Author Topic: demon's souls thread  (Read 19723 times)

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Re: demon's souls thread
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »
The first time I fought Black Phantom Ostrava, I circled him right after he missed his first attack and hit him with the critical back stab, which kicked knocked him off the bridge.

Most anticlimactic fight ever. :lol
BiSH

Bebpo

« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »
I just shot him with moving soul arrow when he ran at me.  I think it killed him in 1-2 hits before he reached me, lol.

I killed the Blue Dragon last night in my 2nd character I made.  I used soul ray and it did about 100 damage per hit.  Unfortunately I realized I didn't bring any spices so I equipped the regen ring and my regen crescent when I ran out of magic and left and did other stuff.  Came back 30 mins later with a full MP bar and finished him.  I realized that has to be the best place to be an ass in PvP.  You see a ghost guy just standing there firing arrows or magic and you invade his game and kill him.  Then he has to do it all over again.  I'm glad no one did that to me while I was recharging my MP!

I've kind of plateaued with the game now.  I've fought and killed all the bosses including the NPCs in the Pure White worlds.  I've tried most of the magic spells.  I've gotten almost all the loot you can get in the world.  I just....don't see any point in playing any further.  Sure I could do several new game+ runs to get all the spells and make/get all the unique weapons & rings.  But besides getting a few spells/weapons/rings each 10-15 hour playthrough....the rest is going to be the exact same.  Same loot, same items around the stage, same boss patterns; I dunno, I think I'm done.  Love the game, but 1.5 playthroughs over 40 hours was enough for me.  Time to move on to something else.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #242 on: October 23, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »
Messing with people in stages that have environmental hazards can be awesome, but it's pretty dangerous. If you mess up and get hit by the dragon's fire breath and die, you'll lose a soul level. Or if you're on 3-2 and fall off the side of a bridge/tower you'll lose a soul level. Too risky to try and fuck someone over IMO  :P 4-2 seemed pretty popular for PvP. Last time I was there in body form I fought like 4 black phantoms within 10 minutes.

Once I get the platinum trophy I'm probably just gonna PvP for a while and do some co-op occasionally (which I haven't even tried yet) until I get bored. I really want to be the boss of 3-3 too. By the time I found out about it I was too high level and could never find a world to invade.
BiSH

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2009, 11:03:57 AM »
do either the second castle level or the first mines level. If you're feeling saucy, you can go get the crescent scimitar (awesome weapon, and restores MP) in the storm lord level, but make sure to bring some arrows...and expect some deaths. I'd avoid the tower of latria for a bit.

anywhere is doable though.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2009, 11:28:15 AM »
can you buy spells that early on? can't remember when the mage appears in the nexus. fire kills the skeletons better than the starting spell. also, it helps A LOT to find a blunt weapon to use against them. if you did the mines i think you have a pickaxe already? never knew that was blunt.  :-\

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/blunt

as far as a bow, there is one somewhere in 1-2 according to the wiki, which is probably where I found it lol.

Bebpo

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2009, 05:07:47 PM »
If you are a magic user ALWAYS do 1-2 after 1-1 because Total Protection will make the game much easier for you.  3-1 is good as well because Soul Ray is a better Soul Arrow, though it costs 3x as much MP per use.

Bebpo

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »
oh yeah and the spell isn't total protection, it's "warding" in the US version.  But it's an awesome spell!  Costs a lot of mp though so make your max MP longer or buy a ton of fresh spices from the lady in 3-1.

Bebpo

« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »
Not protection.  It's the one you learn from Sage Freak after beating 1-2.

Oh wait, you don't get Sage Freak until 3-1.  Hmmmmm.  Do 1-2 then 3-1 in that case.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »
I believe Warding is a spell you have to trade a demon's soul for. There are a few magic/faith teachers to rescue throughout the world, and they will teach you new spells if you trade a boss demon's soul.

Here's where they're located:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Freke (magic) - 3-1, Yuria (magic) 1-4, Urbain (faith) 4-2
[close]

You can also give the demon's soul from 2-2 to the blacksmith on 2-1 to unlock demon soul based weapon upgrades.

beaten! still valuable information if you're not already aware, though.  :)
BiSH

Bebpo

« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2009, 03:48:43 PM »
 :) Glad you're enjoying it!

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2009, 11:55:05 PM »
Finally popped this in again tonight and beat 1-1  8)   I didn't get the treasure beyond the swinging dragon tail, but I did get the purple flame shield.  I took out the red and blue eyed demons easily after I figured out you could guard crush them with 2 fireballs and hit them with the third one. 

Crazy how the stats work...I started out by boosting a little of everything and now it's 1000+ for another point.  Can you screw yourself by trying to be well-rounded in this game?  I usually like everything at a decent level with a little more for strength and a little more for spell power in rpgs. 

Bebpo

« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
DON'T BE WELL ROUNDED.

be either:
-MAGE MAG/WILL
-FIGHTER ATK/DEF
-ARCHER (ranged)  DEX

It's worth noting that if you are a mage you also get to be a fighter because you can make a crescent maxed sword that will go off your MAG stat instead of ATK stat for damage. 

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2009, 12:05:30 AM »
only put into those stats?   or something like those stats + vitality every once in a while?

Bebpo

« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »
only put into those stats?   or something like those stats + vitality every once in a while?

The latter is better for first play.  Gives you more HP and better equip loads.  Also for Mage you should put some into DEF as well probably.  But don't well round it by spending stats on stuff like ATK if you are a mage, or DEX if you aren't a ranged bow user.  Waste of stats.

On 2nd play if you make a new character and you are trying to get the most out of your stats you only put into 1-2 categories.

Jansen

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
That guy is still around? I thought his 15 minutes were up.

Pretty amusing, but he basically just reviewed the first one and a half levels. I like how he mentioned the dogs in 1-2 though; I got destroyed by them probably 3 or 4 times before I went back to running across the bridge :lol
BiSH

Bebpo

« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »
Yahtzee gets his 15 minutes forever because he made the Chzo Mythos, which is the best adventure game series in the past decade.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »
Yahtzee gets his 15 minutes forever because he made the Chzo Mythos, which is the best adventure game series in the past decade.

Think you got Scratches mixed up. Yahtzee didnt make that?
fat

Jansen

« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
i really like his review because it so accurately describes the demon's souls experience. hoenstly i can't blame anyone that throws their hands up and gives up on the game.

you either enjoy the unforgiving difficulty or you don't.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »
I really need to get back on this one. I got to the dragon god or w/e and haven't really had time for it since.  :'(

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #260 on: February 10, 2010, 09:34:35 PM »
I've died like three times already in the first area available after Nexus (right after tutorial) as a Thief. What's a good noob class? I see Bebpo saying Archer is good, and that was my second choice for class
jon

Bebpo

« Reply #261 on: February 10, 2010, 09:45:52 PM »
I've died like three times already in the first area available after Nexus (right after tutorial) as a Thief. What's a good noob class? I see Bebpo saying Archer is good, and that was my second choice for class

wat no. ROYAL

What are you people doing playing videogames without consulting a message board first!  ;)

« Reply #262 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:14 PM »
Demon's Souls 2 rumors floating around the Moon Language Interwebs...
野球

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2010, 10:43:25 PM »
:hyper

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I really need to get back to this fucking game! It will be rough going at first, I would imagine...
[close]

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2010, 12:42:50 AM »
I hope they make that broken archstone a DLC area before a sequel comes. I left a message in front of it that said "Someday..." that got a bunch of recommendations :lol
BiSH

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2010, 06:24:08 AM »
A sequel? So soon?
I just hope they won't change the difficulty. Maybe they'll implement a difficulty option this time around for the loser gamers.
That wouldn't make sense, though, considering it's an online game.

I'd love a sequel. But I still want enter that broken archstone in the Nexus.  :'(

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2010, 08:03:49 AM »
knowing FROM, that is the sequel.  :lol

Kestastrophe

« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2010, 10:04:47 PM »
Wow, the Royal is much easier. His soul arrow instakills most enemies and he takes more damage.

I made it to the dragons at boletaria, but I don't know what I am supposed to do. The dragon peppers the one bridge with fire, and he attacks when I get too close taking him on directly. My ranged attack doesn't do anything to it.
jon

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2010, 10:12:15 PM »
just run away.

Bebpo

« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2010, 10:13:49 PM »
It's actually easier than you think

...run   =P

You'll outrun the dragon fire on the bridge.  If he's already hanging out on the bridge run back to where he was resting and he'll return.  You can also use this method to grab some of those items on the hill while the dragon is away firing the bridge if you get the timing right.  Beware though because the sleeping dragon can 1 hit KO you on the hill with his tail.

Kestastrophe

« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
I haven't died yet, but I really have no idea of what my objective is. I assumed that it is to defeat the dragon  ???

Because I didn't know where to go or what to do (I did manage to steal an artifact that lets me teleport to Nexus), so I just when back to Nexus, which leads me to my next question: How do I "level" up? I accumulated 2000 souls, so I bought a heater shield, which I can't even use. I am guessing that I can use these souls to increase stats, but how do I do it?
jon

Bebpo

« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »
your souls are your money and your xp.  After you beat the stage, back at the nexus you talk to blind girl to level up.

Your goal is to get to the end of the level and beat the boss :P  Just keep moving on

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/intro

not sure if you've read the thread or not Kes.  :-*

Himu

« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
I popped in Demon's Souls while taking a break from work. I've had it for months but hadn't played any of it yet. Of the 2 hours of it I played tonight, it all went by real fast. 

It's like a Mega Man version of an action rpg, almost. You take things nice and slow at first, but you keep dying, learning the level layout, and in turn makes going through the level that much faster. Spear guys I had slight trouble with before now go down in just a few concentrated hits. Knights that I troubled with before weep when they see me! A section of the level that took 15 minutes before to clear now takes only 5. It's pretty rewarding and the soul system is addicting. I also enjoy how the game is defense-based, unlike almost every action rpg ever.

I got to a point where I amassed almost 3000 souls, I encountered this knight with a spear. He one shot me (faldfkjas;fja;dfs;dfa :maf :maf :maf) and I ended up trying to get to my corpse to get my stuff. But he killed me AGAIN before I could get to it, so I LOST 3000 souls. ;dsja;f Aside from that guy though, I haven't really had much trouble with the difficulty. It's pretty straight forward, it just laughs at you when you make mistakes (like that one above!)

One thing, though. I'm utterly confused about the game's structure. The level I'm in doesn't seem to stop ever, and there are no save points within them. Do you have to beat the levels in one go or something? Because once I lost my 3000 souls I started getting paranoid. I had no way to get into the Nexus without using that one item that takes you there (at the expense of losing souls). Thinking about it, it feels like a rogue like in that you have to delve deeper and deeper and survive each encounter, and you get sent to a central hub when you die rather than getting a game over.

But this dungeon won't end and the game won't let me have a break. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or an awesome thing. Probably a bit of both?

How the hell am I supposed to play the game? Get a bunch of souls, warp out to the Nexus, save, and go back to the grind?

Despite that little confusion, the game owns.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:51:21 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2010, 01:06:47 AM »
The levels have an end  :lol Just keep on exploring and you'll find it eventually.  The first area (1-1) is one of the longest.  You only have to beat the first level in 1 go.  After that you can leave from your spawn point if you want.  You also get a WARP OUT spell which is pretty damn essential.

Himu

« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2010, 01:14:41 AM »
I want to tear that spear knight who killed me in one hit apart.

That mother FUCKER.

I also love how the levels are full of secrets, different paths and stuff. I found a ring that gives me an extra 25% of my life when in soul form!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:22:29 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Kestastrophe

« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2010, 06:35:45 AM »
I found a ring that gives me an extra 25% of my life when in soul form!
I found that too. Someone left a note behind that said "something valuable lies ahead"

Thanks for the help guys. I wasn't expecting the game to lack direction this much.
jon

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2010, 08:22:36 AM »
Yeah each level ends with a boss. It's practically an action game with stats. Keep an eye out as you advance through the levels though; there are usually shortcuts you can unlock. You'll be able to pull a switch somewhere that will open up a locked door or start an elevator or something, which are essentially the checkpoints. If you die the switches you pulled stay activated and you'll be able to use the shortcut to get back to where you were pretty quickly.

And yeah, play while online. The messages on the floor, blood stains, ghosts, phantoms (for co-op or PvP) add SO MUCH to the game and there's really nothing else like it.

Are you talking about the red-eyed knight on 1-1 Himuro? You're not really meant to fight him just yet.
BiSH

Kestastrophe

« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »
Sweet, I beat Phalanx. I noticed there was a message about a white soul event this weekend, so I checked the wiki page and apparently that means no dragons :rock. So I was able to progress and then I grabbed all of the loot by where the dragons typically are.
jon

Kestastrophe

« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »
I finally got to stat up and I put all of my points into magic and vitality. There was no noticable difference whatsoever to my soul arrow attack. What's the deal?

Also, how do I view what the stat requirements are for certain equipment?
jon

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »
Sweet, I beat Phalanx. I noticed there was a message about a white soul event this weekend, so I checked the wiki page and apparently that means no dragons :rock. So I was able to progress and then I grabbed all of the loot by where the dragons typically are.

actually it will be both white and black at specific times

Bebpo

« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »
I finally got to stat up and I put all of my points into magic and vitality. There was no noticable difference whatsoever to my soul arrow attack. What's the deal?

Also, how do I view what the stat requirements are for certain equipment?

Probably because you are in body form.  Your magic sucks in body form but you take less damage and have higher HP.  When you die you should notice your soul attack doing more damage.  I turned my royal into a soul firing mage and trust me, your MAG does make a difference in strength :P  But other things do as well like certain wands and rings.

Also if you are going to use a lot of magic, you need to put a bunch of points into the other magic category (don't remember what it's called) that ups your max MP and gives you more magic slots to equip more magic.

Himu

« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »

What? I still encounter dragons.

Okay, I beat the Phalanx boss. Was pretty easy with that uh...fire weapon item thing. After that, I hit up the knight area, took out those fuckers, fought giant rats and I encountered a walkway which is impossible to cross due to our dragon friend.

So it seems I'm finished with 1-1 unless I'm missing something.

I met the monk kid, unlocked four other worlds, leveled up with the black emo chick, upgraded my weapons/shield.

Fun fun fun fun!

I'm just confused on some things:

1. The inventory system is antiquated. I have no clue if the weapon I'm interested in is an upgrade or downgrade of what I currently got.

2. I learned Magic Memory and this other crap when I leveled up my Faith and Magic stats. I still have no magic and I really want that spell that instantly takes you to the Nexus upon use.

3. What's with the two items you get for when you talk the emo chick? They're two items: a white one and a blue one.

3. Now that I've unlocked four more worlds, is there a suggested one I should start with?

This game almost reminds me of the original Legend of Zelda in terms of discovery and hand holding. There is no hand holding, and the sense of discovery is sooo high. When I played Zelda when I was a kid, other kids traded secrets in order to see where to go next or how to do something. In Demon's Souls, you have notes written on the ground from fellow Demon's Souls players.

This game owns and I want to beat FF12 asap so I can dedicate the bulk of my game playing time to it.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »

3. Now that I've unlocked four more worlds, is there a suggested one I should start with?

do either the second castle level or the first mines level. If you're feeling saucy, you can go get the crescent scimitar (awesome weapon, and restores MP) in the storm lord level, but make sure to bring some arrows...and expect some deaths. I'd avoid the tower of latria for a bit.

anywhere is doable though.

Bebpo

« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »

What? I still encounter dragons.

Okay, I beat the Phalanx boss. Was pretty easy with that uh...fire weapon item thing. After that, I hit up the knight area, took out those fuckers, fought giant rats and I encountered a walkway which is impossible to cross due to our dragon friend.

So it seems I'm finished with 1-1 unless I'm missing something.

I met the monk kid, unlocked four other worlds, leveled up with the black emo chick, upgraded my weapons/shield.

Fun fun fun fun!

I'm just confused on some things:

1. The inventory system is antiquated. I have no clue if the weapon I'm interested in is an upgrade or downgrade of what I currently got.

2. I learned Magic Memory and this other crap when I leveled up my Faith and Magic stats. I still have no magic and I really want that spell that instantly takes you to the Nexus upon use.

3. What's with the two items you get for when you talk the emo chick? They're two items: a white one and a blue one.

This game almost reminds me of the original Legend of Zelda in terms of discovery and hand holding. There is no hand holding, and the sense of discovery is sooo high. When I played Zelda when I was a kid, other kids traded secrets in order to see where to go next or how to do something. In Demon's Souls, you have notes written on the ground from fellow Demon's Souls players.

This game owns and I want to beat FF12 asap so I can dedicate the bulk of my game playing time to it.

1.  Uh, I clearly remember equipment showing if it was an upgrade/downgrade in stats.  No idea what you are talking about!
2.  You buy magic and priest magic from dudes in the nexus.  Look around.  You also have to find high end magic and holy teachers in the levels to get access to their spells.
NOTE DO NOT USE BOSS SOULS.  THEY ARE TRADE FOR MAGIC OR WEAPON UPGRADING BLACKSMITH (2-2).  ALSO THERE ARE SEVERAL SPELLS YOU CAN LEARN FOR EACH BOSS SOUL.  BE CAREFUL IN CHOOSING
Evacuate (warp out) is a priest magic spell.  You also need a talisman to use priest magic spells and a wand to use normal magic spells.
3. Any order but 4-1/5-1 are HARD.  4-1 is probably the hardest in terms of combat where you want better stats (it's also the best place to farm souls early on), 5-1 is just a hard stage.  3-1 can be a bitch depending on your character make or it can be easy.  2-1 is generally easy for everyone.

Himu

« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »
Whoops. I used two boss souls already!

Realized that my problem with 2-1 wasn't my weapons or levels or anything but the fact I was slashing rather than PIERCING the miners. Slashing takes forever, piercing takes 2-3 hits.

2-1 is easy as shit.

I got through rough (I think) 90% of the stage without dying and I was in alive form. I didn't once until I got to a tower and got butt raped by some fire lizards. I wasn't careful enough those guys. Anyways, now I've gotten rid of that lava path with a flow of water and I have a feeling that the next fog, which I've seen a glimpse of behind a top hat fire mag guy, is where this stage's boss is. Got me over 4k souls from today's journey, enabling me to upgrade my Short Sword to Quality Short Sword and my Dagger to Quality Dagger. Nice.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
i died in the tutorial
then died on the first level
then died again

so i can either fight the blue knight
or the red one

and die
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:24:25 PM by fistfulofmetal »
nat

Bebpo

« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
Don't fight the red one yet.  The blue one isn't too bad.  Just keep trying until you get it down.

Seriously play as Royal.  You get a fireball and you can fireball the blue knights to death before they reach you.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:29:30 PM by Bebpo »

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
I've been wanting to try this game for awhile but the things that people complain about are things that really irk me.  I'm just not a big fan of old school memorizing a level until you remember all the details.  Stuff like that drove me nuts in the 2D era. 

Bebpo

« Reply #289 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
it's not that bad.  I beat about half the stages on my first try.  No trial & error.  Just start with royal class, it's almost like cheating because you have a strong ranged weapon with homing and the enemies all have short range physical weapons and have to run up to you first.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »
I'll give it a try eventually.  The setting seems really nice and I've always liked the big castle level structure.  It's almost like a 3D Castlevania except that it doesn't suck. 

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2010, 05:39:09 AM »
i'm playing as a priest.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2010, 12:27:30 AM »
ok so I advanced some more. i beat the blue knight and the few other blue knights that followed him. i saved the glowing gold knight and I made it all the way to the dragon on the bridge and the two dragons on the hill.
got enough souls to buy a sick long sword and a metal helmet and went back to the nexus

should i just be grinding this level until i can get enough stuff to beat the red knight? i know i need a bow and arrow to beat the dragons so I can also work for a crossbow.
nat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »
You don't need to kill the red knight until much, much later for an optional boss that lies ahead of him. You need to be very high level to beat him so don't worry about it for now. Just progress to 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, etc.

BiSH

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »
I BEAT THE PHALANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nat

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
Just bought this, building up mental energy to marathon the fuck out.

:punch From Software :punch
:9

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
i started playing with 6k souls. 40 minutes later i'm back at the nexus with 0 souls and no more progress than i did when i started.
i might have well not played at all

:gloomy
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:47:07 PM by fistfulofmetal »
nat

Bebpo

« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2010, 07:59:34 PM »
you died trying to get your souls back?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »
i took a look at the next archstone and didn't get very far. so i want and played the second level at boletaria where i have to run by the fucking dragon. i got all the way to the end and got killed by the second knight. went back to collect my souls and got killed by the first one. dude has a sliver of life and got a hit in. lost all my souls. so i quit out. all that time for nothing.

i probably should have played as knight or something. dunno why i picked priest.
nat

Bebpo

« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2010, 09:29:27 PM »
royal

Royal can SHOOT PEOPLE WITH MAGIC HOMING BULLETS
&
Royal can use 1 handed swords that base their attack on his/her MAGIC STAT meaning you can be a swashbuckling knight just as strong as a normal knight
&
Royal can use MAGIC LOTS O' LOTS O' MAGIC

Royal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other class.  Save other classes for your 2nd play.  You still have a lot of room as a Royal to play anyway you want.  Range, Sword, Magic.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:31:11 PM by Bebpo »