Author Topic: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk  (Read 559276 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk
« Reply #4380 on: March 08, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
Since the oscar thread is closed, I'll post this here. The only thing I care about the oscars is this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/08/oscars-breast-dressed-who_n_490173.html#s72920
©ZH

elektrikluv

« Reply #4381 on: March 08, 2010, 02:26:17 PM »
Oscars Breast Dressed: Who Wore Cleavage Best?

Does this even need to be asked in an event Christina Hendricks attended?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4382 on: March 08, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »
everyone i know tells me i'm a complete asshole. mean spirited. i tend to strike at the nerve at anyone i meet. like when i told my friend who is married with two kids and struggling make it by that i hope his kids get diabetes.

Diabetes? I'm guessing so she could lose some weight and become fuckable, amirite

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4383 on: March 08, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »

seriously.

I'd take the young and supple Vanessa Hudgens 2nd.  :drool

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4384 on: March 08, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
New weirdest status update on my Facebook page :lol

"Sooo someone has arrested me for a fundraiser for MD on April 1st, but is in Witness Protection. Call me if you know anything about this!!!!!!!!"
PSP

Robo

« Reply #4385 on: March 08, 2010, 03:17:26 PM »
I have been arrested in the future, but the person is in witness protection by then and cannot be identified!  Help me kill them in the present before it's too late!
obo

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4386 on: March 08, 2010, 03:54:15 PM »
Yeah, I have no idea what the hell that means. :lol

And it's from a female acquaintance that is pretty professional and level-headed. I don't know what to make of it. :lol
PSP

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #4387 on: March 08, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »

oh good lord.
dap

OptimoPeach

« Reply #4388 on: March 08, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »
It's hailing a fuckton in Sacramento right now. I think the world is ending HOLY SHIT
hi5

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4389 on: March 08, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »
First awesome and sunny day in a few weeks.  Took advantage of it and started cleaning the shit out of my yard and around my house (used to be lived in by my father-in-law, he collected a lot of junk and left a lot of it out in the yard for me  >:().  Also got to play with my son at the playground for a few hours.  We had a blast!   :)
WTF

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4390 on: March 08, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »
I have to do a presentation of Kantian geometry tomorrow.  I fear that if too-much-make-up girl looks me in the eye I will forget everything or worse I'll accidentally say something inappropriate.     

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4391 on: March 08, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
Slowest day at work in forever. I feel like i've already read the entire Internet today. 5hrs to go!
vjj

Rman

« Reply #4392 on: March 09, 2010, 02:36:13 AM »
Slowest day at work in forever. I feel like i've already read the entire Internet today. 5hrs to go!
I miss those days. :'(

elektrikluv

« Reply #4393 on: March 09, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »
But are you reeeaalllyyy muslim if you want to not be a proper muslim when you're young and 'having fun' but once you're old and boring and settled down, that's when you'll turn to religion? Is religion really supposed to be about convenience? Isn't it supposed to be about making sacrifices or whatnot?

Just playing devil's advocate. Because I remember when I was young and I knew in my head that I didn't buy this religion bullshit but I felt like I still had to hold onto it and justified it by thinking I'd be a good muslim when I was older. But then realised that wasn't what it was meant to be about and that I was just in denial and didn't actually believe in religion or god. Before I became an atheist, I kind of adjusted religion so much that it basically became my own personal belief, that was completely in conflict with Islam yet I still considered myself a 'muslim'. Kind of like you saying "I don't think god even cares if I kneel before him or not." But Islam says exactly the opposite.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:40:33 AM by elektrikluv »

elektrikluv

« Reply #4394 on: March 09, 2010, 11:46:35 AM »
I'm not saying you have to be 'exactly' anything to be a muslim, but your general attitude to the faith just doesn't strike me as such. Just my observation. Obviously its your faith and you know what you believe. I've just always been annoyed by people who are like yeeeaah gonna have fun now and not follow the religion, but I'm still *insert religion*! I'll just be a good *whatever* when I'm old and my life isn't as opportunistic for fun, then I'll be a good *whatever*! I find it rather hypocritical. And of course the whole picking and choosing. You choose to believe that god doesn't care if you kneel in your prayer to him, but why do you choose to believe he cares about other things? I dunno, its just too messy for me.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:48:13 AM by elektrikluv »

elektrikluv

« Reply #4395 on: March 09, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »
I don't want to seem like I was having a go, because I'm not! You just reminded me of myself lol.

I didn't really have a particular breaking point, I mean I remember when I was 12 and would still say my prayers before bed and eventually I just got fed up and realised I was just saying it out of habit and ritual, not because I genuinely believed anything was going to change or that anyone was listening to me. And my hatred for religion and its hypocrisies just kept on increasing. So yeah, there was no 'breaking point' as I've never had religion forced upon me, my house is incredibly liberal, no one prays or wears a headscarf etc, always wine in the fridge, allowed boyfriend's round etc.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:29:36 PM by elektrikluv »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #4396 on: March 09, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »
Transgressing is essential to any religions survival.  Wrath's just reading between the lines.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4397 on: March 09, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »
So my mom was asking me about why I'm slipping away from god and whatever, and I got a looooooooooooong lecture about why I should do this and that.

Look I believe in god and all, and I'm still a muslim. But I'm also fucking bored of praying 5 times a day everyday, knowing myself I'll start doing that again when I hit my thirty's but now I'm young and I want to have fun. I don't think god even cares if I kneel before him or not.
It's kind of bs for a muslim to slack off on something as easy (and habitual) as that though.  I left Islam but I was extremely devout until the moment I gave up on religion.

Barry Egan

« Reply #4398 on: March 09, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »
Congrats on diligently wasting your life away over nothing I guess  ???

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4399 on: March 09, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »
I wore a leather jacket today, assuming it was gonna get windy today. Now it's hot  :'(

elektrikluv

« Reply #4400 on: March 09, 2010, 02:29:33 PM »
I wore a leather jacket today, assuming it was gonna get windy today. Now it's hot  :'(

I wore a leather jacket the other day assuming it was going to be a bit warmer but it got really cold :'(

Stupid deceptive blue sky.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4401 on: March 09, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »
Congrats on diligently wasting your life away over nothing I guess  ???
No I can understand if he was too lazy to wake up for the morning prayer or something but not spending 10 minutesish a day on the prayers suggests a different issue entirely than just "boredom", to me.  You have to understand that not putting on the appearance of being a good muslim, either out of habit or fear of not being "saved", would usually carry pretty serious social consequences with your friends/family in a muslim country.  That's why I think that he has a different problem with the religion than just time/effort.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #4402 on: March 09, 2010, 02:47:39 PM »
Anyone else ever have those frozen El Monterey burritos that come in a purple package? They smell like unwashed ballsack
hi5

Bebpo

« Reply #4403 on: March 09, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »
Stupid deceptive blue sky.

This gets me all the time >_<

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4404 on: March 09, 2010, 03:32:26 PM »
Anyone else ever have those frozen El Monterey burritos that come in a purple package? They smell like unwashed ballsack
DUDE!

The beef and bean ones??  Sooo fucking good.  Although I prefer the bean and cheese ones.  Put some tabasco sauce on them.  mmmmm

I had them in the freezer here at work and somebody stole 4 of them :(

OptimoPeach

« Reply #4405 on: March 09, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
Those are the ones! Smell so bad but taste soo good. They usually give me a mean case of the bubbleguts, though
hi5

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4406 on: March 09, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »
not me.  My stomach processes them like nothing.  I remembered them being a lot bigger when I was younger though.  They're like a little wider than a snickers and just as long.  I have to eat 5 of them.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4407 on: March 09, 2010, 04:10:33 PM »
My presentation today went badly.  Too-much-make-up girl looked at me though!  The by the end she was bored, along with everyone else :(

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4408 on: March 09, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »
presentations tend to be boring no matter what.  it's not just you!  Just sit next to her and rub her legs or something

Barry Egan

« Reply #4409 on: March 10, 2010, 12:55:43 AM »
can't believe I'm writing this thesis at the last minute after all this time.  I've been in such a slump this year since my social group dissolved.  I miss being able to complete projects without self-consciousness.  I keep telling myself its just a long adjustment period but imma curb my bets and pay for some therapy during my year off. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:00:52 AM by My F*cking Grandpa »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4410 on: March 10, 2010, 01:05:16 AM »
I can't get a single question in this linear algebra assignment.  I can't even calculate the fucking angles of a triangle.  I want to cry :(

Pringo

« Reply #4411 on: March 10, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »
I can't get a single question in this linear algebra assignment.  I can't even calculate the fucking angles of a triangle.  I want to cry :(

What are the questions? I just finished doing linear algebra last semester so I may be able to help.

Edit: alternatively, you could try asking for help here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374943
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:01:19 AM by Pringo »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4412 on: March 10, 2010, 02:01:12 AM »
5.  Use vectors to prove that the line joining the midpoints of two sides of any triangle in R3 is parallel to the other side and half as long as the other side.

6.  Let P =(x0,y0,z0) be any point in R3, and let a,b,c be any non-zero real numbers.  Prove that the line though P in any direction d = (a,b,c) consists of all points (x,y,z) in R3 satisfying the equations

(x-x0)/a = (y-y0)/b = (z-z0)/c

Pringo

« Reply #4413 on: March 10, 2010, 02:18:04 AM »
5.  Use vectors to prove that the line joining the midpoints of two sides of any triangle in R3 is parallel to the other side and half as long as the other side.

6.  Let P =(x0,y0,z0) be any point in R3, and let a,b,c be any non-zero real numbers.  Prove that the line though P in any direction d = (a,b,c) consists of all points (x,y,z) in R3 satisfying the equations

(x-x0)/a = (y-y0)/b = (z-z0)/c

Well so far I have the proof of the one line being half as long as the other. Do you even need that or did you already have it figured out? I think the angles is the harder part of the question and I'm just trying to remember where I put my old notes so I can look up some formulas.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4414 on: March 10, 2010, 02:19:24 AM »
I do need that.  Thanks dude. 

Edit:  sorry dude.  I got to go to bed.  It feels a bit rude to ask for help and then go to sleep but it's just about 2am here and my classes start at 9:30.   :-\
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:38:12 AM by Father_Mike »

Pringo

« Reply #4415 on: March 10, 2010, 02:37:50 AM »
I do need that.  Thanks dude. 

Edit: I think you can find they're parallel by using cosθ = (v dot w)/(||v|| ||w||) (with v and w being being the lines d1 and d2 from the previous work). I haven't actually tried working it out though so I'm not 100% sure this will get a solution.

Regarding number 6, I think that (x-x0)/a = (y-y0)/b = (z-z0)/c is just a formula for a line in R3. Use the line = (x0, y0, z0) + (some variable)(a, b, c). This stuff is a bit hazy for me and it is getting late, so I think I'm heading to bed too.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:29:10 AM by Pringo »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4416 on: March 10, 2010, 06:36:20 AM »
presentations tend to be boring no matter what.  it's not just you!  Just sit next to her and rub her legs or something

I agree - nobody really cares about the presentations that others give.
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4417 on: March 10, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/11ik3ra.jpg[img]
:dizzy

:gloomy math :gloomy
©ZH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4418 on: March 10, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »
Thanks Pringo.  That helped a lot. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4419 on: March 10, 2010, 01:48:26 PM »
So I'm sitting in the library, and there's a chick to my right with a little girl. The girl keeps looking at me and saying "dadoo! hi dadoo!" while her mom (who has to be 21 or so) smiles at me with a sort of embarrassed look on her face  :-\

Then the girl walked up to me and gave me some animal crackers. Haven't had these in ages, so awesome

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4420 on: March 10, 2010, 01:50:55 PM »
You should turn your chair and hit on her smugly while eating the animal cracker.  But do it to where you grip on the cracker with your teeth, but not bite and snap the cracker in half and then eat.  You'll look mysterious!

Oh and then when you leave mess up the kids hair a bit and say "take it easy, scamp" and sling your coat over your shoulder and walk away.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4421 on: March 10, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
i dont think pd is up for hitting on little girls.
nat

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4422 on: March 10, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »
 :lol

I meant the mother.  But either works I guess.

Powerslave

« Reply #4423 on: March 10, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
So my mom was asking me about why I'm slipping away from god and whatever, and I got a looooooooooooong lecture about why I should do this and that.

Look I believe in god and all, and I'm still a muslim. But I'm also fucking bored of praying 5 times a day everyday, knowing myself I'll start doing that again when I hit my thirty's but now I'm young and I want to have fun. I don't think god even cares if I kneel before him or not.

All dat Slayer is making you lose your touch with religion. Satan is slowly getting through you.

Green Shinobi

« Reply #4424 on: March 10, 2010, 05:33:10 PM »
It's fucking snowing here in mid-March. Crazy. It felt like spring just two weeks ago.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:35:05 PM by Green Shinobi »

Robo

« Reply #4425 on: March 10, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
sick burn, yo

I mean, spinach is great.  When will spinach overtake lettuce as the leaf of choice for all sandwiches?  Better days lie ahead, I am sure of it!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:38:01 PM by RoboJ »
obo

Barry Egan

« Reply #4426 on: March 10, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »
the forum is evolving :heart

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4427 on: March 10, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
:bow spinach with garlic :bow

Robo

« Reply #4428 on: March 10, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »
 :teehee
obo

ch1nchilla

« Reply #4429 on: March 10, 2010, 11:23:34 PM »
Fucking ridiculous first night / day back in Tokyo. Went to 50 yen beer my first night back, got a little sloppy. It was snowing, so some trains were delayed / cancelled, one of which "happened" to be this girl and her friend's line. So said girl asks if she can stay at my apartment. I've known this girl for a little bit, she works at the Chipotle rip-off I frequent. Being drunk and also a nice guy, I say sure. We get to Shinjuku Station (my stop), and her friend fucking disappears. So I'm drunk and not connecting the dots, so I say "that's weird," and since the weather is miserable we hop in a cab. Bam. At my apartment, this girl is all over me, I just want to sleep since I had been up for 35 HOURS AND AM FUCKING TIRED FROM FLYING ALL DAY, she sleeps in my bed, wakes up and goes to work in the morning. I text her that I'm seeing someone and that I don't want that noise to happen again, and she declares that she is crying and unable to work. I reply "Are you serious?" No reply, I'm assuming everything is cool. SMH at Japanese melodramatic phantomness.  >:(

ASIDE FROM THAT

Being on break is the best. The biggest quandary of any given day is deciding what to eat. The lady is back in town tonight, getting boy band drunk tonight on 50 yen beers (which will no longer be 50 yen in May  :'( :'( :'(), house party tomorrow night.

Also, cannot stop playing Bayonetta.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4430 on: March 11, 2010, 10:39:58 AM »
I have the worse cold right now and not only but I have this urge to pig out on everything in my apartment at the same time. I'm not sure if the two are linked but the urge to eat is damn strong (and I've already eaten breakfast and a pastry).
:9

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4431 on: March 11, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »
Quit smokin weed Blue

archie4208

« Reply #4432 on: March 11, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
Passed my assistant financial examiner test.  One step closer to a gubment job. :rock :rock :rock

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4433 on: March 11, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »
OMG too-much-make-up girl is a year younger than me!  I thought she was older.  She speaks so elegantly. 

She even invited a bunch of us from my Kant class to a philo movie night and I totally felt like she was looking more at me than the other two people she was also talking too.  I should go to this movie night, join the philosophy club, and find a way to woo her. 

I'm not going to do any of that though.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4434 on: March 11, 2010, 04:16:47 PM »
Why the hell not, Mike???

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4435 on: March 11, 2010, 04:23:51 PM »
Yes. Yes he will. GO ARVIE
AMC

etiolate

« Reply #4436 on: March 11, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »
This is going to end like the engagement party scene in 500 Days of Summer.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #4437 on: March 11, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
Doesn't she have boyfriend?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Be the other man!
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4438 on: March 11, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »
I think so.  :(

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #4439 on: March 11, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »
This is quite good though. Now you can flirt with her but it'll just be as fun or joking around. No pressure etc.