Author Topic: Things people do on forums that piss you off  (Read 5988 times)

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Things people do on forums that piss you off
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
I HATE when people edit their post to quote a post after theirs.  I fucking hate that.

Not only is it rude to the quoted poster (because it blows their load before readers get to their post), but it's annoying to read because you scroll back up convinced you missed the quoted post and wonder what else you missed. 

Twats.  Thank god we don't do that here.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Re: Things people do on forums that piss you off
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 06:22:09 PM »
I hate it when people post happy news, I DON"T CARE THAT YOUR LIFE IS BETTER THAN MINE YOU FREAKS!

I fucking hate when people do that.

This.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:27:10 PM by Diunx »
Drunk

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
I'm just posting here so I can quote the guy below me later.

Sorry man. :'(
brb

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:44:24 PM by Bildi »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 06:43:40 PM »
Get off your high horse, you self righteous twat! Beastiality is only a slight amongst religious zealots - love between a man and an animal is natural!
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 06:48:48 PM »
not post dick pics
fat

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 07:14:12 PM »
Girl problem threads with obvious answers.

"I call my gf all the time (to the point where she's slightly annoyed <3 LOL! that's how she knows I love her tho), but now she's acting all weird?!?! What's going on? I'd call her tonight to talk about it, but she's hanging out with her hot new guy friend with a huge dick and nice car. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!"
(|)

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »
Apologize for pedophiles/defend loli.
omg

Oblivion

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »
When people capitalize the first word of a sentence, but don't provide a period at the end. It's a weird ass GAF centric phenomenon that pisses me off to no end. :punch :punch :punch

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 07:56:17 PM »

but its just some drawings

spoiler (click to show/hide)
lol
[close]
萌え~

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 07:57:47 PM »
Get off your fucking high horse!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
For god's sake people, can't you utilize your "freedom of speech" for something better than that?

nope. and fuck you for suggesting it!
nat

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »
-newfagging (example: spamming "never change gaf, lol" in an unfunny thread)

-"this."

:maf
jon

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »
Who brought "this" to evilbore the bore?

cool breeze

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »
re-post the same thing over and over again as if it's some testament that needs to be passed down

This one guy on gaf posts a distinguished mentally-challenged ass post in every thread about shooter controls where he compares analog, wii and mouse aiming through a couple gifs with facts ranking them in some shit.  Him and the Mama guy who posts huge ass gifs are the two people on gaf I ever thought about putting on the ignore list.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 08:05:46 PM »
I always thought that "this" was a fark originated meme, which was then copied by and hence ruined by you know who
jon

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 08:11:14 PM »
Do a lot of white people die in kite festivals?

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
You know the sense of humor NoA translators use in their games?

When people on forums have that same sense of humor (people like Andrex)
ಠ_ಠ

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »

I think you quoted the wrong person.

nope.
nat

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »

And racism imo. For god's sake people, can't you utilize your "freedom of speech" for something better than that?

the whole point of freedom of speech is protecting speech that is unpopular, etc.
ಠ_ಠ

Powerslave

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
I HATE when people edit their post to quote a post after theirs.  I fucking hate that.

Not only is it rude to the quoted poster (because it blows their load before readers get to their post), but it's annoying to read because you scroll back up convinced you missed the quoted post and wonder what else you missed. 

Twats.  Thank god we don't do that here.

Ugh I know right? I used to scroll back up and a page back to try to find the quoted post and then ending up finding it just one post below it. Pissed me off so much. I guess people do it because they are AFRAID to post twice in a short time.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 08:25:21 PM »
Do a lot of white people die in kite festivals?

It's the asbestos of the 00s.
???

We have things like the Darwin Awards, an opportunity to laugh at people dying in odd or stupid situations.

It's human nature to care about tragedies that are close to home. For instance, 30 Iraqis were killed today in bombings and shootings. Do you care? If that happened in Vancouver, you'd fucking sure as hell care. It's nearly impossible to get worked about people getting killed by metal kite strings covered in glass or in celebratory shootings in Pakistan.

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 08:27:56 PM »
Racism too, yes.  In fact, basically every thing that we ALL KNOW is wrong, deep down.  I hate when people apologize for it. 
omg

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »
you're allowed to have that opinion just as long as you don't try to force it on someone else.
nat

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 08:32:41 PM »

And racism imo. For god's sake people, can't you utilize your "freedom of speech" for something better than that?

the whole point of freedom of speech is protecting speech that is unpopular, etc.

Racism should stay unpopular, even lose protection, but that's just MY OPINION SO LET ME HAVE IT.

^ My second most hated thing on the internet. Sorry dude, but I'll give you shit for saying stupid because I'M FREE TO SAY WHAT I WANT! (see what I did there? It's like a loop).

So what you're saying is that I can say that cows can fly and you can't challenge it because I can say whatever I want?

Because all I did was simply tell you what freedom of speech is. Did I say "Your opinion is wrong because..."? No, I didn't. 

But let's not argue about this.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:34:58 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »
ಠ_ಠ

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »
you're allowed to have that opinion just as long as you don't try to force it on someone else.

Like how pedophilia and loli rape is wrong? sure.

what the fuck are you talking about. we're talking about racists speaking racist speech. what does rapists and pedophiles have to do with it?
nat

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 08:38:55 PM »
Change their user names every 5 mins, giving the impression that the forum is not actually a lifeless wasteland.
vjj

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »
I don't even know what the fuck you guys are talking about.  I hate when I don't even understand what's going on in a thread. >:(

Ugh I know right? I used to scroll back up and a page back to try to find the quoted post and then ending up finding it just one post below it. Pissed me off so much. I guess people do it because they are AFRAID to post twice in a short time.

It would appear so.  Wouldn't want to appear all over-eager now would we?

Powerslave

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 08:40:12 PM »
I hate the direction this thread is taking.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »
basically jinfash is a communist who thinks people shouldn't be able to say what they want. clearly not a fan of freedom and america.
nat

drew

• sy
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »
[youtube=560,345]kwstrFrez5E[/youtube]

Powerslave

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 08:49:49 PM »
d00d

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 08:53:51 PM »
[youtube=560,345]kwstrFrez5E[youtube]

Yeah, I hate when someone makes you feel intense amounts of rage and you have no outlet for it.

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 08:55:12 PM »
I hate when people are on forums so often that their cycles match up and everybody goes on hyper-PMS mode at the same time.
(|)

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
I really can't stand uptight moderators.

That's why I would never join somethingawful. It seems like a nice enough community, but the moderation is just awful.
ಠ_ಠ

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »
- Hyperbole.  Mild dislike becomes frothing-at-the-mouth hatred.  Liking a game for a few hours becomes your new game of the forever.  Anyone who bashes a thing you like isn't just an idiot, they're a fucking idiot.  It is one thing to say it straight (being blunt should be used more often) but it is enough to constantly lose your shit over insignificant things because some dude on the internet questioned your taste in anime.

- Conspiracy theorists.  Stop clogging threads I like to read with Joo-Mason, Ron Paul bullshit.  No, David Rockefeller isn't going to throw you in an internment camp in Oklahoma if you don't buy an assault weapon today.  It has toned down a bit since the election and Dow fallout but it is still pretty bad if you are at certain forums, even if they are non-political.  If you question their sanity, they lose their shit (see first point), call you a media sheep, and proceed to give you a bunch of links and quoted insanity, ironically, all coming from the same couple of sources.

- Social revolutionaries.  Che Guevara you ain't.  Shut the fuck up.  This especially applies if you live in a comfortable suburban community or a dorm room.  The best part is that as soon as some employer offers them a decent starting salary at the end of school, they'll forget that they want to bring down the oppressive white patriarchy and start kissing as much managerial ass as possible, especially if the asses belong to white males.  Those that don't get a job (because they lack intelligence and ambition, which explains why some are that way in the first place) will continue to get increasingly bitter until they lose their shit by either being an hero or to hunker down at Prison Planet or Democratic Underground as a conspiracy theorist.  They just kind of fizzle out when they probably accept they'd never pull off a revolution anyway.

- Persecution complexes.  Most people on the internet are victims of some type of oppressor.  Whether it be the Microsoft paid gaming media or those meanies who always pull out things like facts and logic against your raw emotion in a debate, everyone's a victim.  As a result, some will carry out sob story dramas against certain posters or mods who maybe made some snark comment to them in stride and probably forgot all about.  Cue several embarrassing posts about your butthurt quest to get vengeance on a guy who probably has no idea who the fuck you really are.  It is entertaining to a point but when others try to take up their cause (because of their memories of their aching backsides when someone dared to call them out on their bullshit), it goes from comedy gold to draining.

I didn't really follow what the thread title asks.  u mad?
🍆🍆

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 08:59:25 PM »
what the fuck are you talking about. we're talking about racists speaking racist speech. what does rapists and pedophiles have to do with it?

And I'm talking about pedophilia and loli rape apologists using that same right. I just feel like certain things shouldn't have the right of being protected. You need to calm down, we're talking about "things we hate" not what we want to be changed immediately.

There's a big difference between someone who, for example, defends loli rape games and someone who defends a person's right to play those games. The former enjoys those games while the latter may actually detest them.

Pedophilia has direct, concrete victims and shouldn't be lumped in with loli rape, which only features representations.

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »
@ jinfash

You were saying how you hate when people infringe on your opinions, but by criticizing pedophile/loli-defenders and racists, aren't you infringing on their opinions?

I'm just playing the devil's advocate here.

@ malek

There's a difference between being a pedophile and actually going out and raping children. It's just like how some people believe that gay men want to have sex with all other men, which obviously isn't true.

I'm sure there are plenty of pedophiles out there who don't act on their urges and actually try to get help. Unfortunately, society has no sympathy for these people. Why would someone choose to be a pedophile?
ಠ_ಠ

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 09:08:17 PM »
your rights end where my feelings begin

bad post timing :/
萌え~

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »
@ malek

There's a difference between being a pedophile and actually going out and raping children. It's just like how some people believe that gay men want to have sex with all other men, which obviously isn't true.

I'm sure there are plenty of pedophiles out there who don't act on their urges and actually try to get help. Unfortunately, society has no sympathy for these people. Why would someone choose to be a pedophile?

I was obviously referring to pedophilia acts. That should have been clear because I referred to concrete victims.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 09:13:30 PM »
People whose posts read like a Pitchfork review.
hi5

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009, 09:16:20 PM »
@ jinfash

You were saying how you hate when people infringe on your opinions, but by criticizing pedophile/loli-defenders and racists, aren't you infringing on their opinions?

I'm just playing the devil's advocate here.

That's why edited that post, it was a bit confusing, but what I was trying to say is that I hate people fuming over others arguing their opinions (which is what I explained in the other post). I tried demonstrating that but failed, mainly because I suck at creating those type of sarcastic and witty posts.

lol, I'm still kind of confused by what you're saying.

So you don't think that racist speech should be banned and you were just making a point? Or something else? Sorry.  :-[

oh shit, I finally got it. I'm an idiot.  :duh
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:18:14 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »
ಠ_ಠ

Powerslave

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »
Guys, shut the fuck up!

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2009, 09:27:32 PM »
It's just that you didn't put "I'M FREE TO SAY WHAT I WANT!" in quotes, which made it seem like you were saying it.

Also, I thought the arrow in your one post was pointing up at my post, so it's partly my fault.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:29:50 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »
ಠ_ಠ

Powerslave

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »
I guess you guys can feel proud now that you shitted Bildi's thread up.

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
I guess you guys can feel proud now that you shitted Bildi's thread up.

Hey, I posted two things that pissed me off about forums.

Maybe you should respond to one of those instead of complaining.
ಠ_ಠ

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 09:32:47 PM »
Speaking of "IMO"

I hate when I give an opinion and someone quotes me and then adds "IMO" to my comment, as if people can't tell that "Van Halen is boring" or the "wii sucks" are not factual comments.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »
Yeah, this thread seemed to inspire a lot of hatred.

:teehee

I still don't know what you guys are on about.

Another thing I hate - when heaps of thread are concurrently getting shitted up with American politics.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
Half of my internet posts consists of me bitching and whining.  Without that, where would I be?
🍆🍆

Guybrush Threepwood

• Upskirt Connoisseur
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »
Speaking of "IMO"

I hate when I give an opinion and someone quotes me and then adds "IMO" to my comment, as if people can't tell that "Van Halen is boring" or the "wii sucks" are not factual comments.

Usually that comes in the form of "stop speaking your opinion as if it were fact," but yeah.

And sometimes it seems like no one on the internet has a working sarcasm detector.
ಠ_ಠ

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 09:37:32 PM »
Yeah, this thread seemed to inspire a lot of hatred.

:teehee

I still don't know what you guys are on about.

Another thing I hate - when heaps of thread are concurrently getting shitted up with American politics.

The other half of my posts are hatred.  Again, without that, I'd be nowhere.
🍆🍆

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »
Yeah, it sucks when you don't get your sarcasm across, or you totally miss sarcasm. :duh

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 09:45:50 PM »
The problem is that sarcasm only works on the Internet when you know the user and know what his beliefs are. Otherwise, how do you know whether a stupid comment was made sarcastically?

Powerslave

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »
There's a difference between sarcasm and trolling.

Veidt

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
There's a difference between sarcasm and trolling.
This.

Hotdamn, some people here are cynical as fuck.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »
The bravado of my musical/game tastes > yours and you are an idiot for liking the things you do. Seriously, grow the fuck up.
©ZH

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »
The problem is that sarcasm only works on the Internet when you know the user and know what his beliefs are. Otherwise, how do you know whether a stupid comment was made sarcastically?

True.  Really a lot of internet interactions hinge on knowing the other poster.

Like when I say Powerslave is a stupid dumb c*nt, he knows instinctively whether I'm serious or just joking.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2009, 10:11:40 PM »
-newfagging (example: spamming "never change gaf, lol" in an unfunny thread)

:lol never heard it called newfagging but yes that sucks

"gaf > internet > gaf"

:maf :punch
itm

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »
- Lame memes that get run into the ground
- 5MB GIFs
- People posting in highfalutin lingo that doesn't even sound natural
- Pushing social agendas in unrelated threads (i.e., Atheists, console partisans)
- Virtual dogpiling/high-fiving of lame-ass jokes/puns
うぐう

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »
- Pushing social agendas in unrelated threads (i.e., Atheists, console partisans)

???