Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 436258 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
They're functional, at best. Which is fine for mobile gaming- anything competitive would be rough
o_0

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm waiting for FF Dimensions to be released... hurry upppppppppppppppppp
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Plague, Inc - Almost gave up on this one, took me around a dozen tries before it finally clicked and I beat Bacteria on Normal. Looking around the internet it seems everyone has a different "sure-fire" strategy for winning with all the various plagues, but the one consistent piece of advice is to try and avoid notice by focusing on transmission and keeping symptoms low in the first part of the game. Also this game makes me feel bad for winning :lol

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land - there's a neat game here somewhere, but it's buried beneath some poor UI and control choices. Everything's clunky and needlessly frustrating. For instance, when you fire at a target, after the attack the camera recenters on your guy, so if you want to fire again at the same target you have to swipe back to it, which is annoying when your target is several screens away. The AI is really stupid, too, walking right through poison gas clouds and hurting themselves to get to you. So far I've seen three enemies drop dead this way. I like the setting, and the story is kind of campy and fun so far, but unless you have a lot of patience for shitty controls stay away until (if) they fix it.
sup

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
I haven't really bought an iphone game in a while, just thought about it.

Last game I played was THPS2. Shitty port but at least made better by the fact that you can put the original (kickass) soundtrack back in via some minor hackery.
うぐう

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
This week, buy Squids Wild West. In fact go buy Squids right now.
fat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Plague, Inc - Almost gave up on this one, took me around a dozen tries before it finally clicked and I beat Bacteria on Normal. Looking around the internet it seems everyone has a different "sure-fire" strategy for winning with all the various plagues, but the one consistent piece of advice is to try and avoid notice by focusing on transmission and keeping symptoms low in the first part of the game. Also this game makes me feel bad for winning :lol

I still haven't beat bacteria. :fbm

I haven't had a chance to play it in awhile though.
©ZH

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Try to get Greenland infected as quickly as possible, once they close their borders it gets a lot tougher as they only have a port for access. They're usually some of the last people to die off in any game I've played. Also watch Madagascar.
sup

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
itm

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Infinity Blade just dropped to $.99
sup

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
i just bought my first 3 seater in Pocket Planes. :cool

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-\
[close]
©ZH

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Call of Cthulhu the Wasted Lands is free. I hear this is good.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
lol. Eel just paid $5 for that recently too. : x
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Yeah :(

Clunky controls and UI, it's okay otherwise

Free is better than $5
sup

MrAngryFace

wow @ new spiderman game from gameloft- open world n shit. Running it on an ipad3, not sure how well it runs on other iOS platforms
o_0

MrAngryFace

Looks like you can adjust the level of detail/sfx in the options- did you try that?
o_0

Brehvolution

I'm already done with Pocket Planes.  It seems so well-designed at first but man it falls apart in a hurry.  The main growth you have as you level up is the ability to add more airports, but adding more airports is actually a bad strategy for success.  Makes the whole thing feel meaningless too fast.

My son bought an airport in Oulo, Finland. I started in Vegas. The people that want to go there will be waiting for years and they are starting to clog up the terminals.
©ZH

Sho Nuff

The Telltale Jurassic Park game is free today

MrAngryFace

its pretty horribad iirc though :(
o_0

Stoney Mason

Cthulhu Saves The World out on ios

http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/cthulu-saves-the-world/id496090447?mt=8

Surprised I'm enjoying this. I bought it just for the fuck of it but honestly I don't tend to like a lot of these indie darling games. It has a nice premise and it's easy. That's mostly what I need to drag me through a jrpg style game these days.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
If you like Cthuhlu buy Guardian Saga and Dragon Fantasy.
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Hmmm fuck seems like I'm gonna have to buy that.

Cthuhlu that is, sorry demi you have like the worst taste ever.
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That's fine.
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Just fucking with you, nintards and shit exist I'll look into those games too.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
all ea games are $.99 for the fourth of july! got dead space, mk ultimate, and nba jam so far

hows the simpsons beat-em-up?

edit: warner bros also has batman for $.99 same with capcom and mega man x, street fighter, and monster hunter
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:59:28 PM by Positive Touch »
pcp

Sho Nuff

Batman is pretty balls

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
glad i skipped it then

Batman is pretty balls

it really is.  its like infinity blade if they took out the combos and just had you slide your finger back and forth
pcp

Stoney Mason

Outwitters came out. Free to play turn based asynch strategy game.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outwitters/id432969074?mt=8

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Bought Squids and Squids Wild West on demi's rec. Very impressed so far. These games could be full retail handheld or XBLA/PSN/Wiishop games (you can get the first one on PC for $7 here - http://sites.fastspring.com/thegamebakers/product/squidspc ).

sup

Stoney Mason

I'll give it a buy then.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
:bow squids

Glad you enjoy them
fat

Stoney Mason

Outwitters came out. Free to play turn based asynch strategy game.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outwitters/id432969074?mt=8

I really like this. I think it's better than Hero Academy. It's both simpler in a way but more strategic because the maps are bigger. The small maps of Hero Academy always annoyed me. Also I like how the teams in Outwitters are all the same except just one member of the team. Makes it more balanced.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Spectral Souls is FREE w/ $11 IAP unlock - you cna play the first few battles for free

This is the same game that is on Android

Also it's Spectral Souls, so I will preface this to buy FFT instead

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spectral-souls/id507382406
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
SNK released a port of Metal Slug 3!  Has good reviews!   :o
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Well, I meant reviews elsewhere, but I do see some iTunes reviews from people who seem familiar enough with the Neo-Geo version to talk about the emulation quality, sure.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
If they're going into detail about emulation quality, I think I can trust them.  :p

Regardless, I just want to know if it's a pile of shit port or decent.  Even iTunes user reviews are good enough for that.

well I guess we already have that in the MS Anthology for PSP, but this is portable Metal Slug 3 that you can play while pretending to look like someone cool who is playing Angry Birds or something socially acceptable like that.

Don't bring a PSP everywhere with me.  A decent MS game on iPhone is something I'd probably fuck around with on the train.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:28:30 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

MrAngryFace

Yeah I dont trust iOS review scores- who knows how many chinese employees they forced to rate it highly? I go by word of mouth and LUCK
o_0

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Kings Bounty for tablets is coming soon

http://pockettactics.com/2012/07/18/nival-bringing-kings-bounty-to-ipad-and-android-tabs/

Sounds like a facebook port though
itm

MrAngryFace

Why couldnt they just port the GOOD bounty games
o_0

originalz

• Z!?
The only good review on the iTunes store is this one for Yahoo Fantasy Football:

You put an update out to fix crashing on the LAST DAY off the year. WOW you just keep making yourself look stupider & stupider. Yahoo you have ruined my FF experience 2 years in a row now. Thanks for another year of stupid' lazy' on useable updates that constantly made the app worse & worse with every update you attempted. I have NEVER seen such BAD business in my 45 years. I an glad the season is over so I don't EVER have to see or hear the horrible name that is yahoo. Should be yahow because you have no clue about apps or customer service as you have proved 21 weeks in a row.and that's just this year. Do yourself a favor and take yourself out of the fantasy football business and make 100.000 s of people. Next year I would rather not play FF than play thru you losers. You should be in the Guinness book of records for the worst app and worst costumer service on the face of this planet. At least google and the other computer companies have nothing to worry about with stupidity like you as computation around.I don't hate anything in life but now you have given me a resin to hate something ( you ) thanks yahow I fu-king hate you. If you look up stupidity in the dictionary there you are at the top of the page.it's companies like you that make this country look stupid. Your a disgrace to your flag. Get a life and a clue yahow. O yea Fu:k you

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Better than anything on IGN.
ど助平

That Mass Effect iOS game is 99 cents... worth it?
野球

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
:lol yahow
sup

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Mistwalker's surfing game is apparently out. looks bad
dur

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

NO
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

I think it might be OK for a buck.  Pretty mindless and takes up over 1GB though.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Dead Space and Mass Effect are decent, nice quality but they are very mindless shooters.
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Aralon: Sword and Shadow HD just dropped to $3
sup

originalz

• Z!?
Why are they advertising Madden 11?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

is this game as awesome as it looks?
pcp

Started playing Mass Effect Infiltrator... I am so not used to controls on the pad.  :dizzy
野球

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual

is this game as awesome as it looks?

It's a pretty good Elder Scrolls style knockoff.  Controls are janky (of course). Not a great-looking game. Worth $3, dunno if I'd have paid more.
sup

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Wait for Ravensword 2
fat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Yeah, Ravensword is an older game, too barebones. Wait for the sequel. I had it on my iPod Touch a couple of years ago, and there's no dedicated iPad version. It's not a bad game, the world is just kind of empty - maybe worth a pickup at .99 cents.

For games like you're interested in, Aralon's about the best you're gonna get right now.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:42:10 AM by Dr. Feelbad »
sup

Square Enix's games never drop in price, do they?
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Only during the holidays really. Or the release of a new game. When FF Dimensions comes out, I wouldnt be surprised if the other games get a drop.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/xing-zangdoraguniru/id516534182?mt=8

Star Burial Dragnir from Square Enix

Hopefully this means it's coming soon to English...
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Square Enix's games never drop in price, do they?

No, they're the Studio Ghibli of game pricing.  :'(