Author Topic: I was put in jail for 2 days  (Read 7801 times)

Himu

Re: I was put in jail for 2 days
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 03:38:24 AM »
The cop said that I was at fault after I explained the situation. He said that there was no way you could get a dent like that if it wasn't my fault, forgetting (probably on purpose) that the vehicle that did it was a giant white van while I drive a buick le sabre.

Fault or no fault, did you tell the guy you were pulling off the ramp to get to a safer area in which to trade info with the other driver?

Waved to him to follow. He followed.

Either way, I should have stayed there:

Sec. 550.022. ACCIDENT INVOLVING DAMAGE TO VEHICLE. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), the operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:

(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close as possible to the scene of the accident without obstructing traffic more than is necessary;

If i recall, there weren't any safe places to park on the freeway exit heading to the airport, though; no side lanes for an occasion but it would have been preferable to stopping in the middle of a two lane exit seeing that Houston freways have 4, sometimes 5 lanes.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:43:22 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 03:39:57 AM »
The cop said that I was at fault after I explained the situation. He said that there was no way you could get a dent like that if it wasn't my fault, forgetting (probably on purpose) that the vehicle that did it was a giant white van while I drive a buick le sabre.

Fault or no fault, did you tell the guy you were pulling off the ramp to get to a safer area in which to trade info with the other driver?

The fact this is being ignored is exceptionally telling.

Or maybe I was playing WoW. :P
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 03:59:29 AM »
Yes, I can swim. If only there were water nearby!
IYKYK

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2009, 04:06:19 AM »
Yes, I can swim. If only there were water nearby!

whip your big cock out and piss me a lake.
UNF

Hollywood

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »

The fact this is being ignored is exceptionally telling.

Yeah exactly. Plus the fact that he's not even exactly ticked off about this "Injustice."

Seriously Himu, did you tell the cop that you were trying to get off the ramp with the guy to meet up? I still don't get why you can't answer if you told the cop that or not, or if the other guy was arrested too.  :lol

Himu

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
When did I ever say this was injustice?

Not once in this thread have I asked for anyone's opinion on what happened. You are misconstruing my reasons for posting this topic; I don't care what you think about the arrest, or your internet detective schemes seeing that it has already happened.

I'm going to court either way. I'm more worried about how I'm going to get out of court than this "injustice".

I told you the other guy wasn't arrested and that I told the cop I signaled for the guy to follow me.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »
And for the record, it wasn't injustice. It was well deserved. I fucked up.
IYKYK

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »
Hey Himumu, I'm not sure if Houston laws are the same as austin, but if nobody is hurt than you are supposed to get out of the way of traffic. You might not have done anything wrong. In fact when I got hit, all that happened was the police came and told us we didnt even need to have the cops show up. Where you on the beltway? Their might be special rules for that.

Also leave your turban at home on your court date.

Himu

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »
You know how on 45 north there's an exit for Inter-continental Bush and there's a huuuuuuge ramp? There.

IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2009, 07:53:04 PM »

Bullshit.  IF your account of events is accurate, (and again, I view that as a big "if") it was an unnecessary, possibly even illegal arrest.

The fact that you're not even pissed about it just has me feeling that you're holding something back, or distorting something.

ie.  Even when prodded, you didn't actually mention the arrest.  Your story of the scene ends when the officer tells you that you're "going to jail for a misdemeanor."

Also:  strip searched out in broad fucking daylight?  When you haven't even been arrested?

And yet, you're not pissed, and say there was no injustice?

what the fuck is wrong with you?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:57:25 PM by Boogie »
MMA

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2009, 07:53:57 PM »
:lol himuro is so lying. where is mupepe, he probably knows the real story.
fat

etiolate

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »

Bullshit.  IF your account of events is accurate, (and again, I view that as a big "if") it was an unnecessary, possibly even illegal arrest.

The fact that you're not even pissed about it just has me feeling that you're holding something back, or distorting something.

ie.  Even when prodded, you didn't actually mention the arrest.  Your story of the scene ends when the officer tells you that you're "going to jail for a misdemeanor."

Also:  strip searched out in broad fucking daylight?  When you haven't even been arrested?

This.

I really don't believe Himuro's story and the fact that he says he was wrong just shows us that something is seriously wrong with his version of events.
PSP

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2009, 08:54:07 PM »
Oh, and I missed this little gem:

After what seems to be an hour they get off the phone with what was supposedly the DA and the dude says I'm going to jail for a misdemeanor -

No police officer is going to be fucking consulting with a District Attorney at the roadside scene of a collision where no one was hurt, and the only charges are a misdemeanor of failing to stop, and driving without insurance.   :rofl

Boogie:  "High, Crown Prosecutor (Canadian version of DA)?"

CP: "Yes?"

Boogie: "Yeah, I've got a situation here."

CP: "Okay"

Boogie: "Ya, you see, this black guy got rear-ended.  Nobody was hurt, but he didn't stop his car.  Instead, he pulled away a little ways to get his car to safety.  Oh ya, and he's driving without insurance.  "

CP: "..."

Boogie: "So, like, what do you think I should do?"

CP: "...Are you fucking kidding me?  Why the hell are you wasting my time with this shit?"  *click*
MMA

etiolate

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
They had themselves a muslim heading to an airport.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2009, 09:01:51 PM »
yet another cop distrusting a black man. smh
wtc

Himu

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »
I haven't lied about anything in this thread.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2009, 09:11:01 PM »
The question is, what have you held back from saying?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »
Anyone want to bet he had pot on him or something?
PSP

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2009, 09:12:04 PM »
He failed to mention his trunk full of cocaine, which perhaps not so coincidentally left a trail from the site of the crash to the airport.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2009, 09:13:42 PM »
Quote from: The Arresting Officer
Anyone want to bet he has pot on him or something?
wtc

Himu

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »

Don't tell me what's bullshit if something happened. In Texas if you move away from the crash site you're the one at fault. Final.

What is there to be pissed about? Sorry I'm not an angry stereotype addicted meathead. I was angry when I was arrested, more scared than angry however, but what reason do I have to be angry for? I'm out of jail and I have trial on Thursday. What reason do I have to be angry?

What is there to say about the arrest? It was an arrest; typical procedure. Cop takes my insurance, checks it, says I don't have insurance. They contact the station, do a background check, whatever the fuck. I'm standing around for what seems to be thirty minutes and the cop tells me the lowdown; I'm charged with a misdemeanor. So he puts handcuffs on me and puts me in the car.

There's very little to argue, I had to take it all in. I'm not arguing with a cop when he tells me to put my hands on the car when he searches me.

That is what happened.

Oops, not strip search, but he searched me. He had me put my hands on the car as he felt me up.

I broke the law. Laws are laws for a reason.
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »
Did you really get strip searched Himuro? That makes no fucking sense.

Edit: nvm

Himu

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »
The question is, what have you held back from saying?

I haven't held back anything.
IYKYK

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2009, 09:14:59 PM »
Himuro is wayy to goodie two shoes to have pot. It was probably the dynamite strapped to his chest.
UNF

etiolate

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »
Laws are just a temporal moral statute which are the end effect of personal morals that have been pushed by somebody/some group. Breaking the law doesn't mean you did something wrong. If you go about that way of thinking then your morality changes as you travel from state to state.

Himu

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »
I haven't smoked pot in months.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »
You can continue to lie, but Boogie's points are valid (especially since he's actually law enforcement) and your story doesn't add up.  If you don't feel comfortable divulging the details, that's your prerogative, but don't expect us to buy this load of bull.
PSP

etiolate

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »
And also,

Sec. 550.022. ACCIDENT INVOLVING DAMAGE TO VEHICLE. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), the operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:

(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close as possible to the scene of the accident without obstructing traffic more than is necessary;

It doesn't seem you broke the law by your own post. You claim there was no safe and non-traffic hazardous place to stop.

Himu

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »
What reason at all do I have to lie to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2009, 09:21:51 PM »
If Himuro's story was remotely true, the NAACP would be all up in this cop's business and Al Sharpton would march to his court proceedings to let freedom ring.

So this the current story:

Himuro was rear ended - the victim of a motor vehicle accident! - he drives a little bit until he can pull over to an airport, where he's greeted by the police.  He is cited for not having insurance and then waits thirty minutes to find out he's being arrested for a misdemeanor?

I mean, does anyone buy this?
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Again, this doesn't add up if you're the victim of an accident.  And does failure to give information also mean failure to give information to the cops?
PSP

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »
If Himuro's story was remotely true, the NAACP would be all up in this cop's business and Al Sharpton would march to his court proceedings to let freedom ring.

Himuro was rear ended - the victim of a motor vehicle accident! - he drives a little bit until he can pull over to an airport, where he's greeted by the police.  He is cited for not having insurance and then waits thirty minutes to find out he's being arrested for a misdemeanor?

he's black.
UNF

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »

Wow, you really are religious!  "oooh, cant wait to deeply internalize all these rules and regulations, yummy yummy!  The hurt is so good!" *Sadist Deity Cackles At Your Unpleasure*  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:25:12 PM by Chipopo »

Himu

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »
What is it like to have no one to arrest except Inuit, Boogie?

Get out the thread, faggo. Another meathead losing his cool for no reason at all. Also see: that one pet thread at gaf/
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2009, 09:26:45 PM »
So, you weren't the victim of the accident.
PSP

etiolate

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »
what

Himu

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »
Uh

Did I ever say once in this thread that I was the victim?

Or was that the jew breathing down my neck and forcing words into my mouth that I was?

IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:37 PM »
The truth is revealed.

Himuro damaged the other driver's car, and failed to stop and give information until he reached the airport, where the authorities got called in.

Why didn't you say that in the first place?
PSP

etiolate

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2009, 09:29:36 PM »
This wouldn't even make sense as an anime plot

Himu

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »
The truth is revealed.

Himuro damaged the other driver's car, and failed to stop and give information until he reached the airport, where the authorities got called in.

Why didn't you say that in the first place?

No, he rear ended me.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »
I have never heard of the one rear ended as the one at fault. Unless you don't have working brake lights.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2009, 09:31:05 PM »
Did I ever say once in this thread that I was the victim?

I was on the freeway and I went to take an exit towards the airport. A ways into the lane some guy rear ends me, which shook me up, forcing me to stop.

A ways into the lane some guy rear ends me, which shook me up, forcing me to stop.

A ways into the lane some guy rear ends me...

some guy rear ends me...

rear ends me...

PWNED.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
I have never heard of the one rear ended as the one at fault. Unless you don't have working brake lights.

The accident isn't the problem. The problem was that I didn't stop and exchange info at the crash site, being a freeway exit.
IYKYK

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2009, 09:33:28 PM »

he's black.

In Texas.
野球

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2009, 09:33:45 PM »
Actually, that is the problem.  A quick look at that law shows that only applies when you are the one that caused the damage.

SO YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM IN THE ACCIDENT, THAT IS WHY YOU BROKE THE LAW.

So when are you going to admit what etoilate stated or come clean.  Either your break lights don't work or you dinged the other guy.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »
But, I'm hiding something Distant!
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
You obviously are.  You initial statement implies you were the victim of an accident and now you're claiming otherwise.

You just need to come clean and tell everyone you dinged this other guy's car.
PSP

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »
Close this thread. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »
There are instances where you can be at fault if you're the one who get rear ended. It's rare, but it can happen.
野球

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »

Don't tell me what's bullshit if something happened. In Texas if you move away from the crash site you're the one at fault. Final.

Ya, you're the one at fault, final.  But not, "you must be arrested"

What is there to be pissed about? Sorry I'm not an angry stereotype addicted meathead. I was angry when I was arrested, more scared than angry however, but what reason do I have to be angry for? I'm out of jail and I have trial on Thursday. What reason do I have to be angry?

For being put under arrest illegally?

What is there to say about the arrest? It was an arrest; typical procedure. Cop takes my insurance, checks it, says I don't have insurance. They contact the station, do a background check, whatever the fuck. I'm standing around for what seems to be thirty minutes and the cop tells me the lowdown; I'm charged with a misdemeanor. So he puts handcuffs on me and puts me in the car.

There's very little to argue, I had to take it all in. I'm not arguing with a cop when he tells me to put my hands on the car when he searches me.

That is what happened.

Fine.  You just didn't say that when asked.

It's just me, but I would think that the particulars of an arrest would be something I would be more likely to articulate when telling the story then what kind of breakfast they served in cells. :P

Oops, not strip search, but he searched me. He had me put my hands on the car as he felt me up.

Gee, big difference there, dontcha think?

Wow.

The police are guided by laws too, you know?  Ones that guide our powers and authorities to arrest people?

What is it like to have no one to arrest except Inuit, Boogie?

(Image removed from quote.)

Get out the thread, faggo. Another meathead losing his cool for no reason at all. Also see: that one pet thread at gaf/

Why are you posting tiny, out-of-context snippets of these court/police documents?  These tell us nothing that is in dispute.  I'm not necessarily doubting that you were charged with a misdemeanor, nor even that you were arrested.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:39:19 PM by Boogie »
MMA

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »
You could say Himuro rolled right... inuit
fat

etiolate

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
Did you cut the guy off and got rear ended?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2009, 09:38:18 PM »
There are instances where you can be at fault if you're the one who get rear ended. It's rare, but it can happen.

Nobody is disputing that but Himuro, who isn't telling the whole story of the accident.  It now sounds like he fucked up and was not the victim of the accident and mistakenly drove away to the airport.

Which makes much more sense then what was initially said.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
Uh, Willco, the initial accident was always a small part of the equation. That is the part that has no bearing to this case. The accident is the catalyst. It is in no way the reason I am going to court. The statement that he rear ended me is only a fact, not an opinion. It's not construing any entitlement - victim or otherwise. But it did happen.

Like most fancy liberals, turning a mole hill into a mountain.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
Also, can "I'm driving to the airport!" be the new "I'm going to the park!"?
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »
you libruls *fist shake*
fat

Himu

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »
Fuck it. I'm done.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
Uh, Willco, the initial accident was always a small part of the equation.

No, it's not.  Victims of accidents don't get arrested in those situations.  You initially implied in your statement that you were a victim, which is why nobody bought your story.

If you had said, "The guy rear ended me, but it was my fault!" it would make actual fucking sense.

If this is your logic, I can see why you were tossed in jail.

PSP

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
Himu, how far did you drive from the location of the collision to wherever it was you came to a stop?
MMA