Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 435266 times)

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Grabbed Sim City for 99 cents.
CBG

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
I am buying a motherfucking iPad on the next hardware refresh and want to get some of this shit. Is there any way to buy these games w/o owning an actual iPad

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I am buying a motherfucking iPad on the next hardware refresh and want to get some of this shit. Is there any way to buy these games w/o owning an actual iPad

i'm pretty sure you can from your pc
sup

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Secret of Mana is $10? Ouch, not touching that.

In a week when EA is selling hot shit for 99c a piece, Square Enix expects to sell a bullshit port of a 15 year old game for $10!?
:rofl

Yep, Secret of Mana is out, and I am not touching it.

Is it a confirmed POS port?
Unzip

Sho Nuff

Is it a straight emulated SNES port?

Or is it a TOSE remake I wonder

Sho Nuff

Chaos Rings is six bucks now.

Sho Nuff

Patel (or someone I trust) told me that the Spiderman game on iPhone was pretty good. It's a whopping 99 cents now. Grab that shit yo

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
So, I was laying in bed playing Cut the Rope on the iPad last night waiting for my wife and daughter to brush their teeth etc (yes we all sleep together. no there is no wincest. get the fuck out of here). Daughter catches ONE GLIMPSE of that cute little froggy thing in CtR and that's it, the night is GONE. I thought we'd need surgery to remove it from her. Even after we turned off the light she continued to regale with tales of how the little froggy had on occasion successfully eaten the candy, and on other occasions, had failed to eat the candy.

two conclusions:
1) We got us a gamer!
2) buy Cut the Rope! Even on the off chance YOU won't love it, someone around you WILL.
vjj

Sho Nuff

:bow Cut the Rope :bow2

If you don't feed Om Nom you are a bad person

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
It's a VERY well balanced game. I bet they made up thousands of these puzzles before settling on the ones they gave us.
vjj

Sho Nuff

Ultimate MK3 is now 99 cents. Probably worth that much. If I had paid the full eight bucks or whatever I would be pissed!

On an unrelated note I just downloaded the new UDK that has full iPhone support. It is pants shittingly powerful and y'all are going to see some amazing stuff once people get a handle on redoing their assets on iPhone (it isn't that hard, mostly shader and VIS work).

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
EA just added a huge update to NFS Hot Pursuit, with a whole new racer career mode, 15 cars, etc.  It is still on sale for 99 cents, and they also dropped prices on the rest of their games which weren't on sale previously.
sup

Sho Nuff

Hot Pursuit is pretty good and the brand-new mode is icing. There could have been a little more tilt when you use the 3rd person camera but it's a damn fine game.

My PSP is so sad these days. If only Persona 3 Portable would work on hardware with CFW installed :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
My PSP is so sad these days. If only Persona 3 Portable would work on hardware with CFW installed :(

It does.  You probably need to update your firmware.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Hot Pursuit is pretty good and the brand-new mode is icing. There could have been a little more tilt when you use the 3rd person camera but it's a damn fine game.

Yeah, this is a really tight game. The interface and pacing reminds me of Burnout 3. It's /not/ as good as B3, but it's a helluva game and an automatic purchase for 99˘.

I also grabbed Mirror's Edge, because I think /you/ said it is übersexy.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Got those two as well. Both worth 5x the price at least.
vjj

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Um, I know it's steep, but seriously folks:  Real Racing 2.  It's fucking phenomenal.
püp

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Got those two as well. Both worth 5x the price at least.

All of the NFS games have been good on iOS. I play Shift more than Hot Pursuit.
CBG

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Bought Spider-Man Total Mayhem HD for .99 based on MAF's recommendation, and it's pretty good!
sup

Sho Nuff

I feel like such a whore buying Gameloft games considering how creatively bankrupt they are, buy damned if a lot of their stuff isn't legitimately GOOD

ManaByte

Dead Space is great. Looks real good too.
CBG

BobFromPikeCreek

omg omg omg 100 Rogues is my hot sex. omg

Any other good rogue likes for this motherfucker?
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

Ah man. It's really short. Killed Satan the same day I got it. Bummer.
zzzzz

ManaByte

Gameloft rips off every third party franchise (and Halo) known to man, but they copy Zelda and Ntards are screaming for blood.
CBG

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
What?  I haven't heard any ninthing bitch about it, whereas now that they have a starcraft ripoff, PC gamers are flipping a shit.
püp

ManaByte

Kotaku did a video "review" of it bitching the whole time how much it ripped off Zelda.
CBG

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
wtf did you expect, its shitaku
püp

Bebpo

I got this adventure game called Hector:Badge of Carnage for my phone because I saw it was in adventuregamers.com nominees for best indie adventure of 2010.  The graphics are nice but jeez, why are indie games so dirty these days.  Full of used condoms and toilet jokes and swearing and exaggerated violence.  I think I'm getting old as the Beavis and Butthead stuff of this younger generation just seems too juvenile and extreme and offends me  :(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:43:20 AM by Bebpo »

cool breeze

What?  I haven't heard any ninthing bitch about it, whereas now that they have a starcraft ripoff, PC gamers are flipping a shit.

yeah, other than a passing joke, I didn't see anyone mention the Zelda one.  The thread on gaf is about the starcraft one.

Personally, I'm going to be buying the Zelda rip whenever I get an iphone.  At this point I'm close to the other side so I'll wait until June or whenever they announced the iPhone 4G or 5 or whatever.  I really need to install itunes and start getting in on all these free or cheap sales so I'll be ready.

Sho Nuff

Wow Real Racing 2 is awesome. Definitely worth five bucks.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Wow Real Racing 2 is awesome. Definitely worth five bucks.

YES.  Absolutely.  One of the most enjoyable iOS games.
püp

Sho Nuff

Dude. There's fucking cockpits. And car damage. Bumpers falling off and shit. The graphics are insane and that's just on my 3GS.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Oh man, it runs so well on the iPhone 4.  It's honestly one of the best racing games I've ever played.
püp

Sho Nuff

Shadow Guardian, Gameloft's Uncharted ripoff, is a buck today

Sho Nuff

Huge number of Gameloft sales today, all the Capcom stuff is 99 cents too including Phoenix Wright (if you've somehow avoided playing that)

Bebpo

Scarlett and the Spring of Life is free for the rest of the day (3 more hours?)

It's supposed to be a solid P&C episodic adventure game and hell, it's free.  What are you waiting for?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
World of Goo is $1 for today only
« Reply #336 on: February 10, 2011, 09:14:23 AM »
World of Goo is $1 for today only, no-brainer there
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Dungeon Defenders is a buck, too
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Is Resident Evil 4: Platinum any good? I'm wary of anything with a D-pad representation onscreen...

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i tried the demo or "lite" iphone version way back when and i hated the controls, they are everything you hate about resident evil controls only laid over a touch screen
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Paaaaaaaasssss. Thanks for the wave-off.

BobFromPikeCreek

Is Zombie Infection, Gameloft's RE rip-off, any good?
zzzzz

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
it's all right, better than the official RE game for sure, certainly worth a buck
sup

ManaByte

Grabbed most of the Capcom games for 99cents. SF4 is actually damn good.
CBG

Sho Nuff

NOVA 2 is a buck. Go!

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
touch/iphone version only :(
sup

Sho Nuff

Wow this game is actually pretty sick looking. Plays great too

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Since my contract was ending next month, I went out and bought a new iPhone 4 and I'm back into iPhone gaming again.  How long this will last, god only knows but I will say that gaming on the iPhone 4 is a hell of a lot better than it was on my old iPhone.  Everything plays smoother and generally looks better.  I'm pretty much buying anything that's been built for the retina display but it's kind of disappointing that two of my old iPhone standbys - Plants Vs Zombies and Fieldrunners are still in low res.  Those two need an update ASAP.

As far as the "new" stuff goes, Infinity Blade is interesting in that "wow look how good a game on my phone can look" sort of way but it bored me to tears.  I beat the god king on my 4th bloodline and I really don't have any desire to open the game up again other than to show off the phone to others.  Real Racing 2 out Gran Turismo's Gran Turismo.  Again I find it kind of boring but it's not a chore to play like Gran Turismo on the PSP is.  I also bought just about all of the EA and Capcom games that were on sale over the weekend but none of them are really worth talking about.

Someone just give me a high res version of Plants Vs Zombies.  I need it.
Tacos

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
CUT THE ROPE

do it
püp

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
CARCASSONE
itm

Sho Nuff

Play carcassone with me you buttholes

pilonv1

Aren't you the one who started a game and left us hanging  :wag
itm

Sho Nuff

Aren't you the one who started a game and left us hanging  :wag

I wanted to make sure u really wanted it

maxy

• Sales Loser
Games included as "innovative billing service" debuted in News Corp's The Daily spreads its wings

A whole host of App Store content – crucially, including games – can now offer users a subscription service as part of Apple's billing service.

The payment option was first debuted as part of News Corp's digital newspaper The Daily. It will use the same infrastructure currently used for in-game purchases with subscriptions available in weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, bi-yearly or annual increments.

Personal subscriptions can be managed and cancelled from a user's Apple account page.

And interestingly, Apple has highlighted its generous revenue options for developers as part of this new service. Partners will be free to sell subscriptions via their own portals, and will keep all of the money raised from these independent sales.

The only stipulation is that any subscriptions offers made outside of the App Store environment must also be made available to customers via Apple's portal.

“Our philosophy is simple—when Apple brings a new subscriber to the app, Apple earns a 30 per cent share; when the publisher brings an existing or new subscriber to the app, the publisher keeps 100 per cent and Apple earns nothing,” Apple’s CEO Steve Jobs stated.

“All we require is that, if a publisher is making a subscription offer outside of the app, the same (or better) offer be made inside the app, so that customers can easily subscribe with one-click right in the app.

"We believe that this innovative subscription service will provide publishers with a brand new opportunity to expand digital access to their content onto the iPad, iPod touch and iPhone, delighting both new and existing subscribers.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43054/Apple-introduces-Subscriptions-to-App-Store
cat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Play carcassone with me you buttholes

Check your push settings, or reset your phone, butthole.

pilonv1

100 Rogues? Must try this then
itm

maxy

• Sales Loser
Markus Persson, founder of Mojang, the Swedish developer behind indie phenomenon Minecraft, has exclusively revealed to Gamasutra that an official iOS version of the hit game is currently in the works for iPhone and iPad.

The port is being developed by Aron Neiminen, a new recruit to the Mojang team, and will be released later this year.

Persson said that the iOS edition will not receive every update that the original browser and download version gets, but rather will be granted those features that "make sense" for the touch-screen platform.

The game has received numerous unofficial Minecraft releases on iPhone and iPad, but this is the first official iOS release from the Mojang team.

Minecraft is currently in the beta stages, with a full release planned sometime this year. So far over 1.3 million copies of the game have been purchased, with nearly five million registered accounts on the official site.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33130/Official_Minecraft_iPhone_and_iPad_Release_Coming_Later_This_Year.php
cat

FatalT

What's everyone's Gamecenter and Openfeint ID's?

TylertheHood [GC] / FatalT [OF]

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Rebiak
brb

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Has any one tried Tiny Wings? so warm, sweet, colorful and gooey on the inside.

[youtube=560,345]x6pT_2E5xI0[/youtube]
Unzip