Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 436354 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
iirc jeff suggests as much at the end of the quicklook
o_0

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
So, what's everyone's game of the year?

I think mine goes to Ski Safari or Kingdom Rush. While both aren't innovative the amount of content and polish is undeniable.

cool breeze

I don't know, I thought the big appeal of cook serve delicious was fumbling with the keyboard. If all the functions are replaced with touch buttons I'm not sure it'll be as fun.

It's inspired by Japanese PS1 game called Ore no Ryouri (if you were into PS1 demo discs back in the day, you might remember it) that was all about manipulating the analog sticks to do these small tasks around a restaurant.  ...I was going to type but am tired and, basically, I don't think anything will be lost by playing it on a touch screen.  The big appeal of ore no ryouri is how hectic it gets.  At first you're doing everything perfectly, and by the end you're a fucking mess trying to keep up.

PC demo was awesome.  I voted it up on greenlight a while back.  Would totally buy it on ipad if I had one.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
So, what's everyone's game of the year?

I think mine goes to Ski Safari or Kingdom Rush. While both aren't innovative the amount of content and polish is undeniable.

none, iOS is shit
fat

BobFromPikeCreek

I don't know, I thought the big appeal of cook serve delicious was fumbling with the keyboard. If all the functions are replaced with touch buttons I'm not sure it'll be as fun.

It's inspired by Japanese PS1 game called Ore no Ryouri (if you were into PS1 demo discs back in the day, you might remember it) that was all about manipulating the analog sticks to do these small tasks around a restaurant.  ...I was going to type but am tired and, basically, I don't think anything will be lost by playing it on a touch screen.  The big appeal of ore no ryouri is how hectic it gets.  At first you're doing everything perfectly, and by the end you're a fucking mess trying to keep up.

PC demo was awesome.  I voted it up on greenlight a while back.  Would totally buy it on ipad if I had one.

Yeah, I'm just saying a layer of the chaos will be lost. Navigating touch buttons will be a lot easier than punxhingnin very specific keyboard buttons.
zzzzz

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Yea, I was hoping theyd have bluetooth keyboard suport.

MAF, I meant XBLA vs iOS

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
The big appeal of ore no ryouri is how hectic it gets.  At first you're doing everything perfectly, and by the end you're a fucking mess trying to keep up.

yup - OnR: it's resource management waggle minigames before we had -real- waggle minigames. The use of the dual shock is pretty awesome as well.

O=X

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Played it some today. Seems fine to me early on. For me I always knew it was going to be a game I would play on my iPad instead of the computer.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
I tried that FF music game, totally unplayable for me with touch controls on a screen this size.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
not having any problems playing theatherthym on my 4. looks like square figured out how to block the get iap free though. doubt ill send any real money on this
dur

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Its too fast for me. Maybe it was the 3 beers.

Huff

The hard difficult is pretty hard. I failed both the free songs on that after S ranking the easier difficulties. Just going to take some practice. You know you can tap anywhere on the screen, not where the notes are
dur

ToxicAdam

Mega Man X is 99 cents

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
Do NOT buy that port though; it is hot garbage.
うぐう

ToxicAdam

Is it really? Controls suck?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Its Mega Man on a touch device. About as fun as the Sonic games. Zzzzzz
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Groove Coaster is swaggggggggggggggggg

Groove Coaster Zero is the one I am playing.
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I am enjoying Middle Manager of Justice. The setting is full of the expected whimsy and charm, the art is fun, and the UI is easy to navigate. It doesn't require IAP to progress, but I will say that the IAP of "coin doubler" is pretty sweet. I played for 4 hours or so before spending my 199˘.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Football Manager 2013 is crack, spent whole hungover sunday playing ans ended the season 4th, 7 points behind the number, lost last 4 games in a row :(

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
All shitty games. Enjoy
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
via Wario64:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/h...os/id356994313

FREE:
Monster Dash
Blast Off
Fruit Ninja
Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots
Age of Zombies
Age of Zombies Anniversary

Their jetpack game, also on that page, is always free and really fun.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
All the Halfbrick stuff is free for 24hrs
itm

ToxicAdam

I was disappointed by Middle Manager of Justice. The art is cool and the game is polished as hell, but the actual 'game' part of the equation is severely lacking. Basically felt like a slow moving treadmill that funnels you to to an end point.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
All shitty games. Enjoy

Real talk. Halfbrick makes really polished-looking games... That have almost no redeeming gameplay qualities whatsoever. Except for Jetpack Joyride, which was alright if not bog-standard for an endless running game.
うぐう

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That and they should be free period, since they're so reluctant to make every game full of IAP crap
fat

pilonv1

They're good games for non-gamers. Are you a non-gamer?
itm

Huff

The Official Bore™ iPhone/iPod Touch® Thread of Gamings Apps (eat it, PSP Go!)
« Reply #1707 on: December 17, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »
I was disappointed by Middle Manager of Justice. The art is cool and the game is polished as hell, but the actual 'game' part of the equation is severely lacking. Basically felt like a slow moving treadmill that funnels you to to an end point.

I just thought it was really boring. And I'm usually a fan of these types of games.
dur

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Hey you fuckers let's play some Ticket to Ride Pocket! I'm Mcwild, send an invite

pilonv1

Hey I remember playing that game when it came out. Just another board game Jonnyram kills me in :(

Did they ever fix the online?
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Football Manager is destroying my life. I play every second I have now.

The tension is unbelieveable, I was sure I was going to get fired deep into season 2, I was 13th!!! in the league but first in the euro cup. Now with just a few games to go Im starting to win everything. Man I hate love this game.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Walking Dead ep1 is free instead of $5

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Lots of crap dropped to $1, Telltale games, GameLoft games... etc.

Still no Square Enix sale :teehee
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
None, tbh. They're pretty by the numbers, but look great. Wild Blood looks ok. Modern Combat, NOVA... etc

Eternal Legacy is a pretty janky JRPG (that isn't J) not $1

Get Puzzle Agent and HECTOR from Telltale
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Puzzle Agent is cool beans, have it on my PC but will buy it again for 89 cents.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Which Telltale games are worth in on Iphone?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Hector, dummy. Though its technically not Telltale. Just published.
fat

Sho Nuff

Finished the last Hector episode last month, it was fuckin great and I actually really loved how it just didn't end

Just picked up Grandma Nuff an iPad because she should not be tethered to a fucking Windows XP Dell from 2001. Can anyone reco any decent old people games? (I got UNO all up in her shit)

Also she's 94 years old and sharp as a tack :punch

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Get her Fairway Solitaire, old chicks love Solitaire

http://giveaway.fairwaysolitaire.com/
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
My gf asks how to use the different irons.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Find them in the game (they randomly appear), or spend 500 fake golf bucks or more (for a whole set), or spend real money on lots of them

Click the bag in the bottom right if you have clubs / want to buy clubs
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
She has a few but doesnt know what to do with them

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
They replace the current card in play. Say you have a 3 4 5, and your current card (or last card) is an 8.

You can use a 6 iron, 2 iron, etc. And now you can keep playing, keep your combo going, etc.

The gold club can be used as a wild card, so it works on A K Q J
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:06:49 PM by demi »
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
She says thanks!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I say, flash that gash
fat

Sho Nuff

Downloading now, Gramma better like this

ToxicAdam

If she likes word games, she might like Word Derby. I play against GILFs all the time on there.

Stoney Mason

Played and beat that game the Room. It's not something most people on here would like as there isn't a lot of "game" in it but I liked it quite a bit. Short but I still liked it. Feels like Myst in tone or something but a lot more simple and tactile which I prefer.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:10:24 PM by Stoney Mason »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
FF4 $17 USD
Game Center Achievements
Universal

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/final-fantasy-iv/id575119311
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
ITS NOT UP YET HERE  :'(

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm curious what the achievements are, so post them when you buy it. The achieements almost make me want to buy this version... but uncertain how it runs on iPod and already owning the DS version satisfy me for now.
fat

Sho Nuff

I hate to say it but that game actually looks fucking awesome. Or is it jank?

ToxicAdam

Looks okay, but I don't want to play an Elder Scrolls type game on an Ipad.

cool breeze

I found this looking for information about a possible iOS/Android version of FTL

Not really the same thing, but it's still interesting as a starship-based kairosoft-esque game. 

Stoney Mason

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id512808632?mt=8

Arc Squadron. Free for a limited time. Fun game.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Runs like shit on Touch 4
fat

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Tried out Walking Dead on my new iPad 4 to compare it against my old iPad 2.  Holy crap.  The Walking Dead on the ipad 2 hitches up all the time and looks like shit but on the ipad 4 it runs like butta and looks just as good as the PC version.  I know it's pretty fucking obvious that it'd run better on the ipad 4 but this is really the first game I've noticed a substantial difference.

Tacos

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id512808632?mt=8

Arc Squadron. Free for a limited time. Fun game.

I bought this for a buck when it first came out. Plays great on my iPhone 4S. Love it.
野球

Sho Nuff

Nice font. Jesus

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That's what you get when you have to work with multiple resolutions, man. You get system fonts like that.
fat