Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780663 times)

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yes, very much so.
PSP

Since this is a random link thread and all I might as well post this. It's a practice run of that script I posted a few posts up, the one that got produced. I'm still waiting for them to finish it up, but the dude who shot it sent me this a while back:

http://vimeo.com/6707497

The acting isn't all that, but from what I understand neither of these actors were in the actual film anyway, this was just done for a short test. Still weird seeing random people performing something I wrote though. :spin

Hollywood, maaaaaan :patel

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Did you at least fuck that girl?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Ah, man, it's not one of those "we found a dead body, so the best - albeit completely irrational - course of action is to cover it up" stories, is it?
PSP

I don't even know her name :'(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Ah, man, it's not one of those "we found a dead body, so the best - albeit completely irrational - course of action is to cover it up" stories, is it?

Pretty much. Again this was one of the first things I wrote, then sat on for a long time, so even I don't think much of it. Basically kids find a body, get freaked out, blow the scene, argue in the car, turn back, look for the body, have a run in with some people disposing the body. It's nothing too out there :lol

Mandark

• Icon

Hey, I liked The Trouble With Harry a lot.

Then again, I saw it like a decade ago so I'm not gonna vouch for my own opinion.  It does have Shirley MacLaine at peak cuteness, at the very least.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Quote from: Mandark
Hey, I liked The Trouble With Harry a lot.

Starring the late John Forsythe, no less!

Quote from: The Dark Shake
Basically kids find a body, get freaked out, blow the scene, argue in the car, turn back, look for the body, have a run in with some people disposing the body.

I would have given you mad props if you did something completely perverse, like ripoff Deadgirl, and write a story about a lonely twenty-something college coed named Maurice who finds a dead girl and puts the corpse up in his house like some kind of roommate.

It ends with Maurice walking into Buffalo Wild Wings with the corpse, the sound of police sirens being heard in the distance just a few minutes after he closes the entrance door.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:37:09 AM by The Fake Shemp »
PSP

It's too late now. :'(

But honestly I'm just surprised someone wanted to make it. The dude who directed it made it as his senior thesis project in like San Francisco or somewhere, and found it online basically by accident. I honestly wasn't expecting anything to ever come of that, so when he contacted me I just gave him the go-ahead since it's not something I'd really bother doing myself at this point. The closest I ever got was shooting this test: http://vimeo.com/7832939

Far as I can tell at least the finished film should look good; they shot it with a pretty large crew on a Red camera with various other nice trinkets, so it shouldn't look like a typical student film.

EDIT - You should be able to embed Vimeo links on here, no one clicks linked ones. :-\

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Himu is too passive, he never would've done that.  He lets his drunk roomie feel him up and shit. :lol
PS4

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
I would buy this guys autobiography
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392461&page=1

I think this is the fourth of fifth  :dizzy he's unleashed on the forum, great entertainment.
sad

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Don't fuck with Himu's oreos
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhQEBOD396pn9j62j1

This was the laziest fight I've ever seen in my life.  I thought one of them might have fallen asleep halfway in to it.

What a paradox. ::)

Phoenix Dark

Donono

When I clicked on it I thought it was referring to Amazon.com since the tagline was From "avatar" to Amazon... but then I beheld pictures of Cameron integrating with an Amazon tribe.

You call that integrating? At first glance I thought it was from an Onion article about some old man who wandered into the midst of a tribe meeting or some shit. :rofl

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Beezy

James Cameron is Jake Sully in... The Amazon.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-\
[close]

etiolate

This is a perfect example of why my friends stopped asking me to join their D&D games.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20714775&postcount=385

Ain't this the truth? Any way the Pope will never 'resign'  because if he does that it brings about apocalypse or something.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
So, the night before Mr. Cameron and his wife, Suzy Amis, arrived with three bodyguards, a dozen or so villagers gathered in the house of José Carlos Arara, the chief of the Arara tribe here, to watch a DVD of “Avatar.”

Lame, he didn't even bring the Blu-Ray version.
©@©™

Cheebs

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20714775&postcount=385

Ain't this the truth? Any way the Pope will never 'resign'  because if he does that it brings about apocalypse or something.
Clearly the Pope got himself involved in some really shifty stuff but the media will grow bored of it due to the Vatican's refusal to budge on its stance and everyone will move on to some other story.

Himu

Dawkins is being a git.

Why'd he have to announce this shit? That said, I do think the Pope should be arrested should he leave the Vatican.
IYKYK

People are acting like Dawkins and Hitchens announced they are setting some sort of trap for the Pope. If you read the article it says that they've just asked UK authorities to arrest him if he enters their country, as expected. Of course they want to announce this beforehand, because they're hoping public support will coerce said authorities into actually doing it. But chances are they won't, because religious zealots would go apeshit if their Pope were to wind up thrown in jail. No matter how much he deserves it.

Cheebs

This shitty Pope is all the more annoying because the last Pope was a pretty good guy by Pope standards (which Hitchens himself even said when he was on Bill Maher last week attacking the current Pope).

Himu

I can't see a pic of the current pope without the Darth Vader music booming in my head.

Dun dun dunnnnn dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dunnnn.

DUN DUN DUN DUN-DUN-DUN DUN-DUN-DUN

IYKYK

Has a Pope ever been arrested before? Is this sort of thing unprecedented? Something tells me even in the worst of scenarios the Pope would get a free pass just because he's the pope, which is all sorts of bullshit.

Himu

Has a Pope ever been arrested before? Is this sort of thing unprecedented? Something tells me even in the worst of scenarios the Pope would get a free pass just because he's the pope, which is all sorts of bullshit.
[youtube=560,345]SiXNUaSjXRY[/youtube]
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

The pope is pretty old, I can't imagine him being alive for too long. He'll probably die shortly after the next  bombshell revelation is exposed.

He covered up for pedophiles. That behavior would get you shitcanned from nearly every single possible "major" job except being pope apparently

Cheebs

I see Emperor Palpatine not Darth Vader

Yeah, and on top of all that other shit he really does look like an Old Republic supervillain or something. I would arrest him just to be on the safe side before he masterminds some plan to take over the world through Lex Luthoresque real estate schemes :yuck

Himu

I see Emperor Palpatine not Darth Vader
(Image removed from quote.)

Well, of course, but Darth's theme is what I think of as the Sith theme.
IYKYK

Himu

Oh and, that image is hilarious Cheebs.

He's like,"Negro balls are THIS BIG?"

or

"Let me feel your head, my child. Pray with me." *gets boner*
IYKYK

Cheebs

I just want to hug him looking at this face

Himu

Look at that crooked nose.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Has a Pope ever been arrested before? Is this sort of thing unprecedented?

Well, there was the Sack of Rome in 1527, where the Pope was taken captive. Not recently, no.

It's also been a long time since a Pope died during gay buttsex. :tauntaun
©@©™

Popes :tbslol

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Well, there was the Sack of Rome in 1527, where the Pope was taken captive. Not recently, no.

Popes use to be awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Sergius_III
http://www.oddee.com/item_96537.aspx
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:53:30 PM by Stoney Mason »

Game, set, match. :bow

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
They speak Danish in hell. I guess it sounds familiar enough to the untrained ear for her to confuse them.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
I can vouch for that.  Talk to anyone who thinks america is the end all be all and they can't tell you a thing about European or Scandinavian countries. 
sad

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]bGCwKT5PKRw[/youtube]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

Popes use to be awesome.

How badass would it be if some shit like this happened now?

Just imagine if Benedict dug up JP2's body and put it on trial in full papal vestments, and stripped it and threw it in a river. That would be so pimp.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:48:39 PM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

Stoney Mason

Ancient but new to me. And you don't really need a great excuse to post bikini's. slightly nsfw

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
[close]

Fresh Prince

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:04:05 PM by Fresh Prince »

drew

• sy
Popes use to be awesome.

more fodder to use against catholitards :hyper

Stoney Mason

Now this was a Pope: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Alexander_VI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banquet_of_Chestnuts :bow2

Which is why when people selectively make fun of the "new" religions I find it funny. There is something to be said about length of time taming the craziness of any organized religion but Christianity has any new religion beat on the crazy shit that officials have done in the past in the name of it.

Cheebs

I gotta give the catholics one thing despite having insanely corrupt leadership and freakishly odd amount of pedophilia they as church at least accept evolution unlike most protestant denominations.

That's something they can feel proud about right now at least.   :pimp

Fresh Prince

Catholic Church is basically 'big enough' to have everybody except 'out an proud' gays. There's a place for everyone in the Catholic Church :heart

drew

• sy
theres even a place for them!

so they can be "saved"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Now this was a Pope: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Alexander_VI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banquet_of_Chestnuts :bow2

Which is why when people selectively make fun of the "new" religions I find it funny. There is something to be said about length of time taming the craziness of any organized religion but Christianity has any new religion beat on the crazy shit that officials have done in the past in the name of it.

Well, to be fair, everybody was pretty fucked up in the Middle Ages. There was a lot of craziness back then.
©@©™

Fresh Prince

Money and power.

Now it's only power over children.

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
As a dude of the Christian faith, I am tired of the Pope (and Catholics at large) fucking up the message of the Bible and public perception. Same with thos mid-western hate mongers. I do not remember where it was in the Bible that it was all "Try as hard as you can to fuckin' hate shit that wigs you out and make sure you diddle some kiddy balls and cover it up, okay?".

Parts of the Bible are CRAZY BATSHIT (Like Deuteronomy, which is hilarious non-stop bad advice), but the messgae is always clear: "Do your best. You know how to be a good person. It will not be easy. You'll fuck it up. That's okay. But be patient and kind and take responsibility".

Point being: Don't lump us all together. Saying ALL CHRISTIANS ARE ASSHOLE NUTBAGS is as bad as assuming all Atheists are whacked out Satan worshippers looking to rape virginal young women.
wha

Beezy

Point being: Don't lump us all together. Saying ALL CHRISTIANS ARE ASSHOLE NUTBAGS is as bad as assuming all Atheists are whacked out Satan worshippers looking to rape virginal young women.
cosign

Himu

As a dude of the Christian faith, I am tired of the Pope (and Catholics at large) fucking up the message of the Bible and public perception. Same with thos mid-western hate mongers. I do not remember where it was in the Bible that it was all "Try as hard as you can to fuckin' hate shit that wigs you out and make sure you diddle some kiddy balls and cover it up, okay?".

Parts of the Bible are CRAZY BATSHIT (Like Deuteronomy, which is hilarious non-stop bad advice), but the messgae is always clear: "Do your best. You know how to be a good person. It will not be easy. You'll fuck it up. That's okay. But be patient and kind and take responsibility".

Who said all Christians or religious people are asshole nutbags? This issue solely is on the pope. :lol
IYKYK

drew

• sy
well, just the fact that you believe in a higher power makes you a nutbag :smug

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
haha religion

:smug