Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780371 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #20040 on: December 30, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »
I'm finally got my permban over at GAF
 8)

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #20041 on: December 30, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
what'd you do
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #20042 on: December 30, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »

no,i played final fantasy 4 warriors of light and i can tell you this is absolutely not true,truth is for all the flack he gets,the only guy with some talent currently working inside squaresoft is nomura,they can make FF15 for anything but trust me as soon as they decide to put akitoshi kawazu at the helm it's already ruined

Kingdom Hearts: BBS was great and PE3 sounds great! Meanwhile, FF4 remake owned and THEWY wasn't bad.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20043 on: December 30, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »
what'd you do

Poked at a PC gamer. It was really nothing honestly. Certainly not worth a perm. But ever since I started picking on the moderation they've had a short fuse with me.

The perm comment was something like you've worn out your welcome essentially.

Himu

« Reply #20044 on: December 30, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »
Haha, which pc gamer?

I'm tempted to retrieve my pw and troll Brain Stew.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20045 on: December 30, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »
Haha, which pc gamer?

I'm tempted to retrieve my pw and troll Brain Stew.

ghst.

Last time I got banned it was for trolling Brain Stew though.
 :smug

Shuri

« Reply #20046 on: December 30, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
Stoney, I tip my hat to you, you went down fighting with class. Only reason ghst is tolerated is because he's rumored to be a high ranking industry person or some bullshit. Like most pc gamerr, he's stuck in a 2001 gameplay timeloop

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:24:20 PM by Shuri »

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #20047 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »
lol, I banned ghst and evilore reduced it.  They're good pals on IRC.  ghst is an asshat.

Shuri

« Reply #20048 on: December 30, 2010, 09:43:52 PM »
lol, I banned ghst and evilore reduced it.  They're good pals on IRC.  ghst is an asshat.
That's hilarious

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #20049 on: December 30, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »
The perks of owning a site are infinite, I guess.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #20050 on: December 30, 2010, 10:32:24 PM »
Stony was a quality poster the vast majority of the time. You'd think good peoples would be given the benefit of the doubt over assholes

Posting in the gaming forum is rarely a good idea

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #20051 on: December 30, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
calling vagrant story poorly written is akin to giving unforgiven a 6/10, i.e. your credibility is clearly and possibly permanently absent
duc

cool breeze

« Reply #20052 on: December 30, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
final fantasy 15 could be awesome if they spend the budget on making grandia 4

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #20053 on: December 30, 2010, 11:29:12 PM »
[youtube=560,345]Nv32onsjaeE[youtube]
 :lol

:rofl white people
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20054 on: December 30, 2010, 11:54:34 PM »
final fantasy 15 could be awesome if they spend the budget on making grandia 4

YES! *daps*

If you can make Final Fantasy X-2, you can surely make Grandia II-2 right?

[youtube=560,345]I0s3DQMbciY[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]D-w8UvQe16w[/youtube]

[youtube=560,345]JurH-KfEW68[/youtube]

Grandia :rock
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:02:02 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #20055 on: December 31, 2010, 12:05:52 AM »
[youtube=560,345]2W7umbazJFM[/youtube]

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20056 on: December 31, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »
Stony was a quality poster the vast majority of the time. You'd think good peoples would be given the benefit of the doubt over assholes

Posting in the gaming forum is rarely a good idea

It's no biggee. I only posted about it to make the point I always make. That its a shitty forum. Not because they banned me per se. But for the reason I got banned in relation to whom they don't ban.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:10:58 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20057 on: December 31, 2010, 01:03:30 AM »
Best moments of the best Star Wars film ever.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
 :bow2

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #20058 on: December 31, 2010, 01:27:39 AM »
Grandia II was the shiznit!

:bow Dreamcast RPGs :bow2

:rock Grandia 2 is my favourite JRPG ever
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20059 on: December 31, 2010, 01:41:51 AM »
Best moments of the best Star Wars film ever.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
 :bow2

I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to watch Star Wars in 77 or 78 as a kid, be blown away by it, and then get all excited because a brand new Star Wars movies is coming on television...only to see this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:44:25 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #20060 on: December 31, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »

japaness school girls mmmmm

Himu

IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20062 on: December 31, 2010, 01:56:42 AM »
I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to watch Star Wars in 77 or 78 as a kid, be blown away by it, and then get all excited because a brand new Star Wars movies is coming on television...only to see this.

I bet a lot of kids liked it at the time. Or at least parts of it. But if you were older than maybe 18 or something and saw it I'm sure you were like WTF though. Those bits with Bea Arthur and Harvey Korman are surreal.

It's always been a sign to me that Lucas is an asshole by the way he pretends it doesn't exist. A really cool person would be like yeah its fucked up and such but let's have a laugh about the whole thing. Instead he takes the whole thing so seriously.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:07:12 AM by Stoney Mason »

Shuri

« Reply #20063 on: December 31, 2010, 01:58:44 AM »
Dko5's post in the arena shooter just destroyed the entire thread  :lol. Dude was a top level elite player on pc AND console (was even invited to Korea)  and just went and said that both support are completely valid.

The weekend warriors and wannabes just got owned.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20064 on: December 31, 2010, 02:05:22 AM »
Dko5's post in the arena shooter just destroyed the entire thread  :lol. Dude was a top level elite player on pc AND console (was even invited to Korea)  and just went and said that both support are completely valid.

The weekend warriors and wannabes just got owned.

The whole thread was incredibly dumb in the first place. Not the idea of it. It's fine to like those sort of shooters and celebrate them. Invariably though a certain faction (the pc brigade on that board) will always come in and start the usual bullshit that everybody should be playing only Quake on a PC like its the 90's and that's the only real game that counts. And the usual tired keyboard/mouse versus dual analog debate. It's like their still arguing the same shit that nobody cares about.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #20065 on: December 31, 2010, 02:06:05 AM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #20066 on: December 31, 2010, 02:26:41 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:nsfw
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:11:09 AM by Father_Mike »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20067 on: December 31, 2010, 03:29:32 AM »
The funny bit is I can guarantee I've been gaming longer on a PC and pre PC compatible machines than Evilore has and 99% of those dudes in that thread. I just don't measure my cock size with it.

:smug

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #20068 on: December 31, 2010, 04:29:40 AM »
calling vagrant story poorly written is akin to giving unforgiven a 6/10, i.e. your credibility is clearly and possibly permanently absent

oh come on guys i'm not calling the game badly written but i don't see the goodness either... here's the thing,i can barely remember a thing about vagrant story plot

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i think at the end it turns out there was a magical tatoo and what was the villain for the 99% of the game ends up not being the villain? seriously i got nothing...
[close]

heck i can barely remember a thing about the plot everytime that jerk matsuno is involved,so yeah down with the man!
<----

archie4208

« Reply #20069 on: December 31, 2010, 07:36:44 AM »
You had it coming, Stoney. No wonder you are the only person I am ignoring here, I despise your anti-PC stance and your warezing ("I will try this game on PC, then buy it for 360"  :wag) ways.

Good job on that perm, Evilore. :american

But yeah whatever. Nobody can catch up with gaf's moderation rules.

I like how people treat you as a martyr at GAF even though you are nothing but a dirty console pleb now.  :teehee

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #20070 on: December 31, 2010, 07:43:10 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25146743&postcount=202

Someone call this distinguished mentally-challenged fellow out for me, please.  Ask that dumbfuck to find another sports car with the same performance for $40k.  I fucking hate gaffers when they talk about cars. 

ACTIVATE MY NEW ACCOUNT, EVILORE!
He's probably just pissy about the styling or the plastic body panels or something stupid like that.

Herr Mafflard

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #20071 on: December 31, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »
Gonna play deus ex 3 on a console smh

archie4208

« Reply #20072 on: December 31, 2010, 08:28:19 AM »

Hollywood magic :bow2

Reality  :-\

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #20073 on: December 31, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »
who is that
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #20074 on: December 31, 2010, 08:37:04 AM »
it looks like kd lang

or shemp from the three stooges
sup

Chinner

« Reply #20075 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:44 AM »
its kate perry.

also i'll miss u stoney.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #20076 on: December 31, 2010, 08:40:18 AM »
wow, hahaha
sup

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #20077 on: December 31, 2010, 09:12:36 AM »
Posted by her husband, I assume she just woke up.

It doesn't even look like her head though.
___

Himu

« Reply #20078 on: December 31, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
its kate perry.

holy shit

and chinner how can you keep trolling gaf? it got to the point where the only posts i could make were trolls and it was boring
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #20079 on: December 31, 2010, 09:52:22 AM »
wtf i thought it was spider man
pcp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #20080 on: December 31, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »
Her boobs don't need makeup so it's all good

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20081 on: December 31, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »
The pic is a bit unfair. No one looks especially great rolling out of bed first thing in the morning. That being said she was never all that anyway. She has an average face and big tits. That's not a shock.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #20082 on: December 31, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »
real girl who just woke up looks average in the morning without professional makeup.  news at 11.

i bet all those faggots on gaf are saying "ew would not hit"  i want to see what their girlfriend, wives or moms look up when they wake up next to them.  fucking homos. 

i'd still smang the fucking shit out of it and spend 2 hours just adoring the titties. suck my balls, i fucked katy perry you fucking cool young dude ticklers.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #20083 on: December 31, 2010, 12:14:37 PM »
I don't think she looks particularly awful, she just has a goofy ass expression on her face mixed with some weird hair thing going.
___

Skidmark

« Reply #20084 on: December 31, 2010, 12:26:45 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20085 on: December 31, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
 :lol
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #20086 on: December 31, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
what that chart doesn't tell you is that it works in reverse if the game is niche enough
<----

Himu

« Reply #20087 on: December 31, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
what that chart doesn't tell you is that it works in reverse if the game is niche enough

:'(
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

« Reply #20088 on: December 31, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »
I always compared that review system to school grades, where things might get graded 1-100 but a 51 is NOT an average score, it's a D-, an average is I think a C, in the 70s.

Never bothered me, *shrug*
___

Himu

« Reply #20089 on: December 31, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »
4 star systems is best system
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20090 on: December 31, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »
The best system is actually reading a review and simply just taking it as one opinion among many which you may or may not agree with.

In general the bigger the scale the more bullshit it is though. 4 or 5 star systems are fine. The more you go beyond that the more bullshit it gets because its just there to spout a bunch of nonsense to justify the scale and devalue the actual words.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:56:36 PM by Stoney Mason »

Himu

« Reply #20091 on: December 31, 2010, 01:02:25 PM »
yeah, i'm not saying rating scales should replace actual content but the 10 scale is universally awful.

Then again, thanks to the 5 scale, on netflix I can easily put Josie and the Pussycats on par with Lord of the Rings because I "loved" it, which is a four rating. It's not like I'm saying I enjoy them  nearly the same, but when someone sees that hey! I rated Josie and the Pussycats and Lord of the Rings the same score that means I think they're the same quality or some shit when it's not the case.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20092 on: December 31, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »
Then again, thanks to the 5 scale, on netflix I can easily put Josie and the Pussycats on par with Lord of the Rings because I "loved" it, which is a four rating. It's not like I'm saying I enjoy them  nearly the same, but when someone sees that hey! I rated Josie and the Pussycats and Lord of the Rings the same score that means I think they're the same quality or some shit when it's not the case.

Yeah I never run into this issue but then that's because I don't think a scale is supposed to do that. I think a scale is just supposed to say how much you like something generally and then words or conversation are supposed to distinguish how much you like something compared to something else. A scale shouldn't be the end all measure of something.

I like the movie Anchorman. I also like Schindler's List. If I give them both 5 stars that doesn't mean I think they are the same thing quality wise. I'm not sure it even applies there in a comparative sense so why should it for videogames that belong in different genres.

It's a very modern internet phenomenon to try to put everything on this scale of a>b>c>d>e.

My mind doesn't even work like that.

It's possible for A>B in some areas while at the same times it's possible for A<B in some areas and often that is far more informative then trying to make some blanket statement like A>B on some universal scale.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:10:05 PM by Stoney Mason »

Dickie Dee

« Reply #20093 on: December 31, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
I like Roger Ebert's view on rating a movie on what it's trying to be, not piting all movies on the same absolute playing field.
___

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20094 on: December 31, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »
you people are stupid. the more someone can tune their review score the more accurately they can tell you how good/bad it is. saying numbers r dum isn't the problem. a proper review has an accurate number and a proper article. the old gamespot system was the best. sorry but there is a different between a 9.1 and a 9.9
it was in the text that you got a proper understanding why this game over here was only slightly better than this game over here.

at the end of the day the absolute best way to consume video game reviews is video reviews. hearing a person talk about it and hearing their tone is far better than a number or an article.
nat

Dickie Dee

« Reply #20095 on: December 31, 2010, 02:17:10 PM »
you people are stupid. the more someone can tune their review score the further they can dig inside their rectum to give you an accurate number

___

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20096 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
you people are stupid. the more someone can tune their review score the more accurately they can tell you how good/bad it is. saying numbers r dum isn't the problem. a proper review has an accurate number and a proper article. the old gamespot system was the best. sorry but there is a different between a 9.1 and a 9.9
it was in the text that you got a proper understanding why this game over here was only slightly better than this game over here.

Not at all. Someone telling me something is 9.1 or 9.2 or 9.3 or 9.9 is absolutely useless. I have no idea what those distinctions mean. All it is, is an arbitrary attempt to define goodness to a level of specificity that is better established with actual words or at best/worst a top ten end of the year list.

When someone tells me they would give a game a 9.5 as if that is some meaningful distinction, you pretty much get a sense of how little they actually know about criticism.

you people are stupid. the more someone can tune their review score the further they can dig inside their rectum to give you an accurate number

Game scales need to be like pi so I know exactly where a game stands.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:32:51 PM by Stoney Mason »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20097 on: December 31, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
5 star system SUUUUUUUUCKS. 1-10 forever. :rock
dog

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20098 on: December 31, 2010, 03:03:30 PM »

Not at all. Someone telling me something is 9.1 or 9.2 or 9.3 or 9.9 is absolutely useless.

it's useless out of context but when you get familiar with the review site enough to get a feel for what the numbers represent. so yeah when i look at IGN then Gamespot and 1up. the numbers mean nothing. but when I followed Gamespot closely I knew what a 9.1 vs a 9.5 meant. "these are both great amazing games, but this one is slightly better than the other" then the review text added even further context.
nat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20099 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »

Not at all. Someone telling me something is 9.1 or 9.2 or 9.3 or 9.9 is absolutely useless.

it's useless out of context but when you get familiar with the review site enough to get a feel for what the numbers represent. so yeah when i look at IGN then Gamespot and 1up. the numbers mean nothing. but when I followed Gamespot closely I knew what a 9.1 vs a 9.5 meant. "these are both great amazing games, but this one is slightly better than the other" then the review text added even further context.

Hey if it works for you and you get some information out of it that's all that matters. It never works for me. I don't know what tenths of a points mean on a 10 point scale. Especially since its multiple people doing the reviewing.

I don't need some crazy scale but then honestly numbers don't mean anything to me anyway and the more precise somebody gets with their numbers the less it actually means to be personally other than that they are trying to make some very specific distinction that is subjective on a level that doesn't really inform me of much.