Author Topic: I was put in jail for 2 days  (Read 7804 times)

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
Re: I was put in jail for 2 days
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 09:42:34 PM »
willco has gone fucking crazy
wtc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »
himuro... were there any hot dudes in jail. i wouldnt mind being violated in a prison cell, screaming for a guard only to be met with silence and my dried tears as my rapist wipes himself on me.
fat

etiolate

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 09:44:15 PM »
the Law, as far as it has been said here, that you must stop at the site of the incident to exchange info unless you are the victim or unless it blocks traffic

but

-Himu stated he moved to the airport because there was nowhere else to stop
-Himu says he was rear ended, which would lead to think that 99% of the time he was the victim, but he says he was not the victim but gives no explanation as to why other than the cops claiming he was not the victim

So there is two likely possible explanations of it not being a misdemeanor. And one highly unlikely explanation as to it being a misdemeanor.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
No, just don't try and sell me a bogus story that implies you were sent to jail on a crazy miscommunication when it's not really the case.

It's like, he's incapable of recognizing that the reason he was arrested for failure to stop and give information is because he damaged the other driver's car.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
the Law, as far as it has been said here, that you must stop at the site of the incident to exchange info unless you are the victim or unless it blocks traffic

but

-Himu says he was rear ended, which would lead to think that 99% of the time he was the victim, but he says he was not the victim but gives no explanation as to why other than the cops claiming he was not the victim

So there is two likely possible explanations of it not being a misdemeanor. And one highly unlikely explanation as to it being a misdemeanor.

Not only that, if I just rear ended someone and they drove away - I'm thinking I won the lottery.  The last thing I'd do is get the cops involved.  Are you kidding?  Himuro's lack of judgment just saved me on my insurance premiums.
PSP

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 09:54:22 PM »

but

Not only that, if I just rear ended someone and they drove away - I'm thinking I won the lottery.  The last thing I'd do is get the cops involved.  Are you kidding?  Himuro's lack of judgment just saved me on my insurance premiums.

:lol There's that too.
MMA

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »
you guys are being fegs. im outtie this biznitch
UNF

etiolate

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »
I just assume that Himu is being honest, yet disingenuous and not forthcoming. To what purpose there is none.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:09 PM »
this

willco has gone fucking crazy

and

you guys are being distinguished effete fellows. im outtie this biznitch

this

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
I think it's most likely that Himuro is downplaying exactly how long this 'exit ramp' was. If it was a roadway from a highway to an airport it could be like 2 miles long. That's probably what turned him into the bad guy, rear ended or not. Being black clinches it.

I got rear ended once and I just drove off and went home because I was driving a piece of shit and didn't want to deal with it. Dunno if that was legal in NY but I felt dirty doing it, even though I was the 'victim'

And yea, Willco is going three or four steps past where he has to, and trying to draw out too much from too little information.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:46:30 PM by AdmiralViscen »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »

And yea, Willco is going three or four steps past where he has to, and trying to draw out too much from too little information.

Agreed.  Relax, Will, calm down!
MMA

Powerslave

« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:47 PM »
PRISON MIKE

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:13 PM »
that's fucked man.

[youtube=560,345]etl9kkIGaHo[/youtube]

Reminds me of this second verse on this. :lol
:-[

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2009, 11:04:49 PM »
Yeah the, 'himu is black-lol', 'himu is muslim-lol' got tired on page 2.

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2009, 11:18:36 PM »

bully :(
:-[

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 11:25:28 PM »
You're cool though atleast you posted a video

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2009, 12:27:35 AM »
Hell, in Canada, an officer can't arrest for a summary offence (misdemeanour) unless the officer sees the offence being committed.

Has himuro stated whether the police saw the accident and followed him to the airport? In Texas, the police can arrest people caught committing minor misdemeanors, such as violating seat belt laws (upheld by the US Supreme Court in Atwater v. City of Lago Vista). Even if they didn't catch the accident, they allegedly caught him driving without insurance, which is also a misdemeanor. Based on Texas statute and US case law, Himuro's story seems believable.

note: Atwater was a white, middle-class woman and the failure to wear a seat-belt is only punishable by a $50 fine.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2009, 01:22:32 AM »

my joke was more about himu being emotionally stunted then anything, though.

Hollywood

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »
 :lol

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen on here. I guess Himu is done with it. Dude, I don't see how you can't see why people think you're holding something back You basically said you went to jail for this:

- Had an accident, where you were rear ended, which sounds like it wasn't your fault. I don't even know how its possible to be rear ended and it be your fault, unless like Wilco said, you just didn't have break lights or something

- You didn't stop, but apparently waived the guy over to a safer area off the ramp, where either the cops happened to be, or were called. And you told the cops you left to get to a safer area

You get arrested and in jail, which also doesn't make complete sense to be held over a weekend. They didn't even let you post bail? And also, you're completely calm about it and admit fault??

It makes no SENSE.  :lol Can't you see this? The way you explained it, you got rear ended, which means it was the other guys fault unless you were doing something really stupid driving you didn't mention. You didn't stop in the middle of the off ramp because it was too dangerous, and wasn't a big crash anyway. You waved for the other guy to get to a safer area, which I'm guessing was close by. You explain that to the cops but get arrested anyway.

I'm sorry, if someone rammed into me with their car and I was in danger of getting hit again on the expressway and moved my car, and I got arrested for it and in jail for TWO days I would be completely pissed. Unless there was something I know I did wrong and deserved it, which is what you act like, without explaining what part you fucked up on.

Someone should file an open records request and get the police report, LOL.

Hollywood

« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2009, 02:52:26 AM »
To get a Houston police report:

Please be aware a criminal offense report and associated items such as videos, photos, etc are not considered public information and will not be released unless the case was closed by conviction (someone was arrested, convicted and received jail/prison time and/or deferred adjudication and/or a fine). The only portion that will be released in most cases is the public information page and suspect information if a suspect(s) was arrested and charged. The public information contains a brief summary of the crime, the complainant's name, address, date, time and location of the incident and can be obtained via:

* Email – hpd.openrecs@cityofhouston.net
    * Fax - 713 308-3260
    * In person - Records Division, 1st floor, 1200 Travis
    * US mail - Records Division, 1200 Travis, Houston, TX 77002

Provide as much information as possible so the report can be located, such as the:

* name(s), DOB, TDL and/or SSN of the parties involved
    * date/location of the incident
    * type of incident
    * include the incident number if available

If you just want the public information page, you can go to the HPD Administration Bldg, 1200 Travis, 1st floor, Monday through Friday, 7am - 6pm, and request a copy of the public information page or you can submit an Open Records request via the above email address.

If the case was not closed by conviction and you submit an Open Records request for the whole report, your request will be forwarded to the Texas Attorney General's Office for a ruling which can take up 60 business days.

Someone please e-mail them and get the info on it,  :lol
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:59:56 AM by Hollywood »

drew

• sy
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2009, 02:57:42 AM »
bbl

spoiler (click to show/hide)
wha
[close]

edit: you editing son of a beach
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:06:30 AM by drew »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2009, 03:50:14 AM »
:lol

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen on here. I guess Himu is done with it. Dude, I don't see how you can't see why people think you're holding something back You basically said you went to jail for this:

- Had an accident, where you were rear ended, which sounds like it wasn't your fault. I don't even know how its possible to be rear ended and it be your fault, unless like Wilco said, you just didn't have break lights or something

- You didn't stop, but apparently waived the guy over to a safer area off the ramp, where either the cops happened to be, or were called. And you told the cops you left to get to a safer area

You get arrested and in jail, which also doesn't make complete sense to be held over a weekend. They didn't even let you post bail? And also, you're completely calm about it and admit fault??

It makes no SENSE.  :lol Can't you see this? The way you explained it, you got rear ended, which means it was the other guys fault unless you were doing something really stupid driving you didn't mention. You didn't stop in the middle of the off ramp because it was too dangerous, and wasn't a big crash anyway. You waved for the other guy to get to a safer area, which I'm guessing was close by. You explain that to the cops but get arrested anyway.

I'm sorry, if someone rammed into me with their car and I was in danger of getting hit again on the expressway and moved my car, and I got arrested for it and in jail for TWO days I would be completely pissed. Unless there was something I know I did wrong and deserved it, which is what you act like, without explaining what part you fucked up on.

Someone should file an open records request and get the police report, LOL.

1. He was held for two days. In Texas, he can be held for up to 48 hours before seeing a magistrate and released.
2. It's not important that he didn't cause the accident. Both parties involved in an accident are legally required to stop in a safe place. Himuro said he "was looking for a safe place to stop that wasn't on the freeway." If there was a shoulder lane anywhere on the freeway between where the accident took place and the airport, he probably should have pulled over. If there wasn't a safe place, he can use that as a defense during his court date.
3. He should be angry that he was arrested and jailed for two days. But Texas police officers seem to have a lot of discretion (see my earlier post). So if he's angry at anyone, it should be at Texas and at the US Supreme Court.

edit: typo was changed wasn't
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:09:54 AM by Malek »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »

Please be aware a criminal offense report and associated items such as videos, photos, etc are not considered public information and will not be released unless the case was closed by conviction (someone was arrested, convicted and received jail/prison time and/or deferred adjudication and/or a fine). The only portion that will be released in most cases is the public information page and suspect information if a suspect(s) was arrested and charged. The public information contains a brief summary of the crime, the complainant's name, address, date, time and location of the incident and can be obtained via:

* Fax - 713 308-3260

Provide as much information as possible so the report can be located, such as the:

* type of incident

If you just want the public information page, you can go to the HPD Administration Bldg, 1200 Travis, 1st floor, Monday through Friday, 7am - 6pm, and request a copy of the public information page or you can submit an Open Records request via the above email address.

If the case was not closed by conviction and you submit an Open Records request for the whole report, your request will be forwarded to the Texas Attorney General's Office for a ruling which can take up 60 business days.

distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. Do it yourself, or are you scared?
fat

Himu

« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »
I'm really getting scared about going to court tomorrow. I just know they're going to convict me and my life will be over. I'm fucked.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is an escape to a virtual world created by a bunch of dudes in California; how pathetic.

This is the worst thing that has happened to me in my life.
IYKYK

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »
Don't worry about it so much.  It'll probably be cool.

...but if it's not.  You don't need your possessions while you're in the big house, do you?  Can you ship those to me?  If you need them, I can just mail you cartons of cigarettes.
HURR

Himu

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
Chances of me going to jail are slim.

However, getting a fine in this case is just as bad going to jail: you're still getting a misdemeanor.
IYKYK

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »
So are you mailing me stuff or not, because I don't wanna wait by the mailbox all day if you aren't.

But really, don't worry man.  The worst thing you can do is worry and get nervous. 
HURR

Himu

« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
I'm such a klutz. For some reason this whole week I was thinking the 24th was Thursday. Thankfully my lawyer corrected me yesterday. I guess when they gave me the charge and court date in jail I counted wrong.

Either way, tomorrow is the day.

I just wanted to say I appreciate all the help and encouragement you guys have given me and that if anything happens even if we've never met, I love you guys.
IYKYK

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
Good luck himu.
Boo

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »
You'll do fine and if not you can always play the race card!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »
You'll do fine and if not you can always play the race card!

It's worked out pretty well so far for the black professor that got arrested a few days ago.
dog

Hollywood

« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2009, 11:21:25 PM »

* Fax - 713 308-3260

* type of incident

distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. Do it yourself, or are you scared?

You get an achievement for it. So I'm not enough of a f@g to do it.

Himu

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
Just came back from court. They set my trial to another date: August 13.

My attorney says that if we have insurance settle or help pay for the damage of the other vehicle we could probably lower the charge from Misdemeanor Class B to Class C, which would be far more preferable but not ideal.

He's trying to come up with a negotiation with the prospector so I can get out of this without something on my record and my case expunged.

I'm so damn split. On one hand, I'm disappointed we didn't just get over with today, because now I've gotta worry about this for 3 more weeks. On the other, I'm glad it was rescheduled because this gives us more time to prepare my case.

At least there wasn't any bad news today and I'm glad, because my girlfriend is flying in from New Jersey today and we're going to Dallas for the weekend. That will be something good to get my mind off of this crap.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »

my joke was more about himu being emotionally stunted then anything, though.

In what way am I emotionally stunted because I feel that laws exist for a reason and sometimes it's not my place to argue them, especially at times when it was I that broke them?

I won't make an excuse for anything. I have smoked weed and I dl music and anime. I've done my share of law breaking, but fuck. Get a clue.
IYKYK

FatalT

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2009, 02:10:59 PM »
Get on irc more often Himu.

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »
I still don't buy it. There's no way you get nailed on a misdemeanor for this. I shot an e-mail to the addy above, we'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems completely strange.
wha

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »

My attorney says that if we have insurance settle or help pay for the damage of the other vehicle we could probably lower the charge from Misdemeanor Class B to Class C, which would be far more preferable but not ideal.

Why should you pay for the damage of the other vehicle? I thought you got rear ended?
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »

Why should you pay for the damage of the other vehicle? I thought you got rear ended?

That's the part of this whole thing that I can't wrap my brain around.
dog

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »

A driver can cause a crash even though he was the one rear-ended. He can slam his brakes, change lanes quickly or without signaling, or fail to turn on the car's lights at night. (I'm not saying Himuro caused the crash; he's given few details about the actual accident.)

Himu

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2009, 07:18:25 PM »
Prospector? wtf, I don't remember writing that.

Went to HPD after leaving the courthouse and got a police report for the incident. I read it when we got to Dallas and apparently the guy got three tickets on the matter. Holy shit?! 

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2009, 07:20:28 PM »

Well seeing that his vehicle was damaged as well, and I'm not exactly in the position to argue, settling would be a good step.

A driver can cause a crash even though he was the one rear-ended. He can slam his brakes, change lanes quickly or without signaling, or fail to turn on the car's lights at night. (I'm not saying Himuro caused the crash; he's given few details about the actual accident.)

I was heading for the exit, checked my blind spots, didn't see the guy. Headed for the exit, right when I get in the lane, dude beeps and he hits me on rear passenger side/tail.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:22:48 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »
himu, WHY ARE THEY CHARGING YOU WITH A MISDEMEANOR.

i agree: there's something you aren't telling us here. you could at LEAST speculate why ANYONE might think this accident is your fault.

my suspicion: dead kid in the trunk. normally a class a felony, but since the kid was a mexican, they dropped it to a class b misdemeanor.
duc

Himu

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »
They are charging me with a class b misdemeanor because I failed to stop after the initial accident and exchange information. It appeared that i was fleeing the scene.
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »
seems that unless you drove a rather long way from the scene -- which it sounds like you DIDN'T do since you were just looking for an unobstructive turnoff -- they would throw it out. i know cops freak out on behalf of insurance companies when the accident scene gets moved around since it makes declaring fault very difficult, but come ON.
duc

Himu

IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »
you WERE hit, and you didn't run far. on the other hand, BLACK MAN + TEXAS JUSTICE
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2009, 07:45:38 PM »
http://www.mytexasdefenselawyer.com/texas-criminal-laws-penalties/hit-and-run/

Well, there's a difference between "Oh god, I can't have this on my record!! *slams on the gas and speed away*" and "I don't want to get killed on the freeway so I will calmly drive until I find a safe place to stop.".
dog

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2009, 07:47:31 PM »

I was heading for the exit, checked my blind spots, didn't see the guy. Headed for the exit, right when I get in the lane, dude beeps and he hits me on rear passenger side/tail.

So you accidentally caused the collision.

How far did you drive? Was there a shoulder lane?

Himu

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »

So you accidentally caused the collision.

I agree.

How far did you drive? Was there a shoulder lane?

Distance? I'd guage 3-5 miles before he flashed his lights towards a police cruiser. The exit ramp is really long too. I signaled the guy to follow me after the incident and I drop at a speed slower than traffic so he could continue donig so.

However, given the distance, I can understand why the officer would construe the offense as a hit and run. I fucked up badly. I'll admit I probably missed a few places I could have stopped at on the way, but at that point I was panicking and didn't know what to do.

And no, there was not a shoulder lane in the exit. It's a one lane exit ramp with no shoulders.

I was unable to talk to the guy after the police intervened because they seemed semi-threatening and I was scared shitless; the authorities also told me not to move from that spot. I really only got a glimpse of his vehicle, himself, and the damage done. However, looking through the police report reveals he had his 14 year old son behind the drivers seat. They're claiming a possible injury, which I find to be bullshit because on the same report they claim they were both buckled up AND the kid wasn't even in within the same radius of the collision, which was closer to the front left side bumper and driver's door than it was to any passenger seats.

The trouble with this is that the website I linked above cites this,"If the injury is not serious, it is a felony punishable by up to one year in a county jail or up to five years in a state prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:19:33 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »
If your lawyer is recommending that you pay off the other driver then you definitely were at fault somehow, I guess Willco is partially vindicated. I don't really see how paying off his damage has anything to do with your criminal case though.

lol @ prospector

...scrolling down, I see that it wasn't a rear end at all. There you go. So you veered into this poor sap and then drove how many miles away from him before stopping?

edit: lmfao, 3-5 miles. I called it.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »

You kept driving for upwards of five miles? and you didn't stop until he flashed a cruiser? Injured minor?

I know you didn't intend to run, bit it doesn't look good. I hope your lawyer can work out a deal for you.

Himu

« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2009, 08:32:37 PM »
Paying off the damage could help decrease the class of the crime probably. Over 200 dollar damages is a class b misdemeanor, under 200 is class c. the goal is to lower the class from b to c.
IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2009, 08:33:02 PM »

Distance? I'd guage 3-5 miles

Holy shit, dude.  

However, given the distance, I can understand why the officer would construe the offense as a hit and run.

No, the officer didn't "construe" it as a hit and run.  At 3-5 miles, it WAS a hit and run.

Please explain how it was necessary to drive 3-5 miles just to get to safety from freeway traffic.  I know everything is bigger in Texas, but a 5 mile exit ramp?  Really?
MMA

archie4208

« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2009, 08:33:37 PM »
I hope things work out for the best, but 3-5 miles is a pretty long distance dude. :/  I was assuming it was a few hundred feet.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2009, 08:35:14 PM »
 I was assuming it was a few hundred feet.

I wasn't assuming anything considering how hard it has been to pull the real story out of him.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:41:02 PM by Boogie »
MMA

« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2009, 08:42:01 PM »
So you cut the guy off, caused an accident, and then fled the scene for three to five miles?

Yeah, you're at fault. Still surprised you got jailed for 2 days, but you're at fault.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:48:50 PM by distantmantra »
野球

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2009, 08:54:51 PM »
As the Himuro Turns

spoiler (click to show/hide)
... Into Oncoming Traffic
[close]
PSP

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2009, 09:47:56 PM »
Why did you drive that fucking far man?? What were you thinking?

???

"what final fantasy local would I most want to be arrested in?"

Hollywood

« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »
You said 3-5 miles ... so saying you went 30 mph as an estimate, maybe faster .. thats 0.5 miles per minute.

So that means you drove up to 10 MINUTES without stopping? are you serious dude?  :lol I'll give a conservative estimate of say 6 or 7 minutes without stopping based on you going faster and not as long based on that. But thats still a fucking eternity in a car, especially after an accident.  :lol

After about 30 seconds after an accident, my spidey sense would be going off to find a way to stop somewhere remotely reasonable. Damn, do you not have common sense here?

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2009, 11:39:39 PM »
He definitely fucked it up, but isn't he pretty young? He got nervous and fucked it up. He shoulda just said so in the OP though.