Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1779507 times)

magus

• LIKES FF7
somebody is watching us :omg
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25409632&postcount=18

spoiler (click to show/hide)
or hyoushi is neoparadigm
[close]
or hyoushi got the gif from neogaf
[close]
or.... i'm out of theories
[close]
<----

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
somebody is watching us :omg
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25409632&postcount=18

or hyoushi is neoparadigm
[close]
or hyoushi got the gif from neogaf
[close]
or.... i'm out of theories
[close]

Unzip

FatalT

oh well now i feel bad.  although i most likely would have punched him if he kicked my kid.

Why do you feel bad? Somebody needs to teach those distinguished mentally-challenged fellows how to act in social settings. Why not let it be a father protecting his child?

Mupepe

• Icon
i guess that's true :'(

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
I see that no smileys shit as one more step towards gaf becoming the new gamefaqs.
Drunk

Chinner

is there a thread or post about why there are no more emoticons? are they actually banned?

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Unzip

Chinner

interesting. i kind of agree in principle, never really liked the excessive use of the laughing emoticon. i would of tackled it differently, would have just copied how they moderate in SA. they got it right.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
It could get annoying, but there are dozens of ways to handle it better than he did, which really comes across as something only a butthurt playground kid would do.

I just find it amazing how they're stripping site features as it gets more and more popular and renowned, when it should be the other way around.

Next feature to be removed: quoting.
Suggested by: Teknopathetic.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:35:08 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Chinner

i'm looking at threads now and theres even more use of memes pics and emoticons. the forums are actually looking more like gamefaqs.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418703

Why do simple threads at that site need to be so fucking verbose? The subject of this thread is fodder for 13 year olds on the back of a school bus, but it's written like it's the introduction to a high school book report.

And :lol at the second post annihilation
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:17:12 PM by AdmiralViscen »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
eh it's just another circle jerk thread. 20 of them every day
itm

Robo

English according to NeoGAF:

consistency (noun) - something you think very highly of
obo

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418703

Why do simple threads at that site need to be so fucking verbose? The subject of this thread is fodder for 13 year olds on the back of a school bus, but it's written like it's the introduction to a high school book report.

And :lol at the second post annihilation

That also use to annoy the shit out of me. So consciously trying to discuss videogames as if you they were discussing fine wine. Talk like a normal person. Even game devs don't talk like that.

Chinner

as pilon said, it's just a jerk off thread. fanboys playing fanboy wars.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:06:54 PM by Chinner »

AdmiralViscen

I don't read GAF much lately so it struck me just how much blahblah there was just to talk about your favorite lame ass series.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

http://hartter.blogspot.com/2009/11/misc.html

Movie posters from an alternate reality. Some good stuff. Though I thought blogspot supported image-leeching, apparently it does not. So go there and scope them at your own mental peril.

Ghostbusters with Christopher Lee, Vincent Price, and Peter Cushing would be so ZOMG AWESOME.

Would definitely watch the David Cronenberg version of TRON (with screenplay by William Gibson and music by Gary Numan :rock ).
©@©™

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
No more smileys?  Poor Kittonwy.  Let's send him an invite. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Everything that is wrong with human civilization can be summed up in this lame fight between two  youths right here:

[youtube=560,345]AZud4LqNKHQ[/youtube]
MMA

Maximus

Well done Chinner Well done
http://kotaku.com/5733967/did-you-know-there-was-crazy-duck-racing-in-shenmue-ii

Your posts are now being passed as news on Kotaku, thats when you know you hit the big time.

Himu

Yes I did know that and the duck races are awesome.
IYKYK

Maximus

Yes I did know that
You're not Chinner.... unless
:o

And yes they are awesome, its any wonder the game cost so much with so many Easter eggs like this

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
 :nsfw
[close]

[youtube=560,345]2BjOiPkueto[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]OK773gp4sT8[/youtube]

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:56:13 PM by Father_Mike »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

http://hartter.blogspot.com/2009/11/misc.html

Movie posters from an alternate reality. Some good stuff. Though I thought blogspot supported image-leeching, apparently it does not. So go there and scope them at your own mental peril.

Ghostbusters with Christopher Lee, Vincent Price, and Peter Cushing would be so ZOMG AWESOME.

Would definitely watch the David Cronenberg version of TRON (with screenplay by William Gibson and music by Gary Numan :rock ).

Yeah, too bad this didn't turn out to be the direction for the sequel, huh?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
:rofl :rofl

I really wanna know what that kid said or did.  Either way, don't fucking touch someone else's kid.
Pretty much this, entirely. I would give them 100% of my foot.

IIRC, the man is mentally handicapped.
If he wasn't before, he is after that punch.

Chinner

http://kotaku.com/5733967/did-you-know-there-was-crazy-duck-racing-in-shenmue-ii

Your posts are now being passed as news on Kotaku, thats when you know you hit the big time.

must of been a slow news day for 'journalists' at kotaku. really annoyed me though that i show how contributed to that terrible website :(

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Drunk

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
MMA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
(Image removed from quote.)

Wait, what is going on in this picture?

six chicks, one guys, what is there to question?

Well, I was thinking something more along the lines of the one chick in the middle [just to the left of the guy] appearing to be completely nude.
dog

pilonv1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25423430&postcount=7404

I don't know why you'd want to highlight such a commnuity but ok
itm

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 02:17:28 AM by Father_Mike »

Corporal

Bonus, old shit that still amuses me:
And I thought we Germans were nutters. There's a penguin, Sir Nils Olav, that's a member of the Norwegian army. And it's living in an Edinburgh zoo. That handily beats any animals some publicity-starved zoo in our country could ever hope to invent.

I mean, look at him. LOOK AT HIM.

[close]
!list

etiolate

Norwegians :rock

chronovore

• relapsed dev
(Image removed from quote.)

I snickered uncontrollably for a while there. I hope "Jamal" has the safety on.

AdmiralViscen

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Stump is good people, likes to post long winded posts, has touched titties, though considering how long his Christmas shopping list was, maybe he's paying too much for that privilege.
Unzip

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Think this guy will ever touch a tit?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25426959&postcount=1752

He made another long winded post a while back outlining his expenses to his girlfriend.  Whether this is a real life girlfriend or an e-girlfriend, I have no idea.  Whether she considers him her boyfriend is also unknown.

Although he does make a good point about how the Wii scene is a virtual desert.  I mean, I think we all knew that but Stump is a Nintard and having a Nintard make that concession is a big deal.  Granted, he may have been choking back sobs while posting it and is putting his faith in Sega (lawl) but it is a pretty big concession nonetheless.
🍆🍆

Skidmark

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 02:36:40 PM by Skidmark »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist

This is amazing, and a step towards the Rise of Cybermen.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:07:23 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Is that real? No fucking way I'd put that on my head

Stoney Mason

That's fucking crazy. I would think that was an edited video if somebody just showed it to me.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I'm fucking dieing here :lol No 3D glasses future! And come on, PD  :-\
:9

Stoney Mason

lol. Now I'm embarrassed.
 :-[

Himu

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Looks like the one jock guy from Revenge of the Nerds, but with longer hair.
dog

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Well, I was thinking something more along the lines of the one chick in the middle [just to the left of the guy] appearing to be completely nude.

Yea, that's it.

Rman

I like Stump.  At least he attempts to elevate the discussion at GAF.  He has a ridiculous memory and his posting style reminds me of The Black Falcon, who mostly posts huge wall of text on retro gaming and older PC games.  

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I like Stump.  At least he attempts to elevate the discussion at GAF.  He has a ridiculous memory and his posting style reminds me of The Black Falcon, who mostly posts huge wall of text on retro gaming and older PC games.  

A Black Falcon's biggest problem is that he's stuck in the mid-90's and will never admit that any modern game can come anywhere close to those heady PC days.
dog

Rman

A Black Falcon's biggest problem is that he's stuck in the mid-90's and will never admit that any modern game can come anywhere close to those heady PC days.

Does he even play modern games?  Based on his posts, it doesn't seem like it.  He's always talking about completing his retro collections and huge backlog.

Stoney Mason

I think that's the biggest problem with GAF in general. (At least the gaming side) It's a nostalgia board. It's all about pining for the game industry to be like it was in their youth or early 20's. Give it another 10 years they will still be pining away.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:44:18 PM by Stoney Mason »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist

I think that's the biggest problem with GAF in general. (At least the gaming side) It's a nostalgia board. It's all about pining for the game industry to be like it was in their youth or early 20's. Give it another 10 years they will still be pining away.

I'm sorry but we have to settle on a single "biggest problem of GAF." The flip-flopping is unacceptable. We must reach a consensus and stick with it, for the sake of our internet identity.
Unzip

pilonv1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418761

hay guys, really stop posting smilies ok?
itm

Stoney Mason

I'm sorry but we have to settle on a single "biggest problem of GAF." The flip-flopping is unacceptable. We must reach a consensus and stick with it, for the sake of our internet identity.

On reflection yeah...

It's a lot of separate and individual reasons that make it shitty.

Himu

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418761

hay guys, really stop posting smilies ok?

hooooooooooly shit

banning for posting smiliies? why won't those people just realize that the staff DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY JUST WANT A PAYCHECK?

Evilore admitted as such when he closed my negro-gaf thread and mixed every knock off into one thread where he admitted he does shit just because, that he's impulsive, and that he now would prefer gaf be a news aggregate than a community.
IYKYK