Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780906 times)

Bebpo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385025

icecream thread

I can't believe people are still getting trolled by his threads  :lol

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
I clicked that link thinking it'd be about Ben & Jerry's or something. Fuck

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Bebpo

Would have been more believable without the janitor part. What kid fucking punches a janitor??  :lol

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
One who is the janitor's son  :omg

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Reminds me of this article http://www.slate.com/id/2116449/

OptimoPeach

lol @ the Brock Lesnar vs Navy Seals thread on GAF. Buncha distinguished mentally-challenged fellows that grew up fingering their anuses to First Blood
hi5

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

BobFromPikeCreek

Wow.
zzzzz

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1810 on: January 16, 2010, 04:26:34 AM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Skip to 4:03 and prepare for insanity.
ど助平

etiolate

wtf

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
lol @ the Brock Lesnar vs Navy Seals thread on GAF. Buncha distinguished mentally-challenged fellows that grew up fingering their anuses to First Blood

good lord thats a distinguished mentally-challenged thread. pretty bad when you have to agree with evilore :-\
itm

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
he's just retaining water
sup

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

magus

• LIKES FF7
maybe i shouldn't do this but i need to vent
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385043
5 pages of people whining that ign is stoopid because they said that nsmb wasn't that good
spoiler (click to show/hide)
OH NO I SHOULDN'T HAVE POSTED THE LINK WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE IT HITS TO IT
[close]
spoiler (click to show/hide)
and yes ign is still stupid for giving 6.5 to my favourite game and 3.0 to you know what  :maf
[close]
<----

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
One of the reasons why I didn't re-Wii for NSMB is because it seemed like there was too much hyperbole around the game.

For those types of instances, I always wait a couple of months because hyperbole dies down and rationality begins, unless it's Killzone 2 or Uncharted but it works 90% of the time.
🍆🍆

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
One of the reasons why I didn't re-Wii for NSMB is because it seemed like there was too much hyperbole around the game.

For those types of instances, I always wait a couple of months because hyperbole dies down and rationality begins, unless it's Killzone 2 or Uncharted but it works 90% of the time.

It is rather good.  I had about the same fun with it as I did dragon age.  Multiplayer is a blast.

archie4208

NSMBWii felt like a fan made rom hack of NSMB with Mario 3 level inspiration.  It's ok, but pretty boring tbh.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384997

What? Why do people feel bad for Whitta? He wrote a bad script, big deal.

I saw Avatar a second time yesterday (relatives were in town and wanted to see it) and some guy in front of me was buying 12 tickets to Eli and mentioned to the box office person "I know the guy who wrote it". Sigh.
CBG

E-DuB

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Skip to 4:03 and prepare for insanity.

I'm doing karaoke tonight I'm going to try my damnedest to find that song!! 

Beezy

I saw Avatar a second time yesterday (relatives were in town and wanted to see it) and some guy in front of me was buying 12 tickets to Eli and mentioned to the box office person "I know the guy who wrote it". Sigh.
what a fucking idiot :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

what a fucking idiot :lol

I believe this is what's called a "sycophant".
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #1824 on: January 16, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
Do people think Whitta is going to reimburse their ticket purchases or give them fellatio for buying mass quantities?

"I know the writer, personally. We are on the same Internet forum. We're practically friends. He invited me to the premiere, y'know, but I didn't want to steal any of his thunder. We're writing a buddy cop movie next."
PSP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Solo had the right of it in the Rottenwatch thread for Book of Eli where he said he'd watch the movie on its own merits not because he was kind of/sort of something of a distant acquaintance, but not really, of the guy who wrote it.
dog

OptimoPeach

[youtube=560,345]LCYPGnJdO1U[/youtube]

Frighteningly accurate
hi5

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
went on way too long

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1828 on: January 16, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
Nice to see Andy Richter found a new gig

Amazing post.

:lol

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Can you imagine how much money they could make if the original band re-formed for a tour? Rose is a huge douche but I'm still kinda shocked they haven't at least tried to re-group recently.

Same with Pink Floyd and Zeppelin. Some of them have to be watching how much money the Stones pour in yearly and think about touring. Floyd is in a sort of similar position as Guns n Roses in terms of having a douchebag member (Wright) no one wants to deal with, but Zeppelin has no excuse.

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #1830 on: January 16, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »
[youtube=560,345]2iPAFrvDD_U[/youtube]

1:34 till 3:10 is beautiful.
zzz

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
"Travolta had his Battlefield Earth, Costner had his Waterworld and now Denzel Washington has his truly awful sci-fi epic, The Book of Eli."

Whitta killed Denzel.  :'(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Are mods banning people who slam the movie on GAF? Haven't really payed attention to the Whitta lovefest over there.

I wonder what would have happened there if he wrote Transformers II

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
That would be ironic since Whitta is quite the troll himself. But I guess biting sarcasm and unapologetic criticism is for others.

BobFromPikeCreek

Are mods banning people who slam the movie on GAF? Haven't really payed attention to the Whitta lovefest over there.

I wonder what would have happened there if he wrote Transformers II

No. EviLore called it shit  himself in the Rottenwatch thread.

I got accused of sucking up to EviLore because I quoted his post in agreement. :lol
zzzzz

Fresh Prince

"Travolta had his Battlefield Earth, Costner had his Waterworld and now Denzel Washington has his truly awful sci-fi epic, The Book of Eli."

Whitta killed Denzel.  :'(
Fuck. manabyte redeemed.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Same with Pink Floyd and Zeppelin. Some of them have to be watching how much money the Stones pour in yearly and think about touring. Floyd is in a sort of similar position as Guns n Roses in terms of having a douchebag member (Wright) no one wants to deal with, but Zeppelin has no excuse.

Waters is the one they hate (Wright died recently)
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
No worries Gary, I'm heading to see it this weekend because unlike the mainstream, no one tells me what to like or dislike based on their interpretation of a movie.

Goddamn, I'm loving that Book of Eli rottenwatch thread.
🍆🍆

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1838 on: January 16, 2010, 06:04:03 PM »
Wait, is The Book of Eli like really bad or just mediocre?
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
GAF being GAF again.  BFPC jokes about people buying 90 tickets to see the movie (an obvious exaggeration to anyone who isn't a simple manchild) but you got GAF members say "NO, WE DID NOT BUY 90 TICKETS."

I'd like to second this.

Overall, I find BobFromPikeCreek to be a shitty poster.

LOL
🍆🍆

BobFromPikeCreek

I'm so sad.
zzzzz

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
A didactic and humorless Western, Eli is too laborious for an action film and too brutal to be an inspirational tale. With its handsomely moody look, it seems more like an extended music video. Mostly, Eli is hampered by drab performances and a ponderous story
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/reviews/2010-01-15-bookofeli15_ST_N.htm
ouch

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1842 on: January 16, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »
Holy shit, EviLore just typed up a paragraph about how ridiculous the plot is :rofl

I wonder if Whitta responds.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1843 on: January 16, 2010, 06:11:42 PM »
Don't worry, we love you Bob - no matter if you don't buy 90 tickets to see Candy Land: The Motion Picture when it hits theaters.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1844 on: January 16, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
Holy shit, EviLore just typed up a paragraph about how ridiculous the plot is :rofl

I wonder if Whitta responds.

Wow. That was brutal.

BobFromPikeCreek

I'll pirate it 90 times!
zzzzz

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1846 on: January 16, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »
:lol

I imagine when Candy Land wraps, that everyone here will mock me and download it illegally, depriving my film of any sort of commercial success. Then you guys will slag on it endlessly and call me a failure. :'(
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
 Jibril:

Best post-apocalyptic film I've ever seen.The kind of film I'd like to have done myself.

:lol :lol  :lol

BobFromPikeCreek

:lol :lol

And I'm the kiss ass.
zzzzz

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1849 on: January 16, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »
Oh my God. :lol

"GARY, YOU TRULY ARE THE NEW CHARLIE KAUFMAN! A WRITER FOR OUR TIMES!"

... Although, it does like The Book of Eli will be the first flick to knock Avatar off its perch.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
The Book of Eli is like a movie based on a graphic novel you don't want to read. D
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20336502,00.html

Should've gotten Will to do a rewrite.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1851 on: January 16, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
I dare someone to post:

"Films with higher aggregated scores than The Book of Eli on Rottentomatoes: Daybreakers, Brothers, It's Complicated, Armored, Astro Boy, Disney's A Christmas Carol, Avatar, The Men Who Stare at Goats, IMAX Under the Sea 3D et al."
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1852 on: January 16, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
That's true, he does deserve some credit for bringing James Cameron back down to Earth. We will all know the answer to the Trivial Pursuit question, "What was the name of the film that finally knocked Avatar out of first place in the US box-office?"
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
"shit i know this one. What's that terrible post-apocalyptic movie . . . Waterworld?"

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1854 on: January 16, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »
Also for a blue piece:

"What's the name of the short-lived writer of Candy Land: The Motion Picture who died of a drug overdose shortly after its premiere at Cannes?"
PSP

Fresh Prince

It's like that dude again Didak, Dyack someone.

cool breeze

Yesterday I was waiting around in a movie theater, holding a pair of 3D glasses, and two random people came up to complain about Avatar being sold out all night and how they were stuck watching Book of Eli instead.  True story.

The two disgruntled moviegoers and the trailers are all I can go on.  I'll watch it eventually, on TV, in the background while I do something else on my PC.  I almost want to go back and read the trailer impression thread to see whose opinion hold more weight.  All the trailers and commercials were, I thought, pretty bad.  It really reminds me of the Max Payne movie for some reason (not Mila Kunis' fault).

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1857 on: January 16, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
Dude, how can you NOT see it with quotes like these:

"Gary Whitta. You are amazing."
                                                                                                         - Jibril, NeoGAF.com

... I better hear similar things from you guys once Candy Land hits the screen.
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
"Willco, I wish I was female so I could fuck you and get a part in your next movie."

- demi, evilbore.com, fetishist
fat

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1859 on: January 16, 2010, 07:00:13 PM »
There is still time. :-*
PSP