Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 436105 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You buy it and tell us how it is. I'll pass on this mobage knockoff...

Buy FFDimensions instead
fat

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
I'll probably save my opinion for when Powerslave makes a thread about it a year from now.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
$55 bucks for a battle game full of recycled assests

i need to get in on android jailbreaking
pcp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
people try out time surfer?  it's a tiny wings clone but it ads rewinding and all these obstacles you have to avoid.  it's really pretty, but it doesn't seem to play as well as tiny wings
püp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Fuck all those clones of clones games
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Lol demi

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Is anyone else playing Zombiewood?

I like it a lot, but I'm getting spoiled by Battle Nations and Middle Manager of Justice and Happy Street letting me play wherever I want, iPhone or iPad, and just pick up where I left off. It seems like games with IAP would support this -- people would play more, and no-one is going to spend money on the same upgrade twice. These games are ALL fairly grindy, so it's weird if there's no iCloud/Gameloft server save option...

I wrote the developer and they confirmed that there's no feature for maintaining progress across iDevices. This, even though GameCenter supports cloud saves.

My playing time of this dropped to about 10% of what it was, when I realized my grind-earned and pay-bought items are not consistent.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
http://www.playdekgames.com/game_catalog.php

So the best maker of card game conversions has all of their stuff on sale for $1 a game

If you get Summoner Wars, the "complete" in app purchase is $1 instead of the typical $7 or whatever.
Tonya

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Thanks for the heads up eric.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Yeah, it's a shame it was wasted on that.
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
How can you control all of them? How does this game work?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You swipe furiously and pay premium money for more characters and maps.

Kind of like those shitty endless runners and crap games you guys like to play :)
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
 :lol dont change demi

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
FF:ATB is the worst "game" i've played in decades.
It's also a disgusting IAP driven shit fest - AFTER paying 2.89 GBP lol

if it was free and an disgusting IAP driven shit fest it would at least have just got slung in the pile with the rest, but having it be a freemium style game BUT carry what is a hefty price? Square Menace.
O=X

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
So its unplayable without iap?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
It's playable, you just will have to grind and wait more, since when your characters die, you have to wait real world time to regenerate.

And I'm finding it funny the outlash this game gives, when Square's output has been more quality than cashgrab, like, yknow, 96% of iOS developers.

Give me a break.
fat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Amazing art

Too bad about the gameplay and IAP ho ho ho ho

DCharlieJP

• Icon
It's playable, you just will have to grind and wait more, since when your characters die, you have to wait real world time to regenerate.

And I'm finding it funny the outlash this game gives, when Square's output has been more quality than cashgrab, like, yknow, 96% of iOS developers.

Give me a break.

Get the Fuck out - you put out a game that's nothing more than a purely designed IAP shit fest and you charge an iOS level relatively high price for it then you carry the fucking can.

Shit gets called, it's getting called regardless of their other efforts. SE don't get a pass on shit because of any past good work, that's utter bullshit as is BU BU BU EVERYONE ELSE. Shit is shit, this is shit.

They do get a 10/10 for the "Oh hey here are your 3 eggtimers - these are useful - here, let me force you to use 2 in the tutorial. Awww son, only got one left? S'alright - store is over there...." - quickly followed by "haha, you've had a few minutes - time for you to go sit the fuck down and wait"

So its unplayable without iap?

it's "playable" - but you are going to be sitting out within a handful of battles waiting 3 mins per character for them to regen after paying your cash for the game. I've actually used some cash to buy some stuff and see just how it all works out. I'm nearly done, as an experiment it's been interesting and -if- the game was FREE i don't think it would have caught as much shit. It would have still caught it for being a basic non-game devoid of any tactics and a host of other issues.

The other frustration is there really isn't that much effort required to at least add a tactical element and make it into something much more than it is. I've no issue with the basic premise of the game of recreating FF battle system themed casual game but how difficult would it have been to allow a team selection? Perhaps bonuses depending on who you pick? Jesus - just ANYTHING that resembled some sort of requirement for thought. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:43:44 PM by DCharlieJP »
O=X

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm not arguing that the game is shit and nothing but a jew cash grab, but why are people acting like it's the end of the world and Square is evil? lmao.

Enjoy "Temple Run 2" I guess?
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Temple run 2 is pretty fun.

And free.

Whats to hate. Ill play it for 30min maybe 90 min and be done with it. Good deal.

DCharlieJP

• Icon
I'm not arguing that the game is shit and nothing but a jew cash grab, but why are people acting like it's the end of the world and Square is evil? lmao.

Enjoy "Temple Run 2" I guess?

Whilst evil is wrong lets call it "brand delusion" or something like that -
O=X

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Wow TA totally ripped it apart. 1 star.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Anyone played 10000000?
___

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I did, its aight. Once you "win" theres no point to keep playing. The creator said he was making an update along with achievements, though.
fat

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Anyone played 10000000?

It's pretty good but you should play puzzles and dragons instead
dur

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Just saw came on steam so made me check again on it being on android. Just an post from the dev that it should be coming.
___

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Anyone played 10000000?

It's addictive for a few days, but you really see everything there in the game pretty early. Definitely worth a play though.
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Yeah... Sad.

Its only 52 here though, temple run 2 is on 3.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:09:42 PM by Premium Lager »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Anyone played 10000000?

It's pretty good but you should play puzzles and dragons instead

wtf? no he shouldnt. why is this getting pimped on GAF? it's blatant mobage crap. ugggggg
fat

ToxicAdam

Huge threads on SA and Toucharcade also.

:bow

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I'm trying Splash Damage's RAD Soldiers. Haven't played enough to have an opinion on the gameplay, but the TF2 "inspired" ("nearly directly lifted") art style is charming and clean.

DCharlieJP

• Icon
hey, just so everyone knows - i am a non-paid self funded bear gamer - so if i throw cash at shitty DLC then , um, yes - it will register as a proof positive but i feel that if you are going to go to the full extent of "FUCKING FUCK THESE COCK RAGS" on a podcast then it is your duty to go the full limit of what you can do with the product to explore its short comings.

I have spent more than i would have liked on FFATB and have completed the game at level 71 or so - but i wanted to see it through - i then bought the FF7 world so i could again see it from my own eyes - i want to slag off a product PUBLICALLY from a view point of having seen most what the game can offer. After completing the main world and having seen the various options from a DLC/IAP perspective i now feel fully equiped to give the pro/con run down.

I did it for science. Whether jizz stained fan boys care is not a concern of mine - i simply dont care.
O=X

DCharlieJP

• Icon
I totally agree with that sentiment - the thing is this is more an exploritary surgery expidition - i already mentioned that i hated this game early on and as i say this was for "science" (RSG podcast)

I agree that my cash or reasons for expending it have no relevance to SE but the ultimate issue is that, regardless of previous great works, that it only takes burning a whole segment of fans to ruin future ventures (and i have to assume that there are more planned)

Top and bottom of it is that , even if you plod through this as a free game, it's likely to turn your stomach with some of the design choices. So i'm not sure this is a great move for SE.

O=X

DCharlieJP

• Icon
also - regarding FF:ATB - TA were big upping it prior to review, as were a whole slew of fanthings. The basic point is to not suck it before you've smelt it.
O=X

ToxicAdam

Puzzle quest 2 had a price drop 3.99 -> 1.99.

pilonv1

Lost Cities is really good. Thanks Jonnyram!
itm

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
merci

Any convenient links to ROM collections that work with that would also be awesome!
vjj

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Thanks for the heads-up on the MAME app.

Are there any apps which do tethering for iPhone?

I know it's a common service in the USA, but Japanese provider "AU" informs me that they only offer the service from iPhone 5, my 4S is not eligible. I guess everyone gets one of those LTE/4G wifi hotspots.

Himu

Temple Run 2 is great.

Temple Run 2 is the only "this game never fucking ends, it's just repetitive, random sequences and little iota of game design as we aim for points" mobile game I like. I've tried Jetpack Joyride. Sucks. I've tried Street Skaters or whatever that lame Temple Run wannabe was. Sucks. I've tried Doodle Jump. Sucks. They all suck shit.

Except Temple Run and its sequel.

:bow
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Try Pitfall brah

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Haven't had a chance to mess with Gridlee.  Have read that you need to include the bios with every Neo-Geo game ROM though.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Mutant Mudds is free for 48 hours. Eat that, 3DS
fat

ToxicAdam

People say the controls on Mutant Mudds is shit (with touch). I don't know if I even want to bother.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Certainly cant be as awful as Puzzle & Dragons
fat

ToxicAdam

You don't talk about my girlfriend like that ...

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Ill try it now, was worried bout the control but hey FREE. :piss 3DS

pilonv1

Yeah.  This kind of things just makes me want to not bother with their future 3DS games and just wait for the cheap iOS version.  The wait isn't terribly long.

Scribblenauts iOS also pretty much turfed any chance of me paying $40 for a Scribblenauts game ever again, too. 

PC version of the latest version was $7 over Xmas at Amazon. Paying full price is for chumps
itm

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Stoney Mason

Jailbreak for ios 6 out now.

Sho Nuff

A certain someone from Microsoft just gave me their old 4s. Quite an upgrade from my old 3GS which was crippled pretty badly by ios 6. What are the SEXIEST games that let me celebrate the finest iPhone (because fuck the 5 with its shit dock connector)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
infinity blade 2
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
5 is really sexy man.

Btw Need For Speed Most Wanted

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Sho Nuff

:lol

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
The Room is a buck right now. Is it any good or is it Indie Poop (TM)?
うぐう

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
It's fun. It's a very stylish Western take on Room Escape. It's worth a buck.
乱学者

Stoney Mason

It's a puzzle game with a myst like mood. It's relatively short. I liked it quite a bit but then those things appeal to me.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
I'll check it out, haven't played much of those POV puzzle games in a while.
うぐう

pilonv1

A certain someone from Microsoft just gave me their old 4s. Quite an upgrade from my old 3GS which was crippled pretty badly by ios 6. What are the SEXIEST games that let me celebrate the finest iPhone (because fuck the 5 with its shit dock connector)

Wait till you see the Carcassonne board on the retina display!

also Lost Cities is awesome.
itm