueless to the end...
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #356 on: June 28, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »
It was. But tiesto doesn't know who Billy Mays is, and hasn't played Advent Rising. Clueless to the end...

And you haven't played SO4 (at least, it's not on your gamercard), so I guess we're even then. :P
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2009, 09:17:44 PM »
I knew who Billy Mays was. I believe I have the upper hand, and thus the reigning FACTual opinion. Phantasy Star 2 remains poop

And Star Ocean as well
fat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #358 on: June 28, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »

lol i played this the other day. it's like Suikoden Babies
babies indeed.

game is super easy, just kept pressing auto battle button during fights and won every time and yet they gave me three fucking star runes/magic right from the very start.

suiko games ain't really hard but this is too much.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »
I dunno I played up to the Mine and I got destroyed in the very first fight.
fat