Author Topic: I was put in jail for 2 days  (Read 7794 times)

Himu

I was put in jail for 2 days
« on: July 19, 2009, 04:07:10 PM »
I wanted to not reveal this but...

I was arrested and put in jail on Thursday. It was the first time I was ever arrested.

Basically, I was in my car driving home from work. I was on the freeway and I went to take an exit towards the airport. A ways into the lane some guy rear ends me, which shook me up, forcing me to stop.

It seemed like everything was in order, as it wasn't that big of a crash. The thing is, I was in the middle of a freeway exit and I'm not exactly willing to become a pancake, so I kept driving after the initial hit. He followed. I was looking for a safe place to stop that wasn't on the freeway, but the cops came as soon as I got into the airport.

They filed it a misdemeanor, not stopping at a crash site. Which I didn't want to do because I didn't want to stop and exchange insurance info and call the cops in the middle of a freeway exit if we were both completely mobile and healthy.

I gave the police my insurance and they said my car wasn't insured when it most undoubtedly was.

They put in jail with a misdemeanor charge and a $2600 ticket for not having an insured vehicle, which I did have insurance for.

I was in jail for 2 days and yesterday they released me. I went to court and got the ticket issue settled, case was dismissed. On the 24th I have a court date in regards to the misdemeanor. Hopefully things go smoothly.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: I was put in jail for 2 days
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »
Fake
fat

Himu

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »
100% truth.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 04:10:31 PM »
Pic or didnt happen
fat

Himu

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
I'll post my release papers then.
IYKYK

bachikarn

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 04:19:24 PM »
That sucks. In Florida it is the law to move your car after an accident if its blocking traffic.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »
he was actually arrested for vagrancy; no sleeping in the park
wtc

Himu

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 04:27:39 PM »
How was jail life?

Boring. Pretty much slept for 48 hours.
IYKYK

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »
Were you in a cell by yourself? Or were you in with a group of guys?
fek

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 04:30:54 PM »
Did you scream and bang the bars telling them this isnt how you should treat a future member of the military
fat

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 04:31:16 PM »
Himu traded 4 bean pies for a bj

Crushed

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
Did you scream and bang the bars telling them this isnt how you should treat a future member of the nation of islam anti-whitey military

fixed
wtc

Oblivion

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »
Hope you're okay, himu. I hear prison's not too kind to white folk.

Himu

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »
Muslim + Airport, predict the ending

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
smh  :lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »
FRESH FISH! FRESH FISH!
PSP

FatalT

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
Wait, what was $31.81?

Himu

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 05:08:44 PM »
The cash I came in jail with. They made it back out to me as a check.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »
So, wait, you got rear ended and somehow thrown in jail and having to go to court to protest a misdemeanor charge?  Where's Boogie, because my PO-PO SENSE is tingling.  This doesn't add up.
PSP

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »
So, wait, you got rear ended and somehow thrown in jail and having to go to court to protest a misdemeanor charge?  Where's Boogie, because my PO-PO SENSE is tingling.  This doesn't add up.

Agreed.  The lack of details regarding the interaction with the officer and/or particulars of the arrest have me scratching my head.

No reason to get arrested AND HELD FOR COURT just for a failing stop charge and allegedly driving without insurance.  You're either full of shit, or holding something back, himu.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:16:57 PM by Boogie »
MMA

FatalT

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »
You guys are all forgetting that Himuro is black. That's like, a +10 on the jail scale.

Crushed

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 05:17:40 PM »
they assumed his car was stolen, duh

You guys are all forgetting that Himuro is black. That's like, a +10 on the jail scale.

exacto
wtc

Himu

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 05:18:45 PM »
Were you in a cell by yourself? Or were you in with a group of guys?

4 other guys.

There was a toilet, 2 bunks. So 4 beds.

That cell was actually preferable to the other stuff I had to sleep on such as on the floor of cells that were over glorified bathrooms at the sheriff's office in downtown.

On Friday they took us to the sheriff's place to get some filing done and all that jazz at 6am. We came out at 4pm. I just slept and sat on the floor all day.

The cells at the sheriff's contained on rough average, at least 25-50 inmates in total at their largest. We moved down from people who were going to county and people like me going to a city jail all the way down to people like me who were gong to be released. So the inmate number in the sheriff's office gradually decreased as the day went by.

Most boring experience of my life. I migrated to at least 6-7 different holding cells that day, each with their own unique funky smell.

Food...on Thursday I was given one sandwich, some cookies, and orange drink. I don't know what time they gave it to me. All I know is that they gave it to me at night. When incarcerated you lose any sense of time and place. I would gauge it was at 8 or 9 they gave me that food, but when I finally managed to be able to call home and get an answer it was 1 in the morning.

Friday, I was given the same meal as above only twice.

On Saturday they gave us the following for breakfast:

- scrambled eggs
- grits
- apple
- cornbread (yes, cornbread)
- orange drink (yes it says orange *DRINK* on the label of the container, same for lemon flavor)

Lunch:

- Cabbage
- Spaghetti
- Carrots
- Cornbread
- Lemon Drink

Overall, the experience wasn't *so* bad, it was just mind numbingly boring. If I were to describe it I'd use three words: scary, stressful and boring. Inmates weren't so bad, and were actually nice to talk to. Lots of people had crazy stories and were fun as hell. So it wasn't too depressing, thankfully.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2009, 05:21:50 PM »
Himuro already acclimating to life behind bars. :lol
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 05:22:32 PM »
Wow you're such a survivor himuro. Maybe you can go on roadtrips to colleges across the country and tell your life experience
fat

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 05:24:27 PM »
Hell, in Canada, an officer can't arrest for a summary offence (misdemeanour) unless the officer sees the offence being committed.

And for an indictable offence, you only arrest if:
-there are concerns with proving the identity of the individual
-concerns that the individual will continue or repeat the offence if not arrested
-concerns that the individual won't show up in court
- the individual must be arrested to preserve or secure evidence of the offence

Assuming the laws of the States are similar, Himu's story doesn't quite add up.
MMA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »
we're all skirting around the real question here: himu, did anyone use your anus for pleasure?
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 05:26:50 PM »
well, they did have carrots on saturday
sup

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 05:27:45 PM »
<Himuro> I may have left out that I was doing a line of coke on the steering wheel.
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »
Himuro's real crime was DWB: Driving While Black
🍆🍆

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
Driving while black won't get you tossed in jail for two days and charged with misdemeanor.  Usually, you get racial profiled, harassed and a bullshit ticket, but none of my black relatives have been tossed in the slammer as a result.
PSP

cool breeze

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »
did you ask the other inmates which video game world they would live in if they could live anywhere?

E-DuB

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 05:36:37 PM »
we're all skirting around the real question here: himu, did anyone use your anus for pleasure?

More importantly did you smuggle anything into jail in your anus? :o

In all seriousness though, I'm sorry you went through this ordeal. Here's hoping you get it cleared asap
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:38:44 PM by E-DuB »

Himu

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »

Unfortunately, they didn't give us showers so I didn't get the opportunity to experience this wonder.  :'(
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2009, 06:28:28 PM »
There's a lot of very weird things about this story.  First I thought that courts were closed on the weekends?  Also the officers didn't even try to check your insurance on their computers before arresting you?  I don't know but you need to really get a good jew.

Also what happens with the impound fee?  Do you need to wait until Friday to possibly get that canceled or should you just go to the lot now?

Himu

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »
Driving while black won't get you tossed in jail for two days and charged with misdemeanor.  Usually, you get racial profiled, harassed and a bullshit ticket, but none of my black relatives have been tossed in the slammer as a result.

That's nice, Willco. I'm merely reporting what happened. The cop who said I didn't have insurance flat out said that the DA filed it as a misdemeanor and that I was going to jail.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »
There's a lot of very weird things about this story.  First I thought that courts were closed on the weekends?  Also the officers didn't even try to check your insurance on their computers before arresting you?  I don't know but you need to consult with a Jew.

I'm sure that's true for civilians but for inmates I guess it's different. I went to court yesterday at 11am.

They ran my proof of insurance through the computers and they said I didn't have any.

Also what happens with the impound fee?  Do you need to wait until Friday to possibly get that canceled or should you just go to the lot now?

We already got my car out.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
While I believe you about the insurance nonsense, your account of being arrested for a misdemeanor charge when you are the victim is clearly bogus.  The fact that you haven't addressed Boogie pretty much cements that.

When will you tell us what really happened?  Did you flip out on the officer?
PSP

Himu

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 07:05:36 PM »
No. I haven't addressed Boogie just because.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 07:09:50 PM »

Agreed.  The lack of details regarding the interaction with the officer and/or particulars of the arrest have me scratching my head.

No reason to get arrested AND HELD FOR COURT just for a failing stop charge and allegedly driving without insurance.  You're either full of shit, or holding something back, himu.

What is there to say about the officer? I gave him my proof of insurance, I walked outside the car. He had his hand on his gun. He and another car came by and they started to chat.

They had me put my hands on the car, strip searched me and asked me questions like,"Is this your car?" "Do you have anything illegal in there?" "Blah blah". Police officer comes and says that the car doesn't have insurance for it. I call him out and say that is wrong, that the car is insured.

After what seems to be an hour they get off the phone with what was supposedly the DA and the dude says I'm going to jail for a misdemeanor - not stopping and trading info after the incident and a ticket for not having insurance.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:11:59 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
how could they strip search you on a freeway

Himu

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
It wasn't on the freeway. It was at the airport.
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »
The exposed your pucker to the cold night air? lol that's awesome

Hollywood

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »

What is there to say about the officer? I gave him my proof of insurance, I walked outside the car. He had his hand on his gun. He and another car came by and they started to chat.

They had me put my hands on the car, strip searched me and asked me questions like,"Is this your car?" "Do you have anything illegal in there?" "Blah blah". Police officer comes and says that the car doesn't have insurance for it. I call him out and say that is wrong, that the car is insured.

After what seems to be an hour they get off the phone with what was supposedly the DA and the dude says I'm going to jail for a misdemeanor - not stopping and trading info after the incident and a ticket for not having insurance.

Did you tell them that you were going to a safer area where to trade info? Did you tell the other guy in the accident to meet up off the ramp to trade info?

It seems to me like you:

a) don't have insurance
b) you knew that and you left the scene of the crash for that reason

I don't see why if you mutually told the other guy in the accident to drive to safer area to meet up and you also told the officer that, why you would be put in jail. You did that right? And was the other guy arrested?

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »
I don't think cops are able to check insurance status in all states, especially if they don't give a shit. I had an out of date card in my glovebox and he still gave me a ticket. I had to get a special letter from my insurance company and give it to a judge to have the ticket wiped away.

Himu

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »
:lol @ all these accusations.

Now I don't have car insurance. :lol
IYKYK

Hollywood

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2009, 07:40:35 PM »
:lol @ all these accusations.

Now I don't have car insurance. :lol

Hey I'm just wondering if the guy who hit you knew to follow you off the ramp in some way, and if you told the police officer you were getting off the ramp to exchange info. Did you tell them that? It seems really odd they would put you in jail if you told them you were trying to get to a safer area.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2009, 07:54:37 PM »
And here I thought internet posters never sided with cops!

apparently the scale of trust goes like this.  People being shot by cops > cops > himu.   

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2009, 08:46:47 PM »
This story doesn't add up.  Two police cruisers came, one officer with his hand on the holster, to investigate the victim of an accident?

I'm sorry, but if you got strip searched and wrongly sent to jail with these facts then the NAACP would be all up in this precinct.

Story stinks.
PSP

Crushed

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »
even on evilbore, The Establishment is down on the Black Man
wtc

Himu

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2009, 10:38:32 PM »
The cop said that I was at fault after I explained the situation. He said that there was no way you could get a dent like that if it wasn't my fault, forgetting (probably on purpose) that the vehicle that did it was a giant white van while I drive a buick le sabre.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »
Cops made dickmove mistake. Story at 11!

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »
Oh, now I see. You were driving drunk on a suspended license and nearly killed a child.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »
i heard he was spraying aids and steel reserve at white women from the front window while carrying fifteen of mupepe's relatives in the trunk
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »
open republic of gamers laptop on the passenger seat, trying to get a loli rpg to run on a ps2 emulator
sup

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »
And here I thought internet posters never sided with cops!

apparently the scale of trust goes like this.  People being shot by cops > cops > himu.   

I LOL'd
dap

Hollywood

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 12:30:47 AM »
The cop said that I was at fault after I explained the situation. He said that there was no way you could get a dent like that if it wasn't my fault, forgetting (probably on purpose) that the vehicle that did it was a giant white van while I drive a buick le sabre.

Fault or no fault, did you tell the guy you were pulling off the ramp to get to a safer area in which to trade info with the other driver?

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:42 AM »
this is how it went down

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
UNF

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2009, 02:44:28 AM »

Fault or no fault, did you tell the guy you were pulling off the ramp to get to a safer area in which to trade info with the other driver?

The fact this is being ignored is exceptionally telling.
itm