Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780373 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
That makes sense. Not surprising that I wouldn't hear it around Ann Arbor, Michigan. Not to say I haven't heard bogglingly racial stuff around here (revolving around "clean/proper" stuff, or asking "same father?" after I say I have x-number brothers).

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I think the most racist thing I ever heard was in Calvert County, Maryland - when my stepmom picked me up early from my daycare center (which was at some Megachurch) to go celebrate Hannukah with my dad's family.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I propose we call all enemy insurgents, "Na'vi".
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
That makes sense. Not surprising that I wouldn't hear it around Ann Arbor, Michigan. Not to say I haven't heard bogglingly racial stuff around here (revolving around "clean/proper" stuff, or asking "same father?" after I say I have x-number brothers).

:rofl

:'(

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
It was actually after I came back, but that's when this one kid (who I hated) learned that not only was I Jewish (which was common knowledge, and up for daily ridicule), but that my stepmom was black.

He called me a "curly haired nigger-fucking Jewboy".
PSP

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #3905 on: February 18, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »
Jesus Christ, Himu. I could call you a hamburger and with the right inflection in my voice, it could sound racist.

Uh...

You must be kidding me.

Man, Himu can't stop spending his money on crack rocks. He's such a stupid HAMBURGER.

I hate being called hamburger.

Makes me hungry!
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
It was actually after I came back, but that's when this one kid (who I hated) learned that not only was I Jewish (which was common knowledge, and up for daily ridicule), but that my stepmom was black.

Well that's not racist at all.  All those terms were used before black people were getting fucked by jews.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
That's not the worst thing I've been called, but it was the most racist, by far.
PSP

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

He was technically correct though...

8)

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Well that's not racist at all.  All those terms were used before black people were getting fucked by jews.

:lol

What about the BLACK JEW?
PSP

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

He called you "boy"? That's awful.
___

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I KNOW.
PSP

Mupepe

• Icon

What about the BLACK JEW?
That just doesn't exist, you unicorn.

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #3913 on: February 18, 2010, 01:52:32 PM »

"Same father?" :rofl
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Actually, the Jewboy bit didn't really bother me that much. I've been called "attractive Jewish person" and other racial slurs before. "Fat attractive Jewish person" was one I also heard at the daycare center. Stuff that specifically targets me doesn't upset me.

I guess it was the racial slur targeted towards family members, and the sexual connotation attached to it.
PSP

cool breeze

I've heard a bunch of racist things but the location they're said in make some of them stand out.

One of the best/worst was this old guy throwing out a bunch of slurs for Japanese people because they were taking out a long time in a buffet line; it ended with a line about hiroshima.  Even when he finally sat, he would yell "HIROSHIMA! NAGASAKI" at any of them that passed.  This was in Disney World.

Himu

Being fat half my life made me feel worse about myself than any racial slur thrown at me.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
Making a call from the payphone at my high school, a black kid in line asked if I was buying stock.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yeah, I'm with Himuro on that one. Except it's been my ENTIRE LIFE.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #3919 on: February 18, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »
I used to be skinny as fuck. Even at my worse I wasn't like...fat fat. It's skinny chubby neckroll fat.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
Himuro was a skinny baby.  I fucked the shit out of him back in middle school.  

Making a call from the payphone at my high school, a black kid in line asked if I was buying stock.
Were you?

Mandark

• Icon
It was a lucky guess!

Himu

« Reply #3922 on: February 18, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »
Himuro was a skinny baby.  I fucked the shit out of him back in middle school.  

I weighed 2 1/2 pounds when I was born.  :-\
IYKYK

Robo

:lol :lol
obo

Himu

« Reply #3924 on: February 18, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »

What about vcr's/dvd players?
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
That's absurd. Mandark was calling me, so I could buy stocks for him.
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3926 on: February 18, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »

"Same father?" :rofl

One of my brothers is light skinned, but that's certainly no reason to ask such a stupid question. I mean, even if you were introduced to a family that obviously had adopted a child (say a white family with an Indian child), you still wouldn't raise the issue.

It's happened a couple times to me (and more times to my mom); she said she just says "I think so" and laughs so she doesn't get pissed. I just say "yea.."

Mupepe

• Icon
Doesn't happen with white folks, PD.

My sister is black and they always just ask "So who was adopted?  You or her?"  That's how white people roll.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
One of my best friends in the magnet program was Korean, and adopted by rich, older white folks. He had a birthday party and invited most of our class over, and one the kids asked if his father "stole him from a village back in 'nam". :lol
PSP

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
tities

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
One of my best friends in the magnet program was Korean, and adopted by rich, older white folks. He had a birthday party and invited most of our class over, and one the kids asked if his father "stole him from a village back in 'nam". :lol

:lol :lol :lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Send all that stuff to the appropriate thread, please.
PSP

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
Yeah, if somebody insults the fact that I am a white man from the south, I don't get offended. Anyone who insults my family is asking to die though.

There is a man that if he sees me, or I see him, one of us will die. Nobody, absolutely nobody, talks to my grandmother like that.
UK

Phoenix Dark

Mandark

• Icon
Yeah, if somebody insults the fact that I am a white man from the south, I don't get offended. Anyone who insults my family is asking to die though.

There is a man that if he sees me, or I see him, one of us will die. Nobody, absolutely nobody, talks to my grandmother like that.

A year from now:  "Local Man Kills Grandfather, Officials Missed Online Warnings"

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

A year from now:  "Local Man Kills Grandfather, Officials Missed Online Warnings"

PSP

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

T234

I never knew either of my Grandfathers. Thanks Mandark for reminding me of this fact :(
UK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Mandark's sharp humor once again turns into unintentional pain. Will he never learn?
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
Hey, I'm in the same boat as T234.  I never knew his grandfathers either.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Dickie Dee

___

T234

The only things I know about my Grandfathers is that they were hard-drinkin'-hard-fightin' gunslingers. My Great-Grandfather on my mom's side was a Mine Union head who was also a moonshiner that scared the police off by shooting at them to the point that they never came back :lol
UK

Phoenix Dark

omg

T234

Pretty much. Fightin' is in my blood.
UK

T234

Maybe.
UK

Dickie Dee

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:rofl @ the guy at the 1:16 mark

etiolate

Three pages on the common word "boy". Set the god damned word free. I am suffocated in a white guilt shithole every day, I don't need it online.

Plus I find it weird that all the racial slurs for arabs is basically the same for black people except they all start with something involving sand.

Most racial slurs fall back on taking the humanity away and referring it to previously established racial slurs. For example, the Irish were called clover monkeys and white apes in the past.

T234

I am a descendant of plantation owners from South Carolina. My ancestors literally owned slaves but I do not feel any guilt. I profited none from it. I have seen no benefit of slave labor. Therefore I care very little about that fact.
UK

Mandark

• Icon
Three pages on the common word "boy". Set the god damned word free. I am suffocated in a white guilt shithole every day, I don't need it online.

Yes, you are the real oppressed party in all this.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
:lol white guilt
fat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
The worst I have been called is Yeltsin.
Sausage distinguished black fellow
©ZH

etiolate

Yes, you are the real oppressed party in all this.

Misconstrue away.

Mandark

• Icon
Honkey, if the point of your post isn't that minorities use "white guilt" to create unfair boundaries of socially acceptable behavior and speech among white folks, what is the point?

Not using racially charged language has nothing to do with "white guilt".  It's about the baseline level of consideration required to Not Be An Asshole.

etiolate

Honkey, if the point of your post isn't that minorities use "white guilt" to create unfair boundaries of socially acceptable behavior and speech among white folks, what is the point?

Not using racially charged language has nothing to do with "white guilt".  It's about the baseline level of consideration required to Not Be An Asshole.

See, you're so many miles away from what I'm talking about. I'll just say you're quite a bit off.

First, white guilt is white guilt because it comes from white people and is continued by white people. Minorities don't want anything to do with it. Santa Cruz is flooded in white guilt, but it is an extremely white town. There is a hispanic population, but it lives at the edge of society. They don't get called beaners, they don't get called spics, but they don't own the nice homes, they clean them. No matter how much "consideration" is showed, it is a rather shallow form. White guilt is a patronizing and offensive pattern born of a past you should try to be disconnecting from instead of constantly re-invoking. It's part of an addiction to being offended when you should be working against harm. It is near close to even being a form of blackface. Instead of playing out the minstrel, they play out the outraged, but they don't have anything to do with outrage. They aren't the slave owners of the past and they aren't the minority today. But still they want to be outraged, so they too can be offended and have the power of offense that a minority has.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:27:35 PM by etiolate »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I don't know what to say to that.
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I am dazzled by this brilliant point of view
fat

Mupepe

• Icon
Groove.  Let the magic and the music get to you.  Life ain't so bad at all... when you're living Off the Wall! 

TONIGHT!  Gotta leave your 9 to 5 up on the shelf.  And just enjoy yourself.

Groove.  Let the magic and the music get to you.  Life ain't so bad at all... when you're living Off the Wall!