Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 436323 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
If you eat more corn chips, the level of oil becomes consistent and less noticeable. Also, screen becomes MORE BYOOTIFUL because of diffraction.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
for those of you who are enjoying Ghost Trick, Touch Detective is also available on iOS

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touch-detective/id438842356?mt=8

My only issue with this series is how obtuse the puzzles are at some points.
fat

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Touch Detective is also pretty funny imo
o_0

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Just learned about this The Nightjar, a SF audiogame narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch. REALLY want to get it on my phone, but my account is tied to the US store. Are there any standard workarounds for situations like this?
乱学者

Bebpo

Got my iphone stylus and it's awesome.  No more fingerprints and it just feels more natural to move around through menus using a pen-like device rather than a clumsy finger.  Works great for Ghost Trick.

Ready for 999-2 on Vita now.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Dat repackaged content

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
All 3 games for ~$15 is pretty good.
fat

MrAngryFace

Yeah thats not a bad price if you like these games. I picked up Touch Detective cause its quirky fun- even if the solutions are sometimes nonsense.
o_0

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Bought the moment they are made available in the us store.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I bought Ghost Trick and I will buy PW because I want to send a strong message to Japanese developers, and that message is "it's 2012, make iOS games"
乱学者

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I bought Ghost Trick and I will buy PW because I want to send a strong message to Japanese developers, and that message is "it's 2012, make iOS games"

I hope you bought all of Square Enix's games, then.
fat

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

I hope you bought all of Square Enix's games, then.

Only Chaos Rings and FFIII - I don't support lazy rom ports.
乱学者

FatalT

Chaos Rings is phenomenal. I want Omega to go on sale sometime soon!

Bebpo

Did you buy a Scar of a Doll?

It's only 99cents.

It's also not a game like GT/PW and a horror visual novel instead.  I'm an hour or two in it and it's not bad for being 99cents. 

Stoney Mason

Ticket to Ride Pocket (non-ipad version) is free today.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ticket-to-ride-pocket/id471857988?mt=8

Sho Nuff

EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THAT FUCKING GAME, IT'S AWESOME AND HAS ASYNC

Stoney Mason

Eufloria and Pinball Arcade come out tonight.

Stoney Mason

EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THAT FUCKING GAME, IT'S AWESOME AND HAS ASYNC

Both versions are amazing. Ticket to Ride on ios is just fucking great. I try to pimp that game every time I can.

Link for the new page. Pocket version free today.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ticket-to-ride-pocket/id471857988?mt=8

Sho Nuff

I must be fuckin tarded because I can't figure out how to start an async game in TTR. If anyone else wants to play with me, plz to send an invite to Game Center person McWild.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, PINBALL GET INSIDE MY BOYPUSSY NOW What time does that shit launch? Bear in mind that I was there ON FUCKING LAUNCH DAY for Pinball Hall of Fame 360, I tried to talk them into doing a midnight launch but no such luck :(

MrAngryFace

WHERE IS MY NEW ZEN TABLE!! I HATE COMING SOON IT TAUNTS ME
o_0

Bebpo

I'm gonna double dip on pinball since iOS launches 2 months early.

Still not sure where I will get it for realz.  Probably steam, but maybe PSN.

These games are going to have the same "challenges" system as Williams HoF, right?  Because beyond being near-perfect representations, that was what made the game the best pinball game ever.  Giving you all these challenges that make you learn the tables inside out.  I want that for every pinball table ever made!

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
I must be fuckin tarded because I can't figure out how to start an async game in TTR. If anyone else wants to play with me, plz to send an invite to Game Center person McWild.

:lol I'm the same, it's like an IQ test to prove you're intelligent enough to play it. Someone invite me too (carlosthedwarf)
itm

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
TTR  is fucking addictive as balls
püp

Stoney Mason

My GameCenter name is StoneyMason99. I'm always down for Ticket to Ride, ipad or async pocket version.

Sho Nuff

THIS GAME IS SO GOOD IT'S distinguished mentally-challenged (running on Retinapad)

The async is so, so good. I am very curious as to why the F it's a different codebase from the actual iPad app though.

HOW TO START ASYNC GAME: Start a new Multi game. Then at the Game Center screen hit the "+" icon at the upper right. Add your friends and start.

Anybody who wants to add me to a game, PLEASE DO

MrAngryFace

sux if you hate playing with people BOOM
o_0

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Sho, time to pony up for the iPad version and skip retinapad.  iPad version has more maps and it just feels better.  Best board game out there for the thing.
Tacos

pilonv1

I know I'm going to end up getting the iPad one. Third time I've bought this game. I loved it on Xbox Live but no one ever played it :(

itm

Sho Nuff

Sho, time to pony up for the iPad version and skip retinapad.  iPad version has more maps and it just feels better.  Best board game out there for the thing.

I already own the iPad version. But the iPad version DOESN'T have async multiplayer, it's a totally different codebase which makes no fucking sense. If you want to play multiplayer, Pocket is the only game in town. (Yes it's distinguished mentally-challenged, it should be universal like Carcassone)

pilonv1

I don't see any chat option, that sucks.

Also I've completely forgotten how to play
itm

Sho Nuff

Shit, I didn't even know this was OUT on XBLA

pilonv1

Only 3.5 years ago.

Carcassonne has spoiled me, it's so feature rich that it makes TTR difficult to play.
itm

Sho Nuff

Carcassone is absolutely the gold standard for turn-based games and I have no regret dropping $10 on it.

Stoney Mason

I respect Carcassone but I 'm not good at it.

I prefer the simple strategy of Ticket to Ride.

pilonv1

Just got booted out of a game because it couldn't connect to Game Centre :(
itm

Stoney Mason

I got raped in TTR  :'(

Everything is up. I wish the pinball game used Gamecenter instead of Facebook. I don't have a Facebook account.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:22:59 PM by Stoney Mason »

pilonv1

FACEBOOK?

Three Pack of Tables $9.49

:lol gg pinball arcade

itm

Sho Nuff

FACEBOOK?

Three Pack of Tables $9.49

:lol gg pinball arcade

FACEBOOK? (spit take)

Downloading now through my tethered phone

Sho Nuff

Buttery smooth 60fps and FSAA on the iPad 2 for Pinball Arcade. Facebook is a big wtf and apparently their servers aren't bearing the load at the moment.

Stoney Mason

It plays really well imo. I'll double dip on the xbla version.

Bebpo

Ok, bought the table set couple of things:

-STANDARD AND WIZARD GOALS FOR EVERY TABLE. OMG.  I WILL BE EXCITED FOREVER WITH THIS GAME.  Also great instructions explaining the tables like HoF.
-Great physics, great versions of the tables
-Near unplayable on an iphone 4.  Screen is way too small for any of the 3 viewpoints and the framerate sucks.  When you buy an app on the apple store you get it for all the apple products you own, right?  If so I'll get my money's worth out of this version when I get an ipad 3.

Anyhow it did what was important, let me know that the game is perfect and exactly what I wanted and I will double dip PSN or steam (probably PSN) and buy every table on there each month.

Bebpo

I only played Ripley's but I notice the framerate isn't 60 (or even 30 sometimes) because of the movement of the ball.  It's just not smooth and changes speed which messes me up.  Especially notable on multi-ball.

Bebpo

Hmm, trying Tales of Arabian Nights and it's smooth 60fps with occasional major framerate stutters when crazy effects go on.

Bebpo

Yeah, Arabian Nights is pretty much 60fps.  But then I went back to Ripleys and it's got to be like 20-25fps >_< 

Ok, Black Hole and Theater of Magic are 60fps too.  Ripley's is the only problem table on iphone 4.  Seems the most complex table visually as well.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:53:43 AM by Bebpo »

Sho Nuff

So far so good. The ball is really shiny so it's hard to see on a lot of the tables.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Theater of Magic?! b-b-b-bought
乱学者

Stoney Mason

Yeah its the tables that are the real star of the package. I enjoy Zen Pinball but it doesnt't really necessarily feel like real world pinball tables.

The Ask ones on ios are pretty good also. I actually think the physics are slightly better than pinball arcade but the quality in tables varies quite a bit.

Pinball arcade is the most complete package. The physics are good. It feels mostly right. And it has great tables. Something really immersive about playing a recreation of a real table versus an imaginery one. The sounds and fun factor are just increased a great deal.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:32:35 PM by Stoney Mason »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
the text promises eventual CIRQUS VOLTAIRE - many hours at the Pinball Museum in Las Vegas, NV have convinced me that is the secret best pinball game of all time
乱学者

Sho Nuff

the text promises eventual CIRQUS VOLTAIRE - many hours at the Pinball Museum in Las Vegas, NV have convinced me that is the secret best pinball game of all time

YES THIS IS TRUTH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

:bow Authentic Neon Energy :bow2
乱学者

Himu

Took me a while to get used to the touch controls. :bow Black Hole
IYKYK

Bebpo

I think Black Hole is the easiest to play on the small iphone screen because it's a simple table without a lot of clutter.  The inner table gimmick is pretty rad.  But man, the gap between the flippers is WIDE in that one (like a lot of quarter stealing 80s machines).  So much luck involved in the table.

Himu

???

Theatre Magic is way easier. I got 53 million on my first try.
IYKYK

Bebpo

I said easiest to play on the iphone, not easiest.

And theater of magic's point economy is inflated as hell.  You get like 10 million points just for pulling the launch spring.

pilonv1

I really enjoy this Pinball game but Facebook leaderboards is beyond stupid. I can't see myself putting time in until Game Center support comes in April
itm

Himu

the facebook leaderboards don't even work
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

The just announced on Facebook that they are working on fixing the leader boards, but it will likely require an app update. More importantly, they announced that they will be adding Game Center for leader board "no later than early April". Yeah! Well, maybe not yeah for April, but yeah for at all.

Sho Nuff

I'm happier to have it now than later

PINBALL BREAK

Bebpo

Did they say anything about fixing the framerate on Ripley's?