Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 436585 times)

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Re: The Official Bore™ iPhone/iPod Touch® Thread of Gamings Apps
« Reply #2100 on: September 19, 2013, 04:56:58 AM »
I let the iPad download over night, woke up to a completely installed new OS in the morning.
I only had to give my password and disable the pin code and it was good to go. Pretty impressive.
brb

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2101 on: September 20, 2013, 09:34:49 PM »
Been playing Punch Quest today, my current mission is to punch food, I bought the food upgrade but haven't seen any, is it just random?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2103 on: September 20, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »
That's actually a Lite version.  The full version is $1.99.

No, this is the not-needing-to-pay version.

It is free.

It even says in the app description.

I downloaded it because I initially bought the IAP version. Now I dont need it, anymore.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:28:40 PM by demi »
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2104 on: September 20, 2013, 10:43:33 PM »
Good to know! Knabbed it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2107 on: September 26, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
9.99 is a good price. I'll grab it when I get home (unless initial impressions are overly negative).

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2108 on: October 04, 2013, 08:56:06 AM »
The Marvel Puzzle Quest game was kind of a bummer. The gameplay itself and UI is soild and an improvement over the other PQ's. But the F2P trappings really bring it down.

I'll probably enjoy it more if I just limit myself to one hour a day.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2109 on: October 04, 2013, 03:06:56 PM »
The Marvel Puzzle Quest game was kind of a bummer. The gameplay itself and UI is soild and an improvement over the other PQ's. But the F2P trappings really bring it down.

there is a cellphone puzzle quest game? downloading it now
<----

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #2110 on: October 04, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »

I've been out of the loop and didn't even know the game existed. I'll give it a try this evening.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2111 on: October 04, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »
it's a little different from puzzle quest,there are no skulls,gauntlet or coins to match,what happens instead is that everytime you match a color you get both damage AND mp,there are also 6 color instead of 4/5... the board seems quite bigger too... instead of having a single character,you have a team made up of 3 marvel heroes and each usualy has 3 color tied to them (iron man is red,yellow and blue for example) and when you level them up they usualy improve the damage of their own color along with more hp and sometimes better skills

there are also 2 kind of different fights,villains and minion... villains play like normal but minion turns certain gems into attacks with a countdown timer and if you don't shatter those gem in time you suffer the effect
the last gimmick is that some level comes with enviroment pannel these let you use skill whose effect vary depending on the stage (in dr.doom laboratory it's an attack,but on the street it's a healing move)

the IAP/F2P part comes in 2 whammies,first you don't recover damage when you get hurt and instead have to wait for the character to heal (in hindsight this mean that you don't have to wait if you somehow manage to make through an encounter unscathed) the second part comes into getting new heroes,you either pay 500 in game bucks or 50 real money currency to get comic book... each comic book comes with different version so there is the armor iron-man,a big blast iron-man,and a freeze blast iron-man... everytime you get comic books that feature the same hero you can fuse them all to power the skill and that's also needed to dictate the level cap of that hero (so for example an iron-man with level 3 big blast and level 3 armor can go up to level 6)

heroes you get in the starter - iron man,hawkeye,storm,black widow and venom... i guess they realized everybody loves spiderman cause he's the most expensive item :lol

there seems to be some tourney thing where you can get more money or character that aren't starter but i really haven't tried it
<----

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2112 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:49 PM »
Doublefine's The Cave is out for $4.99 on iOS.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-cave/id656493344?mt=8

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2113 on: October 05, 2013, 02:22:37 PM »
the vs mode in puzzle quest marvel isn't really vs... you just fight other player team and they are CPU controlled,worst of all you get to see what the pay hero look like and of course they all have huge hp pool and way bigger damage number than the stuff they give you for free
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2114 on: October 05, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »
why, it's almost like they're trying to sell you something!

i'm just saying it's a very bad freemium model,you smartass :yeshrug
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2115 on: October 05, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »
Breach & Clear is the free IGN game for October...

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/bc-free

Doesnt work on Ipod 4 unfortunately, I'm out of the game  :gloomy
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2116 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:45 AM »
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #2118 on: October 15, 2013, 01:20:47 PM »
うぐう

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #2119 on: October 15, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »
Bad art but I'll play it

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2120 on: October 16, 2013, 09:01:32 AM »
Played that game last night and it's not bad. It is not universal, but still plays well on the Ipad.

I only got a few missions in, which were no challenge at all, so I'm curious to see if the combat gets more interesting as the challenge ramps up.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2121 on: October 21, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »
i know in this same page i said puzzle quest marvel wasn't worth it but somehow i've sticked with it and it's a decent filler for when i'm done for the day in PAD... also while it's true that uncommon and rare character are definitely more stronger,once you put a lot of level in the common (like says... get iron man to level 30) thing start to balance around as leveling the rare one is pretty much impossible,they've been also having the decency of releasing new content not at the most breaking neckpeace but often enough to make things interessing (recently they just added captain america whose whole gimmick is that he gets MP back after a set amount of turn thus simulating his shield boomerang attack)

<----

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2122 on: October 21, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »
I took top ten in the last tournament and got screwed out of my reward. They better fix it.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2123 on: October 22, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »
I took top ten in the last tournament and got screwed out of my reward. They better fix it.

you sure you didn't get bumped out before the end? i got mine just fine

anyway here's a guide about the character and what they do so you can also understand how it differ from other puzzle quest game,each character usualy deals more damage in 3 colors,they are listed from their strongest color to their weaker

1-star

Iron Man
Colors: Red,Yellow,Blue

Iron Man is your most reliable guy,he's got a nice HP pool and all of his skills deal damage and the game give you tons of free copies of him so he's really easy to level up (i got mine to 27 so far) you are going to see him everywhere and he's always the first guy you should kill! his yellow skill also turns 2 tile on board into shield which reduce damage (the higher iron man level,the higher the reduction),the reduction is not big enough to make a difference for big attack but it helps with reducing damage from matches

Storm - Modern
Colors: Green,Red,Black

Storm is your board clearer,her first skill clear 8 random block and the red one clear all the city one and deal damage (which can be usefull in stage that have usefull city action) the damage will never be as big as ironman so basicaly it's there most for the free matches (in this version of puzzle quest using skill do not waste turn) the black one turn several tile into punch title's,which deal damage based on storm level,at level 17 they only deal around 2 damage per tile for less than 40 damage per turn which isn't much but still happen every turn but with a high level storm they deal 5 damage instead making it quite strong

Blackcat - Modern
Colors: Blue,Purple,Yellow (No Yellow Skill)

Black cat is usefull to put together with ironman and storm just so that she cover the last color in purple,coincidentaly her purple skill  just steal mana from the opponent making spamming ironman attack easier,the blue one is a 2 turn stun that can be easily upgraded to a 3 turn stun,if the cpu is with just a last character standing stunning it will result it in losing his turn so it can be usefull in those situation but most of the time it's better to spare the blue mana for iron man biggest nuke

Hawkeye - Classic
Colors: Purple,Red,Yellow (No Yellow Skill)

hawkeye is your other alternative into covering purple,he's more squishy than black cat but he deals more damage with multipler,frankly i don't like him... his red skill let him destroy a whole row and deal damage equal to the value of that line but it will never deal as much damage as iron man,his other skill is awesome and let you put a critical (basicaly a jolly that let you deal 3 time the damage of a match) into a place of your choice which often leads into 2 critical (which combine's well with hawkeye since he deals 4 time the damage instead) but it's expensive as fuck and rarely get used

Venom
Colors: Black,Green (No Green Skill),Purple

venom is an annoying character to use... his purple skill stun the enemy and place a web tile on the board and his black one deals crappy damage... but if there are 7 web titles on the board instead he insta-kill enemy,the only other character that generate web titles is spider man so basicaly you either use both or none but the spiderman comics are all rare and hard and annoying to get

Juggernaut
Colors: Red,Green,Black (No Black Skill)

basicaly kind of a mashup of iron man and storm,the red skill deal more damage but also hurt juggernaut itself and the green one destroy more tiles but you don't get any mana for it unlike storm

Yelena Belowva
Colors: Purple,Black,Blue

a variant of black widow,her steal skill is more costly but steal more and deal damage on top of that,the other turns special tiles into critical tiles so it's usefull against the like of wolverine and iron man

2-Star

Thor
Colors: Red,Green,Yellow

like iron man,thor feature a full set of damage skill,unlike iron man each of his skill transform tile on the board into the color to use the next one,so the red one generate yellow tiles,and the yellow one generate green mana,the green one unfortunately doesn't generate red tiles but it also deals damage to the whole enemy group instead of just one

Storm - Classic
Colors: Green,Blue,Yellow

some of the single player level drop comic of this so it's in the category of 2 star character that you can jump start easily... the green skill is exactly like modern but more powerfull,the blue one damage and stuns (but again,iron man does it better) the biggest attraction come in the form of a counter that happens everytime a character take big damage

Spider-Man - Bag Man
Colors: Purple,Blue,Yellow

this is a version of spider man where spider man dons a fantastic four costume,a plastic bag on his head and gets a "kick me" sign sticked on his back... i... didn't know that was a thing,the purple puts web tiles on board for venom,the blue stop a special tile (which i guess help with wolverine,that guy love special tile) and the yellow delay the timer of skill with a timer which isn't often if you aren't playing single player,basicaly he's situational as fuck

Bullseye
Colors:Purple,Black,Green (No Green Skill)

basicaly a better hawkeye,the black skill is like hawkeye purple skill but it also deals a truckload of damage if somehow you end up with 4 critical tile on the board... he also generate a defense tile (up to 3/4 depending on level) everytime a purple match happen

Hawkeye - Modern:
Colors: Purple,Blue,Red

all of his skill sets a countdown tile on the board which deals pretty big effect upon exploding,his other gimmick is that he can't be targeted,because he's a wussy

Wolverine
Colors:Green,Red,Yellow

Wolverine is OP as fuck and i'm totaly jelly i don't have one,the red skill hits super hard,even better than iron man nuke,the green one puts sword on the board which increase damage,the more red mana you have,the more sword you get,if you do it with a full red mana bar it easily ends up doubling your damage,his last skill heal him a little if there are a lot of yellow tile on board

Daken
Colors:Green,Black,Purple (No active skill at all)

a nerfed version of wolverine,he generates sword tiles when any green tile gets made instead,his healing skill is better but unlike wolverine if there aren't enough yellow tile on board he lose health instead

Captain America
Colors: Yellow,Red,Blue

basicaly his gimmick is that his skill also set a countdown on board which upon triggering returns him some of the mana,like iron man he also has a yellow skill that generate protect tiles... he's actualy the last character added so basicaly he's pretty rare to see at the moment

Magneto - Marvel Now
Colors: Blue,Purple,Red

another countdown character

3-Star

Spiderman - Classic
Colors: Yellow,Purple,Blue (No Purple Skill)

the blue one stuns,the yellow one actualy heals equal to the number of web tiles on board... timer on this game are based on healing your character so i guess that's the reason they made spider man rare as fuck

Black Widow - Grey Suit
Colors: Purple,Blue,Black (no blue skill,get green skill instead)

various board explosions + damage,tons of damage

this has gotten pretty big and it doesn't even have all of the 3 star character :kobeyuck

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:23:39 PM by magus »
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2124 on: October 24, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
marvel puzzle quest just got a pretty big update,remember how i said that i liked that raising rare character was hard because it made common usefull? they just decided to make it easier by having each skill have only 5 different level instead of 20.... i really hope this doesn't turn PVP into who has the most rare character's... they also added a daily login reward thingie and rebalanced stuff so now everyone hits like a truck

<----

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2125 on: October 25, 2013, 09:21:18 AM »
I was going to ask you how you liked the update.

Overall I really like it, seems even more generous, only downside is that  its harder to beat people in PVP.

The latest event they made is a really good idea. I like the random/one-time prizes.

I have 19 Health packs now.  :-*

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2127 on: November 01, 2013, 08:46:15 AM »
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2128 on: November 02, 2013, 03:08:21 AM »
Bloodmasque is free until Nov 7

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id663684549?mt=8
Top In-App Purchases

450 Rubies$3.99
100 Rubies$0.99
1,500 Rubies$11.99
5,000 Rubies$34.99
10,000 Rubies$59.99
  :-\

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2129 on: November 02, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »
Did you know BLOODMASQUE was from the Last Remnant team?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2130 on: November 02, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
No - but I downloaded it! And I can't run it because it dont work with Touch 4 : (
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2131 on: November 02, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »
fat

ToxicAdam

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #2133 on: November 12, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »
kinda ashamed to admit it but i'm digging (pun intended) this a lot

the thing that hooked me is that as you play you get cards that you use to change or improve stuff in a level so for example there is an upgrade that make certain tiles explosive,combine it with another that makes more tiles of that kind appear and you can explode all your way to the bottom and rack tons of money

<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #2136 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:39 AM »
Smartphone DQ is out tomorrow in Japan.

First 1 million downloads are free.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/240/G024051/20131127049/
cat

chronovore

• relapsed dev

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2138 on: November 27, 2013, 07:50:27 AM »
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2140 on: November 27, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »
SURPRISE!!!

Universal app too. Let me know if you encounter ANY weirdness in the game btw, our crack team is working all holiday long doing support

« Reply #2141 on: November 27, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »
SURPRISE!!!

Universal app too. Let me know if you encounter ANY weirdness in the game btw, our crack team is working all holiday long doing support

$5? No IAP?

Take my money now.
野球

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2142 on: November 27, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »
ZERO IAP

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2143 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »
Btw I wish I could be handing out ios codes like candy but we are super limited in the number that we get :(. If I haven't sent you a Steam code let me know though!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2144 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »
I'll take a code and bugtest it for you for free - that is a fair exchange
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2146 on: November 27, 2013, 01:51:51 PM »
I'll take a code and bugtest it for you for free - that is a fair exchange

You'll have to pay your own fare to get out here, but we'll have a desk ready for you

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2147 on: November 27, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
SURPRISE!!!

That's the team which does crack, right?

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2148 on: November 27, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2149 on: November 27, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »
Then it WAS the team which was on crack.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2150 on: November 28, 2013, 01:00:34 AM »
WE SCREWED UP ALERT: We’ve run into an issue where the game may not start if “Region Format” is not set to “United States.” We are patching ASAP; for now, please select Settings -> General -> International -> Region Format -> United States.

Demi if only we had let you test this, this never would have happened.  :usacry

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2151 on: November 28, 2013, 05:19:13 AM »
I offered my services, but you had to give me attitude
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2152 on: November 29, 2013, 04:26:02 AM »
Oscar's back! Now it really is Thanksgiving!

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2153 on: November 29, 2013, 08:46:06 AM »
Got to play about the first 4 or 5 missions in Skulls. It's so refreshing to play an 'indie' game that has polish. Real quality and a high attention to detail in every aspect of the game.

It's a bit challenging too. By the third mission I was scrambling to heal units and strategize for the win. Which is rare in modern TBS games where they usually hold your hand until you're 1/2 through the game.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2154 on: November 29, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
Yeah it's possible to die on the earlier stages -- note that we do have the Casual difficulty setting if things get too rough! You should be able to switch anytime in the options menu.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2155 on: November 30, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »
No, I'm good.

Skulls got Toucharcade's game of the week. Congrats.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2156 on: December 01, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »
Walking Dead Assault is free - this game is awesome

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-walking-dead-assault/id573981310
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #2157 on: December 02, 2013, 03:20:05 AM »
No, I'm good.

We are all kinda stunned that this actually happened

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #2158 on: December 12, 2013, 01:15:02 AM »
Out tonight.

GTA San Andreas

The Room 2

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2159 on: December 12, 2013, 03:38:10 AM »
No, I'm good.

We are all kinda stunned that this actually happened

I bought it yesterday too for my xmas holiday game time at the inlaws.