Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1778755 times)

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
I'll tell you this: the only Polish guy I have ever known in real life was as tough as a a piece of shoe leather. I never saw him lose a fight. EVER.
UK

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
i think now is the perfect time to launch an attack

they'd never suspect
Tonya

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
AMC

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
AMC

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #2645 on: January 26, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
Okay gentlemen, here's the deal:

NO MORE NSFW MATERIAL, LINKS OR DISCUSSION ARE ALLOWED IN THIS OR ANY OTHER THREAD.

We now have a sticky topic dedicated to such debauchery. Enjoy, but keep your perverted civil discourse there only.
PSP

Beezy

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Okay gentlemen, here's the deal:

NO MORE NSFW MATERIAL, LINKS OR DISCUSSION ARE ALLOWED IN THIS OR ANY OTHER THREAD.

We now have a sticky topic dedicated to such debauchery. Enjoy, but keep your perverted civil discourse there only.

:bow PATEL FOR ICON :bow2

fixed for accuracy, wilco sux
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:03:15 PM by pilonv1 »
itm

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #2648 on: January 26, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
Like anything positive I do, it wasn't my idea. Thank Patel, Prole, etc.
PSP

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #2649 on: January 26, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
The world just became Avatarded...

:avatar

Is that adjusted for inflation? Guess not.
You're right, it's not, but still, 1.8 billion dollars is not bad for a box office take, eh?

:avatar :lenowned

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
That last page was a nightmare!

Edit: I don't care, call it latent mommy issues, but I like big tits.  I'm willing to tolerate a little sag.  The problem I have with asses is that a lot of them can be shapeless.  A good ass should be round, not resembling a mountain of Crisco.

Edit 2: Then again, I don't care much for talking about preferences for women online.  It feels creepy and virginesque.  I understand fistful and Pee Dee would go for it but not me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:11:48 PM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

"Sometimes...they watched TV."

:rofl
dog

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #2652 on: January 26, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
I don't know if people actually care about Ninja Warrior / Sasuke spoilers, but just in case:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[youtube=560,345]o49TwmMxMYc[/youtube]
[close]

It's awesome to see elaborately designed obstacles courses get destroyed by some beast at climbing shit.

That is indeed awesome.

Also, OMG at the NSFW Kart Racer.

:drool
XDF

archie4208

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385873

*Pacther lays down the truth about 'traditional' 3rd party games and the Wii*

Ninthings: "Well maybe they should make some more games like RE4.  That sold pretty well.  If all 3rd party games were like RE4 then they wouldn't have this problem.  RE4 RE4 RE4 RE4 RE4"

Jeez.  I'm getting tired of RE4 being used as the 3rd party messiah.  That game is like 3 years old now and the market has changed since its release.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385873

*Pacther lays down the truth about 'traditional' 3rd party games and the Wii*

Ninthings: "Well maybe they should make some more games like RE4.  That sold pretty well.  If all 3rd party games were like RE4 then they wouldn't have this problem.  RE4 RE4 RE4 RE4 RE4"

Jeez.  I'm getting tired of RE4 being used as the 3rd party messiah.  That game is like 3 years old now and the market has changed since its release.

3 year old games keep selling on the Wii, a system with 10 year old tech in it.  It's only natural that they talk about a 2007 port of a 2004 game in 2010.

I agree with you.  RE4 was a decent talking point within the first year of the system's life -- the fact that Nintards have nothing new to talk about since mid 2007 should be a sign that something is seriously wrong.  The amazing thing is that the RE4 Wii port isn't that amazing, it's just one of the few PS2 port up jobs that wasn't completely mangled in the process.

At this point, the traditional third party shit isn't coming.  Nintendo fans still keep up hope but at this stage in the game, it isn't coming.  They should just appreciate what few traditional third party titles that are trickling out.  If they want the traditional experiences that bad enough, they can swallow their fan nerd pride and get an Xbox 360 or PS3.
🍆🍆

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
It's not like RE4 did super amazing anyway.

Just clicked the link. LOL @ pachter having a GAF account. As if I needed more reason to ignore him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385914

lol @ post 4. Talk about thin skin.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:52:05 PM by AdmiralViscen »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Coital Boogeyman :lol
©@©™

M3wThr33

Yeah. Even Pachter is saying it's a huge casual/core split and the 3rd party title price average is RIDICULOUSLY LOW. Only Nintards are claiming advertising/quality rather than the market.

Although I do find their GTA strawman argument funny. GTA was mocked last gen not because it wasn't a hardcore game, but a majority of the people didn't even 'play' the game, rather just fuck around like an idiot. But revisionist history is always good for a laugh.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Advertising and quality are the oldest excuses in the book.  From my Segafag days, reading forums like Blast City, every single significant Dreamcast game would have been a multimillion seller if there would have been some advertising for the games.

Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:20:01 AM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
It's on PC...
AMC

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
If I start drinking again, this will be me in two years:

[youtube=560,345]3cD9x1xTSjw[/youtube]

Flannel Boy

• Icon
[youtube=560,345]0u9JAt6gFqM[/youtube]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Advertising and quality are the oldest excuses in the book.  From my Segafag days, reading forums like Blast City, every single significant Dreamcast game would have been a multimillion seller if there would have been some advertising for the games.

Woah, there's actually someone else out there that remember the NURB family of forums?! Man, I used to post on Rumble City back when they were still around; that's actually how I came up with name!
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
And wiitards wonder why third parties don't try.

Interestingly (at least to me), the six third party titles in the top 20 were EA Sports Active, Lego Star Wars, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Deca Sports (?), Game Partyand Rock Band 2.

I found it fascinating that the highest ranked Guitar Hero title on the Wii in 2009 was GH World Tour at #30. I also found it fascinating that games like Just Dance, Cabela's Big Game Hunter, Deal or No Deal, The Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels 2009 all finished ahead of the highest ranked GH game.

First party titles command 50% of the market value, and the top selling third party stuff is shit like that.
itm

M3wThr33

Came out on PC day and date huh?

Well, that explains it then.

That would explain the huge ass image too.

Breaking tables doesn't matter when you're the boss.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Great Rumbler: I remember those.  I was on Blast City (though never posting; just lurking) and then moved onto Opa Age and then GAF.  Seems odd I was on OA first before GA, but there you go.  They were pretty good boards but Blast City became unraveled late 2000.  It did a great job hyping me up for a lot of DC games that weren't all that great, like Elemental Gimmick Gear.

And wiitards wonder why third parties don't try.

Interestingly (at least to me), the six third party titles in the top 20 were EA Sports Active, Lego Star Wars, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Deca Sports (?), Game Partyand Rock Band 2.

I found it fascinating that the highest ranked Guitar Hero title on the Wii in 2009 was GH World Tour at #30. I also found it fascinating that games like Just Dance, Cabela's Big Game Hunter, Deal or No Deal, The Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels 2009 all finished ahead of the highest ranked GH game.

First party titles command 50% of the market value, and the top selling third party stuff is shit like that.

Yep.  Sounds to me like third parties know exactly what Wii consumers want.

Nintards were all cocky and shit about how they can get grandmas and soccer MILFs to get a Wii but they were too dumb to realize that grandmas and soccer moms aren't interested in shit like Resident Evil 5, they want Jillian Michaels Fitness.  It's the Blue Ocean Strategy in execution.  Not like Nintendo really cares as they are laughing at they shit on the hobby all the way to the bank.  Nintendo fans can't have it both ways but have some undying faith in the BOS.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:38:54 AM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

Green Shinobi

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #2668 on: January 27, 2010, 03:14:48 AM »

They stole this from House of Gord. Look it up yourselves.

We have a new NSFW forum.  Post your responses there!

Wow, not even responses!? I thought it was just links!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:31:35 AM by Raban »
SRY

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2669 on: January 27, 2010, 03:16:22 AM »

Bebpo?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:18:38 AM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Flannel Boy

• Icon
[youtube=560,345]i5yfUPJJ05g[/youtube]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
They were pretty good boards but Blast City became unraveled late 2000.

The whole family of forums went under when the owner decided he didn't really want to own a forum anymore. Wouldn't even let anyone else take the board over, just pulled the plug completely.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Ehn, it's sold over 900k in the US alone, which means it's outsold RE5 PS3 and isn't terribly far behind RE5 360.  Credit where it's due, for a two years later fourth version of a game ported onto a console that was already BC with the game, it's a phenomenal number. 

Going by Wikipedia, RE4 sold 1.6 million [Wii] and RE5 sold 1.41 million [Xbox360] and 1.32 million [PS3].
dog

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2674 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »
re4 also sold into a game-starved market to hardcores who had not yet accepted the wii's destiny
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2675 on: January 27, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »
re4 also sold into a game-starved market to hardcores who had not yet accepted the wii's destiny

Yeah, Archie pretty much pegged it. RE4 sold great when it came out, no question, but that was two and half years ago. Things have changed since then.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Things have changed since then.

Wii still sucks as it sucked 2.5 years ago ???

There were still enough people back then that hadn't realized it yet.
dog

Jansen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359393&page=2

i cant believe people are defending that fucked up collectors edition ::)

archie4208

An anime pillow will surely attract the ladies. :pimp

Also, how are you reallistically supposed to use the boob mousepad?  Wouldn't the gel tits get in the way of me pwning noobs in TF2?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Jansen why werent you this outraged when you played Star Ocean 4?
fat

Jansen

???

my copy of star ocean 4 didnt come with a animu fuck me pillow cover

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Hahahaha, no dont address the question thats cool
fat

Phoenix Dark

RE4 is the commerce clause for Nfags. Excuses everything

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
 :lol Malek
©ZH

elektrikluv

« Reply #2685 on: January 27, 2010, 12:59:54 PM »
He stole my joke :'(

Flannel Boy

• Icon
White people don't steal jokes; we borrow them.  :lenowned

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
[youtube=560,345]GxzhWkMD3co[/youtube]

góðan come to papa

Raban

• The baby...
 :drool :drool
SRY

Flannel Boy

• Icon
 :heartbeat :omg :heartbeat

Why is every woman named Natalia hot?

Raban

• The baby...
:heartbeat :omg :heartbeat

Why is every woman named Natalia hot?

It's an unspoken rule of the universe.
SRY

elektrikluv

Sorry to break it to you guys, but I know an ugly Natalia!

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
so, uh, susan sarandon showed up and spanked people dressed as pigs at an Of Montreal show

Tonya

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Sorry to break it to you guys, but I know an ugly Natalia!

meow

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
"Spiky little dinosaur had ginger feathers, scientists reveal" headline on BBC.com   :lol :lol :lol

Phoenix Dark

"Gayle Haggard: My husband no longer gay"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35097032#35097032
:teehee
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 07:52:49 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
"Gayle Haggard: My husband no longer gay"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35097032#35097032
:teehee

Who wouldn't go straight for a piece of that poonani?! :drool
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

I need to track down the Oprah interview they showed a clip of. Hearing him laughing while saying "there's plenty of evidence I'm straight lolol" is so suspect.

Someone should go undercover and expose him again. Come on Junpei, I'll pay for the surgery

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

Ehn, it's sold over 900k in the US alone, which means it's outsold RE5 PS3 and isn't terribly far behind RE5 360.  Credit where it's due, for a two years later fourth version of a game ported onto a console that was already BC with the game, it's a phenomenal number. 

Unfortunately, it sits pretty much by itself as a success of that magnitude on the Wii, which makes it a piss-poor example to throw out there in any discussion about third party sales.

Oh, it must have had great legs then. I remember Nfans claiming it sold out for a few months to explain why it fell off the NPD.

But yea, still an isolated example. And 900k games are a dime a dozen on the 360. I'm not convinced that the people who bought RE4 still own Wiis, or at least, buy games for it.

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Oh, it must have had great legs then. I remember Nfans claiming it sold out for a few months to explain why it fell off the NPD.

But yea, still an isolated example. And 900k games are a dime a dozen on the 360. I'm not convinced that the people who bought RE4 still own Wiis, or at least, buy games for it.

There are 30 third party games above RE4's total on the 360, so yes, the difference is massive and frankly unignorable unless you're trying hard to escape reality.

As archie and prole and now you have said, RE4 came out at a different time.  There were people with Wiis who like those sorts of games that hadn't bought another console yet.  That crowd got fed up at a certain point and bought systems that actually had an abundance of the games they were looking for, and if you have one of those consoles, Wii games really lose a lot of their appeal.

I think the biggest mystery around is why the few stragglers who only own a Wii and want these kinds of games haven't done the smart thing and bought an HD console yet.  They're not exactly expensive these days.  Surely that's got to beat whining and constant disappointment, yes?

Many of them would rather be "Nintendo Only" and boast of it due to their rabid fanboyism.
XDF