Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781071 times)

Robo

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #17820 on: November 06, 2010, 11:12:37 PM »
That isn't exactly true -- many DKC levels had multiple hidden barrel routes that would bypass lengthy platforming sections.  They're essentially little more than shortcuts, though.

Anyway, I've always thought the problem isn't so much with the path, but rather that all of the levels are just very repetitive and simplistic obstacle courses.  The challenge is nil, there's hardly any variance between levels beyond the type of level (outside, cave, underwater, mine) and the meaningless backdrop, and the animal companions are just there for the fuck of it and don't really shake up the gameplay whatsoever.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:36:29 PM by Robo »
obo

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #17821 on: November 06, 2010, 11:44:30 PM »
Wrong thread

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #17822 on: November 06, 2010, 11:55:49 PM »
[youtube=560,345]CPJowXgH3YU[/youtube]
 :lol

Pringo

« Reply #17823 on: November 07, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »
I still love DKC, but I understand those who hate it. Understanding would help the world deal with all its problems. So everybody, understand  :spin

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #17824 on: November 07, 2010, 12:07:33 AM »
[youtube=560,345]Whg7OmDF9V4&  [/youtube]

This is nice and smooth

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17825 on: November 07, 2010, 12:15:13 AM »
song is cool, brunette playing guitar is hot; less focus on cee-lo more in women in cat suits
From the same series
[youtube=560,345]ra6t2n1H7KU[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:18:31 AM by Fresh Prince »

Robo

« Reply #17826 on: November 07, 2010, 12:20:14 AM »
[youtube=560,345]Whg7OmDF9V4& [youtube]

This is nice and smooth

Much better than the original.
obo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #17827 on: November 07, 2010, 12:21:49 AM »
[youtube=560,345]eON2vICh-rk[/youtube]

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17828 on: November 07, 2010, 12:29:34 AM »
[youtube=560,345]eON2vICh-rk[youtube]
smh at both our peoples

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #17829 on: November 07, 2010, 12:42:29 AM »
[youtube=560,345]eON2vICh-rk[youtube]
smh at both our peoples

I bet that room smelled so bad. Deodorant, niccas, have you heard of it

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17830 on: November 07, 2010, 01:00:11 AM »
[youtube=560,345]CPJowXgH3YU[/youtube]

:rofl
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #17832 on: November 07, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #17833 on: November 07, 2010, 01:42:21 PM »

Oh man, so good.
SRY

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #17834 on: November 07, 2010, 03:36:09 PM »

I wish I knew more about comedic British actors.  One of those dudes was in Hot Fuzz.
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17835 on: November 07, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »

I wish I knew more about comedic British actors.  One of those dudes was in Hot Fuzz.

Watch the series I'm Alan Partridge, it stars Steve Coogan [the guy who does the impression in the second half of that clip].
dog

Oblivion

« Reply #17836 on: November 07, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »
I haven't followed the gaming side of gaf for like the past year and a half, cause for whatever reason I seemed to have lost a lot of interest in gaming (or rather following gaming) save for a few titles here and there. Seems I picked a bad time to return to that part of the forum. Without NPD numbers, sales threads are pretty much useless- which sucks for me being a salestard and all- many good posters like stoney and drohne don't seem to post there much any more and the good posters that still post there can't be found thanks to the lack of a search engine. Bleh.

Segata left GAF? 
Oscar, whyyyyy  :-\

I really hate posters like Kevincow. They just can't accept other opinions. Fucking douchebags.

Didn't Segata 'leave' before only to come back a few months later?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:49:07 PM by Oblivion »

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #17837 on: November 07, 2010, 10:58:30 PM »
:bow

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #17838 on: November 07, 2010, 11:21:55 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #17839 on: November 07, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

ToxicAdam

« Reply #17840 on: November 08, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »

Quoted for a new page.

Awww hell no.

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17841 on: November 08, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »
So awesome.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #17842 on: November 08, 2010, 12:18:44 AM »

are you kidding me?  :lol :lol :lol
MMA

bachikarn

« Reply #17843 on: November 08, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »
Variation of the "wrong ball, coach" play, I guess. Pretty sick.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #17844 on: November 08, 2010, 12:25:37 AM »
[youtube=560,345]cncnlGX5g0E[/youtube]
Hi

Himu

« Reply #17845 on: November 08, 2010, 12:51:34 AM »
The first time I said I was leaving, I was gone for six months and then came back because a couple of my friends were asking me to.  The other two times I left, there were always intended to be and stated to be "breaks"... just a month or two off to enjoy the summer, usually. 

I've no intention of this one being a "break", and the friends who asked me to come back before aren't there anymore.  I won't be going back this time.  Nor can I.  I made a random password change on my account, so I couldn't log in even if I wanted to.

:-*
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

« Reply #17846 on: November 08, 2010, 01:23:16 AM »

Battle of the Network Stars photo from 1978. How many can you name?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Back row, from left: Sparky Anderson, Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford; NBC team (white shirts): William Shatner, Caskay Swaim, William Devane, Wendy Rastattar, Robert Conrad, Brianne Leary, Joseph Bottoms, Pamela Hensley; CBS team (green shirts): Charlene Tilton, LeVar Burton, Valerie Bertinelli, Pat Klous, Lou Ferrigno, David Letterman, Tim Reid, McLean Stevenson; ABC team (red shirts): Richard Hatch, Gabe Kaplan, Robin Williams, Joyce DeWitt, Billy Crystal, Robert Urich, Maren Jensen, Debby Boone
[close]

Himu

« Reply #17847 on: November 08, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »
CBS has two black guys.
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17848 on: November 08, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
CBS has two black guys.
I think having letterman on your team is a handicap.

Himu

« Reply #17849 on: November 08, 2010, 01:52:22 AM »
but CBS has The Black Stallion
IYKYK

Fresh Prince

« Reply #17850 on: November 08, 2010, 01:56:30 AM »
TBS or this LeVar guy they only play white people sports like tennis.

Himu

« Reply #17851 on: November 08, 2010, 02:47:51 AM »
Any man with Le-whatever as his name is a black man.
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17852 on: November 08, 2010, 03:12:01 AM »
:9

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #17853 on: November 08, 2010, 05:38:14 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol
___

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #17854 on: November 08, 2010, 06:05:41 AM »

:africacry

:banplz :elephant :banplz
地平線

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17855 on: November 08, 2010, 06:08:38 AM »
They eat da' poopoo

And I love how 8000 victims rotting in some camp takes a sidelines to a bunch of exposed homos

Raban

• The baby...
SRY

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17857 on: November 08, 2010, 08:14:05 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Battle of the Network Stars photo from 1978. How many can you name?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Back row, from left: Sparky Anderson, Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford; NBC team (white shirts): William Shatner, Caskay Swaim, William Devane, Wendy Rastattar, Robert Conrad, Brianne Leary, Joseph Bottoms, Pamela Hensley; CBS team (green shirts): Charlene Tilton, LeVar Burton, Valerie Bertinelli, Pat Klous, Lou Ferrigno, David Letterman, Tim Reid, McLean Stevenson; ABC team (red shirts): Richard Hatch, Gabe Kaplan, Robin Williams, Joyce DeWitt, Billy Crystal, Robert Urich, Maren Jensen, Debby Boone
[close]

Valerie Bertinelli om nom nom nom :drool
©@©™

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #17858 on: November 08, 2010, 09:51:42 AM »
One more from interesting photo from reddit (I'm just as surprised as you are):

(Image removed from quote.)

Composite image of 160,000 faces from Sydney, Australia, showing the average "Face of Sydney"

I thought it was meant to show how a few mouth lines and some extra hair make a man look like a woman :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17859 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »
I think what.cd put in place a different way ratio is calculated? 'cause I've gone from like .10 to .36 in a short amount of time. That or maybe I've downloaded a golden torrent that a lot of people want. I downloaded a good amount of freeleach stuff a while ago but this ratio bump happened fairly recently. Either way, feels good man.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17860 on: November 08, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »
I got fucked over the other day on there. My required ratio was .18, then I logged in the next day and it was .30, so now i'm probably going ot be banned because no one downloads shit there.
USA

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17861 on: November 08, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »
Yeah, thats a bitch. I'm near the ratio watch point but not quite there. The only thing you can do is find some obscure CD at a flea market and upload a FLAC version of it. Even if its B-Side Stevie B sheeit.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #17862 on: November 08, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
My ratio is over 2. :smug
AMC

Himu

« Reply #17863 on: November 08, 2010, 11:28:24 AM »
I think what.cd put in place a different way ratio is calculated? 'cause I've gone from like .10 to .36 in a short amount of time. That or maybe I've downloaded a golden torrent that a lot of people want. I downloaded a good amount of freeleach stuff a while ago but this ratio bump happened fairly recently. Either way, feels good man.

Ditto. I went from 720 mb to 800 something mb in like a night and now my ratio is .99. What the fuck.

What settings do you guys use to seed?
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17864 on: November 08, 2010, 11:32:01 AM »
I can never get anyone to seed from me :(.

If I put up the Bully Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC form, will you guys grab it form me? Please help a brother out
USA

Himu

« Reply #17865 on: November 08, 2010, 11:33:27 AM »
sure
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17866 on: November 08, 2010, 12:03:08 PM »
http://what.cd/torrents.php?id=808187

The FLAC and MP3 are mine, thanks. Hope i'm connectable.
USA

Himu

« Reply #17867 on: November 08, 2010, 12:17:06 PM »
dling and gonna seed too.

where's my gift cert for sa :(
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17868 on: November 08, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
Thanks wish my uplaod was faster.

And I don't know, I sent them a email and they STILL haven't responded back to me, it's like waht the fuck. I'll see if theres a number today.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17869 on: November 08, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »
I sent them another email.

In other news, I hate my custom title, I just got this PM :

sadly I forget his name but first I must ask you, are you all bark and no bite?

:(
USA

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #17870 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »
I'm still running off the slack I got from the Beatles remasters from last year.  I uploaded 20 gigs of that shit when it was freeleach.  I had a ratio of like 5 for a while.  :lol
püp

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17871 on: November 08, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »
For those of you having problems with a low ratio on what.cd I'd really suggest trying out renting a seedbox for a month. I know some people are really against the "paying money to pirate" kind of philosophy but for like the $30 or so it'll cost for one month you should be set for quite a while. I've found the torrenting experience on that site is a lot better when you've got a huge buffer built up so you don't have to worry about trying to calculate your new ratio every time you want to download something. A part of the problem with what is that so many other users have really fast upload speeds/use seeboxes that it becomes an incredible challenge to seed much of anything on a normal or mediocre internet connection considering how the bittorrent protocol gives upload priority to the users with the fastest connections.

I think I got 30-40 GB uploaded within a month using a seedox without much effort, which should last for a long time unless you're a serious music junkie with a taste for lossless audio.

How odes a seedbox work?
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17872 on: November 08, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »
Damn I have to look into that. I'm getting like 30 kB/ps on my PC and that sucks majorly, and i odn't want to lose my account  :'(

How easy are they to set up?
USA

Pringo

« Reply #17873 on: November 08, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »
Damn I have to look into that. I'm getting like 30 kB/ps on my PC and that sucks majorly, and i odn't want to lose my account  :'(

How easy are they to set up?

They set up everything for you and then just give you the username and password to login to the web client. There's not really anything you have to do yourself.

However the site says they get your seedbox set up in 0-12 hours and I've found it's occasionally longer than that (like a day or two).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:53:00 PM by Pringo »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #17874 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #17875 on: November 08, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #17876 on: November 08, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #17879 on: November 08, 2010, 04:05:52 PM »