Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780396 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I don't know. This has never really be an issue for me either way whether its on GAF or over here. When I give my opinion on a game its me sort of just giving my opinion out to the world. It's kinda all about me. So if it sparks some interesting conversation cool. If it doesn't and nobody cares. That's cool to me too.

I'm not posting necessarily for other people. I'm posting to satisfy my desire to get something off my chest. I don't always agree with people here or on GAF. And if they don't agree with me that's cool too. There are plenty of games I like that forum types hate like GTA 4 and there are plenty of games that I think are over-rated tripe like Mirror's Edge that forum people masturbate too. It's all just opinions.

There is a level of discussion you can have with gaming professionsals (And that can be game devs or people who have a long and credible history of gaming and are intelligent) and there is a level you can have with the masses. Depending on what I desire at the moment determines where I post.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:02:41 AM by Stoney Mason »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
I like how me trolling over there on Sylar ended up causing a big shit storm over here.  :lol :lol :lol :lol
USA

Third

• BODY TALK
Internet. Serious Business.

Third

• BODY TALK
I actually wasn't talking to you...

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
smh @ the drama here

Get out and fuck some women people. Then change your avatar if you want to.

Thanks, guess that means I can continue to make drama  8)
fat

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Lay off Segata and move or I'll fucking cut you, people.

That's it, you're dead.

reported to demi and FBI for terrorism

Third

• BODY TALK
Internet drama.  8)
It's a miracle how Saint Corny hasn't popped up yet.

Smooth Groove

Saint Corny is really mellow nowadays.   :(

It's pretty hard to rile him up for one of his classic feuds that lead to threats of bodily harms or more. 

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Maybe I took the wrong approach to this forum from the get go.  It never occurred to me to treat this place the way I treat GAF.  Perhaps I'll give it a go.

I am excited by this :hyper
itm

Smooth Groove

that said, you have a point, but i have a REALLY hard time maintaining a serious dialogue about vidjagames these days -- even when i'm ranting, i am still thinking "lol videogames" and that will pervade ANY discussion i have, either here or on gaf. at some point, i lost all gravity when it comes to this hobby. they're great, disposable, largely goofy but almost never meaningful fun.

I completely agree, that's why I don't actively engage in serious discussion on the internet. By and large a vast majority of people out there have no clue what goes into game development and simply don't understand the process. By default you cannot have a serious discussion because there is no level of professional understanding involved. Y'all a bunch of dumb nerds that are constantly whining.

This is why I relish GDC so much. It's absolutely fantastic to be engaged in intellectual conversations about game design with peers and luminaries for an entire week (also the parties). Thankfully most of the game industry riff raff (journalists, forum nerds) don't go to that event so you avoid dumb shit conversations that's the status quo on gaming message boards.

This post is way too :smug

Makes me wanna punch your fat face!   :maf

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I guess you missed his previous post about the trophy wife and dream job
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
So, to play Devil's Advocate for a second, how come GAF is still so big and EB is still so tiny?

Because this forum tends to be extremely negative and bitter about everything (not just GAF). Most people don't want to be around that.

I'm just intrigued that despite all the bitching I hear about GAF from folks both here and IRL (which happens, when you're friends with people like DCharlie and Sho Nuff...), everyone still seems to prefer to it to somewhere that they AREN'T tightly moderated. Personally, I don't need any more than EB, king of forums :bow2
GAF sucks, it really does. It's this weird Planet Hollywood-like thing, where people show up hoping to rub against celebrity, or feel like they're participating in the creation of their favorite hobby, even indirectly... but they're really just having a hamburger and milkshake. Except in the NeoGAF restaurant, your waiter can kick you out if you don't say nice things about the food, or if you compare it to any other restaurant.

Evilbore forevs.

Third

• BODY TALK
Saint Corny is really mellow nowadays.   :(

It's pretty hard to rile him up for one of his classic feuds that lead to threats of bodily harms or more. 

He only gets mad when I troll the machine he uses to lure kids with.

Say one bad thing about the Wii, and he pops up. I swear.

Third

• BODY TALK

You have to admit, the internet would be pretty fucking boring without the internet drama.  Like, do trolls even have a purpose if someone doesn't bitch-cry from their trolls?

Therefore, internet drama is  :gun  and  :hump anyone who disagrees

and :hump anyone who agrees

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:hump
[close]

Me rikey thees. :drool

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
the fuck is going on in here

magus

• LIKES FF7
that said, you have a point, but i have a REALLY hard time maintaining a serious dialogue about vidjagames these days -- even when i'm ranting, i am still thinking "lol videogames" and that will pervade ANY discussion i have, either here or on gaf. at some point, i lost all gravity when it comes to this hobby. they're great, disposable, largely goofy but almost never meaningful fun.

I completely agree, that's why I don't actively engage in serious discussion on the internet. By and large a vast majority of people out there have no clue what goes into game development and simply don't understand the process. By default you cannot have a serious discussion because there is no level of professional understanding involved. Y'all a bunch of dumb nerds that are constantly whining.

This is why I relish GDC so much. It's absolutely fantastic to be engaged in intellectual conversations about game design with peers and luminaries for an entire week (also the parties). Thankfully most of the game industry riff raff (journalists, forum nerds) don't go to that event so you avoid dumb shit conversations that's the status quo on gaming message boards.

ahahahahah yea! dude we talk about manga and movies even tough none of us has a clue what goes into "manga development" or "movies development"

just chill out! :smug
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Oh, I know. I was just poking the proverbial stomach :smug
fat

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
http://metal-torrents.com/YWL/forums/showpost.php?p=6265&postcount=453

Look you guys pushed someone else away.

And stop posting that fucking face.
Boo

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You shut the fuck up. We're having a moment here. :smug
fat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
goddamn 503 errors

i just want my vidyagaem news

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Yea, Cheebs "got bored and quit" :lol

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
eb or wyl?

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
itm

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
goddamn 503 errors

i just want my vidyagaem news

English sites are gonna be slow until the mighty ducks of football's lack of skill finally catches up to them.

They're going on so more 500 Errors :punch
:9

Robo

http://metal-torrents.com/YWL/forums/showpost.php?p=6265&postcount=453

Look you guys pushed someone else away.

And stop posting that fucking face.

Raban isn't gonna get along on any forum until he figures out how to stop making it serious business.  The moment someone calls him out for having questionable taste, he gets overly defensive, throws a fit and takes off.  This is like the third or fourth time he's "left" the Bore.
obo

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Evilore should really follow up on the warranty for the e-Machine thats running GAF :smug
:9

Smooth Groove

Hey buddy, relax! I love EB and I'm always on the game forum talking up a storm. Plus I'd fucking obliterate you.

I made that post to counter the typical forum bottom dweller sentiment that videogames can't have any serious discourse. They absolutely can but it's not with the majority of forum distinguished mentally-challenged fellows out there who bitch and moan about video games at the drop of a hat. It's also painfully true that a majority of the people out there have no fucking clue what goes on in game development so by default serious discussion is out of the question when no one involved has any grasp on the topic at hand. You can't get serious when it's just idle banter about a hobby you enjoy and it doesn't mean you can't have FUN and light hearted conversations!

:smug

I guess you missed his previous post about the trophy wife and dream job

You were in there too when I said "amazing friends".

:smug

Someone PMed me to complain that my posts are too angry and requests that I'll be nicer in the future.   :-\

So even though that was just part of my usual friendly trash talking, I'm sorry, Slime.   :'(

I won't do anything to harm your lovely fat face. 

cool breeze

smooth groove's angry posts are hilarious.  It makes him sound like a king.

While I'm at it, I'm happy that your posting again, Segata. It's fun reading your posts on the gaming forum!

It'll take me a little bit to get into the water again but I'll give it a shot.

some people may have had bladder problems near the shallow end.  just saying.

Smooth Groove

Someone PMed me to complain that my posts are too angry and requests that I'll be nicer in the future.   :-\

So even though that was just part of my usual friendly trash talking, I'm sorry, Slime.   :'(

I won't do anything to harm your lovely fat face. 

Oh wtf, you never need to apologize to me. I'm being a smug dick, I deserve it! :rofl

Plus that shit is funny.

:bow Smooth Groove :bow2

:-*

:hump

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Get a room
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I heard that it takes him a bit to get wet after he shoots. :-*

It's understandable, sex can be a strenuous activity.

[close]
fat

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
While I'm at it, I'm happy that your posting again, Segata. It's fun reading your posts on the gaming forum!

50 points to the best twisting of those words into a sexual statement.

this. you're one of the smartest motherfuckers at gaf, and i'd like to see you post here more often. we're just assholes is all!
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
So, to play Devil's Advocate for a second, how come GAF is still so big and EB is still so tiny?

Because this forum tends to be extremely negative and bitter about everything (not just GAF). Most people don't want to be around that.

I'm just intrigued that despite all the bitching I hear about GAF from folks both here and IRL (which happens, when you're friends with people like DCharlie and Sho Nuff...), everyone still seems to prefer to it to somewhere that they AREN'T tightly moderated. Personally, I don't need any more than EB, king of forums :bow2
GAF sucks, it really does. It's this weird Planet Hollywood-like thing, where people show up hoping to rub against celebrity, or feel like they're participating in the creation of their favorite hobby, even indirectly... but they're really just having a hamburger and milkshake. Except in the NeoGAF restaurant, your waiter can kick you out if you don't say nice things about the food, or if you compare it to any other restaurant.

Evilbore forevs.

Fucking nailed it.

:bow Chronovore :bow2

And fuck Planet Hollywood, it's a seriously shitty restaurant.

evilbore is the greasy dive where the d-listers -- the gary colemans and kathy griffins -- of the industry ACTUALLY hang out and try to grab your junk.
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
fourthmeal
sup

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
It's a miracle how Saint Corny hasn't popped up yet.

Fuck yourself Thirst, you beautiful fucking fhagurt

I did threaten to cut a hole in someones' belly and then fuck the wound, but people could see right through it  :'(

Say one bad thing about the Wii, and he pops up. I swear.

You know what it is, cockbreath? The few friends that I have in real life aren't as fucking |33+ as I am. The Wii makes it fun for all of my friends to join in. I don't even play it much when I'm by myself.

But you're fucking waaaaaaaaay worse than I am with the PS3. You're infatuated with that thing.

evilbore is the greasy dive where the d-listers -- the gary colemans and kathy griffins -- of the industry ACTUALLY hang out and try to grab your junk.

yo show some respect

RIP gary coleman
dap

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

this. you're one of the smartest motherfuckers at gaf, and i'd like to see you post here more often. we're just assholes is all!

man-crush
 :supergay

Smooth Groove

EB is Hot Dog on a Stick?

Brehvolution

Did Mojovonio survive the earthquake?  :o

Malek?
©ZH

Bebpo

omg you are back

YAY

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

man-crush
 :supergay

i'd totally sidehug him
duc

Smooth Groove

I dunno, "smartest motherfuckers at gaf" seems more backhanded compliment than respect knuckles.  

Costanza

Evilbore forevs.
awesome  :lol

OptimoPeach

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/64059437

The best thread I've seen on /v/ in weeks. Ah, Seinfeld
hi5

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
that other forum is down already!  :-\
UNF

magus

• LIKES FF7
that other forum is down already!  :-\
just like gaf! :smug
sorry i couldn't resist the joke :-[
[close]
<----

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR

Malek?

I'm the only one left. :'(

I had to eat the others.  :shh :drool
[close]
fek

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
[youtube=560,345]3zfWhZ8_-JM[/youtube]

Brehvolution

Malek?

[close]

I can't believe I forgot you.  :duh

Obviously you survived. Did you feel anything?
©ZH

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
:bow[youtube=560,345]FtX8nswnUKU[/youtube]:bow2
:piss[youtube=560,345]zipbWRj_C8c[/youtube]:piss2

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR

[close]

I can't believe I forgot you.  :duh

Obviously you survived. Did you feel anything?

Yeah, it shook around here a bit, I was honestly dumbfounded as to what it was. The fridge in the office rattled, making me think it was on the fritz, but then the old heat registers started as well. I'm a good ways away from where it happened though.
fek

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Malek?

what no concern for me?

(I slept through it :-[ )
MMA

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
Now we just had a tornado hit not too far from here. Made the roof of the old building I'm in leak and got my laptop and 360 wet.  :'(

Crazy day!
fek

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Another shitty poster joins, ok? I can see the appreciation for this board now. They can have the crap.
fat

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
I was all going to be like demi just jealous and then I saw who it and was like yeah they can have him.

Skidmark

I just found this guy on twitter:
http://twitter.com/OldFunnyJoker

Here are some of his tweets:

What's the difference between a paedophile and a terrorist? A paedophile actually gets his virgins.

"When God closes a door, he opens a window." Sounds to me like he's preparing for a shit

Hermaphrodite's are cocky cunts.

In the name of honesty I think Justin Bieber should change his last name to Barrassing.

Do you like hot women that scream in bed? Check out the burns unit at the hospital.

Don't get dumped if you live near the Gulf of Mexico. There aren't plenty more fish in the sea.

Aaah now I get it. The church is against abortions because they want more children to fuck.

Good stuff.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Drunk

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
"Do you think the guy who invented the vibrator heard voices saying 'if you build it, they will come' ?"

:rofl
Drunk

etiolate

What's the difference between a paedophile and a terrorist? A paedophile actually gets his virgins.
2:05 AM Jun 19th via web

holy shit